As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That punch wasn't hard and didn't rock Brock and occurs often in GnP in general and often the only thing the ref will do in such a situation is say "watch the back of the head".

The only punch you guys should bother discussing is the one which actually dropped Brock. For your posting pleasure, here are the official rules in regards to rabbit punches (punches to the back of the head);
    No direct striking attacks are allowed to the spine or the back of the head. A direct strike is an aimed and executed attack to the area. The back of the head is considered the direct center of the head with 1’ inch of tolerance to either side.

I don't know how much one inch

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    i'm looking at that screen and i have no idea how people are saying that's clearly illegal

it looks like 3/4 of his glove is on brock's ear

Organichu on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    That punch wasn't hard and didn't rock Brock and occurs often in GnP in general and often the only thing the ref will do in such a situation is say "watch the back of the head".

The only punch you guys should bother discussing is the one which actually dropped Brock. For your posting pleasure, here are the official rules in regards to rabbit punches;
    No direct striking attacks are allowed to the spine or the back of the head. A direct strike is an aimed and executed attack to the area. The back of the head is considered the direct center of the head with 1’ inch of tolerance to either side.
    [citation needed]

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2010
    the official rules;
    NAC 467.7962 Acts constituting fouls. (NRS 467.030) The following acts constitute fouls in a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts:

1. Butting with the head.
    No use of the head as a striking instrument in any form is allowed.

2. Eye gouging of any kind.
    Intentional use of the fingers, thumb or chin as a gouging instrument will be considered eye gouging.

3. Biting.

4. Hair pulling.

5. Fishhooking.
    Any attempt by a fighter to use their fingers in a manner that attacks their opponents mouth, nose or ears, stretching the skin to that area will be considered “Fishhooking”. Fishhooking generally is the placing of fingers into the mouth or your opponent and pulling your hands in opposing directions while holding onto the skin of your opponent.

6. Groin attacks of any kind.

7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.

8. Small joint manipulation.
    Fingers and Toes are small joints. Wrists, Ankles, Knees, Shoulders and Elbows are all large joints.

9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
    All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm.

11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
    No directed throat strikes are allowed. Directed throat attacks would include a fighter pulling his opponents head in a way to open the neck area for a striking attack. A fighter may not gouge their fingers or thumb into their opponent’s neck or trachea in an attempt to submit their opponent. All arm chokes such as the Rear Naked, Guillotine, and bar arm are legal.

12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.

13. Grabbing the clavicle.
    This is viewed as another form of gouging. You may not attempt to use your fingers to gouge into or grab at the clavicle.

14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
    A downed opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. If a fighter is caught in a crouched position where the ring ropes or the fence is the only thing keeping the fighter from the ground the fighter will be considered a downed opponent. A fighter can be kicked to the body when they are on the ground.

15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
    A downed opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. If a fighter is caught in a crouched position where the ring ropes or the fence is the only thing
    keeping the fighter from the ground the fighter will be considered a downed opponent. A fighter can be kneed to the body when they are on the ground.

16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
    Stomping a grounded opponent is not allowed. Stomps can only be utilized in the standing position against another standing fighter.

17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.

18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
    Any throw that has an arc is a legal throw. A fighter may not pick up their opponent, invert them placing the fighter’s feet straight up in the air and their head straight down and pile drive their opponent into the canvas. When a fighter is using a takedown or a throw against their opponent they are allowed to throw their opponent to the ground without worry as to whether their opponents head makes contact with the canvas before another part of their body as long as they have not placed their opponent into the above stated pile driver position.

19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
    Any fighter who purposely throws their opponent out of the ring or cage shall be disqualified

20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
    A fighter may not control their opponent’s movement by holding onto their opponent’s shorts or gloves. A fighter may hold onto or grab their opponents hand as long as they are not controlling the hand only by using the material of the glove, but by actually gripping the hand.

21. Spitting at an opponent.

22. Engaging in any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an
    opponent.

23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
    A fighter may put their hands on the fence and push off of it at anytime. When a fighters fingers go through the cage and grab hold of the fence and start to control either their body position or their opponents body position, the referee shall issue a warning to the fighter to let go of the fence. If the fighter does not let go the referee shall attempt to quickly pull the fighter hand off of the fence. If this does not immediately work the referee shall issue a foul against the violating fighter. A fighter may not hold onto the ropes to gain an advantage over their opponent or to keep their opponent from being successful during a takedown attempt. The referee shall issue a warning to the fighter to let go of the ropes If the fighter does not let go the referee shall attempt to quickly pull the fighter hand off of the rope. If this does not immediately work the referee shall issue a foul against the violating fighter.

