As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 - Military

largo233largo233 Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in PAX Archive
Just a quick thread to find out if I'm alone in this.

Who else going to PAX East is military?

We may understand technology, medicine, the world, and the universe, but if we don't understand ourselves, we are destined to fail.

My personal quote.
largo233 on

• Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i'll be there.

MxWood on
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my friend is probably coming up from Fort Bragg, he already bought his ticket, but not sure if he can go yet.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There are a few active forumers who are vets as well.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    ExedarExedar Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    I will be there with my buddy who's also military.

Perhaps a coin check?
    -Rob

Exedar on
  • Options
    NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Not any more. But I'll be there.

NeuralLink on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm a Navy Brat. That's about as close as I can get.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's good to see that I'm not the only military person going to this, though I don't act military when I can get away with it (National Guard for college). This is a great reprieve - I'm an OEF veteran myself.

largo233 on
    We may understand technology, medicine, the world, and the universe, but if we don't understand ourselves, we are destined to fail.

My personal quote.
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yeah i'm NG too, enjoying my time over here in beautiful Afghanistan counting the last few weeks down till I head back to beautiful Boston.

MxWood on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MxWood wrote: »
    yeah i'm NG too, enjoying my time over here in beautiful Afghanistan counting the last few weeks down till I head back to beautiful Boston.

Lovely Afghanistan indeed, lol. I am also counting down the days to go back home myself. It's close.

largo233 on

My personal quote.
  • Options
    StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My husband and I are going, he's in the Army. It's our goal to hit PAX East every year that it's possible!

Stephidabefida on
    bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    Medic007Medic007 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Myself and 13 members from my team are going. We are a mixture of Military, Police, Fire/Rescue personnel. We'll be the huge group of guys at the front of the line.

You can check us out at www.TheFirstresponders.com if you like. Whether you go to that link or not we are always down to link up with other people with similiar backgrounds at PAX East.

And no one acts the same at PAX as we do at our jobs, its funny as hell watching grown men that can be a tough guy wearing gaming shirts and talking about Warhammer and Magic The Gathering, lol.

Medic007 on
  • Options
    LanderolinLanderolin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MxWood wrote: »

Funny old thing, I'm exactly the same!

I'm UK military though as opposed to US... I still have a special coin for random checks though - when in Rome and all that!

Landerolin on
    Pokecrawl 2011 - Team Squirtle!
    Tweet me @Landerolin
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Medic007 wrote: »
    Myself and 13 members from my team are going. We are a mixture of Military, Police, Fire/Rescue personnel. We'll be the huge group of guys at the front of the line.

You can check us out at www.TheFirstresponders.com if you like. Whether you go to that link or not we are always down to link up with other people with similiar backgrounds at PAX East.

And no one acts the same at PAX as we do at our jobs, its funny as hell watching grown men that can be a tough guy wearing gaming shirts and talking about Warhammer and Magic The Gathering, lol.

We have a guy in our unit who loves - and I say that mildly - MTG. I do play it myself, though I'm not very good, but unlike him, I don't usually broadcast the fact.

I also (very poorly) play Warhammer 40000. So yea...probably won't be bringing those with me.

In other news: not much longer until I'm home from Afghanistan. I'll post when I'm back.

largo233 on

My personal quote.
  • Options
    WarabitWarabit Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll be there, if i can make it. This will probably be the only pax east i will be able to goto for several years due to yearly deployments and the way deployment and redeployment dates shift every year. But I might be able to make pax(west?) during those year i cant make pax east

Warabit on
  • Options
    jma00a1jma00a1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm Active Army NG, Ill be there all three days.

jma00a1 on
    "You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young." "Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."