As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eeyore's Photo A Day thread

EeyoreEeyore Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Artist's Corner
So in the spirit of improvement, I am going to post a photo a day. Not just as a reminder to keep my camera nearby, but to keep my brain working and thinking about new ideas and setups and to stay observant for the shots the world throws at me. I'll try to add in my thoughts, process (if any) and what I wanted out of it. I'm going to include both "luck shots" (environment/street) and hopefully the results from some projects I have in the works.

Feel free to critique!

So, in the Halloween-y spirit:

5073987024_001b9e58b6.jpgDSC_0027 by Eeyore is the weather, on Flickr

This is a pure luck shot. I nearly stepped on the guy while taking my lunchtime walk today. I do not possess an actual macro lens, but I do have some extension rings. Which I did not have with me. So, this is pure kit lens (18-55mm) shot at ISO 100 and f9 to try and get a little DOF and help make the kit lens a little sharper overall. Took lots of different angles and had lots and lots of misses on focus, the viewfinder on a D60 isn't too helpful in that regard : /. I liked this particular shot because the spider seems to looking for a better grip on the guy (he was still wiggling a little).

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Eeyore on

• Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So apparently all those spikes on the caterpillar were a waste of time. GG EVOLUTION!
    I like it though, because I like spiders.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Maybe those spikes are merely mimicry defenses. Guess that spider wasn't totally dumb, go spiders!

m3nace on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    its all national geographic up in here!

interesting photo, ill probably sleep a little bit less... time to double check the room for spiders

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    m3nace wrote: »
    Maybe those spikes are merely mimicry defenses. Guess that spider wasn't totally dumb, go spiders!

Oh no, they're learning

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't even know what kind of caterpillar that is, so I dunno if the spikes are worth anything. Shoulda watched more Discovery Channel :?

Ok, almost missed posting today. Silly forum outage.

5076443987_bc5bd3c356.jpg
    DSC_0085 by Eeyore is the weather, on Flickr

Shot from the new park in downtown Birmingham. This was the only body of water still enough to let me shoot a reflection, but it only turned out ok. Definitely hurting for my lack of a tripod here (left it in the car >.<). I might take another pass at it more aggressively with some PP to get a little better color, wish I had shot this in the earlier, better light. Oh wel, always tomorrow.

Eeyore on
  • Options
    AlecxantAlecxant Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    sweet smokeless smokestacks

Alecxant on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Haha, yeah Birmingham has a lot of industry that has since gone kaput, lots of abandoned or semi-abandoned industrial buildings.

Post for today, a little bit of fall. Only problem with being so far south is the trees change color very disjointedly, this tree only has one branch that has even started turning. I love hunting for random fall colors.

5080143528_d2f02f14b4.jpg
    DSC_0042 by Eeyore is the weather, on Flickr

Shot with the other kit lens (55-200), which is kind of funny since I almost never use that lens. I even had contemplated taking it out of my bag in favor of something else, but not today at least. Hopefully I'll get to use it more this fall.

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Eeyore on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ok so I missed 1 day, possibly 2? I haven't really got any excuses for that, especially since I know I'll miss 2-3 days next week when I'm in the Smokies testing out my new bad boy.

5085726336_37727a9ebd.jpg
    DSC_0031 by Eeyore is the weather, on Flickr

Best Buy was kind to me, oh yes. And I'm pretty happy with my little attempt at a product shot, but I'd be even happier if I could've taken it WITH the product.

Eeyore on
  • Options
    AlecxantAlecxant Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Eeyore, you're slackin' man, lets see those pics.

Alecxant on