As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND: Old thread.

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology

This Week's DLC
ALL OFFICIAL DLC FOLLOWING ROCK BAND 3'S RELEASE WILL ONLY WORK FOR ROCK BAND 3.

Imagine by John Lennon
  • "Crippled Inside"
  • "Jealous Guy"
  • "It's So Hard"
  • "I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier Mama"
  • "Gimme Some Truth"
  • "Oh My Love"
  • How Do You Sleep?"*
  • "How?"
  • "Oh Yoko!"

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks for $1.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and $2.00 on Wii, as well as “Imagine (Album)” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii for $14.99. Tracks marked with * will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Next Week's DLC

Lynryd Skynyrd 01
  • "Saturday Night Special"*
  • "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)"*
  • "Tuesday's Gone"
  • "What's Your Name?"*

Single Tracks
38 Special - "Hold On Loosely"*
Bad Company - "Can't Get Enough"*

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks for $1.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $2.00 on Wii, as well as “Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii for $6.99. Tracks marked with “*” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Future DLC

Billy Joel 01 on Dec 14, 2010
  • "Big Shot"
  • "Captain Jack"
  • "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"
  • "Movin' Out"
  • "Only the Good Die Young"
  • "Piano Man"
  • "Pressure"
  • "Say Goodbye to Hollywood"
  • "The Entertainer"
  • "The Stranger"

Confirmed by artist/band and developers/MTV:
  • More content from the Doors
  • Bon Jovi Greatest Hits
  • More Billy Joel DLC

ROCK BAND 2 EXPORT
It is a 1.93 GB Rock Band 2 export for the $9.99 export fee, we get all the songs minus these:

AC/DC – Let There Be Rock
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Journey – Any Way You Want It
Metallica – Battery
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Give It Away
Soundgarden – Spoonman

Also missing these nine Harmonix band songs but we'll get those back at a later date (possibly with Pro charts):
Abnormality – Visions
Anarchy Club – Get Clean
Bang Camaro – Night Lies
Breaking Wheel – Shoulder to the Plow
Libyans – Welcome to the Neighborhood
The Main Drag – A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
Speck – Conventional Lover
The Sterns – Supreme Girl
That Handsome Devil – Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Additionally, the following songs are missing/unplayable in Rock Band 3 currently:

Rock Band 1
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California (Unable to license export)
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (Unable to license export)

Rock Band DLC
Oasis - Rock and Roll Star (Unable to license EU RB2 export & NA DLC)
Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex (Unable to license EU RB2 export & NA DLC)
Anvil - 666 (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
Anvil - Metal on Metal (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
Anvil - This is Thirteen (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
Dinosaur Jr. - Pick Me Up (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
Dinosaur Jr. - The Wagon (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
The Guess Who - Hand Me Down World (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
The Guess Who - No Time (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks (Audio issue in Xbox 360 version and unpatched PS3 - HMX working on fix)
Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife (Track pack issue listing the song year as 1907 - HMX working on fix)

Xbox 360 RB2 Export
The export is now live, and is accessible by entering the 16 character code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual in the “Redeem Code” area of the “Get More Songs” section of Rock Band 3. (If you receive an error, try the process again later, as there are LOTS of people trying to get this to work at the same time.) You will need to make sure you are signed in and connected to Xbox Live. If you have a 25 digit code, you probably have a copy from outside of your geographical location and will have to wait until the export mechanism goes live in your country.

PS3 Export
  1. Visit rockband.com/ps3-export
  2. When prompted, enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual
  3. Copy down the new code that the website gives you
  4. In Rock Band 3, go to “Get More Songs” in the Main Menu
  5. Select “Redeem Code”
  6. Enter the code you received from the website

Wii Export
Similar to the PS3, the export process will go live once the Nintendo Store has been updated (and is something that Harmonix cannot control).
  1. If you’ve played Rock Band 2 on your Wii, Rock Band 3 will automatically detect your Rock Band 2 Save Data.
  2. Go to “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu in Rock Band 3.
  3. Go to “Redeem Code”
  4. Select “Previously Redeemed Code”
  5. Select “Rock Band 2 Export Pack” (you’ll be prompted to pay 1,000 Wii Points)
  6. Your export will take several minutes to complete. You can also select which specific tracks you’d like to export.

Export notes taken from www.rockbandaide.com

FREE STUFF
The following songs are available for free download via the Rock Band Music Store for the PS3, 360, and the Wii (those not on the Wii are noted):
  • "Still Alive" by GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton
  • "Promised Land" by Vesuvius *not on the Wii*
  • "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts *not on the Wii*
  • "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
  • "Dreaming of Love" by Lights Resolve
  • "Am I Crazy" by Little Fish

