As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Voting Time!

skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++
Time to vote for which comic should be expanded upon first

Sand
1065610038_yYzNb-O.jpg

The New Kid
1068437334_vZatc-O.jpg

Queen of Bells
1072559048_SfBvC-O.jpg

I'm leaning towards Sand or The New Kid.
What bout you?

skettios on

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's already listed in the appropriate order.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I was so sure I wanted more Sand at first but the New Kid really has potential I kind of want expanded upon. Not sure yet at all

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Voted sand.

I am a sucker for cowboys.

101 on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Yeah I was so sure I wanted more Sand at first but the New Kid really has potential I kind of want expanded upon. Not sure yet at all

Same.
    I'm definitely going to need another day or so to mull over it before casting my vote

skettios on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I kind of wish the guys would do a few months worth of this different ideas. It's obvious they really want to and I, as a reader, really enjoy them.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My order of preference would be:

1. The New Kid
    2. Queen Of Bells
    3. Sand

Cowboy Jesus doesn't really do it for me I guess (though the art was really nice), and I love the stories Jerry & Mike tell about their kids so cute space kids wins it for me.

Ten on
  • LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New Kid all the way, Sand is second though.

And hell, I really wanna see Belruel too, but if we only get two, then New Kid and Sand.

Lardalish on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    votin 4 belruel

i like the art a lot

Clint Eastwood on
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New Kid

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    basically flipping a coin between Queen of Bells and The New Kid

honestly don't give a shit about Sand

MrMonroe on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    votin' queen of bells

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    going New Kid, but I wouldn't mind if Sand won, because there isn't enough cowboys around

Franko on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Voted for Sand. Belruel ought to grab me, but it doesn't, and I don't know why.

Aroused Bull on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just love the dialogue in Sand. It just works.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    even though the other two look really neat

Sand gets my vote by a mile

Speed Racer on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You may have noted that the dialog in any Penny Arcade strip is concise, never being drawn out such as real conversations are; therefore Sand lends itself best to Penny Arcade. Thank you and good night.

Endless_Serpents on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Voting for my Belruel.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Belruel. By virtue and by default. I saw nothing of any kind to sell me on Sand or The New Kid. I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm sure they have some good ideas behind those pitches, but in both cases I felt like it was as promise, not a taste.

YoungFrey on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You may have noted that the dialog in any Penny Arcade strip is concise, never being drawn out such as real conversations are; therefore Sand lends itself best to Penny Arcade. Thank you and good night.

Queen of Bells only has one word in it though

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    In Sand, the narrator is the AI, right? Am I reading that right?

Aroused Bull on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    skettios you should make the op a poll, so we can see how it rolls in se++

Langly on
    edited November 2010

Most likely. The backstory stuff says that an AI creates clones of biblical prophets and then sends them out into the world, so it's probably that the voice he's hearing is that.

Speed Racer on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Voted for The New Kid.

Sand would be cool, Queen of Bells really did nothing for me.

Jimothy on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I'll vote for Queen of Bells, because I think it would be interesting to see them do a story with a female protagonist. But I also like Sand.

Platy on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Queen of Bells only has one word in it though

Well okay, you got me. But what I'm saying is New Kid is not The One.

Endless_Serpents on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm hoping for a Jim Darkmagic - Belruel crossover event.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Voted for The New Kid.

Sand would be cool, Queen of Bells really did nothing for me.

My feelings exactly.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Seems like it's almost an even split, as far as forum opinion goes. Which is pretty much how it is for me, really hard to pick just one. They all have fantastic potential.

KalTorak on
    edited November 2010
    I think I would probably like Queen of Bells if I saw more of it, it's just that what I see now doesn't really interest me the way Sand does.
    The New Kid works great just the way it is.

Aroused Bull on
    edited November 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    voted for sand because I am gay as hell for cowboys

wait hold on now

Speed Racer on
  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    dammit, i was all about sand.

but that belruel comic calls to me.

but sand has more possibilities for orignality.

but i want to see where the new kid goes.

hhhuuuurrrgghh.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
    edited November 2010

Most likely. The backstory stuff says that an AI creates clones of biblical prophets and then sends them out into the world, so it's probably that the voice he's hearing is that.

where are you getting this?

I didn't get down with Sand because it didn't hold any promise for me; I got to the end and exactly the same amount of knowledge about the universe as when I started, save three points:

1) There are cowboys
    2) This dude doesn't die from being hanged
    3) There is an annoying voice coming from somewhere

Where did you pick up an AI creating robo-jesuses?

MrMonroe on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Queen of Bells.

I liked the art more, and I like the premise more.

But I'm really impressed that they forum all seem to be running in multiple directions. It's says a lot about Gabe and Tycho that they're able to offer such promising work that each of them has appeal across their broad fanbase.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cowboy are only trumped by space cowboys

Sand it is

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Queen of Bells because you can never have enough fantasy stuff.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited November 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »

where are you getting this?

I didn't get down with Sand because it didn't hold any promise for me; I got to the end and exactly the same amount of knowledge about the universe as when I started, save three points:

1) There are cowboys
    2) This dude doesn't die from being hanged
    3) There is an annoying voice coming from somewhere

Where did you pick up an AI creating robo-jesuses?

It's from a write-up they did on it in one of the books

also you absolutely learn more about it than just that

there are hints that the "criminal" is the only one who hears the voice, since he's the only one that responds to it

and the fact alone that he's being executed for "proselytizin'" says a lot about the world he lives in. And not only executed, but the sheriff seems to regard him with a really severe hatred. He can't even make it through the reading of the man's crimes before the urge to kill him overtakes him.

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    ok but I still feel the same way I did at the end of the first Episode of "Lost"

confused and wondering why I'm supposed to care about the characters

MrMonroe on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm second-guessing myself and voting Belruel

the art grabs me the most, and it's a toss-up as far as all the premises go, so I guess that nudges it to first place

Captain K on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am a Sand man I think

Seriously on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is there a "take a week out of the next three months and do all of them" vote?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png