As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    moleface wrote: »
    This fight is great, gonna be interesting to see how this one turns out, but I think we may have FOTN here

hey, you. what's going on in your sig.

Dynagrip on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    That was a straight up rape. The last of the Vikings died today. RIP, Brock.

At least this means that Brock and Mir will probably have their rubber match.

You hear that, 'nichu? Frank Mir is going to get his ass beat by Brock one more time. :D

sorry i think you mistyped 'frank mir is going to choke lesnar unconscious'

it's understandable, the keys are so close to one another

Organichu on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow, super classy Viking Brock. Good for you my friend, you really grew up.

it's called finally listening to your publicist. i doubt that he's a better person or anything.

Dynagrip on
    edited October 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    Rogan already trying to jinx Cain - "the beginning of a new era." Last guy he said that about was Machida after the Rashad fight

ha, i was thinking about that earlier. The Machida era was brutally short.

Dynagrip on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    i don't know what to tell you, b:l; you sound like someone who's never been punched in the face.

you can attribute it to 'he's heavier of course he knocks dudes out!!!', but it's such a silly cop out. there is being effectively outstruck, and being effectively outstruck by effective strikes. you can't realistically look at 8 dudes on their back, seeing stars, and go 'well he punched more accurately, but no worries because he's weak... but realistically do be worried, because since he weighs more than a lightweight his light strikes will still knock you out'

it's absurd bl

absurd

absurd

etc

Organichu on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alright, so Cain smacked Brock up, but didn't it seem like Brock gassed like 30 seconds into the fight? At that point, he hadn't exactly been blown up, and suddenly he was moving slowly and clumsily.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L, I found that gif in where Cain hit Lesnar in the back of the head.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1418q5l.jpg

... Whoops, wrong one.

doug_grammar on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L, do you want me to post the 720 degree spin Lesnar performed beautifully in order to win the Ice Skating Champ- I mean during the fight?

Only if you mix it in with other clips from Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo. I didn't know the B in Brock stood for B-boy. He must be part of the Brocksteady Crew.

BubbaT on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L, I found that gif in where Cain hit Lesnar in the back of the head.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1418q5l.jpg

... Whoops, wrong one.
    Don't worry I found it.

back03.jpg

The left hook to the back of the head that started it all. I'll add in more since you've requested them, give me a sec.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    That was a straight up rape. The last of the Vikings died today. RIP, Brock.

At least this means that Brock and Mir will probably have their rubber match.

You hear that, 'nichu? Frank Mir is going to get his ass beat by Brock one more time. :D

sorry i think you mistyped 'frank mir is going to choke lesnar unconscious'

it's understandable, the keys are so close to one another

Extrapolating any kind of Frank Mir win in a 3rd fight is pretty much admitting you didn't watch the first two fights. Like...at all.

Frank Mir will get into doggy style as soon as the fight starts so he doesn't waste any of Mr. Lesnar's precious time.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited October 2010
    B:L, you're going to need better examples than that to discredit Cain.

Here's my evidence.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2aevyft.gif

doug_grammar on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    You know what? I suspect Brock might have worked *too much* on striking this time and not enough on his wrestling. He unfortunately couldn't keep Cain down and welp.

At this point I'm sure he doesn't need to work on his wrestling too much, he's already in the top .0001% of all wrestlers. I don't know how him working on wrestling more would have helped him. Maybe working on his Jits?
    Better wrestling control might have helped ensure Cain just doesn't scoot right back to his feet immediately after a takedown.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know what? I suspect Brock might have worked *too much* on striking this time and not enough on his wrestling. He unfortunately couldn't keep Cain down and welp.

At this point I'm sure he doesn't need to work on his wrestling too much, he's already in the top .0001% of all wrestlers. I don't know how him working on wrestling more would have helped him. Maybe working on his Jits?
    Better wrestling control might have helped ensure Cain just doesn't scoot right back to his feet immediately after a takedown.

I understand that but I don't know how much more wrestling training a world class wrestler can get. I know you always train but he was a NCAA champion wrestler, he's an excellent wrestler I'm sure if he didn't even train wrestling once during his last fight camp, he would still be an incredibly high level wrestler

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    looking forward to watching Brock buzzsaw through the rest of the heavyweight division for a while

sup roy nelson

how you doin'

Pony on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hmm there are rumblings brock may have verbally tapped prior to stoppage :(

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    B:L, you're going to need better examples than that to discredit Cain.

Here's my evidence.

That is a fine example of how that last punch to the back of the head was the one that sent Lesnar down.

But since you insist... (and this is more of a discrediting towards Herb Dean)

Start of the fight:
    back01u.jpg
    Bleep.

back02c.jpg
    Bloop.

After Cain's takedown to take Brock's back:
    back03.jpg
    Pow.

back04f.jpg
    Wow.

back05.jpg
    Cow.

back06.jpg
    Bow.

Right after the ballerina roll:
    back07.jpg
    Plie.

Cain hits a knee that rocks Lesnar, but this is what sent him down:
    back08.jpg
    Plop.

Lesnar RECOVERS and gets back up, only to get met with:
    back11t.jpg
    Glop.
    (this one is MUCH clearer in the replay)

Time for some good clean GnP:
    back09.jpg
    Wait.

back10c.jpg
    Wait.

back12.jpg
    Wait.

So there you have it. Cain keeps Brock continually stunned via shots to the back of the head.

