As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You Don't Get to 0-5 Without a Team Effort [NFL]

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like the Steelers. Unlike most teams they don't need a QB to do good. They went to Super bowl 30(?) with whatshisface and would've won if it wasn't for whatshisface forgetting that the Steelers colors are not the Cowboys colors.

Edit: I may be an asshole.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'll cheer for TJack Vikes. Favre Vikes can go to fucking hell, along with all the dipshits who are rooting for the Vikings because of that overrated dipstick.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Root for the Ravens. They're lovable.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    VestyVesty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    How could anyone hate the Browns? Their fanbase had to watch Baltimore win the Masters with their stolen golf clubs. Then they get a new set for Christmas, but it turns out they're left-handed clubs.

I'd imagine even their rivals in the AFCN feel more pity towards them than hostility.

If you're a fan of an AFC North team, and you don't unconditionally hate the other 3 teams, then gtfo.

Cincy, Cleveland, and Baltimore can all suck it.

Vesty on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Titans being lovable is a concept so alien that my mind just blanks it out. I can't even picture it.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone think that Favre really wants to get to 300 starts, any injury be damned?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    terrible ESPN graphics
    500x_favrechryon.jpg
    gotta collect them all

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    original.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Vesty wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    How could anyone hate the Browns? Their fanbase had to watch Baltimore win the Masters with their stolen golf clubs. Then they get a new set for Christmas, but it turns out they're left-handed clubs.

I'd imagine even their rivals in the AFCN feel more pity towards them than hostility.

If you're a fan of an AFC North team, and you don't unconditionally hate the other 3 teams, then gtfo.

Cincy, Cleveland, and Baltimore can all suck it.

Pretty much. Everyone who's a fan of AFC North teams hates the other teams. Cincy and Cleveland have the whole in-state thing going on, Pittsburgh and Cleveland are right next door to one another and have had a rivalry since forever, Baltimore are still the old Browns so the Steelers hatred there burns bright as well (and Cleveland hates them for an obvious reason)....the only real "can't think of any good reason to hate" line would be Baltimore/Cincy. But I'm sure they do anyway.

/still kinda pities the Browns, despite being from Pittsburgh

Jragghen on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mrt144 wrote: »
    the Ny press is gloating about taking out romo

well the Post they're assholes

Yeah I heard that this morning while I was sleeping at like 6 am.

That's why I hate New York fans. If we would have just ended the Giants season it would have been a non-issue/on to the next one. Back when the Cowboys were beating the shit out of the Giant's one or two seasons ago no one gloated. You just don't do that to teams that are beneath you, it shows a lack of class.

Stay classy, New York.

With that being said I'm looking for a new team to root for this season.

It's the fucking NY Post. Get a grip.

Seriously, I wouldn't trust the NY Post or the Daily News as the arbiters of Giant fandom. What a bunch of douchehat newspapers. I picked up a copy and visibly winced when they had a picture of injured Romo splashed across the back page with the title,"Rest in Pieces". Reeeeeeeeeeal classy.

The dominant opinion across most of the NYG blogs and fans I know is that beating the Cowboys is always delicious (SO DELICIOUS), but you never want to wish an injury like that on anyone. Broken collarbones are no joke, and Romo's a tough dude for wanting to come back in and play.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Speaking of the Browns, one of my favorite lines from Zombieland is, "I have to take the Browns to the Super Bowl."

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And the Troy Smith era in San Fran has begun. I figure in two weeks Singletary will start some hobo saying that "He gives us the best opportunity to win".

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm, can they black out any game, even Monday/Sunday/Thursday nighters? I've gone from "hell yeah niners in san diego in Decemeber, I'm going!" to "fuck this shit I'll watch it at home, maybe" to "Currently 1-6 vs 2-5, chargers have already been blacked out twice, will I even be able to watch this game?"

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gyral wrote: »
    And the Troy Smith era in San Fran has begun. I figure in two weeks Singletary will start some hobo saying that "He gives us the best opportunity to win".

One of the PA's could start for SF this month!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I hurt my ankle this week...and I may have diabetes. If SF was in the NFC north id be a sure lock as the next QB.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah they even have a murderer playing for them.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »

I hurt my ankle this week...and I may have diabetes. If SF was in the NFC north id be a sure lock as the next QB.

So you're the Jay Cutler of PA D&D.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Calling it. Tim Rattay will be a Niner again before the end of the season.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Hmm, can they black out any game, even Monday/Sunday/Thursday nighters? I've gone from "hell yeah niners in san diego in Decemeber, I'm going!" to "fuck this shit I'll watch it at home, maybe" to "Currently 1-6 vs 2-5, chargers have already been blacked out twice, will I even be able to watch this game?"

