As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 [chat]term Elections, or: Batman Was Right

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    although I am considering just saying I want to quit as soon as possible and see if they'll let me go without working another month

I could be a dick and go "So yeah you'll have to find someone to cover some shifts as 25% of your daytime workforce (me) is not going to come to work anymore. See ya! PS: Not going to bother with the one month thing since you cuntflaps were unable to give me a bloody contract to sign."

but that would hardly make for a good reference, so

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I want this.

c-pc-1.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The hell is that?

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2010
    moniker wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Do you want it to be kind of fancy, or are you just aiming for [__]-monkey work where the effort isn't warranted?

I literally just want the bare minimum, mind numbing work to do so I have money for college and other such things. I've not eaten this week during the day because of a lack of money, so I figure that that needs fixing.

Then there should be templates in Word that you can fill out which would fit the bill. They mostly just have a couple sections. Start with your Education, then your Work Experience (most recent to oldest), Skills, and then a line saying 'References available upon request.' Since it's for shit work just keep it to a page.

Are you sure the places you're looking at don't have online applications where this is all mooted anyway?

all of the online things I applied have you spend ages filling out a form with all your information that is in a CV, then attach your CV

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Right, there's an online form for one of the shops so I'm going to fill that out and hand that in. About a page of it is "previous employment", but I figure I can just leave it blank.

Aldo on
    edited October 2010
    Right, there's an online form for one of the shops so I'm going to fill that out and hand that in. About a page of it is "previous employment", but I figure I can just leave it blank.

What kind of work are you trying to find? Basic grunt work where you have to have a pulse?

Write a CV and an application, print it and go see them in person.

EDIT: And sign up everywhere, of course.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    although I am considering just saying I want to quit as soon as possible and see if they'll let me go without working another month

I could be a dick and go "So yeah you'll have to find someone to cover some shifts as 25% of your daytime workforce (me) is not going to come to work anymore. See ya! PS: Not going to bother with the one month thing since you cuntflaps were unable to give me a bloody contract to sign."

Yeah, I don't think anyone has ever, ever regretted leaving a job on decent terms rather than burning bridges.

desc on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think anyone has ever, ever regretted leaving a job on decent terms rather than burning bridges.

I don't regret burning bridges in one particular case. Said employer was, however, psychotic and most of the people whom I would be approaching for another job would have known that.

japan on
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »

It does mean I have to work here for a full month more, though

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    frosteey i'll play with you if you haven't queued yet : (

i am play

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i will play too! i am booting to winnows

Casual Eddy on
    edited October 2010
    and burning not only bridges, but the whole fucking place down is becoming tempting

I mean, it'd be pretty awesome

open the tanks

let it evaporate for a while

the diesel I'd have already let flow everywhere

timed trigger

find a nice spot with an overview

picnic, maybe

bring a date

then

watch the fireball

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited October 2010
    feel the fireball

I mean

what kind of fireball would umpteenth thousand litres of gasoline make?

A: A very awesome one

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    I uh what I don't even
    A four-month-old baby is dead and 10 other people are injured in the small town of La Verriere, west of Paris, France after they jumped out of their apartment's third-storey window after believing to have seen the devil.

"Thirteen people were in an apartment (watching TV) on the second floor when, at around 3a.m., one of the occupants heard his child crying," Odile Faivre, the deputy prosecutor in Versailles told Sky News. "The man in question, of African origin, who was completely naked, got up to feed his child, at which point the other occupants took him for the devil."

The man, 30, was stabbed in the hand and thrown out of the apartment. When he tried to barge back into the flat, the other occupants began jumping out of the window.

Police are questioning the man as well as another occupant who jumped out the window holding a two-year-old girl. The baby died after being admitted to a children's hospital. It is unclear whether the occupants voluntarily jumped or were forced to.

The Sydney Morning Herald also reports that investigators found no evidence of hallucinogenic substances in the apartment.

Echo on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    hay guys

lookin for more lols

PIH and i have a lobby goin

don't make us public queue

don't make us do it

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    where does Neil Gaiman get all his fairytale/folklore

dude knows his shit

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited October 2010
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TL DR on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I take soft bread baked with garlic, cut it up a bit, butter the pieces, and stick it in the oven for 20ish minutes at 350, will that taste good?

Captain Carrot on
    edited October 2010
    If I take soft bread baked with garlic, cut it up a bit, butter the pieces, and stick it in the oven for 20ish minutes at 350, will that taste good?

So, uh, garlic bread? I would think so.

japan on
    edited October 2010
    Watching old venture brothers is always a good time.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I'd broil it for 5-10 instead.

Also, Mmm bagel and chili.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo

Sand art which beautifully depicts the (I think) WWII invasion of Ukraine.

TL DR on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh sweet my friend's fiancee's cat is alive (another cat was found killed, likely by coyote next to their house, their own cat had been gone for 36 hours which was not normal) AND they just invited me over from brunch (read: mimosas).

And then I meet up with the guys later for Descent time to get my dungeon crawl on. Last week my roguey dude shanked up and perma-killed the DM's pet lieutenant, so I think this week he will be out for blood.

desc on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh yeah, you should broil garlic bread. And not for too long so keep an eye on it.

Sarksus on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wazza, homps?

Passerbye on
    edited October 2010
    Venture Brothers. Good stuff.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited October 2010

I already saw this, put in "farting Jesus".

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Or boil it if you're feeling adventurous.

Sarksus on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That Earthbound thread in H/A just got me listening to a ton of music from the games. The end boss theme was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwzRz4mKes

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited October 2010
    "So you're giving up any pretense of actually teaching us?"
    "Yep!"

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My favourite way to make garlic bread is to make a garlic butter mixture with a head of roasted garlic and then spread it on bread to broil after.

Roasting the garlic takes some time, though. You have to cut the end off one side so the cloves are exposed and give it a bit of olive oil, then put it in the oven for half an hour or so. 400 degrees is probably good, you want the garlic to feel soft and the cloves should squeeze out of the head easily.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    family weekend

so draining

not looking forward to 5 hour drive to get home either :(

skippydumptruck on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    30 minutes is taking some time?

Huh. It's times like this when I realize how often I cook fancier things.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2010
    I never bother cutting the bulb if I'm making roasted garlic, I just stick the whole thing in there.

japan on
    edited October 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    30 minutes is taking some time?

Huh. It's times like this when I realize how often I cook fancier things.

Compared to 5-10 minutes of just broiling a loaf of garlic bread, kinda. I usually just hop away from the oven and use a timer though if all I'm making is the bread.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited October 2010

the young girl with letter -> old woman with letter

holy shit

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh sweet zombie jesus that was delicious

went with 5 minutes

Captain Carrot on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I always forget what broiling means. It's a horrible word none the less.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I always forget what broiling means. It's a horrible word none the less.

It means grilling, so far as I understand.

"Grilling" to an american is something more akin to barbecuing, I think.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.