As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2010
    buddylee wrote: »
    Acrobatics gives mag 2 hold protection and 48% hold resistance. If in doubt, load up Mids and examine the status window.

That said, I'm not sure mag 2 hold protection is worth squat by itself. And PCs do not have inherent mag protection outside of AT inherent abilities like Domination or powers like Integration.

Most holds you see in PvE are mag 2, so it'll give you a free one. I liked it before, but now that you can slot KB protection a mag 2 toggle for holds just isn't worth it.

A duck! on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Siphon life does more damage than smite and is a 10% heal unslotted.

Lep on
  • Options
    buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Duck.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A duck! wrote: »
    buddylee wrote: »
    Acrobatics gives mag 2 hold protection and 48% hold resistance. If in doubt, load up Mids and examine the status window.

That said, I'm not sure mag 2 hold protection is worth squat by itself. And PCs do not have inherent mag protection outside of AT inherent abilities like Domination or powers like Integration.

Most holds you see in PvE are mag 2, so it'll give you a free one. I liked it before, but now that you can slot KB protection a mag 2 toggle for holds just isn't worth it.

It is arguably worth it for a blaster, but on the other hand, blasters can also fire three or four powers off while mezzed anyways.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There isn't much else I want to take, honestly, so I'll probably give it a shot. The alternative is probably just to take grant invisibility to get up to five lotgs.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lep wrote: »
    Siphon life does more damage than smite and is a 10% heal unslotted.

It is pretty awesome. Do you think my current slotting is okay or have any recommendations?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    man, i19 sounds awesome.

I wonder what the alternate animations for sonic blast are going to be.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think the alternate animations for the blasts are just going to be sending them from different poses, not actual different blast effects.

Corvus on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    pretty sure the alternate blast animations are going to be the same for all the blast sets

it's just going to be different emanation points

head, hands, eyes, etc.

still, it'll add a huge amount of creativity options. for example, i'm actually interested in making a sonic dude now that i have options other than being a banshee rip-off

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    where else are sonic blasts going to come out of though

your hands?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

your hands?

yeah possibly

Pony on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pony I swear to god if you're thinking of having your Sonic Powersets come out of your ass...

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

your hands?

You could be wearing special power gauntlets that create soundwaves. Or you have mouths on the palms of your hands because of some magical ritual. Or your eyes are capable of unleashing shockwaves similar to sonic blasts. Or you're not really firing soundwaves but using it as a wind-esque blast set.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    Pony I swear to god if you're thinking of having your Sonic Powersets come out of your ass...

no that is for my rad/rad corr

Pony on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    sonic farts

i'm classy

also i am "taking a break"

as in "hey i reinstalled fallout 3 FUCK WHERE DID EIGHT HOURS AND HALF MY HARD DRIVE GO"

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want every attack my Rad/Rad Corruptor makes to come out of his goddamned eyes.

NUCLEAR BLASTS FROM HIS EYES.

Irradiate has the coolest animation, though. I'll keep Irradiate.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    basically the new power animations for the blast sets will lend a lot of creativity to re-interpretations of those powers, and that's pretty cool

if they have a "mouth" animation point (which I'm assuming they do, since they can just rejig all of Sonic's animations) then you could do a fire-breathing character who shoots all of his fire from his mouth

that sort of thing

Pony on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    basically the new power animations for the blast sets will lend a lot of creativity to re-interpretations of those powers, and that's pretty cool

if they have a "mouth" animation point (which I'm assuming they do, since they can just rejig all of Sonic's animations) then you could do a fire-breathing character who shoots all of his fire from his mouth

that sort of thing

Fire Sword is gonna be AWKWARD.

Narbus on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Narbus wrote: »
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    So I am a bit confused on how to make my level 50 Blaster a villain or rogue:
    do I continue to do Tip missions?
    I take that at some point I will be given a choice?
    What actually happens?

Spoiler if necessary.

Also, can I take my level 50 controller and get her access to red side epic power sets?
    If so, how?

It's a new thread the op is right above you it is all in there I typed so damn much goddamn people.

