As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OOC [Dark Sun] Shattered Lands

• KiplingskatKiplingskat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Unfortunately, he pulled that "Tormenting Howl" that negates that bonus. T_T

I posted, but if someone could double check my math and posting method, that would be much appreciated. I'm not sure if I got all the important info in or not.
    I finally hit something. First hit, yay!

Kiplingskat on
  • MendokusaiMendokusai Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey guys.. just a question about attacks of opportunity - if me and crowley attack, and hit persay, will there be an attack of opportunity given to uex if i move crowley behind the beast for some flank action?

if crowley were to say, immobilize the monster with his hit, would the AoO be negated?

Mendokusai on
  • DavidalBarronDavidalBarron Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And, congratulations, since you (Teo!) hit with the Action Point attack, Chet's Bravura Presence grants you a free basic attack or a free move. I don't think you have a basic attack with your implement, but you could move if you so desire.

DavidalBarron on
    Murphy Fogg, psioniCat and his thrall Edwin Cocalas, wizard

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited October 2010
    I just used one of my @Wills, does that not count as a "basic" attack? Doesn't matter much, since it was Epic Phail anyway, I'd almost rather take the Move.

Kiplingskat on
    edited October 2010
    @wills are powers. Unless there's Special text that says it can be used as a Basic Attack, it can't. A basic attack is either a melee attack like Chet just did (or a simple punch if you don't have a weapon) or a ranged attack, such as firing an arrow or throwing a knife, using your "basic" stats.

For example, from Coaxoch's sheet:

Melee Basic Attack (+2 Wrist Razors) Standard Action
    Target: 1 Creature
    Attack: +11 vs. AC
    Hit: 1d4+5 damage

Ranged Basic Attack (Thrown Dagger) Standard Action
    Range: 5 / 10
    Attack: +10 vs. AC
    Hit: 1d4+4 damage

Warlords have a lot of powers that let people do Basic Attacks. In this situation, though, Chet'll probably tap the Wizard, since he has a basic attack that's guaranteed to hit, or Kabocha, because she does a lot of damage.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited October 2010
    Hokay then, thank you for clearing that up.
    I'll get back up there and edit my last change. Exchange my failure for a basic move, then.

Kiplingskat on
  • J-BotJ-Bot Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yarrg, back from dinner/grocries/etc. stuff. Guess I'd better catch up and figure out what Mahzz's gonna do. (probably force orb the flayers)

wheee! Yes I'm loopy.....I'm kinda sleep deprived....woke up at 5am, and couldn't get comfortable again >_<

Lemme know if I forget a bonus on the to-hit rolls. *yawn/blink*

Also....how are we handling bonuses per round? Like....if someone does something that say grants combat advantage or some other to-hit bonus, does that take effect for everyone posting after them? Or will it not take affect until the next time we get to go? Just wanted to double-check how we're handling that.

J-Bot on
    "For art to appear, you must disappear." ~ Stephen Nachmanovitch
    Aedril character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=889486
    edited October 2010
    Sounds good, Wizard. You, Kabocha and Cha'Ka can get the flayers. I hate those guys.

It would please Chet mightily if the rogues would focus on Ix before he rolls in and starts screwing with Matt's single combat/delaying action. I think Remus needs to break cover and go archer Ix to death.

Everybody else, targets of opportunity. Ranged attacks especially appreciated on the big guy for strategic purposes.

edit: Damn! We're good at this. Let's see how screwed we are.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • aniketaniket Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    David, thanks, and don't worry about my range. With the Far Shot feat, my range is 15/25. I should be able to do better damage with the help of stealth. And once Uexitatl is the only thing that remains alive (as it is bound to happen) and flanked, I'll come out to make use of my Distant Advantage feat.

aniket on
    "In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice."
  • AmusingSNAmusingSN Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Posted my actions finally. Had a long night at work, and my actions were kind of complicated so it took a while.

I am, at least, keeping the combat dynamic!

AmusingSN on
    edited October 2010
    Oh jeez never mind, I didn't know your range was that long. Remus, do as you like.

Dude! Matt! That was awesome...Draj nobility is the best after all!

edit:

Seriously - this is a great group. I love having nine people to lay down fire in every direction. If we were playing D20 Modern we'd be unstoppable. (I'm more comfortable with guns than with swords & sorcery)

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited October 2010
    Completely random note:
    Apparently, according to Mia, if one of our characters dies, the next character we create will have to have a boomerang-like weapon with an attack/catchphrase equal or similar to:

"A flinga-flinga-flinga, come-on-righta-backa, do-a do again-a."

Kiplingskat on
    edited October 2010
    Don't tempt us.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • Aureus GreyAureus Grey Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Am doing what I can to help with the Flayers. Am trying to save my Poisoned Strike encounter power for the big demon.

Aureus Grey on
  • Zombie_Lord_DemusZombie_Lord_Demus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cactus Spirit
    Cactuar_beams.jpgcactuar.png

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited October 2010
    sometimes you make me want to die, Nick.

AmusingSN on
    edited October 2010
    My roll as grim reaper... is almost complete. Mwa HA HA HA HA HA

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited October 2010
    o_O

Cactuar is amazing.

and thus, I found picture you may enjoy...
    pepitothezombiecactusby.jpg

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    I jumped with excitement when i saw that ... :shock: <3 :^:

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited November 2010
    Where did our turd-burglar go?

And by turd-burglar, I mean Dan.

AmusingSN on
    edited November 2010
    I assume he's celebrating Halloween the old-fashioned way.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited November 2010
    That's weak. Very weak.

