As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guild Wars 2 - BWE #3: 20-22 July - Return to FORT ASPENWOOD! - Release date: 28 August!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    is drakes on a plain the one where you get a scythe that's actually a banana on a stick

yes

that is precisely what it is

and then Koss starts bitching about the Balthazar-blasted drakes on the Balthazar-blasted plain

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I used the banana scythe with my mesmer and killed people with Illusionary Weaponry in the level 10 and under arena

unintentional on
    edited October 2010
    Also, Death Pact Signet is forever my favourite skill

unintentional on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    every expansion has added something crazy to the skills mix

like Assassins could suddenly teleport to enemies or allies and they have to do their attacks in a certain sequence (lead, off-hand, dual, etc)

and Ritualist could summon spirits that not only gave buffs to the party but were half-decent tanks against NPC enemies

Paragons introduced the shouts/chants/echos

Dervish the multi-hit attack and the avatars

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    Also, Death Pact Signet is forever my favourite skill

I haven't gotten it yet :(

apparently it's super popular in PvP

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Gw2 on a 130 inch 3dtv owned btw

jealous

so jealous

it was amazing

one of the most "wow" experiences of PAX for sure

and the skills all seemed really cool

I was actually pretty unimpressed with the elite skills they had available

they were both "turn into some sort of weather and move around for fifteen seconds"

which is COOL, but considering they're cutting down on the number of skills in the game, I hope there aren't many clones

I don't know I guess the last MMO I played was WoW, and it was a LONG time ago even then but the mobility aspect of GW2 was really neat to me

like even that elementalist flip-back skill was a departure from what I was used to

what skills was that flip-back one?

like a lot of people hear the 8-skill limit and go "what ewwww" but they don't really consider that the guild wars skills aren't at all like the ones you see in other MMORPGs

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    The skill combo I came up with that I'm proudest of (not saying I'm the originator but I definitely hadn't seen anyone else use it) was

Grasping Was Kuurong (ritualist elite spell, makes you hold an urn that does nothing until you drop it, at which point it knocks down all enemies in the area and they take damage)
    Destruction (ritualist summon spirit, does nothing for 20 seconds then explodes, dealing damage proportional to how long it lived)
    Swap (assassin spell, makes you switch places with targeted spirit)
    Rupture Soul (Ritualist spell, target spirit explodes, dealing damage and blinding nearby enemies)

I'd put up the spirit of destruction, hold the ashes, run into an enemy group and Swap. You can't teleport while holding items, so it'd force me to drop the ashes, pinning enemies right next to where Destruction suddenly was. And then I'd blow it up

unintentional on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gw2 on a 130 inch 3dtv owned btw

jealous

so jealous

it was amazing

one of the most "wow" experiences of PAX for sure

and the skills all seemed really cool

I was actually pretty unimpressed with the elite skills they had available

they were both "turn into some sort of weather and move around for fifteen seconds"

which is COOL, but considering they're cutting down on the number of skills in the game, I hope there aren't many clones

I don't know I guess the last MMO I played was WoW, and it was a LONG time ago even then but the mobility aspect of GW2 was really neat to me

like even that elementalist flip-back skill was a departure from what I was used to

what skills was that flip-back one?

like a lot of people hear the 8-skill limit and go "what ewwww" but they don't really consider that the guild wars skills aren't at all like the ones you see in other MMORPGs

the elementalist (I'm pretty sure it was the elementalist) had an ability that made him flip backwards like 15 feet, leaving a trail of fire that damages the opposition

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited October 2010
    what's the unique attribute each class has?

Strength, Expertise, Fast Casting, Energy Storage, Divine Favour, Soul Reaping...

I can't remember the ones for the other four classes

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    what's the unique attribute each class has?

Strength, Expertise, Fast Casting, Energy Storage, Divine Favour, Soul Reaping...

I can't remember the ones for the other four classes

Critical Strikes, Spawning Power, Leadership and Mysticism

unintentional on
    edited October 2010
    The skill combo I came up with that I'm proudest of (not saying I'm the originator but I definitely hadn't seen anyone else use it) was

Grasping Was Kuurong (ritualist elite spell, makes you hold an urn that does nothing until you drop it, at which point it knocks down all enemies in the area and they take damage)
    Destruction (ritualist summon spirit, does nothing for 20 seconds then explodes, dealing damage proportional to how long it lived)
    Rupture Soul (Ritualist spell, target spirit explodes, dealing damage and blinding nearby enemies)

I'd put up the spirit of destruction, hold the ashes, run into an enemy group and Swap. You can't teleport while holding items, so it'd force me to drop the ashes, pinning enemies right next to where Destruction suddenly was. And then I'd blow it up

oh nice nuke

what's the recharge time on it?

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    the elementalist (I'm pretty sure it was the elementalist) had an ability that made him flip backwards like 15 feet, leaving a trail of fire that damages the opposition

haha nice

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010

oh nice nuke

what's the recharge time on it?

