As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]sgiving is over; onward to [CHAT]smas!

ChromatomicChromatomic Mr.DCRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Artist's Corner
scroogemcduck.jpg

But they can become filthy rich!

Chromatomic on

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm going to Scrooge McDuck that shit.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    By the way Wak, as a warning my original livestream account was banned because of nudity in a digital piece I was working on...it was barely out of the lay-in phase so it hardly resembled a human.

rts on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm getting a portfolio ready ready for an internship interview on Friday. Exciting, but also nerve-wracking!

Any tips, anyone, before I go and do something stupid?

Flay on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Base your portfolio on the type of work that the company normally does, if you can. An "internship" can mean anything - what's it for, specifically?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's for the construction company my dad works for. They take applicants from a pretty wide range of fields (the only prerequisite is 'be a student') so it's been difficult to gather exactly where I'll be placed, but I think it'd be in their web-design department, but when I was speaking on the phone they just added at the end 'oh, and if you want to bring along anything to show, do that'. Also, since I've never done any sort of web design ever, I don't have much of a choice but to be all lol pictures.

Flay on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't wanna write this story!

Someone comment on my thread to make me happy!
    Please? :(

DeeLock on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shut up DeeLock, you cocky cock

(I'll comment on it if I have time)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ^misappropriated time by Nappuccino

Paradise on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    anyone else love it when you type :D into gchat?

Comedic timing genius

wakkawa on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Paradise wrote: »
    ^misappropriated time by Nappuccino

Brought to you by Procrastination! All your needs; Tomorrow.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Haha!

If I had a nickel for each time I procrastinated...
    scroogemcduck.jpg

Paradise on
  • Options
    AthaedosAthaedos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    scroogemcduck.jpg

But they can become filthy rich!

I swear, that shit set up some kind of meter for success in life in my subconscious that as a young child took me a long time to grow out of.

Athaedos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think those scenes freaked me out as a kid because I knew metal coins were heavy and you couldn't just dive into a pool of 'em like that....and therefore you couldn't swim in the them...

...and basically it resulted in me having one or two nightmares about drowning in coins.

That picture honestly freaks me out even now because 90 feet? jesus that's horrifying. I bet there are a bunch of crushed dead rats and stuff at the very bottom.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Only you could find the bad points in a 90ft deep pool of gold coins and jewels.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I bet you'd die if you licked every coin, jewel, and dollar bill in Scrooge McDuck's money pit.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Paradise wrote: »
    I bet you'd die if you licked every coin, jewel, and dollar bill in Scrooge McDuck's money pit.

I don't know... but I would sure as hell try.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    If I could keep every coin I licked, then I would be licking coins like they've never been licked before.

Mustang on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mustang; filling coin purses with his tongue.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love licking coins

And by coins, I mean vaginas. Who needs money? Am I rite?

Mes3 on
    http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    Only you could find the bad points in a 90ft deep pool of gold coins and jewels.

:^: This has amused me no end.

Grenn on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I think those scenes freaked me out as a kid because I knew metal coins were heavy and you couldn't just dive into a pool of 'em like that....and therefore you couldn't swim in the them...

...and basically it resulted in me having one or two nightmares about drowning in coins.

I can only imagine what kind of traumas you endured from watching other cartoons that didn't depict physics in painstakingly realistic detail. You must have had to down some tranquilizers every time Wile E. Coyote came on the screen.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I can only imagine what kind of traumas you endured from watching other cartoons that didn't depict physics in painstakingly realistic detail. You must have had to down some tranquilizers every time Wile E. Coyote came on the screen.

They need to have a Wile E. Coyote episode on Mythbusters, just for the hell of it. See if you really can catch up to a vehicle while wearing rollerskates with a high-powered magnet strapped to your chest.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

They need to have a Wile E. Coyote episode on Mythbusters, just for the hell of it. See if you really can catch up to a vehicle while wearing rollerskates with a high-powered magnet strapped to your chest.

