As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guild Wars 2 - BWE #3: 20-22 July - Return to FORT ASPENWOOD! - Release date: 28 August!

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have a guild of myself and active friends who Guild Wars. If there is a PA guild I would be happy to alliance! Or if people want I could even invite you to mine, not really a big deal.

(I made the best cape fyi)

Also: http://www.arena.net/blog/what-does-it-all-mean-john-stumme-discusses-war-in-kryta-survey-results

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TheShaqtus wrote: »
    Oh god the patching

This.

And oh God my Rit's 15k armor is the Luxon cover armor it is so purty. All the memories of me breaking myself for that set are flooding back.

And apparently I have a 20 Derv and a 20 Ranger.

Which reminds me I need to get the goddamn Norn armor for my ranger.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So.

Looking at some of the stuff I want. I think I'm just going to shoot myself.

This would be for the best.

Also I am hearing thing's about Rit's being awesome now, is this true?

Transporter on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yes they are ridiculously OP

I did a Nightfall mission on HM with three person Rits in my part

I was a monk

all I did was remove conditions, I had nothing else to do

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Goddamn now I need to look up this build and WIN THE GAME.

Also, apparently I have a Mini that will sell for 100k.

SCORE.

Transporter on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, I need to keep playing. I've been off for about a month. Finally making progress in Factions. I've got a fun RT/N. Most of the time, I'm a basic Spirit Spammer, but wen we've already got a Ritualist on the team, I whip out my unorthodox Ritualist Minion Master build. Hooray Spawning Power! Also Shambling Horrors.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    FELLOW RITUALIST.

SHARE WITH ME OUR OVERPOWERED BUILD.

Because I am laaazy.

Transporter on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For all you guys coming back to GW after a lengthy hiatus:

Mesmers are really good now. A lot of their spells got buffed for PvE, so they can actually do reasonable damage while interrupting dudes.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Paragons are apparently intensely overpowered now. "Imbagons" the term is.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    -Paragons party support like no other.
    -Necros are still good as they always have been.
    -Warriors are fine, they have some decent builds.
    -Dervishes are kinda eh, they can be decent enough though.
    -Assassins are still assassins.
    -Monks are still monks.
    -Elementalists are more supporting roles than the crazy DPS they used to be.
    -Ritualists which used to be pretty bad are now a very meta class and are awesome. I was upset I made a Rit my main for a while and then they made them awesome and I am happy~
    -Rangers aren't bad but don't do anything especially well, though they do have a lot of usefulness, but I never see anyone playing them anymore besides their niche areas (like certain PvPs)
    -Mesmers are still Mesmers. I secretly wish my main was a Mesmer but I am way too invested in my Rit and he is good so whatever~

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I remember this game! I had a killer Necromancer/Monk. Got almost all the way until the end until (this is from memory) mission 23, Thunder Mountain, would crash my machine at the very end. Kinda said 'Fuck it' and stopped playing after tech support couldn't help me.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've been having quite a bit of success with the Ele + Hero Team detailed here.

Mobs are definitely dropping faster than they did when I was using a Searing Flames Ele + random general-purpose heroes.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    GaebrilGaebril Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So if I have the base game on Steam, and then I buy the Trilogy - will I be able to re-gift the extra base game? Or would it disappear or what?

Gaebril on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I remember, when this was new, that the hot steppers were one of the best guilds in the world.

I miss it. Game breaking strategies and all

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Gaebril wrote: »
    So if I have the base game on Steam, and then I buy the Trilogy - will I be able to re-gift the extra base game? Or would it disappear or what?

Nah, it would fill over your account.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I remember, when this was new, that the hot steppers were one of the best guilds in the world.

I miss it. Game breaking strategies and all
    hey i was in that guild

now i can't even remember my account name or email and i only have the base game anyway and oh god i might buy the trilogy what the fuck is happening

slow on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh God, I am such a pack whore. Anyone who wants a gold sword, pm me, i need to get rid of this stuff and I would rather give it away than sell it to a vendor.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would like to play with you fine people. I've played on and off over the years, through a few accounts, and never managed to beat a single campaign. I think I have a character or two around level 11 or 12, one each in the middle of the base game, and Nightfall. I have yet to even touch Factions or Eye of the North.

My plan was at some point to go through them all before GW2, now is as good a time as any. I think my main problem was finding people to play with, it was only ever with one friend, and I never liked grouping with strangers. PA strangers I'm fine with.

Once I figure out my login and character names I'll post them. I'm up for any campaign, new characters are fine too.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If you see me online PM me or Unlucky's character to get an invite to the PA guild!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    FELLOW RITUALIST.

SHARE WITH ME OUR OVERPOWERED BUILD.

Because I am laaazy.

YES OK.

BUILD IS AS FOLLOWS

Spirit Spammin':

Spirit Boon Strike, Painful Bond, Spirit Siphon, Signet of Spirits, Pain, Bloodsong, Shadowsong, Dissonance.

