[WoW] [Chat] Operation Bonergone

1676869707173»

Posts

  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, they'll pretty much never come right out and say "Patch today!" just in case some catastrophic bug or something is found at the last minute and they can't roll it out. That way the Typical Blizzard Fan™ can't go into a mouth-foamy nerdrage about being "promised a patch today!"

    This is so sad.

    Mgcw on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's funny how much Blizzard's CRs have to act like politicians due to stupid people like that.

    Opty on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No, it's pretty much just real life. In any crowd of people, there is always a vocal sub-set that gets angry about everything. Everything is offensive to them, because they simply want to be angry about something. The WoW community is pretty much an exact microcosm of society in that way.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I tried to pick up some herbs but my inventory was full. How dare Blizzard do this? I'm boycotting them for life, those bastards!

    reVerse on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know as soon as people can play 4.0 there's going to be people asking 'y can't i make goblin & worgen>?! fuk bliz.'

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    No, it's pretty much just real life. In any crowd of people, there is always a vocal sub-set that gets angry about everything. Everything is offensive to them, because they simply want to be angry about something. The WoW community is pretty much an exact microcosm of society in that way.

    On my server it is getting worse. I saw this mage simply asking anyone wanted to group up or if he/she could get into some old content like toc10. He/she stated does 3-4kdps and people just laid into him/her. It was horrible to read. I stopped leveling up of my profession of the alt I was on and went out and just quested more. People suck in WoW.

    Jubal77 on
  • Mr Slippy FistMr Slippy Fist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Mr Slippy Fist on
    Yes, I hate my username and wish I could sign up with a new one. Registration sucks.
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    People suck in Life.

    lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    finding a community of people to play with is what makes or breaks any MMO. it is completely worth server switching to a place where the attitude is relaxed yet still focused.

    belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    belaraphon wrote: »
    finding a community of people to play with is what makes or breaks any MMO. it is completely worth server switching to a place where the attitude is relaxed yet still focused.

    WTB Bulk discount on faction/server transfers. My friend and I have a nice little horde guild to run with, but I loathe the idea of moving 4-5 MORE characters over there to make it my true home D:

    Bobble on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Wouldn't they just come right out and say if they were patching or not?

    edit: Well, I guess, in a way, that is directly saying it.
    Also, "Everyone will be playing MEDAL OF HONOR on Tuesday anyway, so might as well take the servers down for the day."

    Fairchild on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Wouldn't they just come right out and say if they were patching or not?

    edit: Well, I guess, in a way, that is directly saying it.
    Also, "Everyone will be playing MEDAL OF HONOR on Tuesday anyway, so might as well take the servers down for the day."

    I will not be for various reasons
    But then I really need to clean up the mess in my room

    Brainleech on
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Wouldn't they just come right out and say if they were patching or not?

    edit: Well, I guess, in a way, that is directly saying it.
    Also, "Everyone will be playing MEDAL OF HONOR on Tuesday anyway, so might as well take the servers down for the day."

    gotta stick it to the opposing force anyway i can. bastards.

    belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I tried to pick up some herbs but my inventory was full. How dare Blizzard do this? I'm boycotting them for life, those bastards!

    no no, you didn't say it right

    it was a slap in the face

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    belaraphon wrote: »
    gotta stick it to the opposing force anyway i can. bastards.
    Die, die, die, you generic Muslim terrorists who are not the Taliban !

    Fairchild on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait, Tenacious D is a real band?

    reVerse on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Actually, that's a good question. I know it costs 225 gold for the license, but I haven't a clue where to train it (and I'm in beta, just been playing around in the new starting areas).

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So what do you do when you get into your random and there are two people in the same guild who announce that we will be doing insert time-consuming or annoying dungeon achievement here or else they will boot you?

    That's happened to me twice in the past week or so. Personally I feel that kind of crap should be done with your guild instead of subjecting other randoms to it. But on a dps character you pretty much have to accept it or eat another 20-30 minute wait time.

    Note: This doesn't apply to simple stuff like either of the Skodi achievements or what not, but to the ones that either require a bunch of extra time (ie. rhino troll boss gores everyone, Hall of Stone boss makes iron oozes or whatever it is he does) or will very likely lead to whipes due to half the pug having no clue what to do (ie. Oculus Void achievements, No Tramples in ToC joust, etc.)

    Lars on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Actually, that's a good question. I know it costs 225 gold for the license, but I haven't a clue where to train it (and I'm in beta, just been playing around in the new starting areas).

    Old world flying doesn't come till 4.0.3 (which will not be until one week before the launch of cataclysm) and is taught by the new flying trainer in SW/Org found next to the gryphon/wyvern master.

    That is about as specific as I can get it. Also as a bonus Artisan flying will now be discounted by faction rep with either SW or Org, meaning if you are exlated it only costs 4k gold instead of 5k!

    It also appears that cold weather flying is trainable at level 68 for 500 gold from these trainers (this is pre-price adjustment based on faction rep). So no more needing an 80 to get that book.

    TheGerbil on

  • OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    belaraphon wrote: »
    finding a community of people to play with is what makes or breaks any MMO. it is completely worth server switching to a place where the attitude is relaxed yet still focused.

