As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hum. Hoped Brock's striking defense had improved enough by now.

Ah well, still think I won the PAFC.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is it over? Is a winner declared?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So Cain v. Junior Dos Santos and Brock v. Mir? Should be good. Hopefully Brock bounces back.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    OMFG! That cut is fucking BRUTAL

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dayumn!

Well, so much for what I thought of Brock's cihn

BubbaT on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    pillowhands, huh?

Organichu on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    OMFG! That cut is fucking BRUTAL

God. They covered it up and it just opened itself up. Geez.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wow nice guy brock again
    i thought we were gonna get a reversal into jerkass brock after this

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What did Brock say? I turned it off right after.

Goose! on
    edited October 2010
    Wow, super classy Viking Brock. Good for you my friend, you really grew up.

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010
    Goose! wrote: »

Champions work hard and come back from losses. Cain was the better man today *Paraphrase*

Metal Jared on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

He expected nothing less of Cain, said Cain was better than him on the night and when asked if he was going to go back to the drawing board and learn from his mistakes said "That's what a champion does, right?".

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Holy shiiiit

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited October 2010

i knew i had a tough challenge ahead of me, congrats to cain... he was the better man tonight, what else can i say?

(then when asked if he'd go back to the drawing board and come back stronger: ) yeah, well, that's what a champ does, right?

Organichu on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    pillowhands, huh?
    You give Brock pillows, he lies on them.

Cain landed multiple concussive blows (plus a few to the back of the head) that left Brock stunned and dazed. He wasn't out, but Cain just didn't give him time to recover, despite Lesnar's effort to get away with a double ballet spin.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2010
    why is madsen still pudgy looking
    i thought becoming a pro fighter would make him work out some more

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    yes

those blows were concussive alright

Organichu on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rogan already trying to jinx Cain - "the beginning of a new era." Last guy he said that about was Machida after the Rashad fight

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010
    I wonder if the thought that went through Brocks head while Cains fists tried to do the same was:

"The beard! It does nothing!"

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

You would think the same about Big Country, but all he did was grow a mullet.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The tears of the Lesnar fans. So delicious.

doug_grammar on
    edited October 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

You would think the same about Big Country, but all he did was grow a mullet.

That's actually hair fat.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
    edited October 2010
    yes

those blows were concussive alright
    A ton of pillows will crush ya.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know what? I suspect Brock might have worked *too much* on striking this time and not enough on his wrestling. He unfortunately couldn't keep Cain down and welp.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jesus. I called everything wrong.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited October 2010
    i mean, is the new goal post unconsciousness? come on, man

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    Well he should try knocking someone at a high level out without landing a counterpunch on a power strike or without chasing down someone who's stunned by shots to the back of the head.

edited October 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    You know what? I suspect Brock might have worked *too much* on striking this time and not enough on his wrestling. He unfortunately couldn't keep Cain down and welp.

At this point I'm sure he doesn't need to work on his wrestling too much, he's already in the top .0001% of all wrestlers. I don't know how him working on wrestling more would have helped him. Maybe working on his Jits?

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010
    Pssst Joe! It's not "The Ultimate Warriors" it's "The Deadliest Warrior"!

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010
    B:L, do you want me to post the 720 degree spin Lesnar performed beautifully in order to win the Ice Skating Champ- I mean during the fight?

How about the gif in where you see Lesnar already dressed up for Halloween as the Kool Aid Man after the fight with the huge cut on his face?

... You know, I'll just link the whole fight in where Cain stands up from every takedown Lesnar does and basically takes Lesnar apart piece by piece.

doug_grammar on
    edited October 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

At this point I'm sure he doesn't need to work on his wrestling too much, he's already in the top .0001% of all wrestlers. I don't know how him working on wrestling more would have helped him. Maybe working on his Jits?
    He still needs to work on his wrestling. Randy outgrappled him, Cain outwrestled him, heck it seemed like Carwin even outwrestled him.