AmusingSN on
    edited November 2010
    I R Sad ZOMBIE

73006_1612981134965_1549403288_31511905_1235284_n.jpg

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited November 2010
    Oh, give him time. I think we all know how the morning/day after celebration feels. That's why Mia and I did it on Saturday. Otherwise my coworkers would have thought I'd come to work still in costume as..Zombie!Kat. X_X
    That zombie clown is amusing, but for some reason also brings back horrific childhood nightmares of the clown from 'IT'. *shudder*

Kiplingskat on
  • feeddannowfeeddannow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for the delay - I got caught out of town due to having too much required fun. There'll be a new turn today and much rejoicing.

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    REJOICE!
    with that "zombie clown" costume i won 3rd place this year

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited November 2010
    Rejoice! The DM is alive and well! (And can now commence pummeling us to his heart's content.)

Nick:
    Congrats on the costume award! .....I still say it creeps the hell out of me...which is probably the point...

PS
    I went all 'grammar-geek' and edited a post to fix some punctuation, and now it's appearing as the 'latest' post in the IC forum. Please tell me that's just a glitch, cause Teo moved much, much earlier than that...

EDIT: Ooh, oops, turns out I inadvertently double-posted. Will erase second post asap.

Kiplingskat on
  • RhieRhie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, yeah...I'll rejoice. So it looks like I will have internets for the time being. Woohoo! (Also no work - mwahaha).
    I've been focusing on just beating the tar outta the flayer. Anyone have any recommendations for additional Kabocha activities?
    If I fear/push something that I have marked, do I get to swing at it when it runs off?
    Also, is the flayer still marked or was that just til end of turn and I should have declared remarking it?

Rhie on
    edited November 2010
    Keep beating the tar out of the flayers until they become dead, then swing down to take out the big guy.

Assuming we survive the next round, that is.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited November 2010
    If I fear/push something that I have marked, do I get to swing at it when it runs off?

Forced movement does not provoke Opportunity Attacks.
    Forced movement is anything that says "Slide, Push, or Pull." And sometimes Teleport.
    Also, is the flayer still marked or was that just til end of turn and I should have declared remarking it?

No, the flayer is not still marked. Yes, that was just until the end of your turn. Yes, you should declare remarking it (I'm sure Dan won't mind if you just edit it in.)

Barring the use of some special sort of power, the fighter combat challenge mark lasts until the end of your next turn. You can apply it to any enemies who you attack (you don't have to hit).
    Sorry for the delay - I got caught out of town due to having too much required fun. There'll be a new turn today and much rejoicing.

Your excuses fall on deaf ears. DEAF EARS! Post faster or else you're in big trouble, mister.
    Assuming we survive the next round, that is.

Depending on heals, I predict our first casualty in 6-8 rounds. It'll be Matt.

The party will be wildly victorious though, as a whole!

AmusingSN on
    edited November 2010
    Ok, post is up - putting up the new map now too - My bets on casualties is for the bugman, personally- he seems to like being whipped.

My big bad is not dishing out damage just yet... but you wait... he'll get his day in the sun!

feeddannow on
  • aniketaniket Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Um.... Cha'Ka is hanging on 1 HP, according to wiki? o.O

aniket on
    "In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice."
    edited November 2010
    Yep. And he has ongoing 10, if I recall... so at the top of the turn, he'll be on his ass, rolling around, near-death.

But hey, you guys killed five of my precious sacrifices!

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    Dan you low-rent slum of a DM! You messed up with your map and what not.
    It's so not right.

Did you miss Crowley and Matt's moves?

Matt was in the mud with Ix and Uexitatl at Q19, Crowley was way the hell over at Q25.

Matt had Ix and Uexitatl both marked, and was adjacent to both of them, in difficult terrain.

AmusingSN on
    edited November 2010
    It's still wrong dan!

AmusingSN on
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for that, should be all clear now.

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    Question 1: Since crowley got hit by Uex's AoO, does that mean he didn't move?

Question 2: If I were to move to flank Uex (O22) does the fact that Matt is flanked negate my flank? players handbook said as long as we could both attack its a go.. so yes? maybe?

ps: Dan, you are surely a high rent DM...ropongi penthouse...Hilton suite... (piles on flattery to stave off death)
    plus - its only fair that he gets just at least half as many edits on his post as we do on ours.. lets see that means he gets.... oh, say 32 tries? ^____^

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    No, he moved - and I fixed it on the map to represent that. I forgot to update crowley's move before. Hence Uex attacked mat instead of Crowley the second time... since Crowley was well out of range.

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    So, still at work, can't post properly till later, but wanted to clarify here (since I don't have my manual with me)...
    1) since Cha is 'dying' he can't use a healing surge (even one another player might give him)?
    2) He's down to his last two saving throws? (but if he makes one he would get back into the black as far as HP?)

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for fixing everything, Dan!

I took Matt's turn. He didn't move anybody around, so everything is still where it is on the map, as far as I know.
    1) since Cha is 'dying' he can't use a healing surge (even one another player might give him)?

No, Chaka can use healing surges. He cannot, however, take any actions, so someone else has to give him the ability to use a healing surge, through a power or skill use.
    2) He's down to his last two saving throws? (but if he makes one he would get back into the black as far as HP?)

If he fails two more death saves this encounter, he'll be dead.
    He only pops back up if he rolls a natural 20 on the save.
    If you don't heal him, Chet probably will, so don't worry too much. This stuff happens all the time!

AmusingSN on