If you purchased Rock Band 2 brand spanking new, you are entitled to an additional 20 free tracks, mostly from Indie bands. Check the back of the manual for instructions. The code is a one time use. The pack includes:
"Ashes to Fire" by Ghost Hounds
"Bounce" by the Cab
"Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
"Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
"Database Corrupted" by Dealership
"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
"Get It On" by the Chevelles
"Give It to Me" by the Cocktail Slippers
"I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
"I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
"I.V." by X Japan
"If I Ain't Got You" by the Len Price 3
"Like a Fool" by Shaimus
"Magnetic Baby" by Semi Precious Weapons
"No Regrets" by Authority Zero
"Prequel to the Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
"Sons and Daughters" by the 88
"The Feeling" by Kutless
"The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
"Young" by Hollywood Undead

HARMONIX PODCAST
The podcast is linked up on the 'Zine page of the RockBand.com page. Subscribe via iTunes

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
Rock Band DLC list via WikiPedia
Rock Band Unplugged DLC list via WikiPedia

Albums available for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest
The Cars by the Cars
Doolittle by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying by Megadeth
Moving Pictures by Rush
Blood Sugar Sex Magick by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003 by No Doubt
Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Ten by Pearl Jam
Chinese Democracy by Guns 'n Roses
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction
Back from the Dead by Spinal Tap
Backspacer by Pearl Jam
Rust in Peace by Megadeth
Axis: Bold as Love by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt (also Deep Cuts version for those that bought the Singles)
British Steel 30th Anniversary by Judas Priest
The Great Southern Trendkill by Pantera
Legend by Bob Marley & the Wailers
Are You Experienced? by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
Imagine by John Lennon

========================

Rock Band 3
October 26, 2010
Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, and a DS version
Rb3_box_art.jpg

WHAT'S THIS?
Rock Band 3 will include several new features to the current selection of gameplay modes:
  • Vocal Harmonies - Continuing from Beatles Rock Band and into Green Day Rock Band, these are now a staple allowing up to three people to sing three distinct parts.
  • Keyboards - An actual midi keyboard will be sold that can be worn like a keytar. Two full octaves.
  • Hook Up Your E-Kit/Keyboard - Got an electronic keyboard or an electronic drumkit? A MIDI converter box will be sold after RB3 releases to allow the use of your own real gear!
  • Revamped World Tour Mode - What has been mentioned is that you can go on actual tours through cities and play through setlists rather than just sitting in one area and clearing out setlists.
  • Drop In and Out - Players can jump in or out of songs without interrupting a song already in progress. They can also change instruments or difficulty settings during a song without pausing. Resuming from a Pause state does the 3-2-1 countdown like in BRB.
  • Song Filtering - There are tons of ways to sort your music library now. Also there is a voting system (a la RBN tracks) with the 1-5 lighters to keep those annoying songs away from your random setlists.
  • Pro Mode - Learn to play songs with actual instruments! Pro mode will have it's own difficulty tiers (Easy to Expert) and two versions of guitars will be sold, one with 100+ fret buttons and an actual guitar with touch sensors. Drums and Vocals will have Pro Mode but don't require new peripherals. There is bass pro mode but you use either of the two guitars they sell for it.
  • Legacy Content - A large amount of current DLC and playable tracks have had their charts updated for Pro Mode and to integrate keyboard and other new designs. Go to the RB forums and vote for them!
  • Revamped Scoring - The game still grabs your individual instrument score even when playing in a band.
  • Exporting - You will be able to export Rock Band 2 into 3 via a code/download just like Lego Rock Band did. This goes for all three consoles, even the Wii! (Details will be revealed later).

rockband30610x-large.jpg

INSTRUMENTS
Keyboard/Keytar
rb3-keyboard.jpg
  • Fully functional 360 wireless controller (dongle for PS3 and Wii).
  • There is a touch pad on the "arm" that allows you to "whammy" sustains.
  • Has a MIDI out so it can be used with other programs.
  • Can be worn as a Keytar.

Guitars
rock-band-3-squier-controller.jpg
Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster (no price yet, expect ~$250)
  • Has a MIDI out so it can be used with other programs.
  • It is an actual guitar with fast sensing technology that reads the frets before you strum.
  • For Pro Mode playing ONLY. Cannot be used in normal 5-color-gem modes.

rock-band-3-mustang-controller.jpg
Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller (~$150)
  • Has a MIDI out so it can be used with other programs
  • It has 102 buttons for the frets
  • It is smaller than the Squire but is essentially the hassle-free option for Pro Mode (i.e. tuning, strings, etc.)
  • Can be used in Pro Mode or normal 5-color-gem modes.

Drums
  • No new drumkit will be released but Mad Catz will be offering drumkits at a future date.
  • Rock Band 2 kit's "mystery port" will be opened up for a 2nd pedal (2nd bass or hi-hat) that will only function for fills or free play.
  • Charting in-game will have new icons for cymbal hits to encourage correct hits in normal mode but is vital in Pro Mode
  • Double bass no hi-hat pedal will be charted.
  • Unfortunately, GH drumkit won't be supported in Pro Mode.

MIDI Converter Box
midi-pro-adapter.jpg
  • Allows you to use any keyboard or drumkit with a MIDI out to be used in Rock Band 3.
  • Can be worn on your belt (like an onion).
  • There will be PS3 and Wii versions of this as well. Sells for around $20-30
  • Will be released shortly after RB3 and it will have a compatibility sheet posted online.

