As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You Don't Get to 0-5 Without a Team Effort [NFL]

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have scored the most points in RwnS and have the least points scored against me. I like this ratio. Premiere league, here I come!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I have scored the most points in RwnS and have the least points scored against me. I like this ratio. Premiere league, here I come!

we are only halfway through the season and speaking from experience, You can have one of the highest point totals and it won't mean poo if the record isn't there.

and I'm coming for you week 11.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Options
    clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I think im on my way to accomplishing something special in one of my fantasy leagues!

Im number one in points with 782, theres one guy at like 774 but then theres nobody within like 60 of us.

Im also number one in points against with 828. Theres like one or two guys within 100 of that number.

Its a 12 man league with relatively lax scoring (ppr is .25, everything else is your standard 10-25 yards, 6 per td, no flex). And somehow, players are getting an avg 118.28 against me.

I am 3-4 and in 7th place, out of playoffs at this point.

All my wins have come when I scored the number 1 score of the week. 3 of my 4 losses i was number 2 against number 1. This week I was like 4th against 3rd.

Its epic.

Sounds like my season last year.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    clownfood wrote: »

we are only halfway through the season and speaking from experience, You can have one of the highest point totals and it won't mean poo if the record isn't there.

Oh I know. Scoring does not equal success. There's a guy who is 3rd in scoring in our office league but is sub .500.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    clawing my way back to the top in Fear & Loathing and my work league. or to mediocrity. whichev.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think im on my way to accomplishing something special in one of my fantasy leagues!

Im number one in points with 782, theres one guy at like 774 but then theres nobody within like 60 of us.

Im also number one in points against with 828. Theres like one or two guys within 100 of that number.

Its a 12 man league with relatively lax scoring (ppr is .25, everything else is your standard 10-25 yards, 6 per td, no flex). And somehow, players are getting an avg 118.28 against me.

I am 3-4 and in 7th place, out of playoffs at this point.

All my wins have come when I scored the number 1 score of the week. 3 of my 4 losses i was number 2 against number 1. This week I was like 4th against 3rd.

Its epic.

First off, as a life-long Giants fan, I love seeing the Cowboys lose. Its even more special when the Giants beat them.

Second, I don't think the Romo injury makes much of a difference. With the way the rest of the team has been playing, Romo just isn't good enough to carry them. Neither is Kitna. I think that rather than a 5 or 6 win season, they'll have a 3 to 5 win season. Not that much of a difference, really.

Third, I've also been having a strange Fantasy season. I'm currently 5-1, and 3 of my victories have come from players who have no business winning the game for me. I won last night because Steve Smith got me 16 points, while Bradshaw only got my opponent 11. I was down by 2 points going into the game. I won last week because my Defense got me almost 20 points. One of the earlier games I won because I was down by 1 going into Monday Night, and my kicker got 5 more points then my opponent's starting Running back. It's just been bizarre.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Romo injury mad a difference to me: I'm about to lose week 8 b/c he got hurt + half of my team is on a bye :(

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    clownfood wrote: »

Oh I know. Scoring does not equal success. There's a guy who is 3rd in scoring in our office league but is sub .500.

I'm #2 in points in my Apolyton league and 3-4. It's insane.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited October 2010
    Romo injury mad a difference to me: I'm about to lose week 8 b/c he got hurt + half of my team is on a bye :(

Maybe. I somehow managed to accumulate 3 QBs with the same bye week, so I too am scrounging for one this week. On the other hand, talk to me after this week if you want to deal for one. 8-)

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just got a request at work to lay out a custom marketing piece for a Dental Plan an agent is selling to the Dallas Cowboys. I almost emailed the person back "Fuck you, fuck the Cowboys and I hope they all get cavities!"

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Design them a plan that looks amazing but is administered by an imcompetent and ends up doing almost nothing for them.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Design them a plan that looks amazing but is administered by an imcompetent and ends up doing almost nothing for them.

Make it the worst plan possible and say "Authored by Wade Phillips"

mrt144 on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

So give them one of our "economy packages". I wonder if I can get away with watermarking the Giants logo really lightly in the background.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    NFL Primetime is recapping Redskins/Bears.

They are using wacky circus music.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the Ny press is gloating about taking out romo

well the Post they're assholes

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Gyral wrote: »

So give them one of our "economy packages". I wonder if I can get away with watermarking the Giants logo really lightly in the background.

Or any other division team. Or the Cardinals.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah I heard that this morning while I was sleeping at like 6 am.

That's why I hate New York fans. If we would have just ended the Giants season it would have been a non-issue/on to the next one. Back when the Cowboys were beating the shit out of the Giant's one or two seasons ago no one gloated. You just don't do that to teams that are beneath you, it shows a lack of class.

Stay classy, New York.

With that being said I'm looking for a new team to root for this season.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wanna get a snack?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010

That's why I hate New York fans. If we would have just ended the Giants season it would have been a non-issue/on to the next one. Back when the Cowboys were beating the shit out of the Giant's one or two seasons ago no one gloated. You just don't do that to teams that are beneath you, it shows a lack of class.

