As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: May to October Edition

• degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    You know what I'm bringing! :D

Oh hell yes! Those were among the best desserts I had in recent memory.

degreesplatinum on
  • honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Whoa!!! I'm not trying to thunder-steal here! Everyone please remember that this is going down tomorrow, Friday the 8th!

And Small... You just let me know what weekend in Nov works for you, and we'll make it happen. Even if I'm a little out of the way for you...

Sumi wrote: »
    Okay so it's time for another swanky party at Eric's place. This is kinda last minute so I guess it all depends on if anyone is actually interested in attending. We can hook up the TV in the living room to a console of your choice and set up the table for jenga and the like. It'd be on friday. Standard you-can-come-if-i-know-you rules apply. Byob and Byosnacks. There will be space for anyone who wants to crash, though for some it might be floor space.

So please post or Pm an rsvp.

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sumi texted me, I will come to crazy party. Also, I'm RSVP'ing now for bbq. I'll get back to you later about what specifically I will bring.

Wormdundee on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oui I was just trying to figure out whether or not to axe it but with everyone who says they're planning on coming, that's 7 so I think it's on. There are also others who have not gotten back to me.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey Sumi, we'll be there :)

What time were you thinking?

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    RANDOM-YET-PRETTY VANCOUVER PICTURE
    vancouver-bc.jpg

That is all...

I see your picture from the 80s and raise with something more recent, and taken from that vast tract of undeveloped land. Bwah hah hah!

EDIT: I GUESS I CAN GO TO YOUR PARTY SUMI

I will just need transit directions to get back, cause I can't go to portland with lolhomework.

Theros on
    edited October 2010
    Hmm anytime after 6 ish?

Sumi on
    edited October 2010
    If anyone is having trouble finding the address on google maps, type 17a without the space and it should be able to find it.

Sumi on
    edited October 2010
    Hm so for tomorrow, meet at fogg n sudds and see where the night takes us? The good stuff at the planetarium is on saturdays.

Sumi on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm down for fish bowls. Whoever that was who texted me. What time?

parabola on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    it was sumi. we're gonna go for 7.

tr0tsky on
    edited October 2010
    Where are teeny and danneh? They must come.

Sumi on
  • DannehDanneh Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did somebody say my name?

Okay, I know tonight is a birthday thing so if plans are concrete or if there are preferences and I'm throwing a wrench in set plans, feel free to ignore this post completely.

We all love fishbowls, but we all hate the food (and the price of it) at Fogg n' Sudds. So I propose we hit up somewhere better for food first.

My idea? The Famous Warehouse (formerly known as El Furniture Warehouse). It's on the corner of Granville and Nelson. The place is noteworthy because just about every food item (and beer) on the menu is $5. And the food is actually pretty alright, considering. We could hit up The Famous warehouse (or anywhere else) for food first, and then get down to business at Fogg n' Sudds. The only issue we might come across is that The Famous is actually popular now, so we might have to wait for a table (the place is kind of small).

But again, thou who chooseth where thy party dines is thou whose date of birth thy party is celebrating. I'm just tossing an idea in the mix.

Danneh on
    edited October 2010
    I'm down for whatever.

parabola on
    edited October 2010
    I'll perform a survey over the phone.

Sumi on
    edited October 2010
    Okay contary to my text, thai house doesn't work because it's an upstairs restaurant and unline Fogg n Suds, it does not have an elevator (which I actually though was illegal). Anyways I'm not into waiting for a table at Famous Warehouse, and I also heard that they won't let you drink if you're not having anything to eat.

I'm not against going anywhere else for food but I am running out of time to plan anything new, so sorry for all the run around but lets stick to Fogg N Suds @7

Sumi on
    edited October 2010
    it does not have an elevator (which I actually though was illegal).

It should be.

parabola on
  • drspacemonkey2drspacemonkey2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dammit, this is what I get for going to my parents' place. I wish you all good tidings from Saskatchewan.

drspacemonkey2 on
    edited October 2010
    Just a reminder, this is still on:

honestD wrote: »

PPBBQP2:TP (That's Post-PAX BBQ Part 2: The Potluckening).

Games games games... Probably rockband downstairs and I'm thinking Boom Blox II/Mario Party upstairs with a little Castle Ravenloft? RSVP if you can come, bring cool people you know.

Saturday, Oct 23, at around 3pm again? Post what you're bringing as a reply to this post and we can figure out the fine details. We have a ton of drinks from the last one, so don't sweat those, just make something nice.

Thoughts?

Confirmed RSVPs
    Trotsky: Now with Cheese Cake!
    Wormdundee: TBD
    Teeny & Danneh : Possibly meat with some kind of bread like thing. Or not.
    Two guys from my meetup group that you don't know, but want to, cuz they nice: TBD

honestD on

edited October 2010
    what kind of cheesecake should I make? I have chocolate chips and kahlua still to make another kahlua cheesecake, or I could make something else. I'll probably only make one though.

edit:

I have 1 vote for a doublethick graham crust plain cheesecake.

tr0tsky on
    edited October 2010
    Hey HD, I'm getting behind in school so I need a weekend to hole up and get things done. So I won't be there on the 23rd but I'll pass the invite on to Mukmuk.

Sumi on
    edited October 2010
    Hey HD, I'm getting behind in school so I need a weekend to hole up and get things done. So I won't be there on the 23rd but I'll pass the invite on to Mukmuk.

No problem, if he comes I'll send home the cheesecake leftovers with him for you.

(is that gramatically correct? It seems kind of run-on-ish)

honestD on

• AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No problem, if he comes I'll send home the cheesecake leftovers with him for you.

That's perfectly fine Engrish.... :winky:

I believe DM, Thermos and I will all be in Seattle for another geek gathering that night.... which I thought Trotsky was also coming to.... lol.

I'll see if there is a possibilty of dropping by then taking Sumas crossing or if we are bolting straight down to Seattle in the morning.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited October 2010
    Hey HD is your place accessible-ish? I can come around 4:30. I work until 4.

parabola on
    edited October 2010
    Unfortunately not, dude. The house is pushing forty, so it pre-dates widened doorways and shit.

honestD on

edited October 2010
    K. So yeah, woohoo boring weekend.

parabola on
    edited October 2010
    So a couple of things... We're trying to keep up with our stated goal of "one get together each month" so we've scheduled November's gathering already!

Greenwitch and HonestD's November Mess With Sumi's Study Schedule for Finals Potluck!

Saturday, November 27th
    OUR HOUSE
    3pm onwards...

If you're going to be late, then you're a dessert bringer. Unless you're Tr0tsky.

Boardgames on the Main Stage
    360 on the Big Screen
    Boom Blox/Mario Party on the small screen?

The other event I have planned is another portable game meetup for next Friday, Oct 29th, at MetroTown.
    Accessible, plenty of food and drink options (no fishbowls though), lots of power outlets.

You can find the details by hitting the link in my sig. As always.

HD

honestD on

• TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    I have 1 vote for a doublethick graham crust plain cheesecake.

I have two hands, which means two votes XD

Also, honestD, I don't know the protocol. Are we actually BBQ'ing? If so, Danneh and I will probably bring some sort of meat (chicken?) and some sort of bread-like food. If not...it's a surprise! :O

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
    edited October 2010

Also, honestD, I don't know the protocol. Are we actually BBQ'ing? If so, Danneh and I will probably bring some sort of meat (chicken?) and some sort of bread-like food. If not...it's a surprise! :O

Well, it's kinda free-form potluck, and we do have a BBQ primed and ready. I think I'll be doing some (very few) ribs, and maybe some skewers of stuff, so it'll be on. I'll also be doing some kind of baked pasta, so there's that. I don't know that we're doing capital B barbeque, as it's going to be rainy, but why get all "labelly"?

Not really clarifying anything, but there you go.

honestD on

edited October 2010
    Videogames Live pre-sale goes live today at 10 AM. I'm just gonna buy *edit* 8 tickets. Lemme know if you want one.

Show isn't until April 14, 2011, btw, lol. Also, there was a choice between the 13th or the 14th, but I think Thursday is a better night. If anyone has a problem with Thursday night, you had better check this thread and let me know in the next 29 mins :P

I'll probably go for the midrange price ones (should be like 46 bucks after ticketmaster rape). If there's enough interest, we might have to do another purchase.

edit: All tickets are spoken for. If anyone drops out I'll let people know.

Tickets so far:

1. tr0tsky
    2. Bombchelle
    3. SmallLady
    4. AbsintheMinded
    5. Teenychicka
    6. Danneh
    7. de4dmeta1
    8. Barry

tr0tsky on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GO KARTS OF DOOOOOM
    Nov 21st

Location: TBC Indoor Kart Racing at 2100 Viceroy Place in Richmond
    Time: 1:30 pm, followed by dinner at 5pm. (subject to change)

PEOPLE WITH COUPONS:
    AbsintheMinded
    Haikon
    SmallLady
    DeadMetal
    tr0tsky
    wormdundee
    usererror

If you do not have a coupon but still wish to go, please sign up and I will see if I can make a mixed reservation.
    1st Race: $20
    2nd Race: $12

No Coupon People:

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • afreakafreak Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On the fence as I might (oddly) be in Victoria the day before. If I do go I'll have to consult with my physio whether or not it is a good idea to race but I will come and be there either way. :)

afreak on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I'm rethinking coming to the bbq-ish thing today. My cold has not abated since yesterday so I feel pretty crap. I would also rather not get you guys sick and spread my germs all over your board games.

Wormdundee on
    edited October 2010

That would be wonderful, except one small problem, he ended up having to work today. Boo.

And as for Videogames live, I am continuing my boycott of ticketmaster.

Anyways back to homework. Yay.

Sumi on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm down for some VGL goodness again.

Also, it looks like myself and Absinthe are both going to the shindig today after all, so that's something.

de4dmeta1 on
  • LameBearLameBear Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    That was fun! Managed to continue my streak of being a cylon in BSG yet again. Plus the cheese cake at least looked really good.

LameBear on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think it's about time we get the next iteration of this thread going. Only so much of October left, after all.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited October 2010
    We should do something Halloweeny. Like go to fright nights again or see Saw 3D/Paranormal Activity or something.

parabola on
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    parabola wrote: »
    Like go to fright nights again...

rain.184125030_std.jpg

ACC3SS on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    parabola wrote: »
    Like go to fright nights again...

rain.184125030_std.jpg

I think acc3ss is trying to tell us that he's the wicked witch of the west and will melt in the rain.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
This discussion has been closed.