As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Starcraft 2: Lobbying like damn!

• dsplaisteddsplaisted Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is there a place to watch the interviews Tastosis do with the winners of the Gomtv matches if you didn't catch them live? I have a premium subscription.

dsplaisted on
    2850-1.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    dsplaisted wrote: »
    Is there a place to watch the interviews Tastosis do with the winners of the Gomtv matches if you didn't catch them live? I have a premium subscription.

Press GomCam on the Gomtv site.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    dsplaisted wrote: »

http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/gomcam/

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    DMR and kedinik hold up until next game, I can't add you from in as I don't think there is a command like there was on the original bnet and that ingame friends popup doesn't cut it.

stimtokolos on
  • KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sorry Joe, in a game

Keamien on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ggs all round.

Especially kendik for being cool and FEing ZvZ just like I do.

stimtokolos on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Who wants to bet that Fauxer's using Marines to counter the unit that is supposed to damn near hard counter them is going to result in nerfs?

3cl1ps3 on
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I need some kind of PvZ strategies that don't involve midgame colossi. Right now I've only got two real strategies in mind, and one is the bog-standard "build colossi and shoot zerg" while the other only really works on certain maps. Everything else seems pretty gimmicky or else just plain bad (like midgame voids).I could get templar instead of the colossi, but that hardly seems any different.

Anyone have any grand ideas for a carrier midgame? They seem underused and I'd like to find something that works using carriers. They're really not that much more gas intensive than colossi. Without the ability to feedback corruptors, though, carriers are easy to counter.

CycloneRanger on
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll take that bet. Blizzard isn't stupid (usually).

mEEksa on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    not me, because sick micro vs banging your head into a wall and refusing to change strats should never be nerfed.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited November 2010
    I need some kind of PvZ strategies that don't involve midgame colossi. Right now I've only got two real strategies in mind, and one is the bog-standard "build colossi and shoot zerg" while the other only really works on certain maps. Everything else seems pretty gimmicky or else just plain bad (like midgame voids).I could get templar instead of the colossi, but that hardly seems any different.

Anyone have any grand ideas for a carrier midgame? They seem underused and I'd like to find something that works using carriers. They're really not that much more gas intensive than colossi. Without the ability to feedback corruptors, though, carriers are easy to counter.

zealot immortal into carrier could have some potential. The only thing you gotta worry about is him going heavy corruptor, but I'm pretty sure voids beat those pretty hard.

TheStig on
  • MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Instead of nerfing marines they should buff the baneling!

Double the speed and quadruple the splash radius!

Also, they no longer suicide, instead it's just a regular attack!

There I fixed it...

Maratastik on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Unless we see every other terran pro that's not foxer, boxer and nada doing it, it'd be pretty dumb to nerf it.

When we NA pros doing it, maybe something needs to be done.

banes need a speed nerf especially with upgrade!

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

zealot immortal into carrier could have some potential. The only thing you gotta worry about is him going heavy corruptor, but I'm pretty sure voids beat those pretty hard.
    Eh, I'm not sure about zealot/immortal (that would really encourage mutalisks, which could easily get out before I'd have even a single carrier).

Going carrier and then back-teching into voids later on has some potential, though.

CycloneRanger on
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That wouldn't fix anything Olorin!!!11!! Zerg just doesn't have any good scouting options. Those units are useless when banshees suddenly come out (what a ridiculous unit. Banshees are pretty much flying collossi without splash and the ability to cloak. How is that balanced?)

mEEksa on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anyone up for a few rounds?

Guek on
    edited November 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

Eh, I'm not sure about zealot/immortal (that would really encourage mutalisks, which could easily get out before I'd have even a single carrier).

Going carrier and then back-teching into voids later on has some potential, though.

Hmm true. Zealot sentry immortal? You could push on him until the mutas came, and then just play passively for a while until you got your carriers up. He will take 1 or 2 xps when he gets his mutas and you retreat to your base, but when the carriers get there you may be able to squash them.

TheStig on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Marines are pretty much ultras with the ability to attack from range and stim.

JAEF on
    edited November 2010
    also they shoot up.

TheStig on
  • KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and can be healed easily.

Karmond on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TERRANS MORE LIKE OPRANS AMIRITE

3cl1ps3 on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LiquidTyler (aka Nony) and Idra are playing a $400 showmatch tomorrow. Should be interesting if nothing else.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=165609

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Go Nony!!! Yeah!!!

Lemming on
    edited November 2010
    Phooooeenniixxxxxeeesss

3cl1ps3 on
  • EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fake Boxer v. KyrixZenith game 5 was amazing, holy shit

EggPuppet on
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    2 hours to go!

A bit bored so made todays pic purrtier

gsls2ro8d2.jpg

peacekeeper on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just out of curiosity, how are peoples manners in the higher leagues? I desperately want to get out of bronze, if only so that my 'gl hf' isn't met by 'fag' or 'fuk u' in every 3 out of 4 of the games I play, followed usually by cannon rushing, gas stealing and other general cheesery. I still win most of the time vs cheese, but there's no fun in it, especially in my last game where my terran opponent lost all units, only had two buildings left and I had zerglings burrowed at every expansion, but instead of gracefully leaving he forced me to slowly whittle them down with my couple of hydralisks.

I really wonder what drives these people to be dicks.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Manners are quite good in diamond. Look forward to it. Glhf is met with another glhf 90% of the time. When people lose they either give "gg" or nothing or "man, you have too many bases. well played! gg" You get the idea.

TheBog on
  • VarinnVarinn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    I laughed :lol:

Varinn on
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Riale wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how are peoples manners in the higher leagues? I desperately want to get out of bronze, if only so that my 'gl hf' isn't met by 'fag' or 'fuk u' in every 3 out of 4 of the games I play, followed usually by cannon rushing, gas stealing and other general cheesery. I still win most of the time vs cheese, but there's no fun in it, especially in my last game where my terran opponent lost all units, only had two buildings left and I had zerglings burrowed at every expansion, but instead of gracefully leaving he forced me to slowly whittle them down with my couple of hydralisks.

I really wonder what drives these people to be dicks.

People are pretty nice higher up. The worst I've seen was a guy who raged so hard because I caught him off guard that the called me a maphacker and quit. In other words, things are pretty good.

And sometimes people write weird shit that I don't understand but it usually turns out that they are just French.

Movitz on
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Most of the time I get a glhf or u2 reply to my own glhf, I rarely get a gg but whatever. I've only had maybe 5-10 dumb ragers out of 200ish games.

peacekeeper on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    man gas stealing isn't cheese

it is totally legitimate

SuMa.Lustre on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    3clipse wrote: »

What the hell does Oprah have to do with Starcraft?

Edit-

Everything is a legitimate strategy unless you lose to it!

Also it's starting

SkutSkut on
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cast has started! Get into the Live test stream before the internet melts down!

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    god those sticks are just fucking obnoxious

as bad as vuvuzelas...

Dhalphir on
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    but

but dhal

they're culturally significant

thunkthunkthunkthunkthunkthunk

Super Namicchi on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    god those sticks are just fucking obnoxious

as bad as vuvuzelas...

I don't see how, vuvuzelas sound like a swarm of angry bees and drown out all the audio. Knockers (I'm callin them that :P) aren't that obtrusive.

Double 6pool on Steppes go!

SkutSkut on
  • YannYann Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    NesTea has my shirt!

Yann on