As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is it okay to eat candy off the floor

• HoovesHooves Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My wife is a fussy eater, every time we go out to eat she has to know exactly how much butter is used, whether the cow her steak is made from was a Brangus or a Hereford, do they have Coke Zero instead of Diet Coke because if not she'll just get a water, lemon, no ice, are the vegetables organic? How many calories are in this burger OH MY GOD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ORDER SOMETHING OFF THE ASS-RAMMING GODS-NUTSACK-LICKING MENU OR I'M GOING TO SHOVE A SPIKE UP MY ASS AND WHISTLE THE THEME FROM ANDY GRIFFITH

She really doesn't have as many dietary concerns as she seems to think; she doesn't have any food allergies and she works out like 20 hours a week (probably exaggerating, but she does spend a shitload of time at the gym).

I'm probably a bad person for feeling embarrassed when she grills our server on the sodium content of the rice pilaf.

your wife is the worst kind of person

Hooves on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Using a knife and fork to eat peas is what weirdos do

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Using a knife and fork to eat peas is what weirdos do

That clip from the Powerpuff girls is hilarious. Where the Proffessor and the girls are at the neighbors who turned crazy.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    You will recieve a million dollars, but somewhere, someone you don't know will die.

I would have pushed the button before he even finished the sentence.

The only question I would have would be if I hit the button multiple times, will I get 1 million each time or just kill random people for the fun of it.

Hunter on
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    okay, so i became vegetarian about 8 years ago, but i grew up liking my steaks medium-rare (bloody and warm!), and i've worked in restaurants long enough to develop a certain... well, personal level of contempt for eating peculiarities. actual allergies and preference are one thing, entitlement and a lack of curiosity/adaptability is another.

nowadays, i generally keep to a vegetarian diet, but i'm also a pragmatist, and sometimes.. well, sometimes the imp of the perverse takes me. we have Sunday dinner with my bf's family nearly every week, and last Sunday the entree was steaks (or veggie burger.) his sister and her fiance got some medium-rare that dipped a little too close to uncooked for them. rather than let perfectly good meat go to waste, i ate some slightly-warmed beef the other day, with my most nonchalant face. HAH give me shit about my dietary choices... you don't know me! it tasted alright, though maybe a bit heavy on the rub. at least they like their steaks cooked and not charcoaled. YES I AM A STEAK SNOB deal w/it

i sometimes feel obligated to throw down for the more principled and consistent vegetarians. i.. i know this doesn't speak well of my mental stability.

(fake edit) also, yes, Waiting is utterly true in a lot of ways. "Kitchen Confidential" also made me giggle a lot.
    (real edit) for dumb typo.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd ask him if it would be fine if it could be somebody I do know

joshofalltrades on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not sure what to think about the not using a knife until the age of 10 thing. I always saw it as a learned lesson if you cut yourself.

Shit, when I was 5 I sliced my lip open trying to open a box of teddy-grahams (I was a toddler couldn't open the plastic bag on my own. Knife pointed up to cut through). Thing went all the way through. Got some stitches and got on with my life.

I plan on doing the same with my future children.

MereHappenstance on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No steak should be cooked past medium unless it is actually one of those "steaks" that is made from ground beef

Seriously, if any part of the steak (inside or out) is burned you just ruined a perfectly good slab of meat motherfucker

joshofalltrades on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    My wife is a fussy eater, every time we go out to eat she has to know exactly how much butter is used, whether the cow her steak is made from was a Brangus or a Hereford, do they have Coke Zero instead of Diet Coke because if not she'll just get a water, lemon, no ice, are the vegetables organic? How many calories are in this burger OH MY GOD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ORDER SOMETHING OFF THE ASS-RAMMING GODS-NUTSACK-LICKING MENU OR I'M GOING TO SHOVE A SPIKE UP MY ASS AND WHISTLE THE THEME FROM ANDY GRIFFITH

She really doesn't have as many dietary concerns as she seems to think; she doesn't have any food allergies and she works out like 20 hours a week (probably exaggerating, but she does spend a shitload of time at the gym).

I'm probably a bad person for feeling embarrassed when she grills our server on the sodium content of the rice pilaf.

she spends 3 hours at the gym and 17 hours getting railed

sorry

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2010
    No steak should be cooked past medium unless it is actually one of those "steaks" that is made from ground beef

Seriously, if any part of the steak (inside or out) is burned you just ruined a perfectly good slab of meat motherfucker

For some reason, I just don't like the texture of steaks that are medium-rare. I generally eat mine medium-well for that reason.

Some people I know think it's a sign of manliness to eat a steak covered in blood. I figure man created fire for a reason, might as well use it.

MereHappenstance on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    also when she's with those other men (plural) she totally eats junk food nonchalantly

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2010
    Keith wrote: »

sorry

Well, that's okay, but she should learn to order food in less than an hour if she wants this marriage to last

joshofalltrades on
    edited October 2010

sorry

Hey now, all that sex she's having with other men also burns calories, so some of those 17 hours of her getting hot meat injections kind of count as exercise.

