As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Fallout 3 - DLC: Point Lookout: All sets!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, are the GOG versions of Fallout 1 and 2 easier to get working with Windows 7 64 than the Cd version?

If so, I might just buy the games again, no reason not to.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So the votes are in, or more accurately, the vote is in.....

I either have a lot of lurkers watching this or just one guy watching each one around 30 times :D

Anyway, it will most likely be Mothership Zeta next unless I have a last minute change of heart, until then:

Set 3: 1 vs 100!

atat23 on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Whoops, wrong thread.

I always did like Broken Steel, damn them for killing (or crippling) Liberty Prime!

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yeah, he's pretty crippled, I think all that they have in the citadel are his feet. I always thought that Rothchild's quest were you're supposedly helping to rebuild him should actually have had parts being added to the wreckage depending on how many cameras and sensor modules you handed over. After 1000 or so he should then be completely rebuilt.

Anyway, forget broken steel, onward to:

Mothership Zeta
    Set 1: Steamy Aliens

atat23 on
  • Options
    TwincityhackerTwincityhacker Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    I finally caught up to the most recent one, so now I can finally feel like I can comment and vote and stuff! It's neat to see a different playing style.

And was that a "The War of the Worlds: The Musical" reference in Steamy Aliens?

Twincityhacker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    it was indeed, my parents still have the old LP knocking around and it's pretty awesome :D

atat23 on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You win the internet for that reference.

Ul-la!!!!!

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hurrah, I win the internet but I lose at updates, bitter sweet :(

I actually recorded a set last night, then I went and played minecraft....time passed, and now I'm here apologising for not editing and encoding that set for upload today, damn you minecraft!

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mothership Zeta, set 2 lifting off.

Set 2: Avenging my Anus

atat23 on
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My internet was broken for a few days, so I only just managed to get caught up with Broken Steel.

Favourite part: "I'm at a loss for words."
    "Well that's a reward in itself."

Hybrid on
  • Options
    TwincityhackerTwincityhacker Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    I know this isn't a problem for Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage, but are you also going to do the sidequests in the DLC? I noticed that you skipped the sidquests in Broken Steel. But they are kinda uninteresting.

Twincityhacker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I was planning on doing the ones in Point Lookout at least but I didn't even think of the Broken Steel ones, oops.

They are fairly uninteresting but they are short and each one has at least one thing in it that might be worth showing. I'll probably just make them a bonus video and throw it up after Zeta is done.

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sorry for the delay with the last Zeta set, wasn't at home over the weekend and I left my laptop charger at my parents house, everythings on the laptop and I don't know when I'll have a chance to go back up and get it, should only be a couple of days though.

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    finally got around to editing this, it was about one minute to long to fit into three sets, I should really stop going off on tangents when I finish up the set.

Set 3: I hate forcefields

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yay, enemies are easy to kill again!

Operation Anchorage
    Set 1: My Beautiful Weapons

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Another set, another wall of updates.

Set 2: Invisible Bastards

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Good to see you showing off your leadership qualities as you lead your men on a glorious suicide run in the last set.

Anchorage seems neat, Zeta seemed kind of lame with the bullet sponge enemies. Apparently the other two DLC things had good story lines so I can't wait to see those.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It seems like ages between updates when I don't manage to upload daily, I'll have the last part of anchorage up fairly soon though.

All the DLC is better than I remember to be honest, but yes, the best are yet to come.

atat23 on
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just got back to watching this LP. I'm only at vid 69, but I'm lovin' it.

I also just got back to my own evil play through. Since the TP Tower quest was glitched and busted, and I couldn't complete it (the invasion just wouldn't end, so I was stuck homeless), I finally just went "Fuck it!", reverted to a way earlier save, enslaved everyone the game would let me (meaning every single one of the guards, and a couple residents), then slaughtered the rest. This is of course after handing over the love letter, robbing Anthony and Lydia (causing them both to leave and wander the Wastes forever), and enslaving Susan for Paradise Falls.

Then, of course, I found those who left, and killed the three of 'em. Then told Roy to move in.