I always loved it when all the forks and knives and stuff started chasing him around. Although I do remember having a reaction similar to ND the one time I actually thought about what was going to happen to him.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I didn't really have a problem with Wile E. Coyote because he was always trying to get the RoadRunner. If for just one episode he would have been like "nah, I'll let him go" but he still gets fucked over then I'd be really upset for him.

This is the reason I can't enjoy Tom and Jerry. Tom's just trying to be a good cat- half the time he's just chilling on a pillow, sleeping,- and Jerry just waltzes over and puts like 100 mouse traps by Tom.

Jerry's a jerk :(

Nappuccino on

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man, my lady just sent me a map she drew in Illustrator. She couldn't find the McDonalds logo as a vector so she just took an M and drew it like the logo. It looks terrible, but it's so cute!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For a while as a kid I was always rooting for Wile E. since it was a matter of life and death for him. He was always mangy and scraggly, nothing but skin and bones. If he didn't get something to eat soon, he'd likely starve, so the roadrunner was his key to survival...

...but then I realized that if he could afford to purchase his armory of gadgets and explosive weaponry from ACME, you'd think he would just take that money and follow one of those heavily-driven desert highways to the nearest food joint.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I always felt bad for the Coyote. Kinda like how I felt bad for the Trix rabbit.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I always felt bad for the Coyote. Kinda like how I felt bad for the Trix rabbit.

I was always like, man fuck those kids. Just give the rabbit some goddamn trix.

Then I got a little bit older and I was like, man, rabbit, go hang out with some people who like you. fuck those haters. Also just go to the fucking store and buy some trix for fuck's sake. Fuck, man.

I used to say "fuck" a lot as a kid.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I imagine that Scrooge left the migrant workers who built his money pit at the bottom when he started filling it so that they couldn't tell anyone about it.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hahaha! DMAC, you're crazy. When I learned how banking works I wondered why Scrooge never put his money in a bank, he's missing out on some crazy interest! Also, he needs to diversify his portfolio: Foreign stock, bonds, investment.

I wonder how someone with such a poor handle on finances made so much money.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man, my lady just sent me a map she drew in Illustrator. She couldn't find the McDonalds logo as a vector so she just took an M and drew it like the logo. It looks terrible, but it's so cute!

Scold her for poor graphic design! :wink:

NibCrom on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hated tweety bird so fucking much.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I still hate tweety bird

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have you guys seen the new threee-dee animated roadrunner cartoon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUNgUeBwDnA

That's not the one I saw but I think they're a little disturbing. When you put a character in three dimensions it kinda makes them more real, like they should operate in the realms of reality more. When it's a drawing you can squish it and stretch and it looks natural but these 3d animated cartoons are a little painful to watch.

edit: I mean look at this! How do you fuck this up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUq9hynzCVo&feature=related

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »

Scold her for poor graphic design! :wink:

No way, man. She will never forget! NEVER!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    As a kid, I never realized how much thievery was in cereal. Trix rabbit, Barney stealing Freds Fruity Pebbles, Cookies Crisp Dog & Robber, etc.

Mynt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fuck student loans. I mean seriously.

Also: companies, please give me a job. Please please. ugh please

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thinking about what happened to a pokemon when they were caught and stuffed inside a tiny metal sphere is what creeped me out as a kid. There was even an episode where you saw a cross section of a psyduck sitting inside one, surrounded by sharp moving metal parts, barely enough room to move. No wonder these creatures are so vicious, I figure they've been traumatised in to a violent dementia, only able to express themselves by saying their own name over, and over, like they're trying to remember who they were before they were taken from their natural habitat by force, then commanded to fight for sport.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I hated tweety bird so fucking much.

Tweety bird is the worst.

Speaking of warner bros. animations, does anybody remember the one that involved the smoking habits of people trying to cram as many cigarette's into their work breaks as possible? It certainly would've been banned, but I remember thinking it was hilarious as a kid.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.