It's just the limits of Brock, and his ability to screw himself over. It happened in the WWF, it happened in the NFL, and now it happened here.

B:L, do you want me to post the 720 degree spin Lesnar performed beautifully in order to win the Ice Skating Champ- I mean during the fight?

How about the gif in where you see Lesnar already dressed up for Halloween as the Kool Aid Man after the fight with the huge cut on his face?

... You know, I'll just link the whole fight in where Cain stands up from every takedown Lesnar does and basically takes Lesnar apart piece by piece.
    He was spinning after an uppercut to the temple, after taking shots to the back of the head.

Glancing blows can cause cuts.

You should just link to the parts where Brock tries to recover but can't because of shots to the back of the head.

edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Well he should try knocking someone at a high level out without landing a counterpunch on a power strike or without chasing down someone who's stunned by shots to the back of the head.

so, eight (t)ko stoppages (out of nine matches), six first round, two knock outs of the night... and he hits with 'pillows'? the only reason he manages it is because he's a good counter puncher? because he hits a lot in rapid possession? because he has superior positioning?

that's quite a reach.

all of these things are fed by having some pep behind your strikes. there are plenty of fighters who have their haymakers countered all the time that don't result in KOs; the rapidity and positioning of the punches is often set up by, surprise, the previous punches.

if you sent a 'pillow handed' striker in there they wouldn't manage to stumble and stun half the guys they face in order to get those stoppages that are allegedly unrelated to the strength of his blows.

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    I got a better gif. Here's Cain punching Lesnar so much in the face, somebody actually has to come to stop the fight.

http://i51.tinypic.com/kcle91.jpg

doug_grammar on
    edited October 2010
    I got a better gif. Here's Cain punching Lesnar so much in the face, somebody actually has to come to stop the fight.

http://i51.tinypic.com/kcle91.jpg
    Do you have the gif of the right straight to the back of the head that sent him down there in the first place?

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    welp, that was a nasty cut.

Dynagrip on
    edited October 2010

so, eight (t)ko stoppages (out of nine matches), six first round, two knock outs of the night... and he hits with 'pillows'? the only reason he manages it is because he's a good counter puncher? because he hits a lot in rapid possession? because he has superior positioning?

that's quite a reach.

all of these things are fed by having some pep behind your strikes. there are plenty of fighters who have their haymakers countered all the time that don't result in KOs; the rapidity and positioning of the punches is often set up by, surprise, the previous punches.

if you sent a 'pillow handed' striker in there they wouldn't manage to stumble and stun half the guys they face in order to get those stoppages that are allegedly unrelated to the strength of his blows.
    He's a technical striker, not a power puncher, is the point.

Technical strikers can get knockouts too, yes.

edited October 2010
    man big night for SF bay area peeps
    giants to world series, cain champ

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010

that's quite a reach.

He's a technical striker, not a power puncher, is the point.

Technical strikers can get knockouts too, yes.

i'm not saying he has a dynamite right and that everyone should stay away from it and he should register his hands as destructive devices with the ATF

but he's not winning protracted, 3-rd decisions with good landing percentages. he's rendering dudes senseless. he's technically competent but he doesn't have 'pillow' hands. frankie edgar is an example of a pure technical striker; cain has both.

Organichu on
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That was a straight up rape. The last of the Vikings died today. RIP, Brock.

At least this means that Brock and Mir will probably have their rubber match.

You hear that, 'nichu? Frank Mir is going to get his ass beat by Brock one more time. :D

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited October 2010
    I'm not saying he has a dynamite right and that everyone should stay away from it and he should register his hands as destructive devices with the ATF

but he's not winning protracted, 3-rd decisions with good landing percentages. he's rendering dudes senseless. he's technically competent but he doesn't have 'pillow' hands. frankie edgar is an example of a pure technical striker; cain.
    The difference is that he's a technical striker at heavyweight.