I guess what I'm saying is, its nice to see someone else who shares my desire to make the Wasteland an even worse place.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    reaching those levels of evil takes planning and dedication, respect :D

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The end of operation anchorage:

Set 3: They're Listening...

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I give you The Pitt, all at once, because why not? it was done and I'd kept you all waiting long enough:

The Pitt
    Set 1: Brimful of Ashur Set 2: Baby in my pocket Set 3: Lights Out!

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    atat23 wrote: »
    reaching those levels of evil takes planning and dedication, respect :D

Planning like I've never done for a game before. I had to go out of my way to find all the nooks and crannies where I could be a dick, but not totally ruin the game.

If you go too evil, you end up with almost no content, because everyone is dead and has bite marks in them, or they think you're such an ass they won't speak to you and the quests go poof.

Who would have thought that being a complete tosser was such hard work?

I still haven't finished watching the vanilla stuff. I wanna skip it just to see The Pitt. Absolutely best part of F3, I'd say. I can't wait to see who you sided with.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I know this isn't a problem for Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage, but are you also going to do the sidequests in the DLC? I noticed that you skipped the sidquests in Broken Steel. But they are kinda uninteresting.

This post was playing on my mind, so:

Broken Steel Side Quests

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This has been uploaded for a while but as soon as I finished it I started New Vegas and all large chunks of my life vanished.

So sorry for slacking off, but...NEW VEGAS, woo!

Point Lookout
    Set 1: Asian Invasion Set 2: Penny and the Brain Set 3: I feel so betrayed

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So that's me done, I want to thank everyone who watched any of this, if you stuck with it to the end then a double super rainbow thanks!

My LP goal was really just Fallout 3 so I'm at a loss as to what I should do next, what ever it is it will definitely be a shorter game than this :D

[Final Playtime - 58:58]

atat23 on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So that's me done, I want to thank everyone who watched any of this, if you stuck with it to the end then a double super rainbow thanks!

My LP goal was really just Fallout 3 so I'm at a loss as to what I should do next, what ever it is it will definitely be a shorter game than this :D

New Vegas after a few months/you've had your time with it?

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I haven't had a chance to watch the last few sets yet but I've really enjoyed the whole thing so far. It's a hell of a job, with a giant game. Nicely done!

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, I'm sad you didn't use the metal blaster. 9 lasers! That only take 1 cell per shot!

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »

New Vegas after a few months/you've had your time with it?

lol, going by what I've played that definitely wouldn't be shorter.

I think someone has already started a New Vegas LP and Ninja Snarl mentioned that he was going to start one in a few months. Two on the same forum is ok, three might be overkill.

Plus the amount of problems I have even playing that game, with all the crashes I think it will be more than a few months till it would be stable enough for me to LP. I'd love to stop playing it until an unofficial patch pack came out for it......I unfortunately just can't stop :D

stfuad wrote: »
    Man, I'm sad you didn't use the metal blaster. 9 lasers! That only take 1 cell per shot!

wow, one cell per shot, I should pay more attention, the tri-beam laser ate through my MF ammo so that would have been handy.

Still, I'd always planned to save my Alien power cells till the end and just go nuts on whatever DLC I ended up playing last, I was originally going to use the Firelance till I saw the stats on the Alien Blaster.

atat23 on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for doing the DLC. I haven't reached the end yet... hell, I haven't even hit the start of the DLC yet, but I'm slowly working my way through this and since I've got the week off on holiday, I'm aiming to try and get finished watching this before I have to go back to work. With a bit of luck, I'll manage to avoid getting distracted from that goal.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Could you attach the Broken Steel side quests and PLO sets to the playlist for the LP?

Its not a big thing, but I liked being able to set it and let it auto-run itself. Right now it ends with the The Pitt.

I forget, but was this your first time with all the DLC? The Pitt offered up some choice lines, if you missed them. Referring to ghouls and super mutants gets a funny reaction out of people from The Pitt, since none of them know what they are.

Great LP, just about to start watching the BS side quest stuff.

Edit: Oh, also, becoming Lord of The Pitt when helping Wernher. Say the right things at the final quest/dialogue with him, and he'll give you the position, and become your lieutenant.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Done, they're all in the playlist now. I had my account open and ready to do that the other day so thought I'd done it already >_>

I've played all the DLC at least once, I've replayed parts of them. With the Pitt though I've only ever sided with Ashur and the slavers, that was the first time I'd sided with the slaves. I stick with my conclusion that leaving the child with her parents is the right thing to do.

Yeah I'd say I missed a lot of stuff, near the end of the Pitt you'll probably see me rushing through some of the dialogue as I have my eye on the time and it was rapidly approaching the 45 minute mark, I hate having a four part set where two of the parts end up at eight minutes each or something.

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Finally finishing watching, just started the PLO set.

"Hey! That was in NV! NV is just a reskin or something!"

Classy. Haha.
    Done, they're all in the playlist now. I had my account open and ready to do that the other day so thought I'd done it already >_>

I've played all the DLC at least once, I've replayed parts of them. With the Pitt though I've only ever sided with Ashur and the slavers, that was the first time I'd sided with the slaves. I stick with my conclusion that leaving the child with her parents is the right thing to do.

Yeah I'd say I missed a lot of stuff, near the end of the Pitt you'll probably see me rushing through some of the dialogue as I have my eye on the time and it was rapidly approaching the 45 minute mark, I hate having a four part set where two of the parts end up at eight minutes each or something.

Thanks for putting them in the play list.

Its definitely worth toying around in dialogue for The Pitt. You can learn a lot about Ashur and the history of The Pitt, plus a couple funny moments.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've just started working my way through the Pitt, but this was a great LP and I can't wait to see what you do next.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    Finally finishing watching, just started the PLO set.

"Hey! That was in NV! NV is just a reskin or something!"

Classy. Haha.

I've played about 26 hours of NV now and I'll admit I was wrong, it's not even a reskin it basically just Fallout 3.1 :D

Still awesome though.

atat23 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Finally finished watching all the videos! I was way behind there for awhile, especially after New Vegas came out, but gradually I managed to get through them and now I'm a little sad that there are no more.

I will say I was a bit disappointed that you started really rushing through things towards the end of the Pitt and on into Pointe Lookout... I liked back in the beginning where you'd wander around and just find weird shit that happens while in the wasteland, but I suppose I can't blame you for just wanting to get it done. Plus, I'm sure managing those huge videos was a chore.

Fantastic LP overall and I'm glad to have seen it.

Regarding NV, yeah it is basically Fallout 3.1 but the writing I think does make it stand out.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It was never a chore, I enjoyed it all but there were just certain things that I wanted to show in each of the DLCs, like the trippy quest in pointlookout and once that was done it was really just a matter of trying to keep the vids under 45 mins. In some cases the rushing was because I knew I was near the end of a quest line and I was trying to fit it all into one vid.

It was just always in my mind that I've seen people in the LP archive mention that around 30 minutes is what they prefer so it was always in my mind that my vids were way too long. I'll have to keep it in mind just to take my time and not worry about it if it has a negative effect on the LP. Well the next LP I do anyway.

atat23 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think in many LPs, it doesn't matter too much; only in RPGs is there lots of opportunity to dick around, and I'm sure it's tough to balance getting stuff done vs showing off all the side-activities. It's one of the reasons I'll probably never do a LP myself and instead be contented to critique other peoples'. :P

No worries either way... it was all enjoyable, but I just started to get the feeling you were rushing towards the end which, as I said, is totally understandable based on the fact you were getting towards the end and I had also read those other comments about the vids being too long.

I say screw people who think the vids are too long, because either the video is enjoyable to watch or it's not, and if it's too long to watch in one sitting, well that's something that can be saved for later. :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's one of the reasons I'll probably never do a LP myself and instead be contented to critique other peoples'. :P

screw that, I love this kind of feed back, most people are just content to watch and ignore the bad, I guess if I want a no holds barred critique I should go and post on SA.....but I think this level of feedback is enough for me :D

atat23 on