Hunter on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not sure what to think about the not using a knife until the age of 10 thing. I always saw it as a learned lesson if you cut yourself.

Shit, when I was 5 I sliced my lip open trying to open a bock of teddy-grahams (I was a toddler couldn't open the plastic bag on my own. Knife pointed up to cut through). Thing went all the way through. Got some stitches and got on with my life.

I plan on doing the same with my future children.

My concern is that if they don't learn to use a knife until the age of 10 they may find it tricky.

Liiya on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For some reason, I just don't like the texture of steaks that are medium-rare. I generally eat mine medium-well for that reason.

Some people I know think it's a sign of manliness to eat a steak covered in blood. I figure man created fire for a reason, might as well use it.

It's not a sign of manliness, it's a matter of TASTE.

Overcooked steak does not TASTE GOOD.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    edited October 2010

Fire existed well before man.

Fire is not like the automobile. Fire existed in nature, while cars are not naturally occurring.

Hunter on
    edited October 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

sorry

Hey now, all that sex she's having with other men also burns calories, so some of those 17 hours of her getting hot meat injections kind of count as exercise.

Honestly she could strap on a dildo and buttfuck the pope for all I care

So long as she points to something on the menu and says, "I want that"

joshofalltrades on
    edited October 2010

sorry

she did

she pointed to the "thick italian sausage"

i think on the menu it's called "Antonio"

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2010

sorry

Can I have your wife's number?

Hunter on
    edited October 2010
    Can I have your wife's number?

Don't be coy, we both know you already have it

joshofalltrades on
    edited October 2010

Fire existed well before man.

Fire is not like the automobile. Fire existed in nature, while cars are not naturally occurring.

I was more referring to man being able to create fire without waiting for it to naturally occur, though yes I agree that mankind did not invent fire.

MereHappenstance on
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I don't eat a steak medium because I like to pound on my chest and throw spears at wild animals

It tastes better

joshofalltrades on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    why are our playgrounds PLASTIC instead of METAL now???

mensch-o-matic on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    what i like to do is take a shit on any food i am about to eat

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited October 2010
    Why bother with the food

Just recycle the poop over and over again

Its the only thing you can trust

mensch-o-matic on
    edited October 2010
    why are our playgrounds PLASTIC instead of METAL now???

metal1.gif
    metal2.gif
    metal3.gif
    metal4.gif

joshofalltrades on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Soon your body will adapt and become the perfect machine.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited October 2010
    Why bother with the food

you're an ideas woman, mensch

i like that

how about this

i'll poop on the next meal you eat free of charge

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Here's a handy flow chart:

(spoilered for big):
    6a00d8341c630a53ef01287q.jpg

JoeUser on
    edited October 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    Why bother with the food

i like that

how about this

I already have an IV of fresh poop

Won it in the lottery

Thanks though, maybe you can just poop on Faynor's screen, save him the trouble of posting

mensch-o-matic on
    edited October 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    Why bother with the food

i like that

how about this

I already have an IV of fresh poop

Won it in the lottery

Thanks though, maybe you can just poop on Faynor's screen, save him the trouble of posting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9W6YPih0SA&feature=related

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    D-damn

Grey Ghost on
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ohsnap.jpg

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    reasons why health inspector job is one of those things where sometimes its better not knowing

my friend sends out e-mail for birthday dinner somewhere

health inspector friend replies
    Umm. Just checked and Posto failed their last inspection. Yeah. Probably should avoid them

and later
    Lots of critical violations, food out of temperature. They got a C which is FAIL. You can eat there but I'm not.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited October 2010
    Damn he must be such a killjoy.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    i mean he just started a month or so ago, but yeah, it is kind of like... ignorance is bliss, i don't need to know that stuff unless i get sick

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    In the few restaurants I've worked in we have never thrown shit back onto the grill if it fell on the floor. My boss at my old job was pretty adamant about food safety and all that so I never really tested my luck.

At my new job though I did throw something I dropped on the floor into the deep frier to cleanse it.

But yeah nothing like in Waiting. That's an extreme. I hope not all restaurants are like that.

GreasyKidsStuff on
    edited October 2010
    my friend said the cleanest places are always like mcdonalds and crap
    they get A's usually
    mostly because things barely need handling, its like, take the frozen product out of its package, put it on thing, to cook, give it to customer

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We need more wood in our playgrounds.

Also I worked at the dining halls on campus and we were pretty good with food safety. I mean the food was crap but everything was always pretty clean and we took temperatures regularly. One of the full-timers would pick food off the floor and re-use it though. If I saw her I'd yell at her and tell her to just throw it away. At that place I never hesitated to throw food out if it was questionable. I didn't have to pay for it and I wasn't gonna serve gross food. (I mean ... dirty food. the food was shitty so it was usually gross anyway)

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus