As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread derailed by train puns

1565758596062»

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    You played Dark Messiah yet?

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic doesn't get anywhere near the love it deserves. It has the best first person hand to hand combat of any game I've ever played. Kicking orcs into spikes and off ledges is pure gaming nirvana.
    I would consider Zeno Clash to be the superior first person melee game, but Dark Messiah is definitely the best that has swords in it. And magic. And hybrid RPG mechanics. And greatness such that everyone should play it at least once.
    I'm just so damn disappointed that Dark Messiah will never get a sequel since it's one of my favourite games. Hell, if the Might and Magic line would have gone down this route I wouldn't have been disappointed. I can only hope that Bethsofts combat code monkeys had a look on this game once it's time for them to produce another Elder Scrolls game.

I just want bethesda to hire some goddamn animators

Edit: I just noticed the civ 5 for like 3 pounds

Any brits here wanna buy it for me and sell me the key for some markup of your determination? I own the game already but want to get it for others

override367 on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    5107842915_faca131d6d.jpg

Mel Gibson leads his Whipped Cream army against his Pie Oppressors. For FREEEEDOM!

Quote should be "They can take our pies, but they can never take our FREEEEEDOM!"

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    5107842915_faca131d6d.jpg

Mel Gibson leads his Whipped Cream army against his Pie Oppressors. For FREEEEDOM!

That actually looks a lot like Mel Gibson in camouflage leading the KKK.

Which, knowing Mel Gibson these days, isn't exactly an impossibility.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You're gonna get raped by a pack of wild pies!

override367 on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Am I doin it right?

whippedwhatnow.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm going to be honest
    I can only see a condom doing a stick-up

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh you saw that too? Oh well.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Holding a penis.

urahonky on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think at the very least we can all agree that there's a lot swirling around SkutSkut's head.

Also what is Terrormel?

Centipeed on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well see caramel is brown, like terrorist in those vidja games! So I combined the two.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    bondagecow.jpg

I'm sorry.

Drake on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    You played Dark Messiah yet?

Edit: I just noticed the civ 5 for like 3 pounds

Any brits here wanna buy it for me and sell me the key for some markup of your determination? I own the game already but want to get it for others

Uh, I'm in Britain and don't get this deal. It's 29.99 on steam. Where is this deal happening?

envoy1 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Uh, I'm in Britain and don't get this deal. It's 29.99 on steam. Where is this deal happening?

At Coolshop. It's a Steamworks game, so you'll get a key for registering on Steam.

Peewi on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    steam weekend deal just makes me realize that i own batman GotY

haven't started it yet due to Crack Effect 2 D:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

At Coolshop. It's a Steamworks game, so you'll get a key for registering on Steam.

What's the catch?

Blurbl on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

What's the catch?

It's most likely a pricing error, but aside from that the catch (Which everyone is failing to mention) is that past a certain point no-one who paid for it has gotten a key yet.

I've bought it from the site, no key.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I just got around to downloading and playing Men of War after it went on sale for 3 bucks the other week.

OMIGOD this is so cool!

Granted I spend most of my time decking my men out in different hats, but still. One thing I can't figure out though; the direct control thing is neat, but when I direct control someone, I can no longer use the function keys to toss grenades and the like. Is there some way to remedy this?

Also, the default keybindings seem really awful. I think I'll rebind direct controls to WASD instead.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    subedii wrote: »
    Why is his neck on fire?

That is a medal he was awarded for participating in a war.

Why is he wearing it on his neck?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I just got around to downloading and playing Men of War after it went on sale for 3 bucks the other week.

OMIGOD this is so cool!

Granted I spend most of my time decking my men out in different hats, but still. One thing I can't figure out though; the direct control thing is neat, but when I direct control someone, I can no longer use the function keys to toss grenades and the like. Is there some way to remedy this?

Also, the default keybindings seem really awful. I think I'll rebind direct controls to WASD instead.

You should be able to switch your weapons while in direct control mode. Switch to grenades, and you should be able to throw them.

Also, the new MoW game, MoW: Assault Squad, will have much better keybindings (like wasd and "e" to activate direct control).

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cpugeek13 wrote: »

OMIGOD this is so cool!

You should be able to switch your weapons while in direct control mode. Switch to grenades, and you should be able to throw them.

Also, the new MoW game, MoW: Assault Squad, will have much better keybindings (like wasd and "e" to activate direct control).

Oh, so right click, excellent. One other thing; can I use enemy artillery? I captured and repaired a German 72mm gun but I can't seem to get my guys to use it. Or was it out of ammo? Man this is complicated.

Also, I just got smashed by the second Russian mission. They really like throwing you in at the deep end, with minimal anti-tank capability against a force comprised mostly of...tanks.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why is his neck on fire?

That is a medal he was awarded for participating in a war.

Why is he wearing it on his neck?

Good question.

<_<

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Oh, so right click, excellent. One other thing; can I use enemy artillery? I captured and repaired a German 72mm gun but I can't seem to get my guys to use it. Or was it out of ammo? Man this is complicated.

Also, I just got smashed by the second Russian mission. They really like throwing you in at the deep end, with minimal anti-tank capability against a force comprised mostly of...tanks.

You should be able to use anything the enemy uses. If theres not any ammo, look for boxes nearby. Sometimes they will have ammo.

The key to winning the second mission is strategically placing tons of mines. Whenever the enemy is not attacking, grab a guy and lay more mines. Also, try to keep your AT guys alive. Their rifles have a hard time penetrating the tanks, but they can easily destroy treads. Its really fun to direct control them and immobilize all their vehicles.

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I call it Abraham Lincoln with a whipped cream tophat and a monocle shooting a terrorist with a ak47 in the name of freedom
    spoilered for h-scroll
    1zznl1.png

Honestly, that looks more like bin Laden than Lincoln. I question the degree of freedom being fired from that gun.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, now you guys are making me regret not grabbing Men of War when it went on sale.

Granted my backlog is absolutely absurd right now, so I could probably do with missing out on a few games.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Men of War is the definitive world war two rts. It's also really good against rts' in general.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A sequel is coming out soon and it will probably be $20 so waiting for that won't kill you.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Picked up MTG: Duels of the Planeswalker.

I've never played Magic before, and I know it doesn't have the ability to build your own deck, but for a newcomer like me, was this a solid purchase? Only $10 and Steam Achievements, I thought, 'what the heck!' and picked it up.

Kami on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    steam weekend deal just makes me realize that i own batman GotY

haven't started it yet due to Crack Effect 2 D:

Curly - this is exactly what I was thinking - I still plan a couple of runs and then there's the possibility of more bridging dlcs, so is it even worth getting any other games?

EDIT: @Kami, actually, the only other game than ME2 I've been playng is MTG duels of the planeswalkers. Just about casual enough to drop some hours into playing with. You picked up a good bargain.

envoy1 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone from the US want to buy Batman for me if I pay them by Paypal?

It's slightly cheaper in USD than GBP, and since I'm not going to be playing it straight away I'd prefer to save as much as I can.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/centipeed

Centipeed on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It might actually end up being the same or cheaper at the end of the year, if you're not going to be playing it straight away.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It might actually end up being the same or cheaper at the end of the year, if you're not going to be playing it straight away.

That's true. I'll wait and see.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I'm not buying anything anymore, waiting for xmas sales.

Alegis on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not buying anything anymore, waiting for xmas sales.
    This is the toughest part of the year, knowing how close you are to xmas, and realizing buying anything now would be silly despite wanting desperately to buy something.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Too bad we didn't choo-choose to keep posting train puns until the end.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    EDIT: Wrong thread...moving over to it

Hawk on
This discussion has been closed.