24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
    Fighters shall not entice their opponent with abusive language during the ring introductions or during the actual contest. The referee shall give (1) warning to the violating fighter and then issue a foul for every infraction there after.

25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.

26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.

27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of
    unarmed combat.

28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.

29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent,
    intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

30. Interference by the corner.

31. Throwing in the towel during competition.
    (Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n by R070-01, eff. 8-31-2001)

Stand-up Rule
    If the fighters while engaged in combat during the match go to the ground the following is to be followed by the referee before bringing the combatants back to the standing position.
    1. The referee shall give the combatants sufficient time to establish a dominant position on the ground.
    2. Once the fighters have shown that they cannot establish a dominant position against their opponent either through effective striking or body positioning and control, the referee shall advise the fighters to improve their position if they wish to stay engaged on the ground.
    3. Improvement of the position shall be determined by the fighter’s actions. The fighter in top position must either post up and begin leveling heavy strikes in a sustained and consistent fashion at his opponent, or move themselves to a more advantages position. A more advantages position would be considered, moving from your opponents guard into either half guard or side control. If this is accomplished by the fighter in the top position the fight will remain at its present position on the ground.
    4. If the fighter in the bottom position wishes to keep the fight on the ground after being advised by the referee to improve their position, the fighter must, attempt to place their opponent in an disadvantages position. Examples would include, placing your opponent into a hold that could lead to their submission. Such as, Triangle, Arm Triangle, Omoplata (Shoulder Lock), Kimura, Arm Bar, Etc.
    5. After being warned by the referee, if the fighters are unable to improve their position the referee shall stand the fighters and restart the fight from the standing position.

Submissions
    Mixed Martial Arts is unique due to the art of submission. Submissions can place a fighter in a dangerous position of receiving substantial damage to a joint or limb. Fighters need to understand that a fight will be stopped if it is known to the referee that a fighter has suffered serious damage to joint or limb from a submission hold.

1. The referee shall make it explicitly known to the fighters that severe injuries observed by the referee during the match due to a submission hold shall cause a stoppage to the match. The referee shall make it known to both fighters that they must take care to protect themselves from substantial and lasting injuries. If a fighter is placed into a submission hold that the fighter realizes is causing damage
    to the attacked body part of the fighter, the fighter can tap allowing the referee to stop the match.
    2. Any fighter who is placed into a submission hold may attempt in any legal fashion to free themselves from the hold. The referee will closely observe the hold and the defending fighter’s position and actions. If the referee observes that during the submission the defending fighter suffers a dislocation, or break to the attacked limb, the referee shall call a halt to the match and declare the opponent of the injured fighter the winner of the match

I figured I might as well post it all, since other things have been asked regarding MMA rules before as well.

As for the rabbit punch discussion, I don't know if this rule definition changes anything. Like I said, I' don't really have a firm grasp on inches and your crazy measurements

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    the official rules;

NAC

I figured I might as well post it all, since other things have been asked regarding MMA rules before as well.

As for the rabbit punch discussion, I don't know if this rule definition changes anything. Like I said, I' don't really have a firm grasp on inches and your crazy measurements
    What does the NEVADA Athletic Commission have to do with this?

edited October 2010
    They're the exact same

I didn't post this part;
    The entire section of the NAC concerning Mixed Martial Arts is based upon the unified Mixed Martial Arts rules as adopted by the commissions drafting them in 2001

It's all unified rules, as used by ufc and nsac

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    They're the exact same

I didn't post this part;
    The entire section of the NAC concerning Mixed Martial Arts is based upon the unified Mixed Martial Arts rules as adopted by the commissions drafting them in 2001

It's all unified rules, as used in the ufc and nsac
    Authorization of Alternate rules.

calbackofhead.jpg

"The back of the head is from one ear to the back of the other ear and as outlined in the diagram above."

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to watch some old epic fights so I can learn the big fighters better! What are some recommendations?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Youtube!

