As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]s Too Precious to Risk in Combat

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is it like in Fable 1 where you can kill people then buy their house to rent it out?

Yep.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Preacher: you asked me about Fable 2. I like it. I feel like it's been way too easy to become godlike, though. Everybody loves me, no enemies are challenging anymore, I boot up the game after not playing for a day and I've got a quarter-million in rent income straight into my bank. I kind of wish there were a land of super-duper extra-scary badguys to go to just so I can do something with all these spells and abilities I've leveled up.

Yeah, Fable 2 was really fun for about 6-8 hours, and then it's just like "Well, now what?"

the story was neat, but the progression wasn't the greatest. You barely got to spend any time with the guys you spent basically the entire game finding.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is there a dragon to slay in Fable 2?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm so pissed today and I have no idea why.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    chu, I never understand your gun jokes/images.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

no, but there are these big trolls guy and, like, banshees

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jesus Fucking Christ this is going to take forever to goddamn convert!

This is such fucking bullshit.

Problem with religion, takes forever to convert people and win that way.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone else love the "I want to be a game developer, I have lots of great ideas" threads? Cause they make me giggle.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

dammit

I want to play a western RPG and slay a dragon

basically I either want to play 3e/PF or DA:O but I have no group for the former and I'm waiting for the complete release of the latter in a few months-ish

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Jesus Fucking Christ this is going to take forever to goddamn convert!

This is such fucking bullshit.

Problem with religion, takes forever to convert people and win that way.
    Spanish Inquisition had it down, man. "We're going to torture you until you convert." "Ok ok I convert!" "Now you're a heretic so we're going to kill you!"

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

The communicative way I guess

there aren't many women I enjoy talking to

Happens to us all fluffy, the opposite sex especially in a hunting ground like a club or basement are just not interested in long term conversations. They are more feeling you out to see if you dosed their drink.

why spend money on drugs when you can just club one upside the head and drag her off into an alley

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm so pissed today and I have no idea why.

That's not good! <3<3<3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    Does anyone else love the "I want to be a game developer, I have lots of great ideas" thread? Cause they make me giggle.

Nah that kind of thing is usually too sad to be funny. Like their idea of a game or story is so damn stupid and they are so proud of it, you just kind of feel sad. Your heart aches.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I kind of want to run a group Pathfinder game, but it doesn't look real internet friendly to me.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think mojo is running one, profm

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

dammit

basically I either want to play 3e/PF or DA:O but I have no group for the former and I'm waiting for the complete release of the latter in a few months-ish
    why don't you just pick up some ten year-old D&D game on the cheap

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

dammit

A game with the look of Fable 2 but a dragon fight with mechanics inspired by Shadow of the Colossus would be the awesomest thing.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone else love the "I want to be a game developer, I have lots of great ideas" thread? Cause they make me giggle.

Nah that kind of thing is usually too sad to be funny. Like their idea of a game or story is so damn stupid and they are so proud of it, you just kind of feel sad. Your heart aches.

What makes me sad are the people who have yet to realize that a good idea isn't enough.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fable 2 was incredibly bad. One of the worst current gen games I ever played.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I kind of want to run a group Pathfinder game, but it doesn't look real internet friendly to me.

If PF uses the same spacing as 3e does, it works fine if you do distances narratively.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

dammit

Icewind Dale looks pretty slick. I don't like AD&D at all, but I might pick it up.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

It's like someone who is 20 and still says they want to be an astronaut when they grow up.

Godspeed, little buddy

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

dammit

I wanna play M&M and beat up Fing Fang Foom.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

If PF uses the same spacing as 3e does, it works fine if you do distances narratively.

But resolving battle rules takes long enough in realspace...

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

dammit

if you mean the ie games, I've played all of those

the only one I haven't played would be nwn2, which I guess is an idea-ish

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fable 2 was incredibly bad. One of the worst current gen games I ever played.

Are your criticisms similar to the ones we voiced above (ie, too short, too easy, too little engagement with the friendly NPCs) or do you have other criticisms?

Feral on

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

It's like someone who is 20 and still says they want to be an astronaut when they grow up.

Godspeed, little buddy
    All they need is $20m and a plane ticket to Russia.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was disappointed when Fables promise of "Elder Scrolls with a decent fight system" turn into Gauntlet Legends with homo-sex.

I was super-disappointed when they release another game without correcting the problem.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I...guess? That's part of any game. I ran 3e over IRC for ages, worked alright.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Have you ever used Maptools?

Never used it for Pathfinder but it is indispensable for other games.

I actually prefer RPing with Maptools because I can macro all my dice-rolls.

Feral on

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Someone should link this thread about game ideas, I'm too lazy to dig it up

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Godspeed, little buddy

Yeah or someone who is like 24 but lives in kansas, I mean you feel bad that they think they live in a real place.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010

dammit

if you mean the ie games, I've played all of those

the only one I haven't played would be nwn2, which I guess is an idea-ish
    Go for it

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

What if they wanted to make a game about some sort of gang. That used daggers as their weapon of choice.

A gang of daggers as it were.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I...guess? That's part of any game. I ran 3e over IRC for ages, worked alright.

Well for my part I just learned to avoid mechanics where the interpretation required a certain amount of work, and subsequently just felt like I was wasting my time when grouped with people who had achieved "system mastery."

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

dammit

I wanna play M&M and beat up Fing Fang Foom.

Me too

Sunday cannot come too soon

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch, why are people arguing whether Democrats or Republicans are more science-loving in this talk now? I don't care.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

What if they wanted to make a game about some sort of gang. That used daggers as their weapon of choice.

BRILLIANT! I WISH TO BANKROLL THIS!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

That joke is so dumb I hope your penis burns later.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

boo narratively

This is my problem with PbP format -- I always want to do grid-based tactical stuff.

I want a slick front end for some kind of online / through-a-website Descent or somesuch.

desc on
This discussion has been closed.