As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WRAITH VICTORY!!!!!!!] KoPv.1: The Caves of Phalla

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As far as I know, !Tabasco is fine by me.
    Edit: I can't seem to get my color to work for some reason @ this computer, ah well.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anyone want to take bets on whether TS continues his gnome killing spree?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Edit: I can't seem to get my color to work for some reason @ this computer, ah well.

Will this help?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

Will this help?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Good enough for me.

I !retract OtakuD00D.
    I !vote Tabasco.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2007
    Good enough for me.

I !retract OtakuD00D.
    I !vote Tabasco.

Nooooooooooo, that means who he is going to auto kill. Don't waste your vote on someone who is already going to die!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Good enough for me.

I !retract OtakuD00D.
    I !vote Tabasco.

Nooooooooooo, that means who he is going to auto kill. Don't waste your vote on someone who is already going to die!

I !retract Saburbia
    I !vote CJ Iwakura.

CJ's close to dying anyways. With any luck he's something we need to kill. And damn it, I wish someone could Seer me right about now! There, happy now?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited May 2007
    !retract OtakuD00D

I don't care if he is a gnome/cultist. At least he knows what the hell is going on, so I'll keep him around for now. I'm tempted to vote for either Visible or CJ.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    I'm not killing Tabasco tonight...

I like to keep my kills mysterious, so I am not telling. Muahaha.

;P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2007
    I'm not killing Tabasco tonight...

I like to keep my kills mysterious, so I am not telling. Muahaha.

;P

You're having fun killing gnomes aren't ya? I want to be able to kill gnomes.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Digger Dude, Tabasco, and cj iwakura are all tied with three votes.

Lignisse, Celebrim, and OtakuD00D all have one vote.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well going by people who didn't vote for TehSpectre when he revealed himself:

Celebrim
    Mazlo
    Infidel
    Shamus
    OtakuD00D
    Munkus Beaver
    paranoia833

I'm sure most of them did it for what they thought was a valid reason (like me), but the cultist choosing to avoid possible retaliation might be in that list.

It seems to me !Shamus has gotten quiet since TehSpectre revealed himself. Could be any number of reasons, so I won't jump all over you for defending yourself, but its all I have right now. I have to agree with Ardor that I'd rather not take the risk on cj's claim. The sword-bearer or TehSpectre can if they feel he's lying.

If Digger Dude is retiring this night, then I also agree that I'd rather not waste a vote on him either. A slim chance of finding a gnome is better than nothing especially stacked up against the gnome's 100% chance of killing a "not-Gnome".

Celebrim on
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !retract Celebrim - mob justice is headed elsewhere tonight.

Instead, I !vote for Tabasco as that seems the most productive use of our collective boots. Punt!

However I am tempted to vote for OtakuD00D because potentially killing another race is bad for the tourists and good for the cultists. (But if CJ Iwakura is telling the truth, its likely the cultist will kill him tonight anyways since that gets them a step closer to victory. I'd be surprised and suspicious if CJ Iwakura is alive tomorrow)

Edit: Colors for great justice!

Mazlo on
    edited May 2007
    Is there any reason for voting for Tabasco.. actually, I guess all the votes right now don't have any real reason to them. People have become really inactive here. :(

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oooooOOOOoooo

Just as well, I guess, my mind's been all over the place.

Kill the rest of them damn dirty gnomes!

oooOOOOoooo

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Celebrim makes a damn good point. Shamus was active but once TS came public he's been more quiet.

I !vote that Shamus should die!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    I believe the idea behind punting Tabasco is that he is just active enough to avoid being on the "will die due to inactivity" list. And that makes him suspicious.

As far as Shamus, I have no idea but if memory serves this is not the first time Shamus was active then not: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=14861&page=14#331 (I don't know - I didn't play in that game, just read the narration and it seems death by anal wound is the standard response to inactivity.)

Mazlo on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sorry, I've been a bit busy work wise.

Your logic is a bit suspect though - why would I vote for TehSpectre, with the knowledge it will kill me? Sure, this could implicate me, but TehSpectre was saying he was going to work with us. I wanted to see if he would, before pointing fingers. Since then he's served us nothing but gnomes.

Shamus on
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I admit that I have been fairly inactive. This mostly has to do with me working and Mother's Day, but I can't blame you guys for thinking that I look suspicious. This is my first Phalla as well, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Do as you will, but you're killing one of your own for the record.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    So Threelemmings, digger dude, minigunwielder, and visiblehowl look like good targets to me. I know they've been listed as inactives, but I'd rather cover the bases and losing them alongside of getting other kills may cost us a day. Besides, it's possible they may post enough to stay alive today, so we've decided to play it safe.

!I vote for digger dude

I can change my vote if you guys feel we should look towards someone else on that list.

I !vote for Ardor.

Voting for inactives this late in the game is a rotten strategy. If one of them decides to post at the last minute to save himself then sure, that's suspicious, but as it stands a vote for them is a waste. There's only a few more days left no matter what, and throwing tonight's vote away just for the chance of maybe getting an extra day is a bad idea. Moreover, it's not the kind of plan I'd expect from you. On its own it might not be enough to vote for you, but combined with everything else I can't think of a better target.

I am, or rather was, the vigilante. Last night I contacted Ardor and told him that I was planning to kill DevoutlyApathetic. His response felt... off.
    Ardor wrote:
    Cantide wrote:
    Ardor wrote:
    Cantide wrote:
    I'm not a special or a nonhuman, but I do have this really neat knife. Unless you have known baddies or DevoutlyApathetic is part of your network, I'll be killing him tonight.

Sounds good to me. I don't know what he is.

If he dies by knife tonight, I'll bring you into the small group I've got going on tomorrow, that fine?

If you think it's safe, sure, but remember that by now there's no guarantee item holders are humans. There's an excellent chance the gnomes have picked up an item or two while they've been massacring us. If it helps, I can give you my targeting logic for all of the people I killed.

I already know where half the items left are, I don't really need any reasoning behind your targets. We've only got a few days left to win or lose heh.

First he forgot that item holders != innocents. When I offered to provide information to help confirm my identity, he didn't think I should bother. And after I killed DevoutlyApathetic as promised, I received no response from him, positive or otherwise. I did, however, get a message from Gnasty.
    Gnasty wrote:
    After the usual night of chaos, you wake up to notice that you no longer have your sword. Oh well, killing people every day was getting tiring anyway.

The timing was too close to ignore. It made sense for Ardor's group to take the knife and give it to an confirmed innocent, but I wanted to confirm that.
    Ardor wrote:
    Cantide wrote:
    Gnasty wrote:
    After the usual night of chaos, you wake up to notice that you no longer have your sword. Oh well, killing people every day was getting tiring anyway.

I really hope the thieves are in your network. Oh well, at least I managed to kill a Gnome.

I hope so too, I'm pretty sure I don't know where one of the magnets is. We've supposedly got two natural thieves and the guy who stole my shield from the start.

Instead of admitting that stealing my knife was easier than trusting me, he brushed off my implicit question, not telling me if he was responsible for the theft or not. It was at this point that I realized the chance of Ardor being a monster was too great. He'd provided no real proof of his identity after all. In a game like this, where there are very few confirmed roles, it's easy to claim you've been contacted and verified. It would be an ambitious strategy, but Ardor's known for taking risks like that. I decided a test was in order.

Knowing that the cultists/gnomes couldn't have more than one trusted ally, I asked to him to have two people in his network contact me. If they told me that Ardor had been verified, I was willing to trust him. It was a small price for him to pay; even if I was evil trading two innocents for one monster is an excellent deal at this point in the game.

Ardor refused, claiming that he had no problem with it himself, but that his compatriots weren't active enough to send me a single PM. He also mentioned in passing that he had struck up an alliance with the gnomes, something he's failed to mention anywhere in the thread after making the initial offer.

At this point, I'm betting that Ardor is a gnome himself. He's been focused on finding the cultist since day one, bemoaning that we may be a single kill away from a cultist victory and urging us to take on the gnomes after the cultist is neutralized. He also had a nice public fight with DevoutlyApathetic, who seemed convinced Ardor was a monster, and then decided less than 4 hours later that he'd been wrong and Ardor was fine. This is an excellent tactic for monsters, acting like enemies in public in case one gets caught.

Finally, adding more weight to my theory is TehSpectre's post last night:
    Celebrim wrote: »
    I think TehSpectre mentioned that Munkus was his target unless he posts an update.
    I am killing someone else, I posted this earlier in an edit. I just did not say who and no one gave me anybody to kill off in a PM, so I am trusting my own judgment.

Edit: Also @ DA - I have had conflicting reports of networks PMing me so far. We'll see what needs to be done as time goes along.

Conflicting networks suggests that someone's lying.

tl;dr - Ardor's a big fat gnome faker, let's kill him.

Cantide on
    edited May 2007
    Narration will be a little late tonight. Voting still closes at 11.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    re: Cantide

An interesting theory, I haven't attempted to contact Ardor but have little reason to contact him or trust him. Although, I may be tempting fate here by styling Drez-like, networks have little to gain from vanillourists like myself.

Its too late in the voting to do anything about Ardor's potential monsterness now but I think the most telling clue will be (like in CJ Iwakura's case) whether or not cultists have targeted Ardor. Tales about night one shield antics remind me of Squashua's registered shield mutant antics but without more nights, we've got little to go on.

Then again, maybe Ardor's honest and you, Cantide, are dirty and attempting to deflect the tourist's attention to a "known" innocent.

Who knows? Its the way of the Phalla. See you later Tabasco, I guess (I think that's right.)

Mazlo on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Interesting, Cantide. I eagerly await the results of the narration. I think you're mistaken, but arguing about it right before we get a whole bunch of potential evidence either way would be kind of silly.

I was on waiting to see if anyone became more suspicious-looking than Tabasco, but no, not really.

Lignisse on
    edited May 2007
    I forgot what happens in a tie, but !retract cjiwakura.

And, I !vote Digger Dude.

Tabasco on
    -Oscar Wilde
    edited May 2007
    Tabasco wrote: »

Voting closed 52 minutes ago.

Narration will be up in five minutes or less.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Tabasco wrote: »

Voting closed 52 minutes ago.

Narration will be up in five minutes or less.

Wow, I guess this is a lame way to learn not to confuse mountain and central time zones. :P

Tabasco on
    -Oscar Wilde
    edited May 2007
    After stoning innocents to death for four days in a row, the tourists really hoped that they would get lucky and kill one of their enemies instead. And they did. The stoning of Tabasco revealed him to be a Gnome and everyone was very happy about that.

The rest of the day wasn’t so great. Mazlo and OtakuD00D were hauling away the body of Tabasco when it exploded, instantly killing them. TehSpectre must have gotten bored with killing living people, because he decided to use his powers to turn Mazlo's corpse into a morbid puppet for entertainment purposes. The charred, one-armed pseudo-zombie scared quite a few people, but after a few minutes TehSpectre tired of his new toy and made the corpse explode in a fantastically disgusting fashion.

The cultist must have been in a good mood, because instead of setting someone’s tent on fire in the middle of the night he did it right before people started to fall asleep. Shamus probably didn’t appreciate being burnt to death, but everyone else was happy to know that their sleep wouldn’t be disturbed that night. The prospect of having a night of undisturbed slumber was so elating that they even didn’t care that the broken remains of the shield were found next to Shamus’s corpse. A few people noticed that Shamus’s body glowed the same blue color that Buzz Buzz’s body had, and a few others noticed that TehSpectre looked physically pained, but they were all pretty tired so they didn’t think much of it.

The tourists woke up to a few more corpses, but this time they were also greeted by messages scrawled in blood next to their respective victims. Cj iwakura had been gutted like a fish, and next to his body was the note “DEATH TO THE SHORTASS TOLKEIN REJECTS!” Grundlterror’s stab wounds formed a smiley-face, and next to his body was written “THE HOODED JUSTIFICER STRIKES AGAIN!!! Screw you DSDMT R'lyeh is like my goddamn toilet!” The tourists didn’t really understand the second note, but they were more upset that their stab-happy vigilante had killed a dwarf and had potentially brought them even closer to death by DSDMT.

…

Threelemmings, Digger Dude, and Minigunwielder had all been missing out on the craziness that had been occurring for the past five days. They were all severely addicted to the hallucinogenic fumes of the River of Really Bright Light and Hallucinogenic Fumes, and had been visiting the river of the Caves of Phalla for years. After the attack they had found a way back to the river and had been spent all of their time getting high. They may have missed out on the carnage caused by the Gnomes and others, but in the end it turns out that they were no safer than any of the other tourists. That day, while everyone else was dealing with the reanimated corpse of Mazlo, they had breathed in way more fumes than could possibly be healthy and decided to visit the Talking Stalagmites With a Very Dry Sense of Humor. Then, in their severely altered state, they decided that it would be great to sodomize themselves on the stalagmites. This actually turned out to be a pretty terrible idea, because once they sat on the stalagmites they were unable to get off of them and the stalagmites tore through their rectums and critically damaged a number of internal organs. They all wound up dead, pantsless, and with stalagmites up their asses.