There are a number of UFC / Pride DVDs / Blu-Rays available for purchase.

Spike shows classic fights pretty frequently.

adytum on
  • NewblarNewblar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

The only punch you guys should bother discussing is the one which actually dropped Brock. For your posting pleasure, here are the official rules in regards to rabbit punches (punches to the back of the head);

I don't know how much one inch

On my skull anyways the 1'inch would mean you could hit me behind the ear without being considered hitting the back of the head. Brock has a giant head so I guess that means there is alot of leeway for people hitting him.

If you're talking about the one hit that dropped him my interpretation based off of what you posted is that it would be legal as the aiming part seems to imply intent is required and from what I saw it appeared he wasn't aiming for the back of the head and hit it because of Brock's movement.

I'm seriously bummed that I couldn't go to see this at the pub. Don't like Brock so I would have loved to see him get beat down although it would have probably been better for the UFC if he'd won.

Newblar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I believe Brocks chin is great. I'm not sure his chin was ever in question here, especially since he's never been KO'd. His ability to cope under pressure (punches) is a whole different story, though. Fighters with similiar issues; Bob Sapp, Frank Mir.

I disagree with this. I think Brock actually has pretty good composure under fire. Comparing him to Sapp and Mir is off base.

Sapp has no composure after his 30 second bull rush gas tank runs out. Mir has composure when he's winning or when he can lean on a guy (CroCop). Otherwise, if he takes a few strong hits, he pretty much loses his mind and he's fucked. Examples can be seen in both Brock fights (even though he did come back in the first fight) and his fight with Carwin.

Lesnar, however, shows good survival skills for someone so new to MMA. Who else has been able to withstand Carwin? No one. He took some solid shots and kept his head in the game. I think he would have been able to withstand Cain a little longer too were it not for those back of the head shots. And who else has lasted that long with Cain once he's started pounding on them? Rothwell is the only one I can think of and the shots he was taking were not as strong as the ones Brock was taking because Brock was on the ground, prone and was likely pretty dazed from the head shots.

Brock has a good chin and good composure under fire. As I said earlier, his main problem in the stand up right now is that when he takes a good shot or two, he drops his hands and turns away from his opponent. That can be solved with training. If he would work on more boxing fundamentals like proper stance and movement, then he can be a contender and a champion again. Like I said, if Brock would branch out and train at a place like Golden Glory for the next 6 months, he could have a fight next summer and probably destroy whoever they placed in front of him.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited October 2010
    I want to watch some old epic fights so I can learn the big fighters better! What are some recommendations?
    You should probably start with highlight reels. Watching long fights would be draining for new fans.

As for recommended fighters, check out Fedor Emelianenko, the best MMA fighter in the world. For his full fights, check out his fight against Kevin Randleman, Mirko CroCop, Hong Man Choi, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Brett Rogers.

Alistair Overeem is another extremely dominant fighter. Check out his latest K-1 fight against Ben Edwards and his MMA fight against Kazuyuki Fujita and Brett Rogers.

Sakuraba and Genki Sudo are entertaining Japanese fighters. Their highlight reels are always good.

I'd say watch more of the striking oriented matches until you understand the ground/grappling game better, otherwise ground battles would be boring as all heck.

edited October 2010
    B:L, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here. Are the unified rules standardized between comissions or not? I did not know each comission could apply its own definitions of the rules

Anyway, I found the latest draft of the unified rules, posted a year after your link and this seems to be the official rule:
    Illegal Strikes to the Back of the Head-

The Committee has found a compromise between the Mohawk definition and the
    headphones definition. The Committee recommends a nape of the neck definition.
    Basically, the group concluded that a strike that touches the ear is generally acceptable.

Strikes are not permissible in the nape of the neck area up until the top of the
    ears. Above the ears, permissible strikes do not include the Mohawk area from the top
    of the ears up until the crown of the head. The crown of the head is found where the
    head begins to curve.

In other words, strikes behind the crown of the head and above the ears are not
    permissible within the Mohawk area. Strikes below the top of the ear are not permissible
    within the nape of the neck area.

It's basically most of the back of the head, but strikes directly to the back of the ears are okay and there's a lot more space to hit towards the top of the head compared to the neck. At least if I understand this picture;

zlz29y.jpg

What I'm getting from this is that it would be incredibly hard for a ref to accurately call something like this during quick exchanges, which is why so many rabbit punches are never reprimanded.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Classy blog post from Carwin.

