As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW][Chat] Cata cata cata pon! (LOTS OF INFO IN THE OP)

• Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    I assumed everything will be a retarded disaster until Cata hits. Anyone who continues to run ICC will probably have an interesting time.

I expect it to be the worst, most ridiculous mess ever, and I'm loving every thought of it going badly.

I wonder what all the healers are going to do now that their output is gutted, their mana longevity is destroyed, and every not-ARP based spec hits harder than Heroic Lich King.

Not be tiny gods that are invincible unless you can chain interrupt/silence them or have a MS?

What the hell are you and Munkus talking about? Burst is so high in S8 that one lavaburst/conflag combo will drop a warrior through shield wall and full hots.

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Downtime extended to 2pm PDT. Ill be at work when the servers come up. :(

Were you really expecting anything less?

Edit:
    I assumed everything will be a retarded disaster until Cata hits. Anyone who continues to run ICC will probably have an interesting time.

With the removal of the buffs and debuffs, does that mean avoidance tanking will now be what you want for tanks for ICC? So instead of stacking Stam having avoidance will be a good thing, right? Does that mean that for those of us tanks who have 80% avoidance (pre-patch) but not quite 50k health will be acceptable to tank it? Will there be more of a need for more tanks since the mobs there cannot be CC'ed and everyone's used to just facerolling their way around?
    I wonder how the sentries will work if the Rogue(s) fail, like they usually seem to in my experience, to disarm the traps....
    80% avoidance? still idk, the problem with that is 50k is Boom Boom dead for a lot of bosses. Hell for Sindy 25 thats a nova thing and a melee hit, which happening without a real heal is almost 100%, as healers are running out. I don't see stam+armor stacking going away till 85 when we get the more inflated stam on gear. Hell armor is more valuable now, since it reduces every hit thus saving mana., which never mattered before.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

I expect it to be the worst, most ridiculous mess ever, and I'm loving every thought of it going badly.

I wonder what all the healers are going to do now that their output is gutted, their mana longevity is destroyed, and every not-ARP based spec hits harder than Heroic Lich King.

Not be tiny gods that are invincible unless you can chain interrupt/silence them or have a MS?

What the hell are you and Munkus talking about? Burst is so high in S8 that one lavaburst/conflag combo will drop a warrior through shield wall and full hots.
    Yeah, no idea. Healers haven't been tiny gods for a long time in WotLK. The people who complain about healer invincibility are either playing a class/spec that's terrible vs. healers (and not focusing them with another spec that isn't), trying to fight one solo in a team-based game, playing in 2v2 arena which is retarded no matter which way you slice it, or undergeared.
    80% avoidance? still idk, the problem with that is 50k is Boom Boom dead for a lot of bosses. Hell for Sindy 25 thats a nova thing and a melee hit, which happening without a real heal is almost 100%, as healers are running out. I don't see stam+armor stacking going away till 85 when we get the more inflated stam on gear. Hell armor is more valuable now, since it reduces every hit thus saving mana., which never mattered before.
    Yeah, +armor should still be awesome for the rest of the time we're at 80. Although IIRC they've nerfed +armor gear (i.e., increased the itemization cost of +armor so items don't have as much of it) in this patch.

forty on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have to see how bad it is first. On my shaman healer my mana regen was crazy so if they nerf that I might have to blow my trinket and mana tide now... and perhaps (god help us) pot...oh well.

Jubal77 on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh yeah, dual specs should be 100 gold for any characters who don't have it already. That is some pretty sweet news right there.

TheGerbil on
    edited October 2010
    You know, I never looked at the conversion of the caster/healer PvP gear in 4.0+. I assume the healer PvP items have more int now that it's the "spell power" stat? An issue with PvP gear up until now has always been that it sacrifices int (i.e., mana pool) for survival stats, while still having equivalent SP to non-PvP gear of the same ilevel. I would assume the stat conversions have given the PvP gear as much int as equivalent PvE pieces?

I hope so, because relatively small mana pool has always been an issue for my resto druid in PvP gear.

Edit: Not that mana pool will matter in 4.0 with healers being a joke to kill/ignore.

forty on
    edited October 2010
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Oh yeah, dual specs should be 100 gold for any characters who don't have it already. That is some pretty sweet news right there.

Really? Dammit I didnt know about that one. I dual speccd my DK about a month ago.

Jubal77 on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Damn straight. I have a couple characters that I need to get dual spec on and saving 1800G is so nice.

jackal on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    2868 wrote: »
    I hate auctioneer. Is there something better?

I would also like an answer to this. Auctioneer is kind of a buggy, bloated POS that the author refuses to keep updated. I'd really like an alternative, especially given I don't even use 90% of the crap it does. I just want something that will give me average AH prices for items.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You can try AuctionLite, but I don't think it works right with 4.0 and it hasn't been updated yet.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I use AuctionLite. Don't know off hand if it's been updated, but there's a good chance it still works anyway.

It doesn't do as much as Auctioneer, of course.

Edit: BEEEAAATTEEENNNNN

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    2868 wrote: »
    I hate auctioneer. Is there something better?

I would also like an answer to this. Auctioneer is kind of a buggy, bloated POS that the author refuses to keep updated. I'd really like an alternative, especially given I don't even use 90% of the crap it does. I just want something that will give me average AH prices for items.

Auctionater is a nice light one that does average price as well as lets you mass post items.

edit - As well as a super fast AH scan.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I havent really played for the last 3-4 months, but will be at least getting cata and maxing my main characters level and going through (warlock). However I must say that the changes to the warlock , at least from the perspective of someone just reading about the changes do not seem very profound. I'm dissapointed that they didnt give us a new pet. I love the warlock no matter how high or low they happen to be on the power meter (i dont really pvp) but damn its been like 7 years, if your not going to give us a new pet, then at least let us customize the pet models based on whats already in the game (various elemental types of voidwalkers, imps with clothes, etc).

