As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animation...from the Weeessssssssssssssssssssst

1535455565759»

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Heh, amazing how many people missed out on Avatar the first time around and are just now catching up with it, eh? I was one of the same.

If you haven't heard there's a new Avatar series coming out on Nick next year, with the same creative team. This one's set 60 years in the future with a new Avatar.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So much good crap doesn't have DVD releases, and so much else only has half releases. I just found the first two DVD sets for Darkwing Duck for cheap... but Disney never released any others. And having to buy FOUR individual volumes of Spec Spidey for season two, when the first season is in one tidy little bundle, drives me bonkers.

I saw Seasons 1 & 2 of both Chip 'n Dale:RR & Ducktales at my local Wal-Mart for $12.50 each this week. I might go back and scoop up all four this week.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So much good crap doesn't have DVD releases, and so much else only has half releases. I just found the first two DVD sets for Darkwing Duck for cheap... but Disney never released any others. And having to buy FOUR individual volumes of Spec Spidey for season two, when the first season is in one tidy little bundle, drives me bonkers.

I saw Seasons 1 & 2 of both Chip 'n Dale:RR & Ducktales at my local Wal-Mart for $12.50 each this week. I might go back and scoop up all four this week.

Be warned, if you do pick up Ducktales, you'll be whistling the catchy tune from the opening the next day.

emnmnme on
    edited October 2010
    I think you can find pretty much all of Disney's "classic style" TV series sets for cheap nowadays with minimal effort. So go nuts as long as you don't mind missing out on the final episodes.

...what I wouldn't give for the rest of the Gargoyles episodes.

cloudeagle on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

Be warned, if you do pick up Ducktales, you'll be whistling the catchy tune from the opening the next day.

Heck, I haven't picked up Ducktales and I'm still whistling it.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited October 2010
    :whistle: Life is like a hurricaaaaane... :whistle:

emnmnme on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

Heck, I haven't picked up Ducktales and I'm still whistling it.

Just the word Ducktales gets the song stuck in my head!

Who-Psyd on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    :whistle:Here in, Duckberg....:whistle:

goddammit.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    :whistle: Racecars, lasers, aeroplanes...:whistle:

Crap.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited October 2010
    :whistle:It's a... duck blur!:whistle:

Whatever a duck blur is.

cloudeagle on
    edited October 2010
    :whistle:Might solve a mystery...:whistle:

emnmnme on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    :whistle:Or rewrite history!:whistle:

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
    edited October 2010
    ducktails.jpg
    :whistle:Ducktales! Awooooooo!:whistle:

RMS Oceanic on
    edited October 2010
    Hope you liked How To Train Your Dragon, because we're about to get a shitload more of it.
    As it readies the upcoming sequel to its CG-animated hit How To Train Your Dragon, DreamWorks Animation has signed a deal with Cartoon Network for a How To Train Your Dragon weekly series, which will launch in both the U.S. and internationally in 2012. The original movie, an adventure-comedy about a young Viking and his unlikely friendship with a dragon was released in the spring and has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office. Its sequel is also targeted for 2012. DreamWorks has been actively exploiting its animated films for television. Madagascar's offshoot, The Penguins of Madagascar, runs on Nickelodeon, which also is developing a series based on the movie Kung Fu Panda. The company also has been producing a series of Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda TV specials for ABC and NBC.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/how-to-train-your-dragon-to-spawn-animated-series-on-cartoon-network/

cloudeagle on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The movie was excellent, but I honestly can't see a sequel or TV series capturing the same feel.

Jragghen on
    edited October 2010
    The Aladdin TV series was very enjoyable.

emnmnme on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I loved the Aladdin series! I thought it was a cut above the rest of the animated disney movie-based shows.

Their original series were great too!

Godfather on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    I loved the Aladdin series! I thought it was a cut above the rest of the animated disney movie-based shows.

That one episode where the kids turn into monsters still gives me the heebie jeebies.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    darunia106 wrote: »

That one episode where the kids turn into monsters still gives me the heebie jeebies.

Mozenrath was an amazing villain.

DanHibiki on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Mirage and her relationship with other uber supernaturals was pretty interesting as well. Phasir and Chaos <3

Incenjucar on
    edited October 2010
    Mozenrath was my favorite Aladdin villian. Dude had zombie henchmen and a skeleton hand!

Also, Abis Mal because he was voiced by Jason Alexander and I was a Seinfeld and Duckman fan at the time the series was aired.

Ninjabear on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited October 2010
    Guuuuuuuuuys.

You hafta follow the ruuuuuuules.

Or you get an F on your assiiiiiiiignments.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuys!

Seriously. I need to just not turn on the TV until it's time for Rex.

Aroduc on
    edited October 2010
    I thought SBT was pretty good tonight. The street racing scene was really well animated. I'm starting to like this series.

Ninjabear on
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Haha, nice. According to Lance's license, I pretty much live where the show is set.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    I thought SBT was pretty good tonight. The street racing scene was really well animated. I'm starting to like this series.

It will start to find direction as time goes on. Pretty much any series starts off a little awkward, whether it lives or dies depends on if it can get past that stage and SBT is heading in the right direction. At the very least, Lance is no longer Generic Anti-Hero #infinity

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited October 2010
    Jragghen wrote: »
    The movie was excellent, but I honestly can't see a sequel or TV series capturing the same feel.

I get the same feeling. Also, unless they're willing to pump a full budget into it, the animation and scenery will be nowhere near as good. You can tell by the difference between Madagascar and Penguins that a lot got cut from the animation budget.

I also suspect the Kung Fu Panda series will follow a similar path.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

After Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck, he's a character I'd really love to see in a future Kingdom Hearts game.

He'd make a great boss battle.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, Abis Mal because he was voiced by Jason Alexander and I was a Seinfeld and Duckman fan at the time the series was aired.

I just realized that his VA was George Costanza. I feel completely retarded for not putting two and two together.

Godfather on
    edited October 2010

I just realized that his VA was George Costanza. I feel completely retarded for not putting two and two together.

That dude got around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

emnmnme on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Costanza? You lost a LOT of hair!

oh well, there's also Duckman:

DanHibiki on
    edited October 2010
    ...dang, that's another DVD set I need to catch up with.

cloudeagle on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

After Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck, he's a character I'd really love to see in a future Kingdom Hearts game.

I can't think of this show without getting angry that Disney just didn't bother with releasing the last half of season 2. I mean the Goliath Chronicles can stay unreleased but god damn give us the end of the series proper.

Orochi_Rockman on
    edited October 2010
    Costanza? You lost a LOT of hair!

"I'm losin' it, Jerry! I'm losin' it!"

emnmnme on
    edited October 2010

I can't think of this show without getting angry that Disney just didn't bother with releasing the last half of season 2. I mean the Goliath Chronicles can stay unreleased but god damn give us the end of the series proper.

Near as I can tell, Disney hasn't released the full series of ANY of their TV shows. At least they're consistent.

cloudeagle on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Someone go ahead and start a new western animation thread with fewer s's in the title.

Also, make sure it has a lot of Justice League in it. Like, a lot.

Like, a lot.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.