As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets Play Fort Zombie!: "Come and get it! It's a running buffet!" (UP: 4/26)

124»

• Options
    MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Death toll is like.. 5 or 6 now. I lost count. FTL.
    New set will be up late tonight/tomorrow.

Fucking fast zombies + shitty aiming = ANGRY MIFIO!

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So, an explanation of why no videos cropped up. For some reason, I got more viruses, I suspect it was from an email I recieved a couple days ago. One of those badly written emails. Well. I meant to click the one above it, and double clicked THAT email. Suddenly, a download starts, a 10 kb download, nothing major. I scanned my computer, nothing cropped up. So I leave it at that.

About an hour later. I get a single virus detection from defender pro, saying ti blocked a virus, i scanned again, deleted it. However, my internet became exTREMEly slow. To the point I could not connect to any sites. So I was forced to use my sisters lap top if I wanted to surf the web. My computer was acting fine, minus the connections issues. Jump to today. I turn it on, and I'm immediately accosted to DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!DP has blocked a virus!
    I flip out, try scanning, wasn't able to, tried connecting to firefox, but i couldn't load a page. Thus. I was forced to reformat. I have absolutely NOTHING on my computer now, besides Firefox and a shitty virus detection program (Norton, 30 day free trial.) And until I reinstall Steam, Fraps, Audacity, Windows Movie, Fort Zombie. And since the reformat, that means I have to start over from the beginning of Fort Zombie. Hopefully things will go better this time around.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Son of a ...

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KungFuChedderKungFuChedder Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Hey! I'm liking your LP, i have been following on YouTube and signed up to this site to find out whats going on!
    Well, the news kinda sucks, but in my opinion I wouldn't mind you starting over, the games map and missions randomizes everytime, and you have learned some things from the first time. Maybe you could make a quick video (WMM Style) explaining what has happened to all the YouTube fans, but that is all up to you. Here's hoping!
    BTW: My YouTube username is noobtoob100, I recently subscribed.

KungFuChedder on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As much as I know bringing up old posts is bad. I FINALLY got off my ass, and re-downloaded it, and heres what I plan to do. I will start with the same class and fort. Do four missions, and where ever I am at that point is where we will continue. sorry for the delay. I know a lot of you expected stuff a lot sooner. And yes. It is entirely my fault. I had the ability to actually re-download the game, and fraps, and get started again. But I waited. My apologies to everyone.
    As of right now, I am literally starting the game up again. New videos should be up by sunday.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Updated again, its been a while, and its only like... 14 minutes long, but what the hell. I'll try to get another set up by midweek/thurs/fri.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dumbmanexdumbmanex Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The 70 year old man tripping while jumping out the window was nice, I'm amazed he didn't get chewed on while you were off fetching duder from the house.

dumbmanex on
    Shark it up! Action/Arcade = The Great White Destroyer (August sale, half off! ShaShaShaShaShark Month!)
    Snowballs in peril! Action/Puzzle = Snowball's Chance E1 (it's free now!)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. The kid actually took the most damage. Oh well. The kids pretty much worthless, only good for morale. The 70 year old black man however, is somewhat useful, so I'm glad he didn't get eaten.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KorlonKorlon Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    I just got this game a few days ago and found this thread through your youtube videos. I've played about 3 games so far, but never to completion. The first two were just trial games. On my third game, I'm also in the prison fort So, some things I wanted to comment on.

1. You can press the E key to open and close doors. I find you awkwardly right clicking those doors on every video. Don't really have time for that when you got zombies on your tail. E is much quicker.

2. Don't bother looking through regular houses. As a rule, they'll have nothing good in them. They may hold a few pieces of food, but only very seldomly. Not worth it. The houses that are barred, though, usually have something in a chest on the second or third floor. There's a relatively moderate chance of finding ammo or a gun in these houses.

3. The best places to loot seem to be as follows:

Haymaker's Sporting Goods: That back room 9 times out of 10 has a couple boxes of ammo. Really useful. There's also a shelf with medicinal supplies that seems to also be there 9 out of 10 times.

Kerberos: You can always find this place next to a water tower. If you see a water tower on the horizon, go towards it. There are always guns in this place. Check out the fridge and desks.

Trigger Guard: Usually a ammo boxes here and there. I believe there are also two desks in one of the corners. I have found guns in those desks in high frequency.

Row of Triage Tents: There's pretty much always medicinal supplies in the furniture there. There are also always two army trucks in front of it. One has an ammo box in the back with a high frequency of carrying guns and ammo. The other has military rations in it. As a rule, always search army trucks.

Church: There's sometimes a pile of dead bodies in the back of the church. I think it may have to be a burnt church, but I'm not sure. There's very often an Uzi and bullets in that pile from my experience

For food, just go anywhere really. There's always food somewhere. Best places to go would be those supermarkets. I don't find enough in the gas stations and little diners to warrant searching. The drink machines are crap since the sodas only give 1 food unit for 4 inventory spaces. Take them if you have space though.

If you want supplies for traps, obviously Hammertime. I've only gotten two trap plans so far and I haven't seen how they work yet. You'll also find a shed sometimes with one searchable thing in the back. That usually gives a ton of trap stuff.

If you want fuel, search army jeeps.

4. Stash your junk. Stop taking all your ammo and guns with you. I find it best to just take a shotgun and a good pistol like a beretta or glock. Take about 2-4 boxes of ammo for each gun. Then take a melee weapon if you're good with them though I wouldn't bother; it's hard to heal yourself in this game. Put everything else in the fort inventory. You want enough room to take everything you find with you. If you take a companion with high spot, it's very easy to find enough stuff to use up all of your inventory. If you want to keep a rifle on you, it's fine too I suppose.

5. Never, ever leave a survivor or yourself with no tasks. Always be doing something. Don't put yourself as raiding party. You're always in the battle so there's no point putting raiding party task on your character. Stick him as a doctor or nurse or carpenter.

6. I'm still about 5 days away from the final battle. My first idea was to stick two rows of barricades in the prison room with all the cells. The barricades will all be on the first floor of the room and my survivors will all be behind it either standing on the tables or on the ground. Then I wondered whether the zombies would even be able to find themselves over there.

Second idea would be to just barricade the front door and stick all my survivors behind that desk, barricading everything else in that room. It worked for the midgame zombie fort battle, but I don't know if the zombies will come in the same spot for the final battle.

Probably the most cheesy idea would be to stick all the survivors on the front wall with the gate leading to the prison. I got good weapons for all of them. AI's good with shotguns and rifles apparently. They suck with pistols. I haven't seen if they're good with automatic weapons yet. So this configuration's what I'm going to use at the last battle. I just stuck barricades on the stairs leading up to the walls and on the wall itself.

7. Always have a doctor and a nurse. You need the extra healing every day.

8. When you get to the target of the supply or weapon mission, always search everything in the area there. There's always extra stuff that doesn't instantly pop up with an exclamation point.

9. You should prioritize rescuing survivors over everything else. Then prioritize weapon missions. You can find food and medicine pretty much everywhere if you know where to find them. Bullets and weapons are much harder to obtain for all the survivors you'll have, and survivors, of course, don't even pop up outside of those missions.

Korlon on
  • Options
    DomovonDomovon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh this is interesting

Domovon on
    Don't make me turn this trike around:whistle: