As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]We're all waiting very, very patiently for class reveals. *twitch*

• BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    Charr Mesmer or bust, for me. Such a strange combination that will work so well. Infiltration, disguise, assassination... mmm.

They haven't announced the Mesmer class...have they?
    They haven't but I have. I officially announce that the following classes will be announced in this order: Assassin, Mesmer, Crusader, and finally Gunslinger. 8-)

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Female Sylvari assassin first for me. I guess like one of the main characters.

Also in my mind Asuran warriors are magically enhanced, like everything else they do. I feel like they have powered armor that puts them on the same footing as anyone else.

Xagar on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, they've said that no classes will be hampered by poor race choice, indicating that the racial abilities will be of a more general nature and will potentially help all classes. So the only issue will be a thematic fit you personally have in your own vision of the character, and you should be able to figure that out at character creation.

-Loki- on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The racial abilities are mostly nerfed cross-class abilities (old news). In other words you trade the pure power of your class skills for the flexibility of race skills. That's my take on it, at least.

So think Asuran warriors having magical projectile attacks, or Sylvari warriors having ranged snares. These would be less powerful than the analogous Elementalist spells.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Paris Game Week starts today, so...

New class reveal today. Calling it.

reVerse on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

I hope you are correct.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

I hope you are correct.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited October 2010
    Actually, looking at their schedule, they've got a "Central Stage demo" tomorrow, as opposed to every other day when it's just "Stage demo", so that's probably when they would announce anything if they were gonna announce anything.

Also because they day is just about over and they haven't announced anything.

reVerse on
  • LionLion Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I think the final demo for today just ended or will end sometime within the hour. Glad I'm not expecting anything or I'd probably be going crazy.

Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Unless the internet is not updating for just me, there seems to be no news.

I'm torn on what I want to play. I usually like tank/warrior characters in games like this, but the elementalist stuff looks like a lot of fun, based on what i've seen. Plus they haven't released the other classes yet.

As of right now my first is going to be either Norn Warrior or Sylvari Elementalist.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No news still? For all this waiting, they better be prepping a double class reveal! :evil:

Or something fantastic, I dunno. Plenty of fantastic things to work on, regardless; need to grab a copy of that art book still.

Also, this talk of Charr mesmers makes me want to roll one.

naengwen on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    *brushes away some cobwebs* Anybody in here?

ArenaNet must really be busy seeing as nothing of consequence has been revealed in the last few weeks. I'll keep you all posted for any updates when I can.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Architeuthis DuxArchiteuthis Dux Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm keeping sane by telling myself that they're working up to something amazing. You know, over and over, muttering it into my knees as I rock and whimper in a dark corner. Sane, right?

Architeuthis Dux on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm keeping sane by telling myself that they're working up to something amazing. You know, over and over, muttering it into my knees as I rock and whimper in a dark corner. Sane, right?

Panic! Crippling Anguish!

Rend on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'm keeping my eyes peeled, too. They did mention the Paris Games Week event in their blog, but nothing nothing newsworthy.

More time to try the first game out, I s'pose.

naengwen on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Charr kittens must be the most adorable things ever.

"D'awwwwwww. Hooosa cutest widdle kiddy cat in da whole wide wurld? Yes you are, yes you are! Coochie, choochie, coochie cooooo!"

And thus the war between Charr and Human began.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »

"Daddy I want one!"

And thus the war between Charr and Humans began.

The only class combos I think would be kind of weird is more or less Sylvari Warrior and Charr Elementalist.

Simply because a Charr would say "Well, I could spend years of training and listening to the elements, Or, I could use this gun" and that would be the end of that.

Sylvari would be too bewildered by the necessity of plate armor that completley separates them from nature. At least, in theory anyway.

Transporter on
    edited November 2010

"D'awwwwwww. Hooosa cutest widdle kiddy cat in da whole wide wurld? Yes you are, yes you are! Coochie, choochie, coochie cooooo!"

And thus the war between Charr and Human began.

And thus was Ascalon razed to the ground.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Simply because a Charr would say "Well, I could spend years of training and listening to the elements, Or, I could use this gun" and that would be the end of that.

Charr have pretty badass Elementalists. I mean, they razed an entire region of Tyria. You know, that little event called the Searing.

-Loki- on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »

Charr have pretty badass Elementalists. I mean, they razed an entire region of Tyria. You know, that little event called the Searing.

Either that or Prince Rurik left the cooking fire going, didn't want to tell anyone, and blamed the Char when it all burnt down.

Years of violence and bloodshed all due to his negligence.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Entaru wrote: »

Either that or Prince Rurik left the cooking fire going, didn't want to tell anyone, and blamed the Char when it all burnt down.

Given how critically stupid he was in combat, this would not surprise me one bit.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey! Have some respect for the dead.

He died for your... Er. Got crushed? Scragged by dwarves? Something about a door? I can't even recall.

