As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a Pokemon D20 game

samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been reading for the last few day about a Pokemon D20 game (like Dungeons and Dragons) but I've haven't found one complete handbook online or any good info. Has anyone seen or played this game or is it just some some geek's dream that isn't real?

samurai6966 on

• Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've been reading for the last few day about a Pokemon D20 game (like Dungeons and Dragons) but I've haven't found one complete handbook online or any good info. Has anyone seen or played this game or is it just some some geek's dream that isn't real?

It exists.
    http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_3188.html

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You are awesome!

Edit: But I'm not so sure this is what I was looking for. It's been called a D20 game (I've read that it exist in Japan), and allows trainers to control Pokemon. This seems... Munchkin-ish.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Japanese-specific roleplay systems really don't have a lot of presence here in the West (aside from Maid, I think).
    There are quite a few unlicensed "pet monsters" systems, but that's the only official one I know of, Wizards having the licence and all.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've found stuff like this and this thread taking about people making a system but there is no handbook/completed game I can find with my Google Fu. But my Google Fu is weak nowadays.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Your attack was...*shake shake shake THROW!*...super effective!

Rent on
  • Options
    darthvaderjrdarthvaderjr Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Here is a fairly simple Pokemon d20 system. I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for.

http://pokemond20.wikidot.com/

darthvaderjr on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PTA is the system which is used for several games over in Critical Failures.

To quote one of the OPs which explains the rules
    notsoy wrote: »
    Pokeymans? In my CF?
    It’s more likely than you think. This is a play-by-post game where the PCs (four to five in number) will play as a group of aspiring Pokémon trainers. Their specialties can vary wildly, and may include savvy Researchers, eerie Psychics, Ace Trainers, and several other types of trainers. The game will use the Pokémon Tabletop Adventures system.

wat
    Pokémon Tabletop Adventures is a homebrew RPG system based on the Pokémon universe. The system itself is the work of a Dr. Mr. Stark and a variety of playtesters/contributors, currently in the late Alpha phase. A Beta is scheduled to be “released” summer 2010 (aka any day now).

So how can I get in on this?
    If you can post at least once a day, you’re eligible to put together a character and submit it for consideration.

Here is an assembly of much of the documentation concerning the system, including rules, Pokémon species, moves, and other relevant details. It, along with many other things, has been shamelessly ripped from Marshmallow’s PTA thread – kudos to him/her. “Main Rules”, “Meet the Classes”, and “Main Features List” are the most important things to peruse, as they will guide you in constructing a character.

Main Rules
    Meet the Classes
    Main Features List
    Extra Class/Advanced Features List
    Items List
    Pokemon Abilities List
    Pokemon Capabilities List
    Pokemon Moves List

The system was a bit basic for my tastes, so I spent a few days trying to hammer it out into something that could support a fuller game. It was a headache though.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule