As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guild Wars 2 - BWE #3: 20-22 July - Return to FORT ASPENWOOD! - Release date: 28 August!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My password was a combination of 2 words that I thought had nothing to do with each other (then realized both could be found in the dictionary) followed by a number. Thankfully, it was a password that I only ever used for GW.

The IP address that my password was changed from was in Southeast Asia, and in talking with GW support they were able to confirm that it was a Goldseller that got my account.

So yeah, don't use dictionary words, and mix numbers in with the letters for more security.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    and finally, my Mesmer

brat.jpg

her name is Bratty Princess and I adore her, she's probably the character I PvP with most often

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I wish I'd been in to this back in the day. Getting the game and all the expansions now would be like $70 and I don't think it's worth all that

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zoel wrote: »
    viv all these screenshots of water make me think you nee d a new video card

your sugar dady is slackin

these pictures were taken about 4 years ago, dude

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I just logged in and someone I used to play with was on, he's telling me that currently you can make a lot of money by farming the Spectral Vaettirs in eye of the north for halloween candy :P

how does that make you money though?

people want the candy because if you eat ten thousand you get a Title, which translates to benefits in GW2 maybe

so they're willing to buy the candy off you
    which is only available at halloween and other holidays
    so you can find desperate people to buy lots of candy for lots of money

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    is 15k guild wars lingo for like, tier 7 or whatever World of Warcraft had when I quit

it's "ascended" armor

it's not tiered, all the stats are the same as regular armor

you just pay a bit more money (15k gold a piece) to have awesome looking armor

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    viv all these screenshots of water make me think you nee d a new video card

your sugar dady is slackin

these pictures were taken about 4 years ago, dude

you should make him travel through time and space he's into that anyway

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yeah all the stats are very uniform which is nice because you can have things that LOOK nice that have the same power level

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I just logged in and someone I used to play with was on, he's telling me that currently you can make a lot of money by farming the Spectral Vaettirs in eye of the north for halloween candy :P

how does that make you money though?

people want the candy because if you eat ten thousand you get a Title, which translates to benefits in GW2 maybe

so they're willing to buy the candy off you
    which is only available at halloween and other holidays
    so you can find desperate people to buy lots of candy for lots of money

holy shit I have like 50 candy canes

(I also logged in to find about 40 minipets waiting for me, as even my PvP characters got them for their birthdays)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't know if candy canes count as candy, actually.

this game is weird

unintentional on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so is this a game of pretty dresses on impossibly thin models? I might look into this.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    my mesmer and my monk are probably my favourite characters to play with at the moment

but I did reroll a warrior and an ele and they are trekking through low-level Ascalon and Nightfalla the moment

I don't think my warrior has even done Fort Ranik yet, and my ele's still on the island

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the candy cane is a lie

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    viv are any of your guys guys

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    okay I am being informed

that candy canes count towards the "Sweet Tooth" title

and for halloween there are drops for "Sweet Tooth" AND "Party Animal"

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Melding wrote: »
    so is this a game of pretty dresses on impossibly thin models? I might look into this.

yeah kinda

I'd go lez for my monk if she actually existed

the dudes are also all ridiculously buff unless you're an Elementalist or an Assassin at which point you look liked an emaciated 12-year-old boy

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Love dis game. I can help fools out with speglord shit after I get home from CA. Also maybe interested in that guild thing. Group of us should run gimmick HoH teams for fun sometimes.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    viv are any of your guys guys

nope

I hardly ever make male characters in games

I don't know why

I had one dude PvP character for a while, but he got deleted because I needed a new build

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I really hated the high level pvp in guild wars because you couldn't get a good team unless you were already ranked well, and you couldn't rank well or learn to play better unless you were on a good team

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    no chris save all your guild wars juices for 2 so that I may guzzle them

I don't understand this metaphor basically I want to play it with you

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    did you get any rare minipets?

