As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    DCU Online character creation bit

Also with the CGI story explaining the plot device on how your character gets their powers.

That actually looks really good, and you can then ally yourself with certain hero families, and ultimately get to wear an S or Bat symbol on your character.

That's really cool. I'm actually considering this game now. Booster Gold or Steel knockoffs, here we go!

TexiKen on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I can tell from that video that robot suits are going to be everywhere.

Lux on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.moviehole.net/201026901-warner-will-have-the-flash-by-christmas

Bradly Cooper as Flash? He seems more of a Wally than a Barry to me.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2010
    Joel McHale as Flash.

I bet they would probably mash Wally and Barry's personalities together. And then when Kid Flash is introduced they make Wally like Bart. Trickle down effect.

TexiKen on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Deadpool is funny and sarcastic and smart even when not engaged in random flashbacks. It contains a whole host of completely crazed pop culture references from Caddyshack to Amy Winehouse and everything in between. It tries to take place in the real world where Wade (Deadpool’s real name) sits around and watches Gallagher wielding his sledgomatic on television and in his apartment has his floors cleaned by a Roomba. It contains ruminations on everything from the titles of Steven Seagal movies to the potentially evil nature of IKEA. And it does all of that while telling what is almost without a doubt the darkest, most disturbed superhero story ever told.

Glowing review of Deadpool's script

Kyougu on
    edited October 2010
    Deadpool doesn't have to be dark and disturbing to stand out in a comic movie, that might even be a hindrance to him. And they will probably replace Bea Arthur lines with Betty White stuff and she'll show up in the movie and the shark will have been jumped thrice.

TexiKen on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Character development for colossus you say? Color me intruiged.

Edit: I don't know why, but I'm having this sudden vision where Deadpool is mocking Wolverine's "fastball-special" by having Colossus just chucking Wade bodily at bad guys. No intention of cutting, just Wade being smashed into random baddies and his healing factor taking care of the post-smash trauma.

Afurther Edit: Robert Rodriguez would rather direct Spy Kids 4 and Sin City 2 than Deadpool????

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't trust script reviews of movies that aren't filming

Scripts change a lot before then

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Greg Land traces costume for real!*

Ok not Land, but this is an interesting story:

at NYCC there was someone who entered a steam punk Iron Man into the costume contest, and won because it was really cool looking. But it was actually the suit made for an indy film called Tin Man, and the production assistant took that only existing version and painted it to be Iron Man-ish without consent. Not cool bro.

TexiKen on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Young Justice clip from Comic Con is out and about on the net.

This youtube version might get removed pretty soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnuMjbaqbM

LordSolarMacharius on
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Greg Land traces costume for real!*

Ok not Land, but this is an interesting story:

at NYCC there was someone who entered a steam punk Iron Man into the costume contest, and won because it was really cool looking. But it was actually the suit made for an indy film called Tin Man, and the production assistant took that only existing version and painted it to be Iron Man-ish without consent. Not cool bro.

the response from the film maker actually makes me glad the suit was stolen

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Come on, how many superhero origins involve some guy stealing a one of a kind suit of armor? Dude should get extra points for that.

Also, Young Justice looks kind of blah. The personalities just didn't seem that strong, I guess.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010
    But that's how supervillains start, TLB. Steam punk Whiplash, coming soon.

That Young Justice clip looks really good, all DC animation should look that good (and will look even better when not recorded from a cellphone). Interesting in going that route with Superboy, or at least making it happen right off the bat, I guess this allows for him to be the fish out of water character to explain everything to the viewer.

Bart's voice is a bit off, Aqualad seems a bit too angry, almost Amazon/WW-like in always beating up stuff. But I like it. As long as Artemis doesn't turn out to be Typhoid Mary.

TexiKen on
    edited October 2010
    Supervillains aren't fat babies who cry and become hermits when bad things happen to them

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Supervillains aren't fat babies who cry and become hermits when bad things happen to them

Mole_man.jpg

That's pretty much this dude's origin.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    it's not Bart it's Wally

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2010
    Why so angry, TLB? You're not as chillaxed as usual.
    Keith wrote: »
    it's not Bart it's Wally

You're right, but man did Flash's voice seem a lot like Wally's in Justice League Unlimited.

