As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] DLC On Sale Oct. 11th - 17th (Xbox Live Gold)

1565758596062»

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    eeSanG wrote: »
    Aliens speaking English is due to most races utilizing translators. In game references include when
    Thane first calls femshep Siha.

And

First contact was in 2157
    mass effect starts in 2183

less 26 years to make a translator that translates every alien language into english

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, I imagine all the aliens already had translators in the first place, so it's only a matter of programing the translations itself?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Aliens speaking English is due to most races utilizing translators. In game references include when
    Thane first calls femshep Siha.

And

Less than 26 years for alien species who have had spacefilght for the last thousand years to build a device capable of translating all Earth languages into Alien.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Whenever I fight Scions I leave the dead where they lay and go to work.

Yes, but having something else for Scions to target (other than you) makes the harder fights slightly less annoying. Plus, all it takes is a Harbinger-possessed Collector's "Warp" plus a Scion's shockwave to make many fights a headache. Especially when Harbinger finds a way to get his attack's blast radius to ignore your cover, which is bullshit.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »

Less than 26 years for alien species who have had spacefilght for the last thousand years to build a device capable of translating all Earth languages into Alien.

Said what I was going to. I think you were putting the cart before the horse, Dox.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Especially when Harbinger finds a way to get his attack's blast radius to ignore your cover, which is bullshit.

Harby has two hadoukens. The super slow moving one knocks you out of cover and is easily avoided just by moving back and forth behind cover.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Especially when Harbinger finds a way to get his attack's blast radius to ignore your cover, which is bullshit.

Harby has two hadoukens. The super slow moving one knocks you out of cover and is easily avoided just by moving back and forth behind cover.

Of course it's something easy that I over-looked

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Whenever I fight Scions I leave the dead where they lay and go to work.

Yes, but having something else for Scions to target (other than you) makes the harder fights slightly less annoying. Plus, all it takes is a Harbinger-possessed Collector's "Warp" plus a Scion's shockwave to make many fights a headache. Especially when Harbinger finds a way to get his attack's blast radius to ignore your cover, which is bullshit.

Yeah, this is a major failing of the AI. There are just some sections that I pretty much assume I'll be going through solo or with one squad mate down.

Squad mate AI did come a long way between ME1 and 2 in my opinion (I just loved one of my squadmates always running right in front of me every fight in ME1, or trying to shoot through me or a wall, box or other obstruction), I can only hope things make another step in the right direction for ME3.

Emporium on
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like it when Squadmates fall too far behind and then get caught by a closed door they have no clue how to open.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just checking, is the whole medi-gel thing like, a human specific thing, or is it mass marketed to the galaxy as a whole? Its human-made, I know that for sure...

Or is 'our' standing army that much better for having the tech to basically make us wolverine in a fight one of our other advantages?

Teyar on
    Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's mass marketed.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I like it when Squadmates fall too far behind and then get caught by a closed door they have no clue how to open.

I had that happen to me only once in ME 2. Thank God they built in an instant-spawn system for when they fall behind.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
This discussion has been closed.