As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]s Too Precious to Risk in Combat

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I wanna play M&M and beat up Fing Fang Foom.

Me too

Sunday cannot come too soon

Also, every location we fight in needs shipping containers.

And places to hide

Like behind mooks

I was looking over my character sheet and apparently the Power Feat: Precise allows me to shoot my blasts into combat without any risk of hitting you.

It is hard to hit me in general

As you saw last session though, anything that connects that would even worry you can potentially kill me instantly

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    What is a good menu to bring with for a picnic? (There will only be one other person at this particular picnic. :winky: )
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • "Fancy" bread (focaccia?)
    • "Fancy" cheese (and also fresh mozzarella)
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries
    • and maybe some mixed nuts but I'm thinking to nix that.

She said she'll bake something to bring along so I figure no 'dessert' item as that would be kind of a slap in the face. What should be added/changed?

Are the wheat thins for toppers? If so maybe consider some Kashi crackers. They're fancier!

That or just to nosh on. I mean, they're crackers and we'll have wine and cheese...

moniker on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Fable 2 was incredibly bad. One of the worst current gen games I ever played.

Are your criticisms similar to the ones we voiced above (ie, too short, too easy, too little engagement with the friendly NPCs) or do you have other criticisms?

The game was a mess in every way. Npc interactions were bizarre, absurd parodies of emotions and transactions. You could fart at a woman until she married you. The vaunted dog was essentially a hairy metal detector. Combat was ridiculously easy, with no effective or actual penalties for loss or defeat. Missions were boring and simplistic. The menu had enormous lag and was designed so poorly it seemed intentional.

Combat animations were kinda good. It was like a shitty batman AA. But it was an utter failure

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't know why that fruit fucker thread is there, but I want a t-shirt with that diagram on it.

Gim on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What is a good menu to bring with for a picnic? (There will only be one other person at this particular picnic. :winky: )
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

She said she'll bake something to bring along so I figure no 'dessert' item as that would be kind of a slap in the face. What should be added/changed?

I'd drop the nuts. Too salty with the meats and olives.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    chu, I never understand your gun jokes/images.

lotsa calber wars- sort of like car guys arguing turbocharged engines and 4l or 6l, and manual v tiptronic. when people have a favorite something in the gun community, oftentimes it's really they're favorite and they trash everything

it's saying:

9mm is too weak
    .45 is too heavy a bullet that doesn't penetrate/low capacity
    .40 is a shitty, snappy, stepchild caliber
    10mm is perfect and what a hitman would use, were god his target

so basically gun debates are like G&T threads, then

they are exactly like console wars, yeah- but they (like with the consoles) are way worse online

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    it sucks about M&M

i was pretty psyched but then months went by with people cancelling and then finally a day is decided on

and it's a day that not everyone can make and so i'm out

Aww

Can you make this weekend?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    moniker i would like to go on a picnic with you

James on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

Too...much...innuendo...must...resist...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No Nerd that cost actual money and I don't really want to spend money yet.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

I dunno if he's not getting his nuts out whats the point of a picnic?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Daaamn EM. You have really been getting your hate on about games lately.

I thought Fable II was pretty good. Never beat it myself but my wife loves the game so I've seen every bit of it several times over.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

Yeah, that's what I had figured. It's just...cashews are delicious. Why are they so delicious?

Any thoughts on something to add? I figure this should be fairly substantial enough for a lunch. And if we wind up being hungry a bit earlier rather than later...well, there are a few nice restaurants around town.

moniker on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

I dunno if he's not getting his nuts out whats the point of a picnic?

Watch out for ants.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Me too

And places to hide

Like behind mooks

I was looking over my character sheet and apparently the Power Feat: Precise allows me to shoot my blasts into combat without any risk of hitting you.