SONG LIST
Amy Winehouse – Rehab
Anthrax – Caught In A Mosh
At the Drive-In – One Armed Scissor
Avenged Sevenfold – Beast and the Harlot
B-52′s – Rock Lobster
The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations (Live)
Big Country – In a Big Country
Blondie – Heart of Glass
Bob Marley & The Wailers – Get Up, Stand Up
The Bronx – False Alarm
Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
The Cure – Just Like Heaven
David Bowie – Space Oddity
Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
Def Leppard – Foolin’
Devo – Whip It
Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
Dire Straits – Walk of Life
Doobie Brothers – China Grove
The Doors – Break On Through
Dover – King George
Echo and the Bunnymen – Killing Moon
Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)
Faith No More – Midlife Crisis
Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot
Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Foreigner – Cold as Ice
Golden Earring – Radar Love
HIM – Killing Loneliness
Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
Hypernova – Viva La Resistance
Ida Maria – Oh My God
INXS – Need You Tonight
J. Geils Band – Centerfold
James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
John Lennon – Imagine
Juanes – Me Enamora
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
Maná – Oye Mi Amor
Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
Metric – Combat Baby
The Muffs – Outer Space
Night Ranger – Sister Christian
Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
Paramore – Misery Business
Phish – Llama
Phoenix – Lasso
The Police – Don’t Stand So Close To Me
Poni Hoax – Antibodies
Pretty Girls Make Graves – Something Bigger, Something Brighter
Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
Queens Of The Stone Age – No One Knows
Rammstein – Du Hast
The Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
Raveonettes – Last Dance
Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
Riverboat Gamblers – Don’t Bury Me… I’m Still Not Dead
Roxette – The Look
Slipknot – Before I Forget
Smash Mouth – Walkin’ on the Sun
The Smiths – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before
The Sounds – Living in America
Spacehog – In the Meantime
Steve Miller Band – Fly Like An Eagle
Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
Swingin’ Utters – This Bastard’s Life
T.Rex – 20th Century Boy
Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Tegan and Sara – The Con
Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
Tokio Hotel – Humanoid
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers – I Need To Know
The Vines – Get Free
War – Low Rider
Warren Zevon – Werewolves Of London
The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
The Who – I Can See For Miles
Yes – Roundabout

========================

Rock Band Network
Available now on LIVE
Xbox 360 - All features
PS3 & Wii - Limited DLC from RBN after it goes on LIVE, PS3 might get the full RBN later on

Rock-band-network-logo.jpg
WHAT'S THIS?
WikiPedia wrote:
The Rock Band Network is a system designed by Harmonix Music Systems with the help of Microsoft to allow musical artists and record labels to make their music available as playable tracks for the Rock Band series of rhythm video games. The Network was designed to allow more music to be incorporated into Rock Band than Harmonix themselves could produce, and it is seen as a way to further expand the games' music catalog into a wide variety of genres. The Network is set to start beta testing in September 2009, with it becoming publicly available to all Xbox 360 players in November; Harmonix hopes to be able to also bring these songs to the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles.

The Rock Band Network is based on the XNA Creators Club model and uses peer review to check songs for playability, copyright violations, and profanity. Harmonix has developed a suite of software tools, including a modified version of REAPER, a digital audio sound tool, and Magma, a metadata packaging tool, for use by artists and labels. In addition, Harmonix has helped to spawn the creation of several third-party companies, based on the previous hacking environment for the creation of custom songs, that will author an artist's song into a Rock Band track. Artists retain full control on their songs, and receive 30% of the sales from the Network. Several artists and labels have already committed to expanding the distribution of their music through the network.

WHAT BANDS ARE DOING THIS?
This obviously gives smaller, indie bands a venue for some cash. There is a list up on the Rock Band forums of bands and labels who may be putting songs up on the Rock Band Network. Expect to see more from Harmonix bands, Johnathan Coulton, and plenty of Indie bands.

I HAVE A BAND!
Great! Have a look at the process and tool you will need over on the RBN page.

HOW DO I USE THIS NOW THAT IT IS LIVE?
As long as you have an Xbox 360, Rock Band 2, and LIVE, the Rock Band Network Store should be under the Music Store after you press start on the opening screen. From there you can preview all the songs, download demos, and buy songs. The demo is basically 30 seconds from the beginning of the song where you can play for free. If you pause the song in there, you can purchase it. Songs purchased from the RBN will show up as their own category in song selection with a tiny RBN logo. RBN tracks can't be played in Tour Challenge mode or via mystery setlists.

I HAVE A PS3/WII AND I CAN'T GET THIS!?
Due to certain restrictions, Harmonix has only been able to sell select popular RBN tracks on the PSN. Wii gets boned for now. All this might change in the future.

LIST OF RBN SONGS

Here's the WikiPedia list.