It was probably something stupid anyway.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited November 2010
    LordOfMeep wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »

Given how critically stupid he was in combat, this would not surprise me one bit.
    Corehealer wrote: »
    And thus was Ascalon razed to the ground (by lack of an adequate Tyrian fire department).

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey! Have some respect for the dead.

He died for your... Er. Got crushed? Scragged by dwarves? Something about a door? I can't even recall.

It was probably something stupid anyway.
    Forgot to spoil this, major Prophecies(GW1) spoilers people.
    Technically he died to your hand as a zombie. :P

The second time around that is. The first time he plain old gets owned by some Dwarves.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some people have not played through these campaigns. Especially Prophecies since it is so painful. Utilize spoiler tags please.

REG Rysk on
  • YannYann Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I played through Prophecies a short time ago, and I couldn't even spoil people if I tried. I don't remember half of what happened, but I'm pretty sure it was stupid.

Yann on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yann wrote: »
    I played through Prophecies a short time ago, and I couldn't even spoil people if I tried. I don't remember half of what happened, but I'm pretty sure it was stupid.

I think the stupidest thing about prophecies was...
    When you're going across to the crystal dessert on a boat, and I think you have a forgotten on board with you. And the guy just says something like "Oh hey, you all /happen/ to be the chosen ones to destroy the Mursaat!" I just remember thinking, my god. What luck -.-

Varethius on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBxFOpEV5o&feature=player_embedded

This is another low level boss. And it looks kind of incredible for a low level boss

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Varethius wrote: »

When you're going across to the crystal dessert on a boat, and I think you have a forgotten on board with you. And the guy just says something like "Oh hey, you all /happen/ to be the chosen ones to destroy the Mursaat!" I just remember thinking, my god. What luck -.-

Well, it's a prophecy right? A hero's destiny and all that... Fortune playing a part is essentially a given.
    Zzulu wrote: »
    This is another low level boss. And it looks kind of incredible for a low level boss

Wow, the animations/reflections look sick, and it's a low quality video. I've seen that boss before but that is some nice footage despite the quality.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    edited November 2010
    Yeah; can actually hear the effects this time.

See, this is why we need this game naoooo D:

naengwen on
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Some people have not played through these campaigns. Especially Prophecies since it is so painful. Utilize spoiler tags please.
    My bad, thought I pressed the button when I didn't.

Fixed.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
    edited November 2010
    Zzulu's video is in the OP now, under PAX videos. Looks good.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Old video without sound: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/473/videoId/1824

you may be able to wring some blood from this stone

4rch3nemy on
    edited November 2010
    Varethius wrote: »

Prophecies story was all over the place. You did things with absolutely no reason other than plot.
    I'm saving Ascalon! Wait, Rurik says we must leave Ascalon and migrate to Kryta. Whatever, lets go. Now we're in Kryta! Lets totally forget about the settlement now that we've met these White Mantle guys and do what they say. Who is this? Shining Blade? They don't like the White Mantle? Let's help them kill them! And so on and so forth.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2010
    Wasn't there also this whole plotline about the dwarves in Prophecies?

The Guild Wars stories suck.

reVerse on
  • MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wasn't there also this whole plotline about the dwarves in Prophecies?

The Guild Wars stories suck.

Prophecies story sucks.
    Faction ain't that bad.
    Nightfall is pretty good.

Eye of the North is boring.

Maou on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I enjoyed Eye of the North...but probably more for the gameplay. It certainly had more plot than Factions and Prophecies.

REG Rysk on
  • Saint_DipsetSaint_Dipset Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MMORPG.com:
    How soon can players expect to learn more about PvP?

Colin Johanson:
    I can’t say for sure when we’ll release more information on that, only that all the information we release, we try to make sure that what we’re talking about is in the game, it’s working, and it does the things that we want it to do before we come out and we talk about it.

Quotes like this are why I'm jumping on the drool-covered bandwagon, much like when I was a lad of 13 and awaiting the arrival of Diablo II.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Charr-bell.

Saint_Dipset on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MMORPG.com:
    How soon can players expect to learn more about PvP?

Colin Johanson:
    I can’t say for sure when we’ll release more information on that, only that all the information we release, we try to make sure that what we’re talking about is in the game, it’s working, and it does the things that we want it to do before we come out and we talk about it.

Quotes like this are why I'm jumping on the drool-covered bandwagon, much like when I was a lad of 13 and awaiting the arrival of Diablo II.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Charr-bell.

I hope we get PvP like those 40vs40 BG in WoW and not Zerging World PvP like WAR.

Maou on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Most of the time the pvp in WAR was around 40v40 though.

It was just during the lagtastic forts (especially before they put in the caps) that you saw hundreds vs. hundreds on an engine that was obviously never stress tested for it. That shit was bananas though, I'd agree.

But the day to day stuff was either 40v40 or under, and was fun, so sure.

Astale on
This discussion has been closed.