TexiKen on
    edited October 2010
    That dude's response really chapped my hide

Like seriously

You have to talk to the press

Maybe get some exposure for your little indie film no one will see

Sure, you can be pissed

But you choose to be a whiny baby about it and talk about how you hate humanity

Really?

That is the choice you make?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, dude came off as way to pretentious.

And there was something off about the voices in that YJ clip. Sounded like they were just reading lines without putting any emotion or character behind it. Hopefully it's because of the cellphone quality.

Kyougu on
    edited October 2010

Mole_man.jpg

That's pretty much this dude's origin.

no it isn't

dudes scoffed at him

then he was right

and to prove he was right he attacked them with monsters

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2010
    And there was something off about the voices in that YJ clip. Sounded like they were just reading lines without putting any emotion or character behind it. Hopefully it's because of the cellphone quality.

"Today's the day!" was the problem.

As was having them all fight villains with the same theme for some inexplicable reason.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010

Like seriously

Sure, you can be pissed

Really?

Well what do you expect with someone who makes a short film that's titled after a Wizard of Oz character?

And what's with all the Young Justice scoffin? You guys probably thought X-Men Evolution was bad and I'll be all nu uh to your uh huh, let's be positive!

TexiKen on
    edited October 2010
    also the fact the dude is such a douche that he calls it a "cheap knock off of a popular character"

and I'm thinking

You made Tin Man

probably on a small budget

which, by definition, is a cheap-knock off of a popular character

and you are too busy blubbering like a baby to realize this

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Can't believe TLB made Mole Man sound cool...

My whole world's been shaken.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010
    I can make any character sound cool

It is my gift

It is my curse

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the dude who stole the suit was a dick, the response of the dude who made it was pretty lame

hey TLB
    225px-Shriek.png

Antimatter on
    edited October 2010
    it'll pain me

but Shriek tamed the savage Spider-Man doppelganger by being a crazy bitch

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Like seriously

Sure, you can be pissed

Really?

I dunno, if someone stole something I'd drawn, and then drew a giant dick on it, and then entered the superheroes-with-giant-dicks fanart competition with it, I'd probably be kind of irked.

The dude could have spun it to his advantage, but who says Bleeding Cool's really interested in giving him a forum to pimp his movie? That's not really Rich Johnston's purview, you know?

That said, his response does read as a bit pretentious, like he's some kind of long-suffering auteur. Which I doubt.

Munch on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Deadpool is funny and sarcastic and smart even when not engaged in random flashbacks. It contains a whole host of completely crazed pop culture references from Caddyshack to Amy Winehouse and everything in between. It tries to take place in the real world where Wade (Deadpool’s real name) sits around and watches Gallagher wielding his sledgomatic on television and in his apartment has his floors cleaned by a Roomba. It contains ruminations on everything from the titles of Steven Seagal movies to the potentially evil nature of IKEA. And it does all of that while telling what is almost without a doubt the darkest, most disturbed superhero story ever told.

Glowing review of Deadpool's script

the pop culture references here make it sound like this script was written at least six years ago

DJ Eebs on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chris Giarrusso (Mini Marvels) composed a truly amazing theme song for Hawkeye.

Munch on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I feel like i have a better idea of the cognitive process he goes through while writing thanks to that video

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

"Today's the day!" was the problem.

As was having them all fight villains with the same theme for some inexplicable reason.

Also, kid flash's goggles. They should either be down, or not there at all.

Fencingsax on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Young Justice clip from Comic Con is out and about on the net.

This youtube version might get removed pretty soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnuMjbaqbM

Was that FREAKING DUBBILEX? I'm sold.

Otherwise the animation is pretty cool and surprisingly smooth for a weekly animation.

MastaP on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That looks fucking cool.