As a sidenote, Carwin picked all the winners at 121.
    Cain's victory is MMA

as was my loss. I have received hundreds of texts, emails, DM's @shanecarwin by the thousands and I have seen and read your blog post here on shane-carwin.com. I get it and believe it was hard to watch someone use your game plan with better results, especially when the result is winning the biggest prize in the sport.

What Cain did is what great fighters do, they learn from what they can study. How would have my fight turned out if I had let Brock stand and knock him down again and again? It really doesn't matter about what happened last night or in July the only thing that matters is what is to be.

Those of you writing Brock off should consider this. The man walked into the UFC at the top level (who does that?) and won and defended the UFC HWT Belt. He took a beating from me and came back and found a way to win, he nearly lost his life and he came back and found a way to win, he is 4-2 in MMA and some of the wins are UFC title DEFENSES. He is a real champion, a real warrior and as long as he keeps training and learning MMA he will continue to be a force. Every great champion will lose the great ones rise again and it would not surprise me to see Brock defending a title again one day. Win or lose he should be respected for being the warrior he is.

Cain had a great game plan for the fight and he executed it. If you did not think Cain would be a contender then you must have missed his previous fights and missed every website claiming him to be the future of the heavyweight division. Cain is a great fighter and he showed everyone that last night.

The UFC HWT division has an amazing crop of fighters right now with four worthy title holders (Cain, Brock, JDS and myself) and a lot of amazing talent knocking on door to get their name on the list for a title shot. I am honored to be where I am and I know what I need to do to climb back on top of that mountain. I am motivated by the opponents in front of me and pushed by those hot on our heals.

This is going to be the era of the UFC HWTS and I am here to make a impact.

I want to thank my sponsors that are allowing me the opportunity to chase this dream and be a part of this "era". If you can support them, like them on Facebook, say thanks for us in any way we would appreciate it. They are:Good4uDrinks.com, Dethrone.com, Bud Light, Night Rider Jewelry, Performancemma.com, HeadBlade, BlowoutCards, CSC Memorabilia and #TeamCarwin. last but not least my manager Jason Genet and his team. You guys work tirelessly and have changed my life forever. I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done for me and my family.

I hope to begin that climb on 1-1-11 against a very formidable opponent in Roy Nelson. I am giving him and that fight 100% of my attention. JDS is next up for a shot at the UFC belt, which should be another great fight.

-Carwin

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd like to point out that, with the way the tournament was scheduled, I turned out to be the only person other than Spectrum to win four fights.

;-)

Heh, congratulations Spectrum! I'll be coming for your title!

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited October 2010
    Carwin sure has taken it down a notch since the steroid story broke.

adytum on
    edited October 2010
    B:L, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here. Are the unified rules standardized between comissions or not? I did not know each comission could apply its own definitions of the rules

Anyway, I found the latest draft of the unified rules, posted a year after your link and this seems to be the official rule:
    Illegal Strikes to the Back of the Head-

The Committee has found a compromise between the Mohawk definition and the
    headphones definition. The Committee recommends a nape of the neck definition.
    Basically, the group concluded that a strike that touches the ear is generally acceptable.

Strikes are not permissible in the nape of the neck area up until the top of the
    ears. Above the ears, permissible strikes do not include the Mohawk area from the top
    of the ears up until the crown of the head. The crown of the head is found where the
    head begins to curve.

In other words, strikes behind the crown of the head and above the ears are not
    permissible within the Mohawk area. Strikes below the top of the ear are not permissible
    within the nape of the neck area.

It's basically most of the back of the head, but strikes directly to the back of the ears are okay and there's a lot more space to hit towards the top of the head compared to the neck. At least if I understand this picture;

zlz29y.jpg
    Yes these rules were drafted July 2008, but the California State Athletic Commission still has authority to override the rule and implement their own definition for the safety of the fighters.

But that's besides the point, since it always comes down to ref discretion. Let's see what Herb Dean has to say about strikes to the back of the head.

HERB DEAN EXPLAINS!
    "Ears back is considered the back of the head," said Dean. "Like if you're wearing headphones and they're going up over the top of the head, so anything that's behind the ears would be the foul area... It can be on the side of the head, but if it's behind the ears it's considered the back of the head."

