As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i think brock turns into a nerdy glasses wearing scientist
    he's like a reverse hulk

That's fucking hilarious

:^:

He really needs to get a cover up tattoo for that cock on his chest however.

It would be better as an actual cock. He could claim superbad-disease or irony or something. "Veiny!"

And when he's on top of guys, he could literally be fucking them with his veiny Viking dick chest.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »

BJ looked good in his post-GSP fights though, against Florian and Sanchez. He was coming in in good shape. He was on his way to cementing his legacy as the GOAT LW, for which his fights with GSP are as irrelevant as GSP getting smashed by Anderson Silva would be for GSP's WW legacy. BJ looked interested in those fights.

That BJ, the one who was licking blood off his gloves vs Stevenson, I'm still waiting for him to show up in 2010.

For the record, after BJ beat Joe Daddy he was so tired he could barely stand. He was leaning on Herb Dean when his hand was raised. Good for him to look intense, but I don't think he was in the best shape for that fight.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wish they kept BJ at lightweight instead of giving him meaningless welterweight fights. I'd enjoy watching him steamroll some mid tier lightweights.

Dangerbird on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    they should see if aldo feels like movin on up
    that would be exciting

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    they should see if aldo feels like movin on up
    that would be exciting

it was posted earlier that he wants to

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Jose Aldo vs Donald Cerone would be pretty sweet.

Dangerbird on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    he's like a reverse hulk

That's fucking hilarious

It would be better as an actual cock. He could claim superbad-disease or irony or something. "Veiny!"

And when he's on top of guys, he could literally be fucking them with his veiny Viking dick chest.

And hopefully he gets staph and it causes a huge hole at the tip that shoots out pus.

Snarfmaster on
    edited October 2010
    You jerk, you just made me laugh and spit my breakfast all over the keyboard.

Dangerbird on
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    he's like a reverse hulk

That's fucking hilarious

And hopefully he gets staph and it causes a huge hole at the tip that shoots out pus.

Wow, well done. Hilarious.

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    he's like a reverse hulk

That's fucking hilarious

You're crazy. That's impussible.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    [Tycho?] wrote: »

BJ looked good in his post-GSP fights though, against Florian and Sanchez. He was coming in in good shape. He was on his way to cementing his legacy as the GOAT LW, for which his fights with GSP are as irrelevant as GSP getting smashed by Anderson Silva would be for GSP's WW legacy. BJ looked interested in those fights.

That BJ, the one who was licking blood off his gloves vs Stevenson, I'm still waiting for him to show up in 2010.

For the record, after BJ beat Joe Daddy he was so tired he could barely stand. He was leaning on Herb Dean when his hand was raised. Good for him to look intense, but I don't think he was in the best shape for that fight.

BJ at least had some reason to be tired after the Stevenson fight, since he actually, you know, fought.

The BJ who showed up against Edgar didn't look tired physically (mentally/emotionally he looked washed up), because he didn't actually do anything. Walking around slowly for 25 minutes isn't going to tire anyone out, even Butterbean can do that. Especially considering Edgar isn't exactly Julio Caesar Chavez in terms of attacking the body.

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010
    Brendan Schaub still at it, thinks he should be top 5 if he beats Gonzaga.

What is with these guys who have no idea where they are on the ladder? Bisping thinks he's in line for a title shot for beating Akiyama, too. How is he even ahead of Leben, who finished Akiyama?

Still, at least Bisping has the fact that he can sell tickets in the UK going for him. Schaub has.... ?

BubbaT on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010

What is with these guys who have no idea where they are on the ladder? Bisping thinks he's in line for a title shot for beating Akiyama, too. How is he even ahead of Leben, who finished Akiyama?

Still, at least Bisping has the fact that he can sell tickets in the UK going for him. Schaub has.... ?

Maybe he's talking about the other schaub, that led the league in passing last year.

Dynagrip on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hope Gonzaga wins. If he does not, he'll be really close to getting cut :(

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited October 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Maybe he's talking about the other schaub, that led the league in passing last year.

That still wouldn't make him top 5, Gonzaga doesn't even have a football team. Maybe if he beat them in basketball.

BubbaT on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    EA MMA launches today, folks!

Check out this frikkin' commercial if you missed it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRUzGzMLvk

Bonus vids of the Career Mode:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    EA MMA launches today, folks!

Check out this frikkin' commercial if you missed it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRUzGzMLvk

Bonus vids of the Career Mode:

Gotta love video game commercials that have about 4 seconds of actual game footage in them.

Metal Jared on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's the sweet commercial I was talking about during UFC 120.

It's so great that I don't even care that it's for an Undisputed knockoff.

adytum on
    edited October 2010
    adytum wrote: »

I know, right? Just like how Warcraft was a Dune II knockoff, how Guitar Hero was a Guitar Freaks knockoff, and Soul Blade was a knockoff of Battle Arena Toshinden, it's amazing how the knockoffs are so much better than their predecessor.

edited October 2010
    So EAMMA : Undisputed as Warcraft : Dune II? Dumbed down for the masses that can't handle superior, multifaceted strategy?

adytum on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Those create a player parts look really smooth, I liked the different training regimens, and how there wasn't a part where the ai was actively attempting to fuck you over from getting your training done.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2010
    So EAMMA : Undisputed as Warcraft : Dune II? Dumbed down for the masses that can't handle superior, multifaceted strategy?
    Well you're right. Comparing that terrible THQ UFC game to Dune II is doing Dune II a disservice. Undisputed is more like Stalin vs Martians or Stormrise or some other terrible RTS.

