As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sonic 4; Now with more Jumping.

191011121315»

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sonic Rush didn't actually have puzzles to my knowledge but it did have a lot of rooms that brought you to a dead stop, closed off and filled with enemies that you had to kill. Reminded me of old beat-em-ups that did the same thing.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    The labyrinth boss was unfair? Yous' a wimp! I beat him on the second try!

Are you on an SDTV? I'm not, but I've heard from others that you can't see where the pillars on the sides are coming from in order to have proper warning to dodge.

Anyway, hope no one minds if I post a link, as it would be a bit long to post here in its entirety, but here's my review of the game.

Ultimately, I liked it. I found that the physics were more like "game physics" than "Sonic physics," if you know what I mean. Reminds me more of Mega Man than Sonic, in a way, particularly where requiring the directional stick/pad to be pressed in order to maintain momentum is concerned.

I find it to be a good game, but rather than "Sonic 4," a more appropriate title might have been "New Sonic the Hedgehog." Taken alone, it's a good game, though not without its flaws, but not as good as the series' peak on the Genesis.

But for me, that's okay: people hold Super Mario Bros. 3 and/or World as the peak of the Mario games, but I still enjoy the new 2D games as well, even if they are a bit different. Same with later Mega Man games vs. MM2 or 3, or Mega Man X8 (lousy vehicle stages notwithstanding) vs. X1 or X4.

In my opinion, though, $15 is a bit excessive when you have the Konami ReBirth games, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and more going for five dollars less.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

If I plunk down my $15 dollars for this game, what exactly do I get? Do I get a single episode? Or do I get eventual access to all episodes similar to how the Telltale adventure games work?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    you get a single episode

even as one of the people who really liked it

I'd say wait for a price drop

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah that sucks. There's no way in hell I'm paying that much for 1 episode. Guess I'll wait and hope that when all episodes are released that they publish a disk version.

Lucascraft on