Ochu you sound like you've never been hit consecutively in the back of the head. Even pillow hands would put you down if that happened.

brock lesnar cain velasquez back of the head back of head ufc 121 cheap shot cheating

edited October 2010
    basically i want brock to fight nelson just for the visual

of brock lesnar

standing across the octagon

from roy nelson

Pony on
    edited October 2010
    b:l is the armond white of mma fans

Pony on
    edited October 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    b:l is the armond white of mma fans
    Because clear proof of shots to the back of the head is just acting contrarian.

Does that make you Cecil Peoples then, as a deplorable judge? Those are clear shots to the back of the head and I was counting them as the fight rolled on. Brock has a solid chin but shots to the back of the head would stun anybody.

• [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Brock is best guys, just believe this fact.

Also, Tycho, if you're sure care to sig bet over it?

Damn.

I'm not a betting man, and had Brock not been so recklessly aggressive so early in the fight I think this could have gone differently (at least getting out of the first round anyway). Still, damn.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Found the replay, so clearer shots of the ending.

The back of the head shot that sent Lesnar down for the final time:
    back11b.jpg

The back of the head ground shot which kept him down finally, after a few hammafists to the back of the head before that:
    back12c.jpg
    back12b.jpg

edited October 2010
    b:l i think you're going to need animated gifs to make your case

blurry, still jpgs is not going to be very believable

Pony on
    edited October 2010

I've detailed where they occured and the fight clock is visible. You can find the vid yourself.

But since you insist on an animated gif, here you go. Take a close look at the shot at the end.

edited October 2010
    never change, B:L!

Dynagrip on
    edited October 2010
    actually, that was a back of the head shot in that gif.

edit: eh, it's pretty close to the temple. i dunno.

Dynagrip on
    edited October 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    never change, B:L!
    Well you know me, I always fight for the truth, even when others don't want to believe it.
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    actually, that was a back of the head shot in that gif.

edit: eh, it's pretty close to the temple. i dunno.
    Corresponding jpg:
    back08.jpg

That is not the temple.

• Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »

I've detailed where they occured and the fight clock is visible. You can find the vid yourself.

But since you insist on an animated gif, here you go. Take a close look at the shot at the end.

I agree that gif clearly (to me) shows a shot behind Brock's left ear

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
    edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »

I agree that gif clearly (to me) shows a shot behind Brock's left ear
    It's his comeuppance, Lesnar beat Randy Couture with a shot behind Couture's left ear (sure Lesnar lost to Mir the first time because he was stood up due to punches to the back of the head, but karma rolls in waves).

The point is that these kind of shots in no way shape or form can define a person's chin or a person's punching power.

And that the UFC is rigged because Herb Dean absolutely refused to warn Cain even once.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was happy, most of the people I was cheering for won! The Lesnar v Cain fight was amazingly brutal. The wound on Lesnar's face was D:

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited October 2010
    I was happy, most of the people I was cheering for won! The Lesnar v Cain fight was amazingly brutal. The wound on Lesnar's face was D:

it kept winking at you!

Pony on
    edited October 2010
    Hahah, maybe you should join our PAFC league, Cass. :lol:

Yeah that wound wasn't the prettiest thing, especially since they did a close up of it as the doc tried to close it and it popped back open. D:

edit: Oh, and get well soon... hope your injury isn't that severe.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It kinda sucks that jerk Lesnar seemed unbeatable and classy Lesnar gets pounded,

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Should have taken that bet, Reznik.

My other thought about this fight was that if they couldn't close that wound on Brock's cheek during the post-fight, what were the chances of them doing it between Round 1 and 2? I'm thinking the fight would have been stopped by doctor stoppage anyways even if Brock had lasted of the round.

Also, Kampmann got fucking screwed. He out worked, out wrestled and out struck Shields. That decision was some wackass bullshit.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2010
    kampmann was fucking robbed

Pony on
    edited October 2010
    kampmann was fucking robbed

nah, i think 2-1 shields was the right call. kampmann should have like, not gone to shields' strength in the last round and instead punched his face in.

Dynagrip on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shields did absolutely nothing in that fight other than lay on him. This fight was a perfect example of what's wrong with UFC scoring.

Cabezone on
    edited October 2010
    That's right. At least Sonnen has the decency to throw pillow hands while on the ground.

Shields was completely exhausted, showed more signs of damage, and didn't do anything except threaten Kampmann with the body triangle in the 3rd round.

Shields obviously demonstrated more control, but this guy was eating hard knees to the face, and was constantly losing his dominant positions.

I was impressed by Court McGee. The man bounced back quite well from the adversary again. The Tito/Hamill fight was underwhelming, but the outcome was expected. I would've gave the fight of the nigh to Cain for putting such a devastating show, but since he's already getting knock out of the night, it's only right that Sanchez/Thiago get it. Diego's screaming takedown will definitely be in the highlight reel, and his last ten second flurry was sick. Never seen Thiago get out-classed like that so badly. Sanchez's showing a real future in the WW division, and I think if he fought Hathaway again the outcome would be much different.

doug_grammar on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L and I finished top two for points again.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bah, if I didn't stick with that joke Tito pick, I would've been in first for the event.

I shall have to console myself with the PAFC trophy.

Couldn't catch B:L's insane lead in the overall Points Leaders for the season, but at least I passed adytum to take 2nd. :^:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L

you do realize he's aiming at am an who is ducking down and moving away right? It's like saying that if someone decides to turn and run as a punch is being thrown at them the other fighter should be penalized for hitting them from behind. None of those shots were flagrant. They were all aimed at the side of the head in most instances.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png