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I really hated the high level pvp in guild wars because you couldn't get a good team unless you were already ranked well, and you couldn't rank well or learn to play better unless you were on a good team

this is why I want a guild that PvPs, because if you're guildmates they know they can take the time to teach you, which means you will play with them more often

that said I have my deer, and that gets me into enough teams I guess

I'm a pretty good RC monk when my ping is good... but I can never play WoH or Infuse because I lag a bit too much to catch a spike

pretty good Warrior and Mesmer though, provided interrupting <2-second skills isn't part of the build

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I had a macaw from the Deadmines

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yes! Two golds, two purples, and I have my Varesh from the NF CE.

Can you turn her in? Because shit I would love to be able to turn her in at HoM. Hmmmm.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

this is why I want a guild that PvPs, because if you're guildmate they know they can take the time to teach you, which means you will play with them more often

that said I have my deer, and that gets me into enough teams I guess

I'm a pretty good RC monk when my ping is good... but I can never play WoH or Infuse because I lag a bit too much to catch a spike

pretty good Warrior and Mesmer though, provided interrupting <2-second skills isn't part of the build

yeah I think I have like 60 fame or something, just gave up and went back to random arenas :P

unintentional on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wonder if i can remember my password to my account

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gw2 on a 130 inch 3dtv owned btw

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

jealous

so jealous

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    some of the highest ranked PvP players (phoenix /rank and all)... I found out they know almost nothing about the PvE side of the game

like, when the betas were out they always PvPed and when the game came out they played PvE for a while, got bored, and went back to PvP

since you can use combat faction to unlock skills, they never really needed to play it!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yes! Two golds, two purples, and I have my Varesh from the NF CE.

Can you turn her in? Because shit I would love to be able to turn her in at HoM. Hmmmm.

a clean Varesh might be worth quite a bit actually

because there's zero supply and probably a decent amount of demand

you don't get the actual minipet carried over from the looks of it, but if you put certain landmark numbers into the hall of monuments you get points toward your guild wars 2 account which give out rewards at certain point values or something

there's a thing about it on the gw2 website

unintentional on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Melding wrote: »

yeah kinda

I'd go lez for my monk if she actually existed

the dudes are also all ridiculously buff unless you're an Elementalist or an Assassin at which point you look liked an emaciated 12-year-old boy

Well, my love of pretty dresses is pretty well known, might have to look into scraping up some cash.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hahahaha my old guildmate who I was talking to plays League of Legends :P

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

jealous

so jealous

it was amazing

one of the most "wow" experiences of PAX for sure

and the skills all seemed really cool

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ghostly Hero minipet 5000k- 6500k

holy fucking shit

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

jealous

so jealous

it was amazing

I was actually pretty unimpressed with the elite skills they had available

they were both "turn into some sort of weather and move around for fifteen seconds"

which is COOL, but considering they're cutting down on the number of skills in the game, I hope there aren't many clones

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ghostly Hero minipet 5000k- 6500k

holy fucking shit

how the hell

those actually have a constant (admittedly low) supply, too!

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Eye of the North also has a Monty Python reference in it... Rabbit of Antioch

oh

and Nightfall has a Snakes on a Plane reference in it... the quest is called "Drakes on a Plain" and the "way" you finish it is basically right out of the movie

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    the skills are all incredibly balanced, even the elites

I really, really want to see what the skills in GW2 look like, because I quite like the ones in GW1

like if it does something impossibly awesome, it probably costs 25 energy and lasts like 5 seconds

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    is drakes on a plain the one where you get a scythe that's actually a banana on a stick

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

jealous

so jealous

it was amazing

I was actually pretty unimpressed with the elite skills they had available

they were both "turn into some sort of weather and move around for fifteen seconds"

which is COOL, but considering they're cutting down on the number of skills in the game, I hope there aren't many clones

I don't know I guess the last MMO I played was WoW, and it was a LONG time ago even then but the mobility aspect of GW2 was really neat to me

like even that elementalist flip-back skill was a departure from what I was used to

Faynor on
This discussion has been closed.