As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.

1565758596062»

• Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What is it made out of?

Recoil42 on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the fire?

probably fire

Raneados on
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ash too.

I built my house out of wood because I prefer wooden homes, but different areas of trees are on fire, someone on the surface saw a lot of flames somewhere and other homes I noticed are also burning.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I spent the entire night tonight building and getting materials for my fort. I've basically been tending trees all evening. I was using trees for the columns around the walls and inside, but it got to be too much of a pain to tend to them once they got past a certain height, so I'm going to bring them back down to the ground and just keep tending them there. I'm keeping one though. My corner closest to the entrance. It's about 60ish blocks high and just keeps getting higher. It's awesome. I trim back the leaves, put a cube of dirt on top of the trunk, plant a sapling, and wait for it to grow. Once it grows I remove the dirt, place a trunk piece, and repeat. For a while my fort looked like a forest of redwood trees. The walls of the fort are all trunk pieces, while the floor is wood boxes for a nice wood plank floor.

I'll get pictures up later since I left it in a poor looking state right now since my battery is nearly dead and it's half trimmed.

It's on DiannaOChong's server. Look west from spawn for the tall tree. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fearghiall your place is totally not safe cause it's on fire. It was the last place I saw before I logged out.

So yeah the rest of you that built stuff in the Underdark, if it is flammable it was on fire and have fun rebuilding.

I've been building a stockpile of saplings in the grocery store in the lower Underdark near the farm and my house. There isn't much there but we lost A LOT of trees today, there should be at least one or two full stacks plus a few more. I don't know how many is in the main store room in Underdark.

They also dammed up the waterslide but Kris and Gun and I repaired it, the fucker used obsidian!

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Maybe Vic will have logs so we can ban the dumbshit.

Falx on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Someone needs to start a cube for cube copy of Legend of Zelda: SNES world map somewhere on one the servers.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    warban wrote: »
    Someone needs to start a cube for cube copy of Legend of Zelda: SNES world map somewhere on one the servers.

I posited the same thought a while ago, but I realised a problem with that. The inside of houses etc is larger on the inside than on the outside.

If someone did a Zelda map they'd have to either have to make the inside of buildings tiny or remake the buildings to be larger to fit to their inside dimensions.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    I posited the same thought a while ago, but I realised a problem with that. The inside of houses etc is larger on the inside than on the outside.

If someone did a Zelda map they'd have to either have to make the inside of buildings tiny or remake the buildings to be larger to fit to their inside dimensions.
    I think tiny, non-functional buildings would be fine. It'd be like wandering around the amazing little world at Lego Land. I mean, a little Link to the Past theme park for the relaxation of all you hard-working crafters. (Although, where would the crafter of the theme park relax? M I N E P A R A D O X) You could even have a themed rollercoaster going through it, or something, as a kind of tour monorail system. :^:

Edit: copied this reply to the new thread, please reply there.

gilrain on
  • ThordicThordic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My brother and I started building a viking village on the coast of the freebuild island last night. We have a keep, a huge meadhall, 4 cottages, and a (meeting hall? store?) so far. Next we're putting in docks and building a dragonship.

We're pondering doing a full-scale Colosseum after this is done, but the amount of work is immense. I'm thinking somewhere between 200,000 - 350,000 blocks if we did it full-scale. That's a lot of cobble.

Thordic on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How many layers are there in the game? I want to know how much stone I am going to need if I am going to go insane with this pyramid.

Couscous on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Glal on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thordic wrote: »
    My brother and I started building a viking village on the coast of the freebuild island last night. We have a keep, a huge meadhall, 4 cottages, and a (meeting hall? store?) so far. Next we're putting in docks and building a dragonship.

We're pondering doing a full-scale Colosseum after this is done, but the amount of work is immense. I'm thinking somewhere between 200,000 - 350,000 blocks if we did it full-scale. That's a lot of cobble.

That actually sounds pretty good. Huge, lots of work, but good!

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThordicThordic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah. It'd fit too. The colosseum was 50 meters high, so no problem there.

The mining is the worst part. It'd be much much easier in creative mode. We'll see how ambitious we get.

Thordic on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Id like someone people on Ein's server to help me scout out a nice mountain side to create a vault.

vault13.gif

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • RaekiRaeki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »

dig down and have there be a ladder going into all buildings, most of them were caves anyway.

Raeki on
  • NictelNictel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mined my first obsidian today as such, I feel I can now request to join the Steam group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/nictel/

Nictel on
  • KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, I know wildfire is generally frowned upon, but for the purposes of clearing tree brush that lacks it's tree, can we make flint and iron on the colapture server? I've found it to be immensly helpful in that role, though I know it has a potential for griefing as well.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wonderpug on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This game is amazing, wow. I've had it for about 48 hours and I can't stop building.

milk ducks on
  • MexifryMexifry Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    I've been playing single player for the last month and a half. It's high time to move onto bigger and better things!
    Any chance of getting added to the Steam group?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jesuslovesme

Mexifry on
  • FelixWaffleFelixWaffle Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    How do I go about getting added to this server. I would love to help build some of these projects that you have planned. maybe even just mine to contribute to the needed resources.

please pm me.

FelixWaffle on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You could try the right thread for a start.

Falx on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Look at the 2 posts right before yours, This is the thread you should be asking in

gunwarrior on
  • medibeemedibee Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    May i join the minecraft server?
    or what is the IP?

medibee on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    medibee wrote: »
    or what is the IP?

Sorry, but no.

Right now, N@W is reserved for PA forum members who have an active history and have been contributing to the forums for a while. Stay tuned for season 2, however!

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And if you want to be totally miserable... (just look at the current thread that has killed all discussion of the game)

Lt. Fragg on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel like I shouldn't ask because I won't be that active, and I don't want to take up a player slot that could otherwise be filled with an active player . . . but I donated $20. Could I get on team Water? (Only because my avatar is a blue Enforcer shirt and I don't want to change it :-p )

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    THIS THREAD IS FROM OCTOBER

STOP FUCKING POSTING IN IT

VALVEjunkie on
  • medibeemedibee Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    medibee wrote: »
    or what is the IP?

Sorry, but no.

Right now, N@W is reserved for PA forum members who have an active history and have been contributing to the forums for a while. Stay tuned for season 2, however!

ok. but what is season 2? And maybe you should make a copy of the private and make it into a public

medibee on
This discussion has been closed.