As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW][Chat] Cata cata cata pon! (LOTS OF INFO IN THE OP)

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On the other hand, it sounds like low-level subtlety rogues are one-shotting people with ambush.

Confirmed, as I have a low level rogue who has indeed one-shot people using Ambush.

Anything in cloth or leather with 450 or less hp dies.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's a mess, but it's not a mess to the point where you don't want to play. PVP sub is still epic even w/ the res changes.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why is Jay Leno the final boss of Cataclysm?
    lol

Also, my hunter is almost 75 now. Holy shit, WotLK quest rewards are so bad. Some especially so post-4.0.1. I've come across probably half a dozen pieces of mail with agility and int on them. And a ton of items that are just a bunch of stam and then one other stat. Something was just stam and like 18 hit rating. Yuck.

forty on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Leno is the final boss of cata because he fucked over Conan and needs to die.
    I know, I know, it wasn't really his fault, but man, I don't get TBS and I want Conan. Seeing him on the Tonight Show again sucks ass.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    of course it was his fault

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It was his fault in that he should manned up and stepped aside when they were fucking over Conan.

It wasn't his fault in that pretty much every misstep along the way to Conan leaving was due to terribad decisions by Zucker. I want to see the Comcast buyout happen if for other reason than to see him go.

EDIT: Zucker, not Zuckerberg. That's facebook.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Whoever at NBC let Leno get away with that ludicrous contract that said NBC had to have him on the air for X amount of years or else they owed him $Texas was at fault.

In WoW related news, apparently there was some glitched Elixir that allowed rogues to raise their maximum energy (up to like 350 if they're also an alchemist). From what I understand, Blizzard fixed this within hours of learning about it. Yet the cogwheel of doom still persists.

Lars on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have never once encountered this cogwheel of doom thing that everyone keeps talking about.

Either I'm lucky or doing something that prevents it, but I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that I would be doing.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You haven't been doing the headless horseman? Because one or more people get disconnected every time I do it and it's a 5 minute mexican standoff of people unwilling to click the pumpkin before he ever gets summoned. Every single time.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I did see a couple of people disconnect during a HH run once, but I chalked it up to patch day shennanigans

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    Whoever at NBC let Leno get away with that ludicrous contract that said NBC had to have him on the air for X amount of years or else they owed him $Texas was at fault.

In WoW related news, apparently there was some glitched Elixir that allowed rogues to raise their maximum energy (up to like 350 if they're also an alchemist). From what I understand, Blizzard fixed this within hours of learning about it. Yet the cogwheel of doom still persists.

This is just goosetastic.

Any basic understanding of programing will tell you that just because one can be easily fixed doesn't mean the other can as well.

shryke on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lars wrote: »

Some things can be hotfixed. Some cannot. Cogwheel bug requires a full patch, which requires extensive testing to make sure they are not breaking 50 other things by fixing that bug.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've never encountered the cogwheel bug on my end.

I'm always the one clicking the pumpkin.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    You haven't been doing the headless horseman? Because one or more people get disconnected every time I do it and it's a 5 minute mexican standoff of people unwilling to click the pumpkin before he ever gets summoned. Every single time.

Which is very similar to the five minute Mexican standoffs you used to get where nobody wanted to use their daily summon first. The more things change!

W2 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    W2 wrote: »

Which is very similar to the five minute Mexican standoffs you used to get where nobody wanted to use their daily summon first. The more things change!

It's kind of a shame after how well coren worked. Instant queue, dead bossl loot, leave done!

-SPI- on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, I'm trying to add a vanilla WoW key to a battle.net account, and it keeps telling me it cannot be claimed.
    What's the dealyo?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think just recently they changed it so you can only have one WoW account per battle.net account. Prolly need to check mmo-champ's backlog.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    W2 wrote: »

It's kind of a shame after how well coren worked. Instant queue, dead bossl loot, leave done!

It still works that way as long as someone's got the macro to turn off tooltips.

shryke on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »
    I think just recently they changed it so you can only have one WoW account per battle.net account. Prolly need to check mmo-champ's backlog.