"That's something we've only been enforcing in MMA as the back of the head for about the last two years. That started when MMA became legalized in California," Dean explained. "Dr. Paul Wallace came to a referee seminar that we were doing and explained to us, diagrammed and explained to us what is supposed to be the back of the head. I talked to him in detail about it and then I talked to Armando Garcia, who is executive director, and he said, 'that's what we want to be enforced for the back of the head, from the ears back.’"

"When I went to Nevada, I told them about it so we would be all on the same page. They said that they were okay with that as the back of the head. That's what they want us to enforce, so that's what I enforce everywhere.

"That's not what I've always enforced in MMA," he added. "I've been refereeing for nine years. Most of the time I was enforcing the flat of the neck going up to the top. But when the sport became regulated, we need to enforce what the athletic commissions tell us to enforce."

doop doop

edited October 2010
    Well, the Herb quote is from 08, and the definition I posted is from 09. Isn't it possible it has changed since? Especially since it mentions the headphone thing Herb talks about.

If we have to take into consideration each referees personal distinctions and also the comissions it's going to get confusing. Surely we have to simply trust the unified rules own depictions of it

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Well, the Herb quote is from 08, and the definition I posted is from 09. Isn't it possible it has changed since? Especially since it mentions the headphone thing Herb talks about.

If we have to take into consideration each referees personal distinctions and also the comissions it's going to get confusing. Surely we have to simply trust the unified rules own depictions of it
    Rules lawyering for MMA is complicated as all heck.

Even under unified rules, Cain was hitting to the back of Lesnar's head, since behind the ears is still not allowed.

edited October 2010
    you're crazy b:l but i love your avatar that i've never understood so we will walk away from this still the dearest of friends

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    you're crazy b:l but i love your avatar that i've never understood so we will walk away from this still the dearest of friends
    That is fine by me.

I like your avatar too. It is very black.

Who the hell was recommending Sherdog to read up on the back of the head controversy? I think I've gotten dumber reading those comments.

In other MMA news, I just read that Cheick Kongo claims he's a clean fighter but over 50% of UFC fighters use PEDs. Shocking.

• BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    Carwin sure has taken it down a notch since the steroid story broke.

Shane's just happy that Brocktoberfest is over.

Now we can all gather round the turkey and celebrate Cainsgiving.

BubbaT on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    That is fine by me.

I like your avatar too. It is very black.

Who the hell was recommending Sherdog to read up on the back of the head controversy? I think I've gotten dumber reading those comments.

In other MMA news, I just read that Cheick Kongo claims he's a clean fighter but over 50% of UFC fighters use PEDs. Shocking.

well maybe ball kicking is ok when you feel your opponent's balls have been shrunk by PEDs

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    While I was reading the rules I noticed they've added the rule of "greasing" as a direct result of the GSP/BJ penn affair

I totally forgot that :lol:
    Due to the Penn-St.Pierre matter, the group discussed the application of any
    substance to the hair or body which could result in an advantage.
    Absolutely "no" body grease, gels, balms, lotions oils, or other substances may
    be applied to the hair, face or body. This includes the use of excessive amounts of
    water "dumped" on a contestant to make him/her slippery. However, Vaseline may be
    applied solely to the facial area at cage side or ringside in the presence of an inspector,
    referee, or a person designated by the commission. Any contestant applying anything
    other than Vaseline in an approved fashion at the appropriate time could be penalized a
    point or subject to loss by disqualification.

BJ sure pushed some buttons

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    While I was reading the rules I noticed they've added the rule of "greasing" as a direct result of the GSP/BJ penn affair

be applied to the hair, face or body. This includes the use of excessive amounts of
    water "dumped" on a contestant to make him/her slippery. However, Vaseline may be
    applied solely to the facial area at cage side or ringside in the presence of an inspector,
    referee, or a person designated by the commission. Any contestant applying anything
    other than Vaseline in an approved fashion at the appropriate time could be penalized a

the fools
    BJ said GSP ATE the vaseline and was sweating it out
    the new rules!
    they do nothing!

