As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All the threads appear unread!?

RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000Administrator, ClubPA admin
I've switched on the more accurate "database based" instead of "cookie based" read indicators.

This has caused all your threads to get reset, but once you get it corrected, it should be a net positive because this should be far more accurate reporting of thread read status.

There is a possibility this option will introduce too much load on the system and have to be turned back off, but I'm expecting it will be OK.

Ramius on

• RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited May 2007
    NOTE: you may notice that it DID NOT mark older threads as unread on you. This is part of the tradeoff of more accurate thread read status reporting. It only attempts to track threads within an 8-day window. So if you leave for 2 weeks, and then come back, it will only show you threads that have updated in the last 8 days.

Ramius on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    YAY! I've been hoping - cookie-based read markers are the bane of my existence...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Aww, and here I was hoping I found a new and exciting bug since I'm on a clean system with no previous cookies. :|

Echo on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Ditto.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    So.... everything is still marked unread in my "User Panel" screen after logging out and deleting all my cookies and then logging back in and looking at a few threads.

How do I fix this?

Squashua on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2007
    have you used the mark all thread read function?

Tube on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    That solved it. Now I only see 4 threads and they're ones that... have new messages since I kleecked Tools->Mark Forums Read!

Thanks, Tube!

Squashua on