I think it was like 20 seconds. It would either immediately win a random arenas fight or fail horribly depending on my teammates

I took a couple support spells in the other slots

unintentional on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GW2 was by far the best looking MMO at PAX.

rhylith on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am excited for Guild Wars 2 a whole bunch and I want to play the first one while waiting but I am broke! Maybe in a few months. It may go on sale on Steam again.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    is guild wars 2 actually going to be an MMO?

or will be more like... guild wars

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    now I'm wondering if I have any free trial keys lying anywhere

I should check

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    is guild wars 2 actually going to be an MMO?

or will be more like... guild wars

I don't know if it'll be possible to tell until the beta comes out

they've said that it won't be as instanced, so that sounds interesting

In the demo there were about twenty people taking on a big dragon but it wasn't clear if they were all supposed to be player controlled or if they were NPCs

unintentional on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be more persistent than the first game, yeah.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    man unintentional

that nuke thing would work in PvE as well

go Rt/E and drop Ice Spikes on them before you dive in

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    Yeah that sounds fun, want to try a mission?

unintentional on
    edited October 2010
    Seriously, anyone want to play?
    The daily Zaishen Mission is Sunjiang District (that one in factions with the four portals you have to close)

unintentional on
    edited October 2010
    oh I can't dude I'm at work!

but I pretty much play through the weekends and most of my evenings (provided I don't have homework)

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    Okay, I went through the Hall of Monuments Calculator (linked in OP).

Easiest titles to get are Eternal Hero/Protector of Tyria/Cantha/Elona... and by easy I mean it's actually feasible.

That, and armor. Looks like I'll be trying to rush my characters through to get various bits of armor. I reckon my Necro and Ranger are overdue for some 15k goodness so they're next in line.

Monument armor for my Neco and Ritualist and Assassin

Asuran for my Ranger

Gladiator for my Warrior

Luxon for my Elementalist

and my Monk won't get 15k armor because the only armor I like is what she's got

Vivixenne on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gosh darn it, trying to get the Hell's precipice mission for zaishin and I keep sucking! I beat it before, I just suck now.

RoyceSraphim on
    edited October 2010
    that one was a few days ago I think and I missed it

if you need someone to come with you though I think my Ranger and Mesmer have both been through it

Vivixenne on
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    According to the calculator my main is at 39. I'm pretty content to just let that sit there unless they announce something amazing for any slot 40 or over.

Perrsun on
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Perrsun, your sig is taller than my post.

HellaJeff on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hellajeff'd

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The worst verb.

HellaJeff on
    edited October 2010
    Perrsun wrote: »
    According to the calculator my main is at 39. I'm pretty content to just let that sit there unless they announce something amazing for any slot 40 or over.

wow

I'm at like

Vivixenne on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So you didn't add me to the OP Viv. What gives :|

Bendery It Like Beckham on
    edited October 2010
    because I didn't know if you wanted everyone to know your account name!

god

you try to be all sensitive and whatnot and psshew

Vivixenne on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    :D I'm doing the Halloween quests from the herald, would you please add me to this here list?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh hey I didn't notice this thread until now. I love me some Guild Wars and still play every now and then! Mostly been working on raising my Kurzick faction and buying amber so I can get my Kurzick armor statue, and also doing the War in Kryta stuff to get an Oppressor weapon.

Currently at 20 points for my hall! I'm determined to at least hit the 30 point mark.

Feel free to add me to the list! I'm always up for Guild Warsing and helping people do things. "Morroc Lenotre" is my main

e: oh shit, I totally forgot about the Halloween quests. I better get on that.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    edited October 2010
    :D I'm doing the Halloween quests from the herald, would you please add me to this here list?

oh they finally released the quests!

for two days it was non-stop WHERE ARE THE QUESTS WHO'S GIVING THE QUESTS

Vivixenne on
    edited October 2010
    Also, to people who have never Guild Wars'ed but want to after seeing this thread, you can actually get all three campaigns and the expansion for relatively cheap! Eye of the North is $8 on Amazon right now~ The Trilogy goes up and down, lowest I've seen it was around $25

Guild Wars Trilogy: http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Trilogy-Pc/dp/B001DI6O6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287991444&sr=8-1

Eye of the North: http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-North-Expansion-Pack-Pc/dp/B000RZKZPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287991444&sr=8-2

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    edited October 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Man I wish I'd been in to this back in the day. Getting the game and all the expansions now would be like $70 and I don't think it's worth all that

Dude all of it is like $40 on Amazon

Vivixenne on
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Man I wish I'd been in to this back in the day. Getting the game and all the expansions now would be like $70 and I don't think it's worth all that

Dude all of it is like $40 on Amazon
    Erics just posted links to said available prices too. :P

This game is awesome fun, honestly. If I hadn't played 1000+ hours and been a little burnt out, I would still be giving it a good run through at the moment.

Hell, I still periodically pick up my Ritualist to run through the Factions campaign I never finished.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
    edited October 2010
    Factions more like man this storyline makes no sense.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
This discussion has been closed.