And I appreciate it.

My apologies...I have no excuse.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I hope I can use the bile spray animation for well, everything. Maybe I can spew tenebrous tentacles. :P

Corvus on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is flight faster than it was when CoH launched?

I remember even with all the slots filled with speed increasing upgrades it was never very fast.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I remember even with all the slots filled with speed increasing upgrades it was never very fast.

Yes, it has had I believe two speed boosts since then.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, it was just boosted again in I18. It is pretty awesome now. Also, Swift boosts flight speed I think, which it didn't at launch.

The GvE Jump Jet also is good for a boost and usually is all you need to speed up your flight between missions. I would not put any slots in flight now, I think it is fine with the base.

Corvus on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Corvus wrote: »
    Yeah, it was just boosted again in I18. It is pretty awesome now. Also, Swift boosts flight speed I think, which it didn't at launch.

The GvE Jump Jet also is good for a boost and usually is all you need to speed up your flight between missions. I would not put any slots in flight now, I think it is fine with the base.

Didn't Narbus say one IO in flight and one in swift caps it anyway?

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Oh god does anyone else remember launch when pre-stamina fly would drain end faster than you could recover it? So if you flew too long you would run out entirely and have to hover there for like 5 minutes just waitin' for that blue bar to reload? I actually kept blues in my tray for when I had to travel!

AND FLY WAS SLOWER THEN!

I hated Independence Port SO FUCKING MUCH. You have no idea! I just remembered this shit!

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I always just alt tabbed and started to read the forums when I had to fly anywhere in IP.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Corvus wrote: »
    I always just alt tabbed and started to read the forums when I had to fly anywhere in IP.

COULDN'T DO THAT! You'd run out of endurance and fall 500 feet and land in a spawn of tsoo and between falling damage and caltrops you'd die!

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I remember that. Black days indeed.

I'd cut fly and run across the tops of buildings to try and conserve end when crossing steel canyon.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I remember when there wasn't an exit button for missions. You had to run all the way back out.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    So you can't color robotics MM pets? I swear I saw someone running around with darker colored robots.

Morkath on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You guys are reminding me of an ancient truth:

Old CoX was terrible.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Remember when debt mattered?

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My favorite thing about debt nowadays is when I'm on a team where I'm literally out of debt before I hit the ground. I always laugh when that happens.

A duck! on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Granted, this may be because I don't think I've been on a team that wasn't all about crazy expees, but I can't remember a recent time where I ever had the debt in the first place.
    Even from dying all the time in Fiaryn's crazy attempts at Survive, One defeat makes it disappear.
    Contrast this with having to put a toon on semi-permanent hiatus for over a year+ because he had managed to reach the debt cap a few years ago and I'm shocked as to how much this game element has just become irrelevant.

Now if we could only do this for Endurance...

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Morkath wrote: »
    So you can't color robotics MM pets? I swear I saw someone running around with darker colored robots.

Might have been buffs or something on them. Can't customize MM pets.

Corvus on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    Granted, this may be because I don't think I've been on a team that wasn't all about crazy expees, but I can't remember a recent time where I ever had the debt in the first place.
    Even from dying all the time in Fiaryn's crazy attempts at Survive, One defeat makes it disappear.
    Contrast this with having to put a toon on semi-permanent hiatus for over a year+ because he had managed to reach the debt cap a few years ago and I'm shocked as to how much this game element has just become irrelevant.

Now if we could only do this for Endurance...

inherent stamina doesn't make endurance irrelevant?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It makes the early levels not suck ass, but it won't make endurance irrelevant. I've got plenty of characters with Stamina, lots of end reduction slotted, etc, who still need to manage endurance usage.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I could make a Stone/WP Brute with Stamina and still burn End like a disco record.

A duck! on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Do not go to a field analyst, with a blaster, and set it to -1/x3...you will die.

You will die and then you will log.

Actually, don't play your pimped out ill/rad (who is +2/x8) and THEN go to a field analyst, with your blaster, and set it to -1/x3....

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    my blaster mows down -1/x8s...

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.