As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Racist Dad Chat: Tell Me About Ya Fam

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Faynor wrote: »

oh dang, I'm sorry Liiya

I sure hope your father is alright and everyone goes well, that is a rough situation for anybody

I am glad you get along with your family

Thanks, the guy is going to prison so its okay :)

Liiya on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    look I'm not a racist or anything

but all faynors are terrorists and deserve to be beaten

quit being antisemitic, pip

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also after that exchange i had to explain to my Dad that Semites where Jews, i do believe that chinese people are people too, and not every racist thing is antisemitic.

Melding on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not Jewish but I have a lot of Jewish friends :x

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my old man says some racist stuff, but mostly in jest, or at least in a non-serious fashion

my mom is the one who says nothing racist at all and is fine with gays

and she was born in georgia in the 40's

take that stereotypes

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "I truly believe that there are no good muslims. They are all radical and they will blow you up."

Goddammit, that's my mom, too.

I really don't understand it. In particular, my mom talks about how Muslims want to export Islamic law everywhere and take over the US.

Edit: Anyway, I get along fine with my parents, but I just avoid talking about anything vaguely resembling politics.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i'm gay

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010

that means it's ok to make fun of them

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    who am I kidding c'mere

yesss

oh to answer your question, i get along swimmingly with my mom

and for the most part my dad too but he gets on my nerves heck of quickly

but i still love the guy

tell me more about your mom condoms

your condmoms

your momdoms
    oh haha okay

alright so for those of you who don't know, my mom works for the florida department of health

and in college and even after would regularly supply me with condoms

too many condoms

i wasn't even having sex and she just kept piling them on

i usually gave them to my friends who were actually getting laid

even once for my birthday recently she gave me a cookie tin just filled to the brim with them

oh mom <3

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also my dad had a heart attack in early March because of stress from work and it was very scary. And I get upset thinking about it.

But he decided to throw the job in because it wasn't worth it. Now he's all chilled out and I'm really glad.

Liiya on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    End wrote: »
    "I truly believe that there are no good muslims. They are all radical and they will blow you up."

I really don't understand it. In particular, my mom talks about how Muslims want to export Islamic law everywhere and take over the US.

well, there's like 1.6 billion muslims
    so maybe the US should just sit down and give up already is what I'm saying.

edit: tooofassst.

tynic on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You should trust your father. He knows, kid. He's been on God's Green Earth longer than you. He KNOWS that those muslims are dangerous. They'll jihad you if you cut them off in traffic. And black people? Obviously, they are just making a fuss over nothing. They're with the liberals simply because they want the government's next hand out.

Trust me kid. People like your father are on their way to the upper class with its tax breaks.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I get along with my parents pretty well, much better than when I was in high school/college. My dad is kind of a gruff dude, not really the emotional type but he's there when I need him. My mom is sweet. But every few months, she'll ask if I've found someone yet. The very next question is: "are you sure you're not gay? It's ok if you are" etc etc. Then I'm like no mom, jeez. You watch gilmore girls with a lady for a whole summer and all of a sudden, youre labelled. She's been getting into glee lately, so we talk about that a lot nowadays. I'm sure she'll ask me what scissoring is after this most recent episode.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Semite
    a : a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs

b : a descendant of these peoples

JoeUser on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mully wrote: »
    my dad once yelled at me because he called me gay and i said "no i'm not", while i was dating a transgendered man

"WHAT, YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN THEM?" he said

oh, dad

he apologized 5 years later

That's awful, but imagining this as a cartoon scene in my head made me laugh.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tynic wrote: »

and just like that, tynic will never set foot in the US again

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure my dad's racist. He claims it's because he grew up in Detroit in the 70s, and public schools there were not great. At one point he was one of about a half dozen white kids at an otherwise all black high school.

He dropped out when two of the other white students were murdered.

I'm still not sure that excuses saying things like, "I'm not racist, I think everybody should own one."

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i love my dad

but i don't like him very much

Pony on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Edit: Anyway, I get along fine with my parents, but I just avoid talking about anything vaguely resembling politics.

How can they be radical if they're all radical?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my parents are both super awesome and incredibly supportive and loving

I feel like an awful daughter because my dad's been in kenya for the past two weeks on a business trip and my mom's been calling me a lot the past few days. I've been really busy so I haven't been able to talk much and just figured she was lonely because my dad's gone, but then my dad called me from the airport and said she's been really upset because a family friend killed himself last week and he was surprised she hadn't talked to me about it :(

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My mother is shockingly okay with gays for being a devote Roman catholic. My dad doesn't care one way or another.

Melding on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    I get along with my parents pretty well, much better than when I was in high school/college. My dad is kind of a gruff dude, not really the emotional type but he's there when I need him. My mom is sweet. But every few months, she'll ask if I've found someone yet. The very next question is: "are you sure you're not gay? It's ok if you are" etc etc. Then I'm like no mom, jeez. You watch gilmore girls with a lady for a whole summer and all of a sudden, youre labelled. She's been getting into glee lately, so we talk about that a lot nowadays. I'm sure she'll ask me what scissoring is after this most recent episode.