The most recent mention in their backlog was this:
    Lylirra wrote:
    To help keep Battle.net accounts as secure as possible, we’ve recently changed how Battle.net authenticators can be used. Going forward, Battle.net authenticators can now only be associated with one Battle.net account at a time. No changes are being made to how many game licenses a single Battle.net account can support. You can still have multiple World of Warcraft accounts under a single Battle.net account, for instance, and all game licenses linked with a Battle.net account will still be protected if an authenticator is in use.

Those of you who currently have more than one Battle.net account associated with a single authenticator will be able to maintain your existing setup without needing to do anything. This change will only affect new authenticator attachments. But, if at some point you decide to detach the authenticator from any of your Battle.net accounts for any reason, you won't be able to reattach it if it's already associated with another Battle.net account.
    "You can still have multiple World of Warcraft accounts under a single Battle.net account," so that shouldn't be the reason.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I just triple checked, and I typed everything correctly. :/

Rizzi on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, that's the thing i was remembering. So I'm guessing the inability to add an account is just some technical bug right now.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well that's fucking great.
    Edit: Whoop, Scratch that. Added it using a trial account and it went through. I miss the old account management. :x

Rizzi on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's also a mod that fixes the HH problem. Search CogFix on Curse. Apparently it's an issue with single-line tooltips, and it's also affecting things like mage tables. The mod just turns these specific tooltips off, so it doesn't mess with your regular gameplay.

I'm glad my girlfriend is a healer. We both have the mod, so we just queue and I trigger the HH, and either people help out, or we duo him down. It's so easy now.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Argh, Why is there a 5Gb patch, and why is it going to take 30 hours to download?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    So...WoWWiki had an exodus of people and now we have a new wiki backed by Curse. It seems like the guys just straight-up lifted the old wiki's article. WoWWiki has a slightly new design now, but otherwise the two sides are goddamn identical.

Fucking perfect.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    why is it going to take 30 hours to download?
    Rizzi wrote:

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I'm not kidding: identical. Even the news shows WoWpedia boasting the 80,000 articles WoWWiki got in February. Shit, they even have the same caption contest only with WoWWiki's named replaced with WoWpedia.

This is starting to seem familiar to the TF2 Wiki fiasco.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Eh, found a mirror that will only take an hour.
    That's.. Slightly less time. So, they added all the new talents and shit huh. That's pretty good.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'm not kidding: identical. Even the news shows WoWpedia boasting the 80,000 articles WoWWiki got in February. Shit, they even have the same caption contest only with WoWWiki's named replaced with WoWpedia.

Umm...

News

20 October 2010 - WoWWiki has moved!

WoWWiki has moved! Please join us at our new site, Wowpedia

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Umm...

News

20 October 2010 - WoWWiki has moved!

WoWWiki has moved! Please join us at our new site, Wowpedia

Yeah man, nothing was lifted. The WoWWiki community wanted to join up with Curse, but the wiki service they used previously refused to give up the WoWWiki name.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    with the new map interface, now I'll know exactly which boss to quit group after when my loot doesn't drop.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Right'o. I've just downloaded and installed patch 4.01. Why is it trying to download an additional 6GB? D:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's how 4.01 works. You download a huge patch, then it takes forever to install then you download an additional huge patch.

Essentially the updater is trolling you.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    :?
    That's.. Retarded. So what the heck am I downloading now?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the "just makin' sure" patch.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I do not understand what is happening here. How can a patch be so big? I have a bandwith cap!

Rizzi on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that the problem was directly with the patch itself for them. Even so, keep an eye on it.

You are encountering a similar problem that a friend of mine did, stop the launcher NOW. What happened to them was it continiously tried to download the patch, until it used every bit of their monthly cap.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You're downloading all of Cataclysm except for the level new 80-85 and Worgen/goblin zones.

dylman on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    :? I guess I'll just let do its thing then.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well you can kind of make a Female Worgen on beta you just set the look you want and log on and
    become a male worgen! :rotate:

Brainleech on
This discussion has been closed.