That's assuming they don't drop the game in favor of a better matchup.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

Yeah they even have a murderer playing for them.

So does Pittsburgh. Oh wait, that conversation was a couple pages ago.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Pellaeon wrote: »

That's assuming they don't drop the game in favor of a better matchup.

Do they move Thursday night games? I thought they only flexed Sunday games since you just have to change starting time, where with monday/Thursday games you have to change to a different day which would be a much bigger pain.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They only change Sunday games.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Simjanes2kSimjanes2k Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, odd request.

There's a new Coors Light Silver Bullet Pint radio ad that uses the FOX NFL jingle as the music, while some dudes sing about the new can or whatever they have. It is the most gloriously epic masterpiece in the history of sound. I need this song in digital form on my hard drive more than I need my next breath of air.

I have searched Youtube and Google to no avail. All I can find are the series of Coors commercials where they cut tape of coaches saying one-liners on the sideline and weave it in to some guys talking about beer. Also Billick's book tour stuff.

Someone more net-savvy than I maybe knows better where to look?

Simjanes2k on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah they only flex Sunday games because moving to/from Thursday/Monday games would impact flight and lodging bookings/reservations.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Theres actually a lot of those NFL song coors commercials....

heres one for monday night.

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/vbmrnvkrjm--Coors-Light-Monday-Night-Football-Song-Coors

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Troy Smith isn't a bad QB though. He was supposed to start ahead of Flacco in 2009 I believe but got a severe case of tonsilitis and lost 20 lbs. The rest is history.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Packers have lost their 11th player for the season because of injury. Man alive.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, the NFC North is a mess.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    *snip*

Yes they were 1-4, but they were at least in every game. Are you really trying to argue that Romo to Kitna isn't a MASSIVE downgrade?

My point was that Tony Romo sucks, and the Cowboys suck regardless of who's playing QB. I didn't think I had to add "Jon Kitna also sucks" to that in order to clarify my point. Feels redundant, like, saying Jon Kitna sucks is like saying water's wet.

Re: finding another team to root for...seriously, root for Buffalo. They need it, you guys...

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Romo doesn't suck. This coming from someone who hates the Cowboys.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ok, Romo doesn't suck. But he's nowhere near as good as the talking heads would have us believe.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Warder45Warder45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Troy Smith isn't a bad QB though. He was supposed to start ahead of Flacco in 2009 I believe but got a severe case of tonsilitis and lost 20 lbs. The rest is history.

Agree'd, he should be better then Carr and more fun to watch at least.

Warder45 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the Jets are lovable!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the Jets are lovable!

lets go get some goddamn snacks

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warder45 wrote: »

Agree'd, he should be better then Carr and more fun to watch at least.

But he is relatively short therefore incapable of being a decent quarterback :P

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There was a point in Baltimore where most of the players were behind Troy Smith starting, while the coaches and front office were leaning towards Flacco. Could've been a black/white thing, but I like to think he has potential.

And if I remember correctly, he was being touted as a 1st-round pick before the Florida game (during which his O-line simply collapsed)

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    fortis wrote: »
    Steelers fans are the biggest assholes on the planet. Especially ones who were born and raised here in Ohio.

Yes, the ones here in central Ohio are some of the most insufferable fans I've had the misfortune of meeting. My father works with quite a few of them. They're just downright mean for some reason. I think they're overcompensating since they live in Ohio.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    fortis wrote: »
    Steelers fans are the biggest assholes on the planet. Especially ones who were born and raised here in Ohio.

Yes, the ones here in central Ohio are some of the most insufferable fans I've had the misfortune of meeting. My father works with quite a few of them. They're just downright mean for some reason. I think they're overcompensating since they live in Ohio.

You have to be pretty far down the ladder when your fantasy life is to associate yourself to a dying steel town*.
    Pittsburgh is actually very nice, much more than you'd think but that would kind of ruin the joke

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There was a point in Baltimore where most of the players were behind Troy Smith starting, while the coaches and front office were leaning towards Flacco. Could've been a black/white thing, but I like to think he has potential.

And if I remember correctly, he was being touted as a 1st-round pick before the Florida game (during which his O-line simply collapsed)

i think anyone who thought leak or smith had a shot at being a starting qb in the NFL were being a tad optimistic

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How are the Raiders not lovable

they just put up fifty nine adorable points Sunday

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
This discussion has been closed.