So, I summons Pain, then Bloodsong, then Shadowsong, then use Spirit Siphon to get more Energy and summon Dissonance. Then I use Signet of Spirits to summon Anger, Hate, and Suffering. Then I Siphon again, hex a lot of enemmies with Painful Bond, and alternate between Siphoning and casting Spirit Boon Strike.

So, I gots SEVEN Spirits up at the same time, enemies are gettin' Blinded and interrupted, they teake an extra 18 damage each time my Spirits attack, and I'm healing my entourage every time I cast SBS, one of the ONLY ways to heal Spirits. I turn mahself into an army pretty freaking fast.

So I only need to resummon spirits and recast Painful Bond to keep it up. So much fun to take on mobs with this.

Minion Masterin'

Blood of the Master, Taste of Death, Animate Bone Minions, Animate Shambling Horror, Animate Flesh Golem, Boon of Creation, Explosive Growth, Flesh of my Flesh.

Basic minion masterin' applies, with the added bonus of having Boon of Creation and Explosive Growth goin'. Notably, when I summon Bone Minions, I get two shots of Health and Energy, and zap everything around the corpse twice. Blood of the Master heals my army, and Taste of Death keeps me alive. Flesh of my Flesh is just to be nice.

Now, ideally, I'd replace Shambling Horror with Vampiric Horror, Flesh Golem with Bone Fiend, and Flesh of my Flesh with Jagged Bones, but this thing works for now. It's my backup whenever we have another spirit spammer on the team, due to the way spirits work.

Enlong on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Problem spammin those spirits is...you're not mobile. Clearly you have Factions, why not go and get some Kurzic/Luxon faction and get Summon Spirits for delicious healing/moving spirits?

My SoS build would have 1 more spirit if I didn't bring along a rez. I mostly Hero/Hench so it's kind of important.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man, it only takes 30 seconds for my Binding Rituals to recharge. What do I care?

I probably would be more worried about mobility if this were back when Binding Rituals took forfreakingever to cast.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have Nightfall and Factions, never played much due to lack of friends. And I found it kind of boring to play by myself, since everything that is not a town is instanced.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I have Nightfall and Factions, never played much due to lack of friends. And I found it kind of boring to play by myself, since everything that is not a town is instanced.
    Well, you can try to group up with random people in the cities. It's hit-and-miss, though.

Exploring alone can be pretty cool, too. All the scenery in this game is just freaking breathtaking.

Like, I fell in love with Kaineng, and the areas around there are just dilapidated city blocks. What's wrong with me?

Enlong on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Erics wrote: »
    -Rangers aren't bad but don't do anything especially well, though they do have a lot of usefulness, but I never see anyone playing them anymore besides their niche areas (like certain PvPs)

just like any other ranger i've ever played. ever.

why does this appeal to me so?

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Here's the pattern I fall into, I must finish nightfall and Eye of the north, then I notice I don't have a good enough build. Hunt for some elites (finally got echo for my trapper build, :mrgreen:).

THen I noticed that I don't have a full set of norn armor, cue hunting for money and components for that.

Then I notice I don't have many titles and cue grinding for that.

Then its time for a community event, cue grinding for that as well.

As you can tell, its a really bad idea for me to have a monthly payment plan since I get so distracted by ...everything.

Oh, and Maguma Jungle has always looked so damn pretty, the area around the actual "Eye" of the north looks great too.

Sigh, well, gotta get back to drinking that keg of ale to get the drunk title.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think that the Jade Sea is one of the prettiest places in the entire freaking trilogy. Just the... the idea of it is amazing enough, and then you get to see all those waves, frozen in time...

That and Ruined Ascalon.

Enlong on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The permanently on fire Charr lands.

Those so far (I have not seen the Jade sea yet, I am almost there!) have been the most breathtaking moments for me.

Hell, just walking up to the Eye of the North main outpost for the first time had me simply going "Oh my God, it's so beautiful. They've just really outdone themselves this time with the graphics."

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    up to 18 in HoM, 12 to go!

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HoM?

Hall of Monuments

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    If you see me online PM me or Unlucky's character to get an invite to the PA guild!

Are you guys Kurzick? If so I'd love to Alliance our guilds!

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yeah we're kurzick

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sara Lynn wrote: »

Play with us! You'll have friends. :) I can shoot you an invite if you like.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    TheShaqtusTheShaqtus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I forgot how boring this is to play alone.

TheShaqtus on
    ducksig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yes it can be

I'd play with you now but I have a paper to do!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey

you guys

play ddo it's free

completely free

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    James Letourneau (R/M) pops over from G&T District 1

I'm currently finishing up the last of the Asura missions in EotN, then to beat the game! Or, the primary missions, anyway. I'm also stuck in the Crystal Desert in Prophecies, if anyone else happens to be passing through there. I probably should have beaten Prophecies first, but EotN is just so much better.

Frem on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Until now Guild Wars has been the only MMO I've gotten really excited about. GW2 is the second.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hey

you guys

play ddo it's free

completely free

I've tried DDO. Multiple times.

Still prefer Guild Wars.

Stilts on