========================

The Beatles Rock Band
09/09/09
Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii
The_Beatles_Rock_Band_box_art.jpg
WHAT'S IN IT?
  • Compatibility - Due to restrictions by Apple, on-disc and DLC tracks for the Beatles Rock Band will not be compatible with any other Rock Band game.
  • Harmonies - Two additional people can sing back up vocals. All microphones are tied to one controller allowing for any combination of singers, potentially up to 6 people (3 singers, 3 instruments) can play because of this.
  • Overdrive/Beatlemania! - Due to restrictions by Apple, it seems the freestyle drum fill to activate Overdrive/Beatlemania! on drums no longer exists. Instead, you're given a glowing green gem to hit to activate it minus the drum fill.
  • Effects - Guitar switch effects are disabled in-game. Whammy doesn't always produce a modified noise. Most of this has to do with the lack of split tracks. Opening/Closing drum fills are silenced as well.
  • Unlockable media - Never before seen videos, photos, and other neat goodies relating to the Fab Four.
  • Dreamscapes - While the game follows the Beatles' career at the start, they end up being cooped up in Abbey Road Studios in the later half. In order to present better visuals than just strumming in the studio, Harmonix has gone ahead and created these dreamscapes - imagined cinematics of the song that plays out while you play.
  • Downloadable Albums - Abbey Road has been announced to be the first full album with more full albums to come after the game's release. See below for release dates and albums.
  • New Instruments - Based on the Beatles' own gear:
    • John Lennon’s Rickenbacker 325 guitar
    • Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark Höfner bass
    • George Harrison’s Gretsch Duo Jet guitar
    • Ringo Starr’s drums with classic black oyster pearl finish and Ludwig-branded Beatles kick drum head

Hidden Photos
Unlock some hidden photos that show some bonus Beatles photos along with development artwork and planning by quickly entering this at the start menu:Blue, Yellow, Orange, Orange, Orange, Blue, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Orange.

Tracklist
* I Saw Her Standing There
* Boys
* Do You Want To Know A Secret
* Twist And Shout
* I Wanna Be Your Man
* I Want to Hold Your Hand
* A Hard Day’s Night
* Can’t Buy Me Love
* I Feel Fine
* Eight Days A Week
* Ticket To Ride
* Day Tripper
* Drive My Car
* I’m Looking Through You
* If I Needed Someone
* Paperback Writer
* Taxman
* Yellow Submarine
* And Your Bird Can Sing
* Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
* With a Little Help from My Friends
* Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
* Getting Better
* Good Morning Good Morning
* I Am The Walrus
* Hello Goodbye
* Revolution
* Back In The U.S.S.R.
* Dear Prudence
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
* Birthday
* Helter Skelter
* Hey Bulldog
* Don’t Let Me Down
* Come Together
* Something
* Octopus’s Garden
* I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
* Here Comes The Sun
* Dig A Pony
* I Me Mine
* I’ve Got A Feeling
* Get Back
* Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
* The End

Album DLC
Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg
Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks

• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “Because”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

Peppers.jpg
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Release Date: November 16th, 2009

• “Fixing A Hole”
• “She’s Leaving Home”
• “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
• “Within You Without You”
• “When I’m Sixty Four”
• “Lovely Rita”
• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
• “A Day In The Life”

RubberSoulUK.jpg
Rubber Soul (1965)
Release Date: December 15th, 2009

• “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
• “You Won’t See Me”
• “Nowhere Man”
• “Think For Yourself”
• “The Word”
• “Michelle”
• “What Goes On”
• “Girl”
• “In My Life”
• “Wait”
• “Run For Your Life”

========================

Lego Rock Band
Available now
Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DS
Lego_Rock_Band.jpg
WHAT'S IN IT?
  • Exportable - The entire setlist will be exportable to your hard drive (just like Rock Band) for about $10 (PS3 & 360). Requires a code packed in PS3 and Xbox 360 carts.
  • Importable - Some current Rock Band DLC will be playable in Lego Rock Band once it goes through a content filter.
  • Difficulty - The game is targeting the younger crowd and/or families. As such the difficulty curve is set much lower. This includes Super Easy mode.
  • Gameplay - While the music sections maintain the usual Rock Band gameplay, there are Lego specific challenges that have your band create/destroy buildings. You will also collect Lego Bricks to build and customize your avatars and your "rock den."
  • Nintendo DS version - The handheld version for the DS will be quite similar to the PSP's RB Unplugged. You will switch between the four instruments and play with four buttons.
  • No Online multiplayer - Console versions have no online multiplayer. The DS version offers local, cart required multiplayer.
  • Lego-ized Rockers - Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Blur, Spinal Tap, Queen and others appear in the game.