My best friend in high school had this happen. She had short hair and was a tomboy and they just fell all over themselves to let her know it's ok if she's gay. When she got her first boyfriend they told her that she didn't have to try to be anyone she's not. It took years for them to accept that she is in fact straight.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My father should, judging him by the shit he's done in his time, be really awesome. But he isn't. He's a tyrant and an all-around asshole most of the time.

The man's pretty much the definition of masculinity: He was a sailor, a firefighter AND a hunter. I'm not kidding.
    Sadly he also beats my mother. Not often but it has happened in the past. He can't control his anger. He drinks.

My mother supposedly has an IQ of over 130, nearly finished law school only to drop out out of fear and being pregnant. I strongly suspect her above-average IQ is what made her socially awkward and, well, weird.

It sounds a little worse than it actually is. My relationship towards my parents has gotten way better ever since I moved out.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

and just like that, tynic will never set foot in the US again

BIG LOSS
    ... oh shit I'll never eat peanut butter m&m's again.

tynic on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my mom is racist and when we spoke, regularly told me how "worthless and dirty" "packies" are
    when i told her not to stereotype people she said "they are ALL like that, it is a fact of life, not a stereotype"

though, until i was like 13, i thought she meant pachyderms... you know, like dumbo. i still thought it was an awfully mean thing to say about elephants.

mully on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I do kind of feel bad because I sometimes forget Gary is Jewish, and then I remember, and then I remember that my League of Legends Alt Account is "Hitler Apologist" and I just go "oh no"

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lostwords wrote: »

maybe your mom is gay and she's just reaching out with the Glee

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    well that's a situation and no doubt faynor

good luck to ya

my parents are both crazy but they mean well

FAQ on
  • Options
    JAKJAK Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My Granddad is a strange one.

He's crazy, Scottish and only has one eye. Why? We don't know.

My mum doesn't even know.

JAK on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    it is not a fact of life that pachyderms are filthy

hasn't she ever seen an elephant do that showering thing with its trunk

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tox wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure my dad's racist. He claims it's because he grew up in Detroit in the 70s, and public schools there were not great. At one point he was one of about a half dozen white kids at an otherwise all black high school.

He dropped out when two of the other white students were murdered.

I'm still not sure that excuses saying things like, "I'm not racist, I think everybody should own one."

Jesus. That is fucking funny, except he is serious.

Still, he probably experienced racism himself since he was the minority. He probably is bitter about it.

Unfortunate.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    my mom is racist and when we spoke, regularly told me how "worthless and dirty" "packies" are
    when i told her not to stereotype people she said "they are ALL like that, it is a fact of life, not a stereotype"

though, until i was like 13, i thought she meant pachyderms... you know, like dumbo. i still thought it was an awfully mean thing to say about elephants.

oh mully that is adorable

... but yes, kind of a mean thing to say about elephants. They're not worthless at all! and they only get dirty when the waterholes dry up.

tynic on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my dad once yelled at me because he called me gay and i said "no i'm not", while i was dating a transgendered man

"WHAT, YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN THEM?" he said

oh, dad

he apologized 5 years later

That's awful, but imagining this as a cartoon scene in my head made me laugh.

it happened in a Subway parking lot, in a volkswagen van
    i guess it was kind of confusing for him on the whole
    but it was confusing for me at that point too, sooo

mully on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I do kind of feel bad because I sometimes forget Gary is Jewish, and then I remember, and then I remember that my League of Legends Alt Account is "Hitler Apologist" and I just go "oh no"

my best friend is jewish

his only rule is no holocaust jokes

beyond that he laughs with me

and then that fucker makes mexican jokes and I kill him

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

Radical compared to us? I don't fucking know!

But I'm pretty sure most muslims really are pretty much just...people.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    basically my parents love me too much and I don't call them enough

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

Radical compared to us? I don't fucking know!

But I'm pretty sure most muslims really are pretty much just...people.

radicalislam3206981.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I haven't spoken to my father since his father's funeral. That was some time between grade 8-10 I think. My mom tells me that he loves me and my brother, but it has never really been evident to me. When I was five years old I caught him cheating on my mother while she was at work. Before I entered highschool he closed his restraunt and went chasing after the disgusting woman he was seeing because she had left him. I don't know where he is, I haven't know since then, except for the funeral, and I don't care to know. I never liked my father.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have no friends of any recogisable minority :I

FAQ on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my mom's a catholic

so, ostensibly, she should not be cool with gays

but her brother's gay, and she's okay with that

her opinion on gays is like "well, the Catholic Church says a lot of things. They also say that you shouldn't have sex outside of marriage or use condoms, but I'm not about to tell my teenage son that he shouldn't use a condom and should just practice abstinence. There's well-meaning, and then there's unrealistic. so, you know, it'd be good if people weren't gay and that gay people didn't feel like that, but there's nothing they can do about it so whatever."

basically she doesn't really accept gays

she tolerates them, because "people are flawed" and all that

she hates bisexuals though and will openly badmouth them

thanks a lot, mom.

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.