THE DEAD
    Tabasco – Gnome
    OtakuD00D – Human
    Mazlo – Human
    Shamus – Human
    Cj iwakura – Dwarf
    Grundlterror – Human
    Threelemmings – Human
    Digger Dude – Human
    Minigunwielder – Human

The shield was destroyed this round.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    oooOOOooo

This was really fun for my first time doing a Phalla! Next time I'll be more active now that I have a better grasp of things. And I will also make sure to know my timezones.

oooOOOooo

Tabasco on
    -Oscar Wilde
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    OooOoo

Damn, if I knew I was with TehSpectre, I would've killed myself :P Good game guys, sorry I wasn't that active.

OooOooOOoo

Shamus on
    edited May 2007
    Wonderful.

2 of my 3 anchors have been killed. As I wouldn't mind pointing out at this point. I still think I've done well so far. I at least helped vote out Tabasco.

Luckily, the dwarf wasn't our last race and I am still invincible for (hopefully) a few more rounds; hell, for all I know, I anchored my final spirit to the last (I would think there is only 1 more) gnome or the cultist. xD That would be lucky.

I can only help you guys out a little longer, we need to step it up a bit.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ooOoooo

TOLD YOU

oooOooo

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    OoooOOoooo

Awesome, nothing but ghosts posting since narration!

OoooOoooo

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We're down to the wire here, folks.

At this point, I think randomly choosing peope to kill is a bad idea.

TehSpectre, do you know who the remaining good guy special(s) is/are?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2007
    OOOOoooOOO

Damn you for killing me, now I won't have anything to do at work tomorrow!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oooooooooo

Well, at least I wasn't mobbed in this game. :P Best o' luck.

Oooooooooo

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2007
    Hmm we have only 2 days left, there is still a gnome and a cultist out there.

The two random vigilante kills are interesting............

And the village got it's first monster kill too, yay!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Good morning Cantide.

For some reason, I don't know if we should trust item holders after day 1. Why? Humans started with items, but they could lose them very easily. with the amount of deaths going on.

You seem to be fighting that you should be counted as a human because you had an item. I don't think I can trust that at all.

!I vote for Cantide.

The people I don't know roles for are Cantide, Infidel and visiblehowl. It's highly likely our last cultist is one of these three. We will take care of two of them with kills tonight. Tehspectre can choose what he wants to do, but we'll take care of these three.

Everyone else has a very solid story backed up with evidence as to their claims.

Ardor on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Who knows if we can trust Cantide naturally, but Ardor hasn't really addressed his concerns. Ardor also never responded at all to my item claims, truthful or not.

Ardor is all sorts of suspicious to me now. I'd not bandwagon Cantide folks.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Who knows if we can trust Cantide naturally, but Ardor hasn't really addressed his concerns. Ardor also never responded at all to my item claims, truthful or not.

Ardor is all sorts of suspicious to me now. I'd not bandwagon Cantide folks.

Remember when I claimed I had the shield stolen from me night 1 and I was protected on night 2? Gnasty verified that only humans started with items. Here's my claim because the guy who protected me and stole my shield died last night. It's a pm from my buddy Shamus titled "Hey Captain America."
    Shamus wrote:
    You want your shield back? :P

I'm one of the three thieves. By chance you actually had an item for me to magnetize for myself.

You're welcome to trust me or not, but after night 1, itemholders could not be trusted. I've trusted only two item holders this game. Shamus and one other who's proven themselves otherwise.

You're welcome to kill me if you still think I'm your cultist or final gnome, it shouldn't effect the outcome of the game now.

EDIT: Infidel, you came to me yesterday claiming to have the magnet. I don't doubt you because that's the one item we didn't have accounted for. That doesn't mean you aren't the final cultist or final gnome though.

Ardor on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I merely posted that Cantide got fishy responses and so did I. I never claimed to be proven innocent because I cannot be.

I'm saying that you're suspicious, wrong about me, and possibly wrong about Cantide. And saying, don't bandwagon him yet.

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png