45 Master Tracks
* = song appears on DS version
"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend*
"Accidentally In Love" by Counting Crows*
"Aliens Exist" by Blink 182
"Breakout" by Foo Fighters
"Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings*
"Crash" by the Primatives*
"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John
"Dig" by Incubus
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by the Police
"Fire" by Jimi Hendrix
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty*
"Dreaming of You" by the Coral
"Grace" by Supergrass*
"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.*
"Girls and Boys" by Good Charlotte*
"I Want You Back" by Jackson 5*
"In Too Deep" by Sum 41*
"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas*
"Let's Dance" by David Bowie*
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts*
"Make Me Smile" by Steve Harly
"Monster" by the Automatic*
"Naïve" by the Kooks
"The Passenger" by Iggy Pop*
"Real Wild Child" by Everlife
"Ride a White Swan" by T. Rex
"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" by Lostprophets
"Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs*
"Short & Sweet" by Spinal Tap
"So What" by P!nk*
"Song 2" by Blur
"Stumble and Fall" by Razorlight
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall*
"Summer of 69" by Brian Adams
"Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects*
"The Final Countdown" by Europe*
"Thunder" by Boys Like Girls
"Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors*
"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves*
"We Are The Champions" by Queen*
"We Will Rock You" by Queen*
"Word Up!" by Korn
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi

========================

Green Day Rock Band
Available now
Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii
Green_Day_Rock_Band.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N43SZIbcfvc

WHAT'S THIS?
Basically a game covering lots of Green Day and nothing else. A bit similar to Beatles Rock Band but the amount of polish is yet to be seen. So far the only things we've been shown is that "American Idiot" is playable, it is compatible with all Green Day DLC on the Rock Band Music Store, and that it will have loads of Green Day tracks.

WHAT'S IN IT?
  • Tracklist - Currently, 47 on-disc songs have been promised (if you count Brain Stew/Jaded as two). This is not including any current/future Green Day DLC which will be compatible with this game.
  • Vocal Harmonies - This has been carried over from the Beatles Rock Band to allow multiple vocalists for some tracks.
  • Fully Exportable - It has been confirmed that this game will be fully exportable to allow its tracks to be played on Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and some tracks for Lego Rock Band, of course with a small fee. Pre-ordering at Gamestop will waive this fee via a code.

SOUNDTRACK
These are the songs that have been confirmed:

Dookie
"Basket Case"
"Coming Clean"
"Chump"
"Burnout"
"Emenius Sleepus"
"F.O.D."
"Having a Blast"
"In The End"
"Longview"
"Pulling Teeth"
"Sassafrass Roots"
"She"
"Welcome to Paradise"
"When I Come Around"

Insomniac
"Brain Stew/Jaded"
"Geek Stink Breath"

Nimrod
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
"Hitchin' a Ride"
"Nice Guys Finish Last"

Warning
"Minority"
"Warning"

American Idiot
"American Idiot"
"Are We the Waiting"
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"Extraordinary Girl"
"Give Me Novacaine"
"Holiday"
"Homecoming"
"Jesus of Suburbia"
"Letterbomb"
"She's a Rebel"
"St. Jimmy"
"Wake Me Up When September Ends"
"Whatsername"

21st Century Breakdown
"21st Century Breakdown"
"American Eulogy"
"Before the Lobotomy"
"Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
"Last Night on Earth"
"Murder City"
"Peacemaker"
"Restless Heart Syndrome"
"See the Light"
"Song of the Century"
"The Static Age"
"¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"

========================

Other Rock Band Games

Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP - Gameplay is similar to Frequency/Amplitude. Has it's own DLC.
Rock Band for the iPhone - Similar to the PSP but can also allow 4-way multiplayer. Also has its own DLC.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
Arikado on

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    New thread!
    quick question because I haven't heard anything yet: For like $5 do I get to export all of my RB2 tracks off the disc to be used in RB3? I don't wanna lose some of those.

shockingly enough, we still don't have any details about the RB2 export

edit: how about some instrument reviews?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/22/rock-band-3-fender-mustang-pro-guitar-review/

http://gizmodo.com/5670348/rock-band-3-instruments-review

I want that guitar, but I am so, so afraid of it.

I've already made up my mind. I've got some disposable income and I'm probably gonna get the Mustang + RB3Cymbal addons (if they hold up...).

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are the GameStop preorder songs going to be available for pay download in the regular way? I've been hoping for some New Order, Depeche Mode, etc. since we heard there would be a keyboard controller.

ystael on
  • sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ystael wrote: »
    Are the GameStop preorder songs going to be available for pay download in the regular way? I've been hoping for some New Order, Depeche Mode, etc. since we heard there would be a keyboard controller.

I was really hoping they'd be available on day 1, but alas.

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • a_m_a_ta_m_a_t Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Any word on how Wii exporting will work?

Also, how big of an SD card can Rock Band 3 (and the Wii) support?

a_m_a_t on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nice job on the OP. Seriously can't wait for Tuesday.

corin7 on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ystael wrote: »

I'm sure they'll become available eventually.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    The fact that I have to wait an extra 3 days for the October 29th release date is going to kill me.

Visiting this thread every day. Seeing people enjoying it. Crying softly to myself.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    corin7 wrote: »

Yeah I havent been around for page 1 of a couple of threads in a row now, so I havent checked out the OP in quite some time.

Fantastic job with it, Arikado. It's easily the best OP on these here forums!
    (Well - it's neck and neck with the Halo OP's...)

Also - starting with Rock Band 1, I have always taken the day off for Rock Band releases (even Lego!).

For Rock Band 3, I took off the week.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Also - starting with Rock Band 1, I have always taken the day off for Rock Band releases (even Lego!).

This is actually the first time I've not taken the day off for a Rock Band release, and it's because it's getting delivered to the office where I work.

I found out that "priority before 12 noon" means "around 4 in the afternoon" to my postman at home the hard way on Rock Band 2's release. I spent the whole day in the porch with my laptop just waiting, glaring at every passing van and person on a bike in case it was the postman, and then a good hour on the phone with the post office getting my money back for the delivery.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    RBN on PS3 and Wii:
    hmxhenry wrote:
    Here's the tracks coming to RBN on PlayStation 3 on Oct. 26:

· The Main Drag – “How We’d Look On Paper”
    · Lead the Dead – “Rip’er”
    · Warpath – “Life Unworthy of Life”
    · Jonathan Coulton – “Chiron Beta Prime”
    · Graveyard BBQ – “Cheat on the Church”

And here's the tracks coming to RBN on Wii on Oct. 26:

· of Montreal – “Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse”
    · In This Moment – “Mechanical Love”
    · Clutch – “The Mob Goes Wild”
    · Demon Hunter – “Collapsing”
    · Bif Naked – “Sick”
    · The Shins – “So Says I”
    · Testament – “Henchmen Ride”
    · Band of Horses – “The Funeral”

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, now I probably can't get this Day 1 because my bank fucked me over! Huzzah!

Fawst on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

This is actually the first time I've not taken the day off for a Rock Band release, and it's because it's getting delivered to the office where I work.

I found out that "priority before 12 noon" means "around 4 in the afternoon" to my postman at home the hard way on Rock Band 2's release. I spent the whole day in the porch with my laptop just waiting, glaring at every passing van and person on a bike in case it was the postman, and then a good hour on the phone with the post office getting my money back for the delivery.

I was thinking of calling in sick on Tuesday but then ended up being sick for real this week and missed a couple days so that's out now. Just going to have a few friends over for a few hours after work. The real party will have to wait for the weekend.

corin7 on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Two songs by The Apples in Stereo have been lowered in price (Full list of price changes under the spoiler):
    Price Reductions

October 21st, 2010:
    No One In The World by The Apples in Stereo, now 80 MSP
    Hey Elevator by The Apples in Stereo, now 80 MSP
    October 6th, 2010:
    When I Get Home You're So Dead by Mayday Parade, now 160 MSP (down from 240)

October 4th, 2010:
    Told You Once by The Apples in Stereo, now 80 MSP
    Dream About The Future by The Apples in Stereo, now 80 MSP, all other songs of the band will follow once the price can be changed (which should be at the end of this month)

September 1st, 2010:
    Dance Floor by The Apples in Stereo, now 80 MSP

August 28th, 2010:
    Ox by Zack Wilson, now 80 MSP
    Another California Song by Zack Wilson, now 80 MSP

August 24th, 2010:
    You're Not Alone - Rock Mix by a t o m, now 80 MSP
    You Take It All by a t o m, now 80 MSP
    Satellite (Live) by a t o m, now 80 MSP

August 18th, 2010:
    Hyperbole by Glass Hammer, now 80 MSP
    Sleep On by Glass Hammer, now 80 MSP

Juli 2010:
    Sissyfuss by Surprise Me Mr. Davis, now 80 MSP
    White Heat by Cetan Clawson & the Soul Side, now 80 MSP

Price Increases

September 17th, 2010:
    Ice Cold by Audible Mainframe, now 160 MSP

August 31st, 2010:
    Africa by Quartered, now 160 MSP
    Death Quota for Purification by The Myriad Burial, now 160 MSP
    In Memory by Excruciating Thoughts, now 160 MSP
    Life Unworthy of Life by Warpath, now 160 MSP
    Packet Flier by Terrorhorse, now 160 MSP
    Parhelia by Heaven Ablaze, now 160 MSP
    Rip'er by Lead the Dead, now 160 MSP

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, speaking of RBN prices, what ever happened to that Blondie song? It was the first thing to be $3 and people were flipping out about it, but I don't even see it in the store now.

SaraLuna on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, as can be imagined, a lot of the people who give feedback in RBN are really annoying.

If anyone isn't familiar with the drum charts of Children of Nova, they look like this:

For their most recent song, which starts as a mid-tempo soft jam but ends with typical ridiculousness as demonstrated above including a 15 second blast beat (like in, you know, metal songs), a playtester suggested that:
    "I think it should be a 5 at most, this is some very basic stuff here... I can see WHY you would think devil right away, because of the blasts... but I assure you those blasts can be done by almost any decent expert level drummer, unlike most blast beats. "

I know we didn't really need more evidence that people like this are why RBN is full of cookie-monsters, but it is.

I'm not the best rock band drummer, apparently I'm not even decent by this guy's standards, but I can gold star "The Perfect Drug" and just barely break 90% on the song he's talking about.

metaghost on
    edited October 2010
    Hey, speaking of RBN prices, what ever happened to that Blondie song? It was the first thing to be $3 and people were flipping out about it, but I don't even see it in the store now.

