As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Walking Dead] Season one is over "Man I'm gonna get shitfaced drunk, again"

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I too saw the first episode...it was fantastic.

I'm slightly concerned as to how they are going to broach a few scenes in the future though...

Yeah, my wife (who loves the comic) says she can't see how they'll handle
    the deaths of some of the children. The decapitated girls and Carl shooting the other little boy come to mind.

Based on the first episode, (TV Show spoilers)
    I'm guessing they'll show that stuff. Rick shoots the zombie girl square in the head within the first five minutes of the show - the tone is established early.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i wish someone had told me this thread existed :(

i swear i searched for it a couple weeks ago

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Same here. I thought there was a thread, but never could find it............until now.

I tried watching around midnight then I saw the first zombie. It creeped me out because it looked so real, so I waited until the next afternoon to watch the rest.

Fantastic show.

Also,
    I think this is the first zombie related thing where I've seen the zombies tear apart an animal. They hold nothing back.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On a side note, I hope the success of this show allows Kirkman to finally get Invincible greenlit into a movie.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I assume it would make a good season ender, especially since it's only 6 episodes.

Edit: The show is supposed to follow the same story as the comic, but with deviations, sidestories and new characters thrown in. But I guess we will see.

So wait, is the first season only six episodes, and then a full run for season 2? or did they pick up a full season one?

I know that it got renewed for a full season already, I just don't know if it's first or second season.

Only first. Second season is not confirmed yet, but assuming it will happen, it will be 13 episodes.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/01/the-walking-dead-gets-a-second-season-before-the-first-season/

TVSquad disagrees about that first bit.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I know. Those news are two months old, and AMC has since come out and said they aren't true.

Edit: From IGN's news story about that same report:
    Update: AMC has contacted IGN, explaining they wanted, "to dispel the rumor that The Walking Dead has been renewed for Season 2, as that is not the case yet."

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I know. Those news are two months old, and AMC has since come out and said they aren't true.

Edit: From IGN's news story about those same news:
    Update: AMC has contacted IGN, explaining they wanted, "to dispel the rumor that The Walking Dead has been renewed for Season 2, as that is not the case yet."

Alas… All right, zombie fans, keep crossing your fingers!

Well... damn.

Here I was all hyped and you had to go and be right on the internet. That's not how this is supposed to work, damnit!

Taramoor on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So is there any way to watch AMC stuff online? Sunday at 10pm is bit late to watch an hour long show

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I saw the first episode last night (through entirely legitimate channels, I assure you).

Shit is off the motherfucking CHAIN.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    not sure how I feel about the sparkling zombies...

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mts wrote: »
    So is there any way to watch AMC stuff online? Sunday at 10pm is bit late to watch an hour long show

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I am not always near a TV on Sunday nights.

SteevL on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I saw the first episode last night (through entirely legitimate channels, I assure you).Shit is off the motherfucking CHAIN.

This part made me LoL.

A lot of the times shows like this get leaked to the internet on purpose to get word of mouth started early.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I too saw the first episode...it was fantastic.

I'm slightly concerned as to how they are going to broach a few scenes in the future though...

Probably just keep it off the screen and let people imagine.

Quid on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm really hoping that this premiering on Halloween doesn't hurt it. It seems to me that a lot of the zombie fan crowd might very well be out and about on Halloween :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm really hoping that this premiering on Halloween doesn't hurt it. It seems to me that a lot of the zombie fan crowd might very well be out and about on Halloween :P

Since it falls on sunday this year halloween is pretty much a weekend event. I know there is halloween events tonight, tommorrow and sunday. Alot of people I know (who are zombie lovers) are staying in Sunday to watch the show or have a party... and watch the show.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I am not always near a TV on Sunday nights.

From their website: "How else can I watch The Walking Dead? Purchase the season pass on iTunes. It's also available on Amazon, Cinema Now, Xbox and Playstation." It doesn't say if they will release episode by episode, but hopefully they will!

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You can't get that season pass on iTunes from out of the US sadly. Looks like I won't be able to watch it.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If only there was some other kind of way.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm kinda torn as to how I should support this show...

