As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW][Chat] Cata cata cata pon! (LOTS OF INFO IN THE OP)

1565758596062»

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Melee have the drawback of being up the boss's butt.

Which I don't like even before you introduce things like boss farts.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The point is that they nerfed cleave effects and are attempting to move melee to a more 'smart cleave' system where they have to choose between dealing cleave damage or do high single target damage. Their reasoning behind this is that ranged have to make these decisions because all of their spells are single target, except the ones that are built for AoE.
    Yes, this. No one is saying "melee can't cleave at all anymore." But the nerfs and changes to mechanics/numbers mean that melee who try to cleave in Cata like they do now will be dropping something else to do so. Hell, if there are few enough cleave targets, it might be a DPS loss to go into "cleave mode."

Feral druids in WotLK, for example, actually did more by switching to Swipe if it was hitting 3 or more targets. Swiping bone spikes if they were properly clumped was actually a DPS increase and what you're supposed to be doing anyway, so you could be playing smart and meter epeening at the same time (vs., say, casters, who lose meter peen by switching to bone spikes). As a cat you probably won't want to Swipe anymore unless it's going to be hitting 5+ targets.

Unholy DKs, at least, are losing a shitload of cleave power with no more Wandering Plague and an increased resource cost on applying/spreading diseases. Frost will probably still be decent with Howling Blast.

forty on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Isn't Cleave (and I'm referring to Cleave specifically) still actually pretty good, since the hotfixes? I know our warriors were talking about it being stupid good still last night during raid, and looking at the parses our prot warrior had 221 average hits of 6820 and 132 crits of 13405. Our Fury had 118 hits of 12747 and 108 crits of 24088. That seems pretty high to me, even if it didn't get utilized in many boss fights that night.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if 4.0.3 reversed that.

End on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Back to an earlier discussion, I'm curious if the people who cried about the zombie invasion being disruptive are going to be crying about Deathwing.

forty on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Isn't Cleave (and I'm referring to Cleave specifically) still actually pretty good, since the hotfixes? I know our warriors were talking about it being stupid good still last night during raid, and looking at the parses our prot warrior had 221 average hits of 6820 and 132 crits of 13405. Our Fury had 118 hits of 12747 and 108 crits of 24088. That seems pretty high to me, even if it didn't get utilized in many boss fights that night.
    I'm sure it is, but Whirlwind still isn't rotational, nor does it hit as hard, so it's still a diminished advantage vs. pre-Cata. That and the fact that warriors will, in theory, no longer be a dominant DPS spec due to runaway armor penetration.

forty on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    forty wrote: »
    Back to an earlier discussion, I'm curious if the people who cried about the zombie invasion being disruptive are going to be crying about Deathwing.

Well, we are talking about WoW here aren't we?

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

There will be bitching, moaning, and crying about it.

Hopefully Blizzard just says:

Deal With It

Aeyther on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »

Deal With It

Zombie invasion? Disruptive? Pfft, then I guess grinding to level cap is disruptive too, we should all start at the cap.

So stupid. Zombie invasion was fun.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Their tears will feed my hate.

Also I assume you mean 'Fury' when you say dominate spec, yeah?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Aeyther wrote: »

Deal With It

Zombie invasion? Disruptive? Pfft, then I guess grinding to level cap is disruptive too, we should all start at the cap.

So stupid. Zombie invasion was fun.

How dare you put fun over spreadsheet efficiency

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Nah, the Deathwing thing isn't a constant annoyance in every major populated zone. He shows up in a random zone, kills everyone and then leaves for awhile. It won't be like in the Zombie invasion, where all your NPC's keep getting turned into Zombies, every day, all day.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh shit yes new beta build with the new login screen.

Hopefully they actually made Chaos Orbs drop. :?

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people we actually have in the beta. We should try to organize and take a swing at Blackwing Descent one of these nights. Not like it'd be hard or have to get characters leveled up, since the new pre-mades come with a full set of heroic gear.

I'm mostly Alliance on Gilneas. Jump in /pennyarcade, maybe?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Nah, the Deathwing thing isn't a constant annoyance in every major populated zone. He shows up in a random zone, kills everyone and then leaves for awhile. It won't be like in the Zombie invasion, where all your NPC's keep getting turned into Zombies, every day, all day.

No, he just comes and turns NPCs into ASHES! :D

But you're talking about people who bitch that they have to PVP for the holiday metas, or that there is too much RNG. Oh they will bitch. For a laugh, I went to check out the Achievement forum the other day. Hallow's End is like the kind of RNG bitching holidays, and the forum did not disappoint! Honestly I don't even understand it. I've gotten like 15 Squashlings already, I've been doing nothing but vendoring this shit all holiday. How are people *still* having trouble completing Sinister Calling?

Actually, I'm calling it right now. People will bitch that they can't find Deathwing to kill them and get their feat of strength, within the first week he is available (maybe the first day).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm totally going to bitch if I can't get killed by Deathwing. :P

Also I thought the Zombie event was pretty cool.

But, I can understand that it was in fact disruptive for some people. I wish they would do more events like it, but if they do, they simply need to add an NPC that you can get a buff from to disable the event if you don't want to be bugged.

The rest of us can have a good time.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The only way Blizzard could separate characters from events like that is phasing. A character having a buff isn't going to keep McSquirtle the Vendor from being incinerated by Deathwing or eaten by zombies.

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    But you're talking about people who bitch that they have to PVP for the holiday metas, or that there is too much RNG. Oh they will bitch. For a laugh, I went to check out the Achievement forum the other day. Hallow's End is like the kind of RNG bitching holidays, and the forum did not disappoint! Honestly I don't even understand it. I've gotten like 15 Squashlings already, I've been doing nothing but vendoring this shit all holiday. How are people *still* having trouble completing Sinister Calling?

Hey, it was definitely very legitimate to bitch about it when the meta still required "A Mask for All Occasions". ;-)

End on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    oh shit yes new beta build with the new login screen.

Hopefully they actually made Chaos Orbs drop. :?

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people we actually have in the beta. We should try to organize and take a swing at Blackwing Descent one of these nights. Not like it'd be hard or have to get characters leveled up, since the new pre-mades come with a full set of heroic gear.

I'm mostly Alliance on Gilneas. Jump in /pennyarcade, maybe?

I`ve got some alliance premade on Gilneas. Once I am less busy I may take you up on that.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Again, blocked at work. Has there been any new content yet since Halion the Pink? I know I missed the Gnomeregan/Echo Isles events, just wanna see if I'm coming back to the same ol' shit until Deathwing makes his appearance.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Other than the Echo/Gnome Islands stuff, and the upcoming pre-cataclysm cataclysm, no, nothing new.

End on
This discussion has been closed.