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    who was it, a few events back, who made an inspector flip his shit? i wanna say it was like ufc 11...6-ish? i remember a fighter was psyched up, got looked over by the guy, then excitedly went to give one of his camp supporters a hug before getting in the cage... and the inspector rushes over stricken, thinking he might have been rubbed with something

i remember laughing for like an hour

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

the fools
    BJ said GSP ATE the vaseline and was sweating it out
    the new rules!
    they do nothing!

What?
    The document also alleges further misconduct beyond what's been discussed, namely stating that St. Pierre "ingested a substance that would cause his body to become highly and unnaturally slippery during the bout."

Oh, BJ.....

adytum on
    edited October 2010
    speaking of inspectors, and since you guys are all taking screencaps of the event, did anyone get one of mr mustache?
    that was pretty epic
    surely i can't be the only person who noticed him

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    speaking of inspectors, and since you guys are all taking screencaps of the event, did anyone get one of mr mustache?
    that was pretty epic
    surely i can't be the only person who noticed him

The ZZtop impersonator? I was laughing about that guy too.

Hopefully this thread lasts for a few hours; I'm off to the gym. Will post new thread when I get back.

adytum on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    what the hell is this?(45 s)
    i..i dont even know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os

Likely just old feelings from when Brock was in WWE.

Rumor has it that 'Taker thought Brock got shot up the food chain too fast when he was there...caused some friction between the two of them. Apparently it's still there.

YOU JUST COPIED WHAT I WROTE IN THE WRESTLING THREAD! THIEF! THIEF!

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2010
    vlcsnap-2010-10-25-16h25m31s164.png

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    Gonzaga needs to just take people down more and work them there

I'm sure if he focused on his groundgame he could take out several heavyweights fairly easily. Especially new guys like Shaube.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    what the hell is this?(45 s)
    i..i dont even know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os

Likely just old feelings from when Brock was in WWE.

Rumor has it that 'Taker thought Brock got shot up the food chain too fast when he was there...caused some friction between the two of them. Apparently it's still there.

YOU JUST COPIED WHAT I WROTE IN THE WRESTLING THREAD! THIEF! THIEF!
    This is the TRUE inside scoop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT8U3H4TXjk

MATT FACT: Matt Hardy is tough, but fair.

edited October 2010
    matt slicks his hair with motor oil

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    LOL Imanari @ Deep 50
    20101024178.jpg

Also, rumors of Sapp vs Pudz at Dream Dynamite on NYE. Calling it now - GOAT freakshow match.

BubbaT on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did anybody else think last weekend that if Kongo's going to weigh in around 220 that he might want to think about cutting down to 205? I know he's jacked as hell but if he could work down there he'd be a big LHW and it could breath some new life into his career, which I think is stalled at HW.

Peen on
    edited October 2010
    One thing I want to know is - WTF happened to Brock's BJJ training? He had BJJ guys at his camp, and Primtime showed him working sweeps. Then the fight starts and he looks worse off his back than Brett Rogers.

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    One thing I want to know is - WTF happened to Brock's BJJ training? He had BJJ guys at his camp, and Primtime showed him working sweeps. Then the fight starts and he looks worse off his back than Brett Rogers.
    After consecutive shots to the back of his head at 2:46 onwards, he entered survival/panic mode. Everything went out the window as he ate the uppercut, twirled, ate a knee and then a huge shot to the back of the head. Hard to use your BJJ training when the world is spinning and you're seeing triple.

They never taught him to attack the center one.

• [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I find it funny how much effort people are putting into this back of the head punch question. Did some shots land to the back of the head? Yeah, it looks like it from what you guys are posting. But this happens so often! When a guy is hurt and turtling up, the guy on top rains down punches and almost always some of these hit the back of the head. Especially from back control when the guy gets flattened out.

For the standing blows as well, sometimes they just land in a weird spot. Hell, thats how Serra beat GSP. The hook caught up behind the ear, which seems to be that dizzy making zone. GSP actually flopped about a lot like Lesnar after being hit. The Jon Jones spinning back elbow to Bonnar hit him in the back of the head too. Really hard to stop a fight over that though, it just happens.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh wow...

So this is why GSP and "Genghis Khan/Batman" have a crazy, drunk french man as part of their training...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTuFKqhafM

:shock:

Damn, if only Kos had managed to piss this guy off... :lol:

Geez. That first front kick. Just...damn.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.