Stay classy, New York.

It's the fucking NY Post. Get a grip.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Stay classy, New York.

Likable Teams:

Titans: They always play so damn hard.

Miami: I have no clue why I like them so much, especially being divisional rivals to my beloved Pats, but here you go.

Bills: A pity pick, but still, great fans and a fantastic beard on their starting QB.

Rams: Considering what they've come from it is an absolute treat to watch. One of the best starts for a rookie QB in a long, long time.

Bucs: Just fun to watch!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Stay classy, New York.

Likable Teams:

Miami: I have no clue why I like them so much, especially being divisional rivals to my beloved Pats, but here you go.

Bills: A pity pick, but still, great fans and a fantastic beard on their starting QB.

Rams: Considering what they've come from it is an absolute treat to watch. One of the best starts for a rookie QB in a long, long time.

I think I'm going to go with Miami, just because I like Ricky Williams and I went to highschool with Tony Sparano's son.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pssh, go with the vikes. Join us for a few weeks until we are done-zo (though with the way the pack and bears are playing, im pretty sure we can lose our next 3 and have a shot...) then we can pick a new team together.

Us teams that people unreasonably hate need to stick together. (I do hate the cowboys though...)

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tjack vikings arent unlikable
    favre vikings are

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pssh, go with the vikes. Join us for a few weeks until we are done-zo (though with the way the pack and bears are playing, im pretty sure we can lose our next 3 and have a shot...) then we can pick a new team together.

Us teams that people unreasonably hate need to stick together. (I do hate the cowboys though...)

Oh don't get me wrong I've been a Viking's fan ever since I grew up in mid-1990's winless Chicago. I'll always be secretly rooting for the Vikings. I don't really know why though.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    NFC north is COMPLETELY UP FOR GRABS.

The Bears are TERRIBLE.

The Vikings have a bad coach and the Favre problem.

The Lions are from Detroit and Cursed.

The Packers are missing half their team.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    NFC north is COMPLETELY UP FOR GRABS.

The Bears are TERRIBLE.

The Vikings have a bad coach and the Favre problem.

The Lions are from Detroit and Cursed.

The Packers are missing half their team.

Lions are about to break off a 5 game winning streak.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    tjack vikings arent unlikable
    favre vikings are

Yeah, I never used to get shit talked to as a Vikings fan until last year. It's pretty annoying actually. And now it's going to be "where are the Vikings without Favre huh?" crap. Uhm, hopefully slightly better than they were 2 years ago.

And my cowboys hate is because I can't stand Jerry Jones, and members of my extended family who are assholes are cowboys fans. I only want them to lose, I don't want their players to get injured. However, if a bad kick ever breaks Jerry Jones' nose, I would laugh as long as he was mostly okay. I'd laugh harder if it bounced off that monstrosity he put in the middle of the filed before smacking him in the face.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's one thing I can't stand is the Jumbotron. It's so distracting. I was literally sitting on the most front row you could be without actually being on the field.. in the left corner of the endzone, and when a touchdown was scored there I watched on a damn TV things that were happening 4 feet in front of my face. The thing is so big and distracting you can't help but look at it every time the screen changes.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Washington at Home, winnable.

Jets at Home, loss.

Bills Away, winnable.

Cowboys Away, winnable.

Pats at Home, loss.

They probably lose to Miami as well, but could possibly run the table elsewise and make the playoffs.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think the Pats game is winnable, provided all of our starters are healthy (a tall order, but we'll see). The Jets....yeah. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have an off week.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If Detroit can go a game without fifty holding penalties and four personal fouls it would be nice.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think the Pats game is winnable, provided all of our starters are healthy (a tall order, but we'll see). The Jets....yeah. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have an off week.

Well the Lions do always step up on Thanksgiving.

I mean... you know the Lions haven't won 5 games over the last 46 games and the Pats have won 5 in 6? I mean yay optimism but if you go 4-42 and you're 1-5 this season I don't see why you would be confident against the team that's 34-12 over that stretch.

I'm rooting for the Lions along with the Chiefs after my Pats, even if I had the Packers winning it all this year. I like Schwartz (BB disciple), and I think maybe he can make the team decent at least. But there's no proven QB yet and the defense is still worse than the Pats weak-but-improving defense.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Irrational Exuberance

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    when is the last time detroit had a winning season?

Jars on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Year before Millen or Millen's first year they were 9-7. So like, 2003?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Stay classy, New York.

Likable Teams:

The Titans are a bunch of punks coached by a punk

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I just can't find myself hating them!

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How could anyone hate the Browns? Their fanbase had to watch Baltimore win the Masters with their stolen golf clubs. Then they get a new set for Christmas, but it turns out they're left-handed clubs.

I'd imagine even their rivals in the AFCN feel more pity towards them than hostility.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    not the steelers because the steelers are dicks

everyone hates the steelers though

Jars on
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Steelers fans are the biggest assholes on the planet. Especially ones who were born and raised here in Ohio.

fortis on
This discussion has been closed.