As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Right-Click-Save-As Club

13»

• spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Free tunes that are good times:
    Bomb the Music Industry
    Defiance, OH

spazmojack on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    oh my god smart hero

hold me

chinnuggins.gif

Abracadaniel on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jesus Christ

How has no one listed Daytrotter yet?

"Daytrotter -- One band a day, every day, 28 Daytrotter Session songs each week"

Better description below
    These fine people – as they’re traveling through America’s heartland – take two hours out of their travels between shows to stop in for a Daytrotter Session at The Horseshack in downtown Rock Island, Ill. The name of the city is not ironic. They use borrowed instruments, play with their touring mates, utilize an often unkempt toilet, eat some food and then cram back into their vans for the last half of the drive. What they leave behind is a pile of ashes, sometimes a forgotten stocking hat and four absolutely collectible songs that often impart on whomever listens to them the true intensity that these musicians put into their art, sometimes with more clarity than they do when they have months to tinker with overdubs and experiments. These songs are them as they are on that particular day, on that particular tour – dirty and alive. We want you to make this your new home as it is ours. We promise that you will love it here.

They have fresh quality tracks from names like, Andrew W.K., Andrew Bird, Bonnie Prince Billy, Brother Ali, Cold War Kids, Doomtree, Enon, Erin Mckeown, Fleet Foxes, Fastball, Matisyahu, Peter and the Wolf, Presidents Of The Usa, Ra Ra Riot, The Rentals, Smoosh, Spoon, Tokyo Police Club, Vampire Weekend, William Elliot Whitmore, etc.

They have been producing fresh tracks for years, on a weekly basis, so they have huge archive.
    Get to it people.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Ahhh and the writer of the series is the dude who did Carnivale

ahhhhhh

oh my gosh

i

i have no words

except these

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh oh did we mention adult swim's music page

theyve always got at least a few wicked traxx up for free dee ehls

mensch-o-matic on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OH OH, you also really need to include HypeMachine if you haven't yet. Blog search engine for downloadable MP3s

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They have been producing fresh tracks for years, on a weekly basis, so they have huge archive.
    Get to it people.

owny

mensch-o-matic on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Machinae Supremacy - A bunch of stuff.

Edith Upwards on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Machinae do some good stuff.
    I feel bad for knowing them from their tracks in ITG 1 & 2.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Butler, you have Party Ben under the N's

(You're doing a heck of a job here)

Duly noted, and thank you :)

Updated to the end of page 3, I'll do page 4 when/if we hit page 5. Does that make sense? I hope so.

I'm happy with how the asterisking of new entries has worked out, it's quick for me to add and remove and easy to visually scan for.

Butler on
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Some how on the Childish Gambino's I AM JUST A RAPPER 2 he including question marks in the the file name, which makes it impossible for window's to unzip and parse it.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey! Koshian!

Koooooshian.

Tegan & Sara did a Daytrotter Session.

UnbrokenEva on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This goes HERE!

http://www.kidsandexplosions.com/

Kids and Explosions

really REALLY awesome mashups, kinda Girl Talk style, cept the lyrics of other songs are ripped apart and put back together. it's so damn good

the album is pay what you want, I think you can go as low at $0.01. couldn't get it to work for $0 with me.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • AceFantasticAceFantastic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Spinner is a pretty great website. Has free mp3's and live performances.

and Hesta Prynn is pretty cool too. She's got two songs for free on her website and has a Butthole Surfers cover floating around on a few websites (like last.fm).

AceFantastic on
    tegan.jpg
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man whoever writes those daytrotter summaries sure is 13 years old

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Xaphoon Jones is the DJ for one of my favourite hip hop acts in recent memory, Chiddy Bang.

Just a couple of weeks ago he released his first mix tape of remixes and mash ups and it's really first class stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exbhlip3sNk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR9ZFL1okUg

download the whole record here

#pipe on
  • dice00dice00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SONOI- the guy who was the live keyboardist for Nine Inch Nails did a solo project not to long ago. He put the first 4 tracks up for free at http://www.sonoio.org/.

Big Black Delta- Another electronic solo band. The guy was from Mellowdrone. He is putting up everything he does for free at http://bigblackdelta.com/.

dice00 on
    edited October 2010
    Fuck I thought this thread had died. Someone else knock us over to page 5 and I'll update the OP.

Butler on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well I'll lend a hand.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Actually I do have a free music link.

http://freemusicarchive.org/ has some tasty jams for the 5-finger discount.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited October 2010
    Updated for page 4, and I've added a new section called "Like This Thread Only Immeasurably Better" for things that fit into that self-explanatory category.
    Jonathon Coulton always has stuff up for free: http://www.jonathancoulton.com/store/downloads/

Ummm I can't see anything there that doesn't have a mandatory price attached to it, so I'm leaving it out for now.
    AMP'd wrote: »
    I don't know if this counts, or if it works outside of the United States, but NPR's First Listen has a bunch of great music available to stream before it actually gets released

Sorry dude, downloads only! Feel free to post this stuff in the thread of course, I'm just limiting what goes into the OP.

Butler on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Butler wrote: »
    Updated for page 4, and I've added a new section called "Like This Thread Only Immeasurably Better" for things that fit into that self-explanatory category.
    Jonathon Coulton always has stuff up for free: http://www.jonathancoulton.com/store/downloads/

Ummm I can't see anything there that doesn't have a mandatory price attached to it, so I'm leaving it out for now.

The ones with a smiley face by them are free.

JoeUser on
    edited October 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »

The ones with a smiley face by them are free.

Whoops, guess I can't read table headings. Added this.

Butler on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bruce Peninsula

Two MP3s for download plus streaming for the whole album. I highly recomomend steamroller.

Bedlam on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • pots+panspots+pans Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man thank you to whoever posted Das Racist this is incredible

pots+pans on
  • SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mkay thanks for this thread music gods, as I have sworn an oath to myself to buy all music that I wish to own in order to support the artist, this thread is great for my strained wallet

Saint on
    edited October 2010
    pots+pans wrote: »

das racist is great

you should get their first mixtape too, it's also free

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • pots+panspots+pans Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    pots+pans wrote: »

das racist is great

you should get their first mixtape too, it's also free

Just getting it now. Pretty great interview with them http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-06-17/music/a-chat-with-das-racist-the-geniuses-behind-combination-pizza-hut-and-taco-bell/

pots+pans on
    edited October 2010
    i saw them walking around once a long while back
    but that was when the only thing i had heard was pizza hut taco bell and i didn't realize till they walked by me or i woulda said something

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Vault Dweller: Generally post-apocalyptic themed doom/sludge metal, but with a lot of Fallout stuff

L|ama on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    thorgot wrote: »
    i can't find a download link now, but aoineko had a really cool album with a few penny arcade themed tracks which i listen to quite frequently

in fact, most of their website doesn't seem to be working, but they still have one track available for download

it's bubbly electronic music and i wish i could give them money for music but i can't find a way to do so

edit: you can listen to it by clicking on the "Press Start" video on their home page, but the download seems to be gone

Resurrecting this thread because I found download links while searching for the track list!

You can right-click and download all 16 tracks here.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A new Girl Talk album came out today. Their download page is kind of fucked at the moment though.

http://illegal-art.net/allday/

Clint Eastwood on