    WTB Bulk discount on server transfers. My friend and I have a nice little horde guild to run with, but I loathe the idea of moving 4-5 MORE characters over there to make it my true home D:

    This. I transferred one character over to the Beasts, but I have about 6 more in need of transfer. Having my chars split is annoying, especially when I think "On man, I know I have like 5 of those... on another server"

    Oricalm on
    Xbox Live: Oricalm
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    So what do you do when you get into your random and there are two people in the same guild who announce that we will be doing insert time-consuming or annoying dungeon achievement here or else they will boot you?

    That's happened to me twice in the past week or so. Personally I feel that kind of crap should be done with your guild instead of subjecting other randoms to it. But on a dps character you pretty much have to accept it or eat another 20-30 minute wait time.

    Note: This doesn't apply to simple stuff like either of the Skodi achievements or what not, but to the ones that either require a bunch of extra time (ie. rhino troll boss gores everyone, Hall of Stone boss makes iron oozes or whatever it is he does) or will very likely lead to whipes due to half the pug having no clue what to do (ie. Oculus Void achievements, No Tramples in ToC joust, etc.)
    Subtly ruin their achievement. The first two are easy: just kill the fucking boss, they can't boot you in combat. Some you might have to bite the bullet on or get kicked. Or make your case to the non-guild people that you shouldn't be kicked, then everyone sits around whining and wasting your 20-30m anyway.

    Nobody wins.

    Tenacious D live would have made Blizzcon tickets worth it. Somewhat regretting my lack of purchitude at the ticketorium right now.

    JAEF on
  • 28682868 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Actually, that's a good question. I know it costs 225 gold for the license, but I haven't a clue where to train it (and I'm in beta, just been playing around in the new starting areas).

    Also as a bonus Artisan flying will now be discounted by faction rep with either SW or Org, meaning if you are exlated it only costs 4k gold instead of 5k!

    You can already get artisan flying for near 4k if you have the proper outland rep in hellfire for your respective factions.

    2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

    buy warhams
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    2868 wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Actually, that's a good question. I know it costs 225 gold for the license, but I haven't a clue where to train it (and I'm in beta, just been playing around in the new starting areas).

    Also as a bonus Artisan flying will now be discounted by faction rep with either SW or Org, meaning if you are exlated it only costs 4k gold instead of 5k!

    You can already get artisan flying for near 4k if you have the proper outland rep in hellfire for your respective factions.

    Oh? Those trainers also sell artisan flying? Well i learned something new today! And spent a lot more money then I should have getting my alt (former main from BC) artisan flying...

    TheGerbil on

  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    2868 wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Actually, that's a good question. I know it costs 225 gold for the license, but I haven't a clue where to train it (and I'm in beta, just been playing around in the new starting areas).

    Also as a bonus Artisan flying will now be discounted by faction rep with either SW or Org, meaning if you are exlated it only costs 4k gold instead of 5k!

    You can already get artisan flying for near 4k if you have the proper outland rep in hellfire for your respective factions.

    I'm fairly sure the Outland flight trainers provide discounts with Stormwind/Orgrimmar rep, not Honor Hold/Thrallmar rep.

    reVerse on
  • 28682868 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    2868 wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Over/Under on number of times this question (or variations thereof) is asked tomorrow (or whenever servers come up stable):

    "Where do I go to learn how to fly in old world?"

    Actually, that's a good question. I know it costs 225 gold for the license, but I haven't a clue where to train it (and I'm in beta, just been playing around in the new starting areas).

    Also as a bonus Artisan flying will now be discounted by faction rep with either SW or Org, meaning if you are exlated it only costs 4k gold instead of 5k!

    You can already get artisan flying for near 4k if you have the proper outland rep in hellfire for your respective factions.

    I'm fairly sure the Outland flight trainers provide discounts with Stormwind/Orgrimmar rep, not Honor Hold/Thrallmar rep.

    Oh, well whatevs, all I know is I paid 4kish for artisan flying for my fellers out there.

    2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

    buy warhams
  • mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lars wrote: »

    .....

    Note: This doesn't apply to simple stuff like either of the Skodi achievements or what not, but to the ones that either require a bunch of extra time (ie. rhino troll boss gores everyone, Hall of Stone boss makes iron oozes or whatever it is he does) or will very likely lead to whipes due to half the pug having no clue what to do (ie. Oculus Void achievements, No Tramples in ToC joust, etc.)


    there is an achievement tied to no tramples?

    mfc144 on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just checked and apparently not (can't even find reference to it existing and getting removed). For some reason I thought there was one for that and even remember someone trying to get us to attempt it shortly after ToC's release but just decided to give up after one got accidentally trampled anyways.

    Lars on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    is guild leveling coming in 4.0.1 or just the 1000 member cap?

    Ohtsam on
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    is guild leveling coming in 4.0.1 or just the 1000 member cap?

    1000 member soft cap w/ no more additions.

    belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guild leveling isn't getting turned on until 4.0.3 at the earliest.

    TheGerbil on

This discussion has been closed.