Any song that was being done by EMI has been 'canceled'. They simply aren't doing anything anymore. The song technically passed the process and then disappeared.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2010
    did a little hunting, and here it is on the marketplace at least: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000187-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

SaraLuna on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    corin7 wrote: »

Yeah I havent been around for page 1 of a couple of threads in a row now, so I havent checked out the OP in quite some time.

Fantastic job with it, Arikado. It's easily the best OP on these here forums!
    (Well - it's neck and neck with the Halo OP's...)

I scored Tuesday and Wednesday off, so RB3 will be consuming pretty much both those days for me.

As of a couple weeks ago, I have (finally) joined the ranks of ION kit owners. I should have done this a LONG time ago - now I have ~3 years of bad habits to correct from adjusting to the RB1 and 2 kits. They weren't terrible, but for anyone who had played drums in the past they certainly felt like had a negative effect on any kind of muscle memory you had built from a real kit. I've been able to re-adjust to playing mostly "correctly" but it was pretty hilarious to see my average performance go from mostly 5/gold stars back down to 3 or 4.

One thing I haven't really seen discussed or confirmed. Since Pro Drums is generating the charts based on the animation cues now, does this mean the hi-hat open vs closed/yellow vs blue issue will go away, essentially just replacing a yellow/blue pattern with yellow cymbal for all hi-hat hits regardless? I really hope so. It is one of the very few things that still bothers me about how drums are charted.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
    edited October 2010
    I doubt that link works. Keldon doesn't list a single score for it and he includes the few scores for Promised Land and Charlene on the Wii before they were pulled down.

This thread appeared on the Forums the day after Atomic passed peer review:
    As it turns out, Atomic by Blondie is going back into playtest for reasons unknown to man.

But some people already managed to access it through the online marketplace 'glitch'. Hence the rage yesterday ¬_¬

Surely we've now found our first problem of trying to get a song before it has been fully approved? Now people MAY have bought a song that has a problem... but as they didn't wait for it to be launched officially they won't be able to download the new revision.

For now I'm just getting songs through the RBN storefront, sure it'll delay some songs a few days... but it's better than encountering a glitch like this.

That was March 10. It doesn't take seven months to make a minor update and resubmit for review. Especially not for a song by a band people would know by name. *None* of the EMI tracks exist anymore, including Bullet With Butterfly Wings. Some have theorised that they're going to be Official DLC. Maybe, but it does mean that EMI has abandoned their RBN support.

Even if that link to Atomic works, few people would have it and if they did officially release it later, you'd still have to pay for it again.

Anyway, this place is called 'Error 420' and they have the most comprehensive list of songs (and XBL Marketplace links) that passed review (more thorough than Plastic Axe which is still pretty good).

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2010
    polaris314 wrote: »
    One thing I haven't really seen discussed or confirmed. Since Pro Drums is generating the charts based on the animation cues now, does this mean the hi-hat open vs closed/yellow vs blue issue will go away, essentially just replacing a yellow/blue pattern with yellow cymbal for all hi-hat hits regardless? I really hope so. It is one of the very few things that still bothers me about how drums are charted.

Pro drum charts are not generated by animation cues. They are hand charted like everything else. There is no trigger for hi-hat, it will switch between yellow and blue like it always has, though some people are 'modding' their kits to have two hi-hat cymbals in the same location just to have the feel right.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Goddamnit I have to watch this thread explode on Tuesday then wait til Friday to play.

Why you gotta make me hate you EA.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Joystiq review is up.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/22/rock-band-3-review/

Do they like it?
    They fucking love it!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What's the best kind of DLC? FREE DLC!!!!

Who else is going to be singing Touch Me like Jack Black did in
    School of Rock?

quovadis13 on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Some things:

-Kind of a shame the keyboard is so small that you only play the part of one hand. I understand displaying two hands worth of information would take up a bit of room, and increase the price of the peripheral, but it just doesn't seem the same.

-Kind of a shame the squier guitar (or the mustang for that matter) can't recognize bends. That takes out quite a bit from some songs, but I guess the tech just can't see it.

-Lastly, one thing I haven't heard a single person discuss, the mustang only has 17 frets. Seventeen frets! How are you going to play proguitar on charts that go higher than 17 frets? Rainbow in the dark goes up to the 20th, Crazy Train the 21st. Do they change the chart and make you play it somewhere else? Not exactly an accurate pro chat at that point. How are they going to handle songs that exceed the guitar?

Endaro on
    edited October 2010
    Endaro wrote: »
    -Lastly, one thing I haven't heard a single person discuss, the mustang only has 17 frets. Seventeen frets! How are you going to play proguitar on charts that go higher than 17 frets? Rainbow in the dark goes up to the 20th, Crazy Train the 21st. Do they change the chart and make you play it somewhere else? Not exactly an accurate pro chat at that point. How are they going to handle songs that exceed the guitar?