Short of flying to America to watch it, or buying cable tv, a lot of us are shit out of luck.

Might have to make some
    LEGALLY DUBIOUS DECISIONS

Honestly though, they seriously aren't allowing paid season passes outside of the US?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Finally caught up to issue 78 of the series. Soooooooooooooooo good. I nearly broke down after reading issue 48. Oh god.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Short of flying to America to watch it, or buying cable tv, a lot of us are shit out of luck.

Might have to make some

Honestly though, they seriously aren't allowing paid season passes outside of the US?

It's premiering in 120 countries in the next few days. I'm not sure of how "having to own a television to watch a new television show immediately" translates into "shit out of luck".

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Might have to make some

It's premiering in 120 countries in the next few days. I'm not sure of how "having to own a television to watch a new television show immediately" translates into "shit out of luck".

When is it on Australian tv? I can't find anything

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There's no way it's going to air in Scandinavia for like another year at least.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There's no way it's going to air in Scandinavia for like another year at least.

I'd say that translates to shit out of luck.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And I mean in Denmark specifically, because I don't know about Sweden or Norway.

Danish television is complete shit. The only AMC show we've ever gotten is Mad Men, and it doesn't actually air regularly, if it even airs anymore at this point. I honestly don't know if we'll ever get Walking Dead, considering no one gives a shit about horror in this country.

So I'm going find some way to view it over the internet. I'm pretty sure you actually can get stuff from the US Itunes store if you use a fake address. They don't really care as long as you pay.

Cherrn on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    CasedOut wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I saw the first episode last night (through entirely legitimate channels, I assure you).Shit is off the motherfucking CHAIN.

This part made me LoL.

A lot of the times shows like this get leaked to the internet on purpose to get word of mouth started early.

Have you besmirched my honor?

Pistols at dawn! :)

Deebaser on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I won't think less of someone who uses "methods" to watch it as long as there are literally no legitimate avenues, but they have to sign a form saying they will watch it sitting through all of the commercials when it finally airs where they are

override367 on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guys, it is a TV show about zombies, not a loaf of bread to feed your starving babies.

Do whatever you're going to do, but don't subject the rest of us watching you try to rationalize why what you are doing is "okay".

Let's talk about how I will probably be ignoring the doorbell tonight while this airs. ZOMG,Walking Dead is ruining childhood memories in the making!

Evander on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Somewhat OT: I thought that downloading TV episodes recorded from the telly wasn't outright illegal. I guess that information was wrong, right?

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Let's talk about how missing this show is akin to letting babies starve even if you have a loaf of bread in your hands.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Argh it's not on until Friday in the UK, nooooooooooo.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Let's talk about how missing this show is akin to letting babies starve even if you have a loaf of bread in your hands.

Look, they're zombie babies, they're not interested in bread.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ZeroCow wrote: »

Look, they're zombie babies, they're not interested in bread.

Right. It's not their fault that they bite the hand that feeds them.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I wanna show my friend this tonight. Which of the legitimate online versions are best? iTunes? Amazon?

Will they also actually be available when the show starts? Will there be a delay? Will it be available later if I'm not there at show time?

I'd rather not install the bloated piece of crap that is iTunes unless it is otherwise the best option.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's the home stretch WOO WOOOO

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's coming on!

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ZOMBIES!

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    First 30 minutes commercial free, awesome. I'm loving this so far. Glued to the screen.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One thing I didn't understand at all...
    how the hell did that soldier inside the M60 Patton get bitten and killed? He was in a friggin tank. How would the zombies have gotten in? The two hatches in the top of the turret and the bottom floor would've both been closed and bolted shut. The tank itself has a giant main gun and machine guns. You can wipe out tons of slow-moving zombies with those. And even if you run out of ammo for the guns, you can just drive the tank over the hordes of walkers. There is no way for zombies to bite and claw through the thick armor plating. Being in a tank is about the safest possible location in a zombie apocalypse.

Other then that... great episode for a great comic series. Yes, it's a comic series, not a "series of graphic novels." Sheesh.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh shiiiiit

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
This discussion has been closed.