I agree with Preacher. The training parts here look slick as heck, and the AI constantly botching up your training was absolutely horrid in Undisputed.

edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Well you're right. Comparing that terrible THQ UFC game to Dune II is doing Dune II a disservice. Undisputed is more like Stalin vs Martians or Stormrise or some other terrible RTS.

I agree with Preacher. The training parts here look slick as heck, and the AI constantly botching up your training was absolutely horrid in Undisputed.

Well I understand it was trying to train you to use the moves in an ingame context, but when I'm trying to work my striking and the fucking AI ties me up on the ground and I can't get my strikes in and earn no points its like "Well thanks thanks for fucking me over!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Sorry B:L, EA MMA is a pile of shit. Undisputed still wins.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2010

LOL, how can a sports game be a knockoff? Besides,

Ultimate_Fighting_Championship_PS_cover.jpg

BubbaT on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ya know what the most impressive part of Undisputed is? The announcing. Seriously, its the best play by play announcing in any sports videogame, it just sounds so fluid and real.

The EA announcing sounds like ass compared to it, theres tons of dead air and then when they go to talk the names all are completely forced in with robot cut and paste and then they cut themselves off to say the "next move"

How can anyone watch those videos and think that game looks better then undisputed is beyond me. But, hopefully it is, since thatd be another kickass MMA game.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited October 2010

LOL, how can a sports game be a knockoff? Besides,

Ultimate_Fighting_Championship_PS_cover.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20080411095637316.jpg

adytum on
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That is a cool trailer. They open with Judo!? Awesome. Obviously they're focusing on the more exotic arts, showing Judo, BJJ and Muay Thai and not American wrestling, nor boxing or kickboxing.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
    edited October 2010
    So word is Omigawa wants to move over to the WEC to fight Aldo, even though it means a substantial pay cut from what he makes in Dream. Sounds good to me. Even though I don't think he deserved either of his decision wins over Hioki and Sandro (my pick for #2 FW), he does still officially have those wins on his record. And he was at least competitive in both fights.

Plus Sandro and Aldo will probably never fight unless one of them has a falling out with Nova.

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010
    Also, on the heels of Bones saying he wouldn't fight Rashad even if Rashad wins the LHW belt, as well as previous nonsense like the AKA stuff and Silva-Machida, Dana White is talking about a new standard clause in UFC contracts that wouldn't allow fighters to dodge their buddies/teammates.

Frankly, I'm surprised no one has used the friend/teammate excuse strategically yet. For instance, Edgar has to realize Maynard is a bad matchup for him. So Frankie should just go "I like and respect Gray too much to fight him again. Instead, (some lesser fighter) should get the title shot, because I don't like him."

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010
    If you watched UFC 120 on Saturday, you may have noticed a brief shot of Robert Downey Jr. sitting alongside his Sherlock Holmes 2 director Guy Ritchie and co-star Jude Law.

For those of you who don't know, RDJ is an avid martial artist who attributes his 180-degree life turnaround from drug addict to box office juggernaut to his study of the Chinese art of Win Chun, which he began training in a few years ago, so it's no surprise that he's a UFC fan.

What is surprising is that he's apparently a huge Carlos Condit fan...either that or he was rubbing it in his British mates faces that their homeboy, Dan Hardy got KTFO. I'm thinking a few pounds might have been on the line.

As Hardy hits the canvas, Downey Jr. jumps up out of his seat like he's one of Carlos' celebrating cornermen.

20101017-RDJReacts%20copy.jpg

The piece de resistance is when he casually looks over at his English pals to see what their reaction is.

20101017-RDJ-Looks-On%20copy.jpg

:lol:

adytum on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh god, Robert Downey Junior is a chunner.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
    edited October 2010
    Wow now I like RDJ even more, that's an amazing set of pictures.

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010
    I like that he's the kind of guy to get excited at a damn fight, nothing worse then when you see someone front row looking like someone just farted the whole time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I like that he's the kind of guy to get excited at a damn fight, nothing worse then when you see someone front row looking like someone just farted the whole time.

To be fair to the rest of the crowd, their guy just got KO'd. Can't really expect them to be cheering about it.

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010

To be fair to the rest of the crowd, their guy just got KO'd. Can't really expect them to be cheering about it.

Also, they're all English.

adytum on
    edited October 2010

The whole crowd thing makes it hard for me to like Dream. I mean I LIKE Dream but it's so weird the crowd seems SOOOO quiet all the time. I know it's a cultural difference but the crowd really brings something to the fights (for me at least) oh and they also don't have Joe Rogan, having Joe Rogan doing commentary makes every fight better.

Metal Jared on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    20101017-Sherlock-Holmes-Crew1.png

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010

Well I didn't mean this fight, I mean in general. Like you'll see people on tv during sporting events who seem really angry to be there. So that he's out there reacting and having a good time, big ups.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2010
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Oh god, Robert Downey Junior is a chunner.
    Oh god, Peter Ebel is a sherdogger.

I'm sure RDJ and Jude Law also trains in Bartitsu.