As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF PbP Gaming Index

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I haven't really noticed one but it might just be me struggling with the different abbreviations in all the thread titles but is there a general discussion thread anywhere or is it all threads to specific games people are running at the moment?
    I was just wondering because I'm supposed to be taking part in my brother's upcoming D&D campaign because I told him I'd see what it was all about and I essentially know nothing right now. And I usually come to PA threads to learn about things such as this.

D'oh: found one

initiatefailure on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The general DnD 4E discussion thread cycles through pretty quickly, and it isn't one I follow, so I haven't been trying to keep it linked.

It's almost always on the first page, though.

Darian on
  • MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Congratulations are in order for jakobagger. Not only for winning as Tyrell in A Game of Thrones; but also for his first ever PbP victory. Huzzah!

Mordenthral on
    edited August 2010
    I think I missed your Horus Heresy game, somehow. Fixing that now.

Darian on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    The fifth game of Small World is now recruiting. Please note that the event rules a bit different this time, and will make for a swingy, chaotic game.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gotta keep tabs on Chaos in the Old World and Small World, both of which I need to buy physical copies of. Siiiigh.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    edited August 2010
    The fourth game of Small World has ended, with SlickShughes reigning supreme.

All hail.
    He lost his other game. Laugh at him.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    Gotta keep tabs on Chaos in the Old World and Small World, both of which I need to buy physical copies of. Siiiigh.
    I will be starting sign-ups for Game Six shortly. Keep an eye out.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    Small World, Game Six, is now recruiting.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    Congrats to SeGaTai for leading the Traitor Legions to victory!

The 2nd game of Horus Heresy begins here.

Mordenthral on
    edited August 2010
    Tenek just opened up a new BSG game. Get in whlie the getting's good!

Darian on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    INeedNoSalt has a DC Adventures RPG game going that's about Gotham City needed a new hero after the death of Batman. He's looking for a few people to post a character.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2010
    CitOW game 25 is beginning; as has become custom, sign-ups are taken from the discussion thread for the game.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    A Game of Thrones #4 is starting up here.

Mordenthral on
  • DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I really hope this is the right place to ask these kind of questions.

Should applicants for games using retail systems (sourcebooks) be expected to buy said resources if they want to play?

DJP3710 on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In some cases, like with D&D 4e, you don't necessarily need to. You can download the Character Builder and make characters up to level 3 without subscribing to D&D Insider.

For most games, if you're at least familiar with the rules, you can get along and people seem more than willing to help with clarifications. A lot of systems also have online Wikis as well.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited September 2010
    I was just checking if it's kosher around these parts to post up character creation information from a sourcebook, since technically that might take money away from the game company and publisher.

DJP3710 on
    edited September 2010
    Bushido game 2 (with the Tanin expansion) is starting here. Need one more player.

Mordenthral on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey, the DnD list needs updating: Dragon, a Princess, and Adventure and Tomb of Horror doesn't seem to be recruiting anymore.

samurai6966 on
    edited September 2010
    Chaos in the Old World game 20 just finished up; now starting game 26. As always, sign-ups are from the discussion thread.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Congrats to Darian for winning Runewars #2 as the Latari Elves.

Did someone say Arkham Horror?

Mordenthral on
    edited September 2010
    Announcing Rhapsody, a game using White Wolf's Storytelling System. I'm not sure whether it's false advertising to call it a World of Darkness game, so for the time being I won't.

DJP3710 on
    edited October 2010
    Dropping this message here for comment; should I keep the results in the OP for all games, some games, or no games?
    Darian wrote:
    Heya.

First off, I really appreciate the gaming index; it's incredibly helpful. I just want to ask if you could either remove the results or cover them with a spoiler or something? I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I like reading the threads, and it's hard not to read the end results when it's right next to the listed game.

I understand if it's just too much of a nuisance or something, just wanted to ask.

Cheers!

A lot of the thread titles tend to be changed at the end of the game, anyway, giving away the result. For BSG and CitOW in particular, I think the advantage of being able to quickly see the general trend in the games outweighs the gain from secrecy. I can switch all the other games to a simple completed or abandoned, though. Thanks for the comment.

Darian on
    edited October 2010
    Write the results by converting: result -> leet -> binary -> ASCII art -> hexadecimal.

Mordenthral on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Keep the results for CitOW, I'd say. I'm not really invested enough in any other games to offer a reasoned opinion.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited October 2010
    Now recruiting for a game of Formula D.

Darian on
    edited October 2010
    Twilight Imperium is recruiting (briefly and then for kibitzers/potential reserves)

Darian on
    edited October 2010
    Also recruiting for the next Game of Champions for Chaos in the Old World - former winners apply in the thread.

Darian on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Now recruiting for a new game of Pokemon Tabletop Adventures set in the Hoenn region.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2010
    Thymidine is recruiting adventurers for an exploration of the Temple of Elemental Evil (DnD 4E)

Darian on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you're looking for a DnD PbP with promise, The Fantastical Contraption is in need of a fine volunteer! Details on page 41.

Farangu on
  • livingandlearninglivingandlearning Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    I am interested.Thanks.

livingandlearning on
    edited November 2010
    EvilBadMan is recruiting for a Gamma World PbP

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Canticle is recruiting for a DnD 4E game, Second Darkness

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    After another of the games I'm modding finishes up, I would be willing to mod a game of Dune if there are 6 interested players.

Mordenthral on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    After another of the games I'm modding finishes up, I would be willing to mod a game of Dune if there are 6 interested players.

I've really been wanting to try that. Finishing my second read of the book a couple days ago hasn't diminished this desire. So, yes.

jakobagger on
    edited November 2010
    Taking another shot at Smallworld - recruiting now to start after Thanksgiving.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    And for those of you who enjoy following along a rousing game of 1000 Blank White Cards, simonwolf started one uphttp://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=131680 in stealth mode last week. Spectators may post in that thread, but only in italics.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Teyar is recruiting for a nWoD campaign; check it out, if you're into that sort of thing.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    jakobagger wrote: »

I've really been wanting to try that. Finishing my second read of the book a couple days ago hasn't diminished this desire. So, yes.

And this game of Dune is now recruiting

Darian on