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You guys got a new pet in TBC, The Felguard. I can't remember if was completely new, but I know he was a total revamp and got made to be pretty fucking badass.

Now Warlocks that spec Demo get the (albeit not completely tricked out) Felguard at level 10.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Are single ranks of spells going in now too?

If so, we'll no longer have to worry about the dual spec issue where new ranks aren't updated on the inactive bars! :mrgreen:

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    All class mechanics are going in, sans spells you can't get because you aren't high enough level.

Edit: Technically those are in, but you can't get them.

Also, anything really new on beta we probably don't see yet, but I don't know what has been touched on beta recently.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You guys got a new pet in TBC, The Felguard. I can't remember if was completely new, but I know he was a total revamp and got made to be pretty fucking badass.

Now Warlocks that spec Demo get the (albeit not completely tricked out) Felguard at level 10.

meh. it wasnt really new, the doomguard spell had been in since vanilla wow, they just made it summonable but only for demo spec, which for the majority of the last 7 years has been the least attractive spec.

Meanwhile, hunters get different pet choices all the time. there pets have talent trees, etc. I still like my lock, but it has not gotten any deeper a class in quite some time. The massive changes to affliction made it a much more simple class to play and specifically eliminated the more skill = more damage component of the class.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm assuming the price cut for Cold Weather Flying will be going in as well.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    azith28 wrote: »

meh. it wasnt really new, the doomguard spell had been in since vanilla wow, they just made it summonable but only for demo spec, which for the majority of the last 7 years has been the least attractive spec.

Meanwhile, hunters get different pet choices all the time. there pets have talent trees, etc. I still like my lock, but it has not gotten any deeper a class in quite some time. The massive changes to affliction made it a much more simple class to play and specifically eliminated the more skill = more damage component of the class.

Are we confusing doomguard and felguard? I didn't think they were THAT similar. (caveat: warlock's the class I know least about)

Bobble on
    edited October 2010
    It should be cheaper. Something like 500 gold now and is affected by reputation.

TheGerbil on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So spirit is just for healers now?

Ha screw you Warlocks stealing all my cloth gear.
    Yes people will probably still roll on it.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zalazane's Fall and Operation: Gnomeregan have concluded. Consorts from the Gnomeregan Exiles have begun setting up new fortifications outside of their once-great city, while the Darkspears are in the process of settling into the reclaimed territory of the Echo Isles.

Doctor Detroit on
    edited October 2010
    Bobble wrote: »

Are we confusing doomguard and felguard? I didn't think they were THAT similar. (caveat: warlock's the class I know least about)

If you look this is a standard thing in cata. For instance Shadow Form is now a 10 point talent.

Jubal77 on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Damn, should have done it on my alts... oh well

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2010
    So spirit is just for healers now?

Ha screw you Warlocks stealing all my cloth gear.
    Yes people will probably still roll on it.
    It's for healers and shadow priests, balance druids, and elemental shamans, who will get hit rating from it.

forty on
  • ErragalErragal Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bobble wrote: »

They aren't that similar at all. The best part of new demo is Hand of Gul'Dan...meteors every 12 seconds = fun. Also, warlocks will get to use infernals and actual doomguards as temporary damage pets in fights more easily, since they can exist alongside your perma-pets.

Erragal on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well thats funny, clicking on this thread kept taking me to the SE++ venture brothers thread.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I've been trying to dump spirit gear for awhile, but was only half successful :\ Whelp reforging ahoy. Unless they change some of the gear that has spirit on it now to something else, since I think they are changing the mp5 gear to spirit.

LockeCole on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well thats funny, clicking on this thread kept taking me to the SE++ venture brothers thread.

Me too. What sort of black magic is at work here?

Evil Weevil on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Me too. What sort of black magic is at work here?

My post was too insightful to be contained in just one forum, and attempted to gain a greater audience by migrating to SE++ on its own volition.

or the server hiccuped. I prefer the first explanation :P

Bobble on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Do not adjust your internet. We are controlling the bandwidth. If we wish to make it dumber, we will bring up 4chan. If we wish to make it smarter, we will tune it to BBC.com. We will control the bits. We will control the bytes. We can rickroll the image; make it lens flare. We can change the colors to a monochrome or sharpen it to sepia. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your internet. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to SE++.

Bucketman on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    If we wish to make it smarter, we will tune it to BBC.com.

Hahahahah nope.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Look it was either that or Cspan. I chose the one people actually use.

Bucketman on
    edited October 2010
    From start to finish doing all the dowloads that come after the initial install on my crappy laptop it took approximately 4.5 hours to get everything. Granted the streaming client said the game was ready to go after about 3 hours but still... This patch is a big one.

TheGerbil on
  • ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I booted up WoW just to fiddle around with the new video settings. The game recommended "good." GOOD?! Ultra to the max, bitch!

Toldo on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Toldo wrote: »
    I booted up WoW just to fiddle around with the new video settings. The game recommended "good." GOOD?! Ultra to the max, bitch!

Water is going to kiiillll yooouuu.....

L Ron Howard on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait, so the new water and like other fancy smancy effects are in?

Evil Weevil on
  • ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Water, sunshafts... the works.

Toldo on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Water and Sunrays, as well as a beta version of DX11 (so the patch notes say anyway).

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited October 2010
    Yeah the new effects are in and can rape your card if you are not prepared.

Anyhow to have them all on requires a relatively new video card and a good amount of RAM.

TheGerbil on
This discussion has been closed.