Is it true that we're only getting a two-part pilot until the spring?

Also, if I was that costume guy, I'd be pissed to. He created a unique design and put a shitload of work into making that thing only for his assistant to rework it into something more.... commercial, I guess. Less unique. Replaced all of the dude's design work with steampunk iron man with a really ugly helmet instead of the cool tin man helmet, which he says was destroyed in the modifications.

Anyway, if you click through to the guy's forum, he says they worked it out but he's still kind of bummed that his work is gone.

HadjiQuest on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Reading the Deadpool script.
    INT. APARTMENT - DAY - PAST
    .••a CLOSE-UP of a Deadpool ACTION FIGURE from 'Wolverine
    Origins.' Mouth sewn shut. Blades implanted into the
    wrists. In the exact same POSE we just saw the real
    Deadpool.
    WADE (0.S.)
    A little piece of me curled up and
    died the day this came out.
    We PULL OUT to reveal that Wade is referring NOT to the
    action figure, but to WHAMl'S 'Music From the Edge of Heaven'
    LP, which he is now holding.
    He tosses the LP into a near-full TRASH CAN, right on TOP of
    the Deadpool action figure.

Furu on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, Young Justice has the original Teen Titans? Well, most of them. No one really cares about Aqualad.

Why not just call the show Teen Titans? I want Bart and Tim and Con-El and Cassie. And Secret. Remember Secret? She was awesome. Arrowette was awesome too. And Empress. Red Tornado was great as a mentor figure. Snapper Carr was slightly annoying but made up for it with the Rick Jones references.

God, I miss these characters together. I grew up with them.

[EDIT] The current generation of editors and writers basically screwed over these great characters in favor of their own childhood heroes. When will they get replaced by people who are nostalgic for Young Justice and Cassandra Cain and Linda Danvers and the Reboot version of the Legion of Super-Heroes?

TeaSpoon on
    edited October 2010
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    So, Young Justice has the original Teen Titans? Well, most of them. No one really cares about Aqualad.

Why not just call the show Teen Titans? I want Bart and Tim and Con-El and Cassie. And Secret. Remember Secret? She was awesome. Arrowette was awesome too. And Empress. Red Tornado was great as a mentor figure. Snapper Carr was slightly annoying but made up for it with the Rick Jones references.

God, I miss these characters together. I grew up with them.

[EDIT] The current generation of editors and writers basically screwed over these great characters in favor of their own childhood heroes. When will they get replaced by people who are nostalgic for Young Justice and Cassandra Cain and Linda Danvers and the Reboot version of the Legion of Super-Heroes?

Man, it's the Young Justice personalities but with the names of the original sidekicks. They're just trying to adapt YJ without having all the baggage of legacy characters like Robin III, Kid Flash III, Aqualad III, Speedy III, etc. etc.

It's trying to stay true to the characterizations in the source material, while also being a fresh and relatively clean universe in terms of continuity.

Dick Grayson is Tim Drake named Dick Grayson. Barry Allen is Wally, just named... Berry. Wally is Bart.

It's super confusing to us as DCU fans, but it will streamline things a bit for the kids watching (although by now I'm really not sure if I believe kids even watch most of these shows anymore).

Could they have just done the opposite, and ignored Dick and Wally by replacing them with Tim and Bart? Sure. Why didn't they? Who knows.

HadjiQuest on
    edited October 2010
    Also, that deadpool script excerpt is incredible, and better than anything Way wrote in the year and a half I read his book.

HadjiQuest on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Also, that deadpool script excerpt is incredible, and better than anything Way wrote in the year and a half I read his book.

This script is very much influenced by the Joe Kelly comics. Weasel, Blind Al, the Hell House, and the main villain is
    Ajax

Furu on
    edited October 2010
    See, I don't know any of those things! Weasel showed up in Way's run as much as I read of it (missed the first 10 issues, quit after 26), and none of them other folks.

And I'm not buying the Deadpool Classic volumes anymore because they're crazy expensive.

HadjiQuest on