As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

1596061626365»

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't see how this is so hard.

exactly.

Angry on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You could make All-Star Superman work on the big screen, the biggest things to omit would be the Jimmy Olsen/Doomsday stuff and the League of Supermen issue.

Everything else would just need to lead into one another (like Luthor trigger the bizarro world to appear in order to break out of jail, leading into the final chapter). Some things would have to be trimmed down, like all those moments in #10, and the movie public would just have to accept that in a world with Superman, there might be somone like Quintum able to be right next to the sun, but it's no worse than say the Harry Potter universe. The viewer has to accept they are watching a movie about a comic hero and adjust their sensibilities; they did the same thing when Will Smith punches an alien and Randy Quaid saves the world.

TexiKen on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    stop spelling "ridiculous" with an "e", dammit

Centipede Damascus on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't see how this is so hard.

exactly.

Not really.

Solar on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When I first read All-Star Superman I wasn't sure whether the league of Supermen were actual mainstream DC characters. And I think Samson and the other one could work on the big screen, they'd fill an action quota I'm sure a studio would want.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I didn't see this discussed, but Iron Man 3 was confirmed for a May 3rd, 2013 date.
    http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/10/18/iron-man-3-to-come-to-theaters-2013/

Undead Scottsman on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2010
    And with that, go ahead and start a new thread. And pick a title that has nothing to do with 3D. You can do it. I believe in you.

DJ Eebs on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New thread title: The Walking Thread

Do it.

Munch on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    New thread title: The Walking Thread

Do it.

se++ has that exact thread tho!

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited November 2010
    damn

Munch on
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And with that, go ahead and start a new thread. And pick a title that has nothing to do with 3D. You can do it. I believe in you.

i would have (moving) pictures with thee/ i say thee play!

manji on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Walking Dead, good opening episode, although I really hope
    they don't try to Shaun of the Dead the zombies, and make them have them remember some traits of humanity. The little girl zombie picking up the teddy bear and the zombie wife knowing how to turn the door knob (in the comics I don't think they could do that, it was more just brute force against a wall; you have the scientist in later issues explain how the herd mentality works when they brush against a door.

It kind of seems to follow Kirkman's general pacing of the series too, to an extent; stuff happens and you're really looking forward to it, and then it just drags on. A vicious cycle.

TexiKen on
    edited November 2010
    Robert Kirkman to buy a giraffe and palatial Kentucky estate.

Seriously though, Walking Dead premiered with 5.3 million viewers, the biggest cable premiere of the year, and the best ratings AMC's ever had. I can only imagine Kirkman's going to get a huge pile of coin out of it.

Munch on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The pilot was called "Days Gone By"? That's kinda cool.

I like that it's slightly different then the book but close enough to share the same name and not fuck it up.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I made a new thread with an uncreative title because no one else had yet.

So...uhh...use it?

HadjiQuest on