HMX has stated that charts will adjust for the higher frets if you have the Mustang connected. It'll still be an 'accurate' chart since you have to make the same finger positions. It'll just be slightly higher on the neck.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2010
    Even if that link to Atomic works, few people would have it and if they did officially release it later, you'd still have to pay for it again.
    yeah, I'd never try to buy a song off of one of those.

also, that Error 420 site is great - reminded me of almost 20 songs I wanted to check out.

SaraLuna on
  • sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oddly enough, Gamefly finally decided to send me Green Day RB after nearly 5 months in my queue.

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
    edited October 2010
    yeah, I'd never try to buy a song off of one of those.

also, that Error 420 site is great - reminded me of almost 20 songs I wanted to check out.

If you're actually going to use a site to check out the songs, I recommend the official listing at rockband.com. These are songs that are definitely in the in-game store so you don't really have to worry about songs getting pulled and resubmitted. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

That's why I never list songs that haven't passed the HMX quarantine. The official site also includes audio samples and difficulty ratings.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2010

HMX has stated that charts will adjust for the higher frets if you have the Mustang connected. It'll still be an 'accurate' chart since you have to make the same finger positions. It'll just be slightly higher on the neck.

Wish they had squeezed just a few more buttons on there. It looks like there's room and you don't really need any on strings lower than the third. I've never seen a tab needing you to play the 6th string 20th fret, but there are plenty on the 1st string.

Endaro on
    edited October 2010

Wish they had squeezed just a few more buttons on there. It looks like there's room and you don't really need any on strings lower than the third. I've never seen a tab needing you to play the 6th string 20th fret, but there are plenty on the 1st string.

After looking at it, I think they made their choice to make it easier for Lefty Flip. The upper cutout isn't as much of a problem on the Mustang as it is on the Squier (which is why so many are crying for a real lefty Squier).

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2010
    I was impressed by the impressions the Gizmodo review gave of the Mustang, but Engadget review is not so positive. Apparently palm mutes can set off strings and the equal width button/strings can get you lost.

Endaro on
    edited October 2010
    It was naturally going to have compromises built-in. Buy the Mustang in a few weeks and play Pro now, along with every other issue that might come up. Or wait until next year, spend twice as much for the 'real' thing, and be unable to play five button mode with it.

For me, any interest I have in Pro will be sated by the Squier. But I'm not planning on buying one when they come out since at that price, I'd rather buy IONs and finally be able to play the drums. Until I do get a Squier, I'll just be happy playing as I always have.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's okay. I had to make a choice (not really) between getting my wife the collector's editon of Fable 3 or myself rock band.

We know who won that one. I'll be getting RB on thursday though.

belligerent on
    edited October 2010
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Can't decide if I want this day 1 or even week 1. The Doors free DLC looks great and I'm almost done with Beatles, but there's part of me that feels like I have enough backlogged games that I should just wait a little bit, since it's not getting any more expensive.

stevemarks44 on
    edited October 2010
    I bet the reviews are so high because they're comparing it to GH and what it has become. I would suspect that, had it been released last year, RB3 would be getting eights instead of nines.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    palpable

MrDelish on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I bet the reviews are so high because they're comparing it to GH and what it has become. I would suspect that, had it been released last year, RB3 would be getting eights instead of nines.

I guess that means its a good thing Harmonix doesnt do what Activision does then?
    228852564_ebkPQ-L-2.jpg

Lol GD:RB, Beatles etc....

quovadis13 on
    edited October 2010
    I was referring to the 'main' games, not the flood. And releasing three extra titles in two years is still not the same thing...

Anyway, remember when I mentioned last thread about the loading screen crash?
    I've had it happen a few times mainly during the scene where the guy is pushing the amp down the ramp. Again not really an issue until after the real release date in case there is a patch already.

Well, if there is a title update on day one, it probably won't address this:
    hmxhenry wrote:
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've passed this along to our QA team.

More than likely, it's a specific combination of character clothing/face choices and the game just chokes on it. In terms of testing, a practically infinite combination of things that would be a massive waste of time to look for in the first place.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    polaris314 wrote: »

Pro drum charts are not generated by animation cues. They are hand charted like everything else. There is no trigger for hi-hat, it will switch between yellow and blue like it always has, though some people are 'modding' their kits to have two hi-hat cymbals in the same location just to have the feel right.

Well, I vaguely remember a detail from an interview a month or so ago that alluded that they were getting the cymbal vs pads distinction from the animation cues, since those were there from day one. This is the reason why Pro Drums will work will all existing songs (as opposed to guitar which have to be authored by hand). I guess that gave me false hopes, since I figured that meant that if the animation cue was "hi-hat", then it would translate in Pro mode to "yellow cymbal" regardless of what the hand-authored color was from the base chart. I was hoping this would also mean that charts that mapped the hats to red and snare to yellow would be reversed, since you could now actually play them as intended.

It's by no means a dealbreaker if nothing has changed, but considering how much care went into making sure you are making the correct chord shapes with your fingers in Pro Guitar, it would have been nice if the same attention to "authenticity" were paid to drums.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5