As you saw last session though, anything that connects that would even worry you can potentially kill me instantly

Yes, the two of you are pretty squishy. I'm pretty glad I took Interpose. I suspect much of my team role will be to be very visible and attention grabbing.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I should finish AC2 at some point. I like what I have played but haven't finished it. I need to return Alpha Protocol to my friend this week at least I beat it. Was fun.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, and rivs if you just want a D&D rpg where you slay your way through ever greater piles of foes then Good Old Games recently added Icewind Dale + both expansions.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    chu, I never understand your gun jokes/images.

lotsa calber wars- sort of like car guys arguing turbocharged engines and 4l or 6l, and manual v tiptronic. when people have a favorite something in the gun community, oftentimes it's really they're favorite and they trash everything

it's saying:

9mm is too weak
    .45 is too heavy a bullet that doesn't penetrate/low capacity
    .40 is a shitty, snappy, stepchild caliber
    10mm is perfect and what a hitman would use, were god his target

Gotcha. I am versed enough in other Dudes Arguing From Unbudging Points forums (mainly cars) to recognize when that is in play, but the specifics are lost on an outsider like me.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Watch out for ants.

Nature's little ribbed for her pleasure.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Me too

And places to hide

Like behind mooks

Yes, the two of you are pretty squishy. I'm pretty glad I took Interpose. I suspect much of my team role will be to be very visible and attention grabbing.

Oh no, Cass's character isn't very squishy at all, she has like a +6 toughness

I have +1

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

Yeah, that's what I had figured. It's just...cashews are delicious. Why are they so delicious?

Any thoughts on something to add? I figure this should be fairly substantial enough for a lunch. And if we wind up being hungry a bit earlier rather than later...well, there are a few nice restaurants around town.

I'm tempted to suggest some chocolate truffles. It's a dessert item but you can also just nosh on them too. Perhaps some mint flavored ones.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

I was also maybe thinking of banana pudding. Would that be a good idea? Creamy banana pudding squirting onto those berries?

Also, the fancy bread may or may not be coming from your bakery via that Pastoral in the loop. (I may just grab it at the Jewel before I come into class in the morning so I have everything.) Any suggestions?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I should finish AC2 at some point. I like what I have played but haven't finished it. I need to return Alpha Protocol to my friend this week at least I beat it. Was fun.

It's all right, but once again the developers spent more time jerking off to jade raymond then actually designing an ending that made sense.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Is there a dragon to slay in Fable 2?

no, but there are these big trolls guy and, like, banshees

dammit

I want to play a western RPG and slay a dragon

basically I either want to play 3e/PF or DA:O but I have no group for the former and I'm waiting for the complete release of the latter in a few months-ish
    why don't you just pick up some ten year-old D&D game on the cheap

if you mean the ie games, I've played all of those

the only one I haven't played would be nwn2, which I guess is an idea-ish

Have you played all the old SSI D&D games? Those are some good stuff and you are way too young to have cought them when they were new. Shouldn't be hard to find them if you poke around.

The two Dark Sun games in particular are very good (Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager). The classic Pool of Radiance series is neat (Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness). There are two Buck Rogers games based on the same engine.

The Savage Frontier games (Gateway to the Savage Frontier and Treasures of the Savage Frontier) have a slightly more advanced engine and more dialogue.

Oh and Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures lets you make your own games in that engine (like a 2d Neverwinter Nights).

also dungeon hack, menzoberranzan, the eye of the beholder series, possibly the two complementary novel series (the Alias trilogy being quite significant in the Realms in general)

oh, and the dragonlance ones

oh wait, this post was meant for me :P

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Me too

And places to hide

Like behind mooks

Oh no, Cass's character isn't very squishy at all, she has like a +6 toughness

I have +1

I didn't see her sheet. But I have +11 Toughness. 6 from Con, and 5 from protection. I actually had to take -1 to max defense for it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Didn't mention Dungeon Hack or the beholder series as they haven't held up as well. And there is a distinct lack of dragon slaying. And the dragonlance gold box games were pretty bad.

But yeah menzobarrenzan was good.

edit: And there's always Spelljammer but that got pretty repetetive after a while. And it has Neogi not dragons.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2010

It's all right, but once again the developers spent more time jerking off to jade raymond then actually designing an ending that made sense.

I am not super invested in AC2's story at all. I think that is why I don't sit and just play it all the way through in a few long sittings. I just enjoy running around the roof tops and being a spider monkey basically. Its fun. Stabbing people every once and a while is entertaining as well.

Alpha Protocol ending I got made plenty of sense for the choices I made. The combat was pretty decent. Glad I did it on a console since I lock picked everything and it was a pain with the fine control of my dual shocks. But in general with my assault rifle+stealth maxed the game was pretty easy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

I was also maybe thinking of banana pudding. Would that be a good idea? Creamy banana pudding squirting onto those berries?

Also, the fancy bread may or may not be coming from your bakery via that Pastoral in the loop. (I may just grab it at the Jewel before I come into class in the morning so I have everything.) Any suggestions?
    I'd say just a straight baguette honestly, very classic French lunch with wine, meat and cheese. If you wanted to be a little fancier, get one of the grain rings, if they sell them whole at Pastoral.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You could fart at a woman until she married you.

I fail to see the problem here.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I am not super invested in AC2's story at all. I think that is why I don't sit and just play it all the way through in a few long sittings. I just enjoy running around the roof tops and being a spider monkey basically. Its fun. Stabbing people every once and a while is entertaining as well.

Alpha Protocol ending I got made plenty of sense for the choices I made. The combat was pretty decent. Glad I did it on a console since I lock picked everything and it was a pain with the fine control of my dual shocks. But in general with my assault rifle+stealth maxed the game was pretty easy.

I liked AP's ending, felt very sword fishish with how I played.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm thinking:
    • Red Wine + cups
    • Salami/Prosciutto
    • Stuffed olives
    • Wheat Thins
    • Strawberries

I'd say just a straight baguette honestly, very classic French lunch with wine, meat and cheese. If you wanted to be a little fancier, get one of the grain rings, if they sell them whole at Pastoral.

I was thinking of going a bit more Mediterranean, but I suppose French could be okay as well. Hmm.

It's too bad they don't show their products online like Fox & Obel, but apparently they actually have picnic baskets you can order. Not that I'd want to spend ~$40 on it and it'd probably be too much stuff but now I have a comparison point I suppose.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Reading peoples complaints about AP is like me reading the Glee thread. I either don't get what they are talking about or its like they played a completely different game/watched a different show than I did.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Can you show me how to change the default font in my email?"
    Said aloud: "Sure." Thought: oh, no...
    "I want it to be this color." *picks blue*
    "How about something darker for contrast?" *change it to dark blue*
    "Oh, that just looks like black to me. I like blue."
    "Alright."
    "I'd like to use Comic Sans or Tahoma." You should have mentioned Papyrus for the Trifecta of badness.
    "How about Tahoma? It's easier to read."
    "Actually... do Comic Sans. Nobody ever uses Comic Sans." Nobody ever eats their own feces, either. Sometimes there are reasons for these things.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Reading peoples complaints about AP is like me reading the Glee thread. I either don't get what they are talking about or its like they played a completely different game/watched a different show than I did.

I guess because I took martial arts, stealth, and a gun skill, but I never really struggled and I was quiet death to my enemies.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Alright."
    "I'd like to use Comic Sans or Tahoma." You should have mentioned Papyrus for the Trifecta of badness.
    "Actually... do Comic Sans. Nobody ever uses Comic Sans." Nobody ever eats their own feces, either. Sometimes there are reasons for these things.

There should be some kind of tech support version of the hippocratic oath that prevents shit like that.

Like, what if someone is asking for help on installing Bonzai Buddy?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i should not have put that fancy cheese into the fridge

oh well

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    "Alright."

I watched our CEO rip a salesguy a new one for using comic sans. Told him how unprofessional it was. That moment gives me the warm fuzzies when I think about it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    White guy dancing in No Ordinary Family was pretty funny.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wonder if I could actually put

"Changed {user}'s mail account in Exchange to send in TXT rather than HTML format to prevent her from embarrassing herself with her own bad taste."

in my tech notes for the invoice for the day.

Feral on

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    joe-bidens-bulletin-board.jpg

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.