As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Voting Time!

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sand, Sand
    from here on end

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • SkipSkip Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    +1 Sand

Skip on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Is there a "take a week out of the next three months and do all of them" vote?

The way the question is phrased makes it sound like they will eventually do all of them... or at least the top 2, like when they did it before with Lookouts, Automata, and Jim Darkmagic.

skettios on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    skettios wrote: »

The way the question is phrased makes it sound like they will eventually do all of them... or at least the top 2, like when they did it before with Lookouts, Automata, and Jim Darkmagic.

I was sad they didn't do all three last time. I hope they do this time. :(

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    skettios wrote: »

I was sad they didn't do all three last time. I hope they do this time. :(

saaaame

skettios on
  • VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I couldn't decide so I said fuck it and voted for Belruel.

Vee on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Went with the New Kid because I liked it the best.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked The New Kid a whole lot. Sand has been a long time coming though hasn't it. I remember sketches for it from like 5 years back.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    All three options look good to me, but I have to choose one so I did. No, I'm not going to explain which I chose and rationalize my decision. However the vote comes out, we'll get good stuff.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it's not that you won't tell us, but you can't

Alzheimer's, eh?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited November 2010
    do I know you?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Who is John G.?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted for Sand, but honestly it's a pretty close tie for me. I want to see more of all of them.

Ivar on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All three of these look good.

I voted for Belruel though. I'm a sucker for people getting sworded to the face.

Hunter on
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Voted for The New Kid, but I'd actually like to see more of Queen of Bells. Although, if it wins, the new comic threads will most likely be taken over by people who don't know what the fuck is happening and stupid arguments will ensue.

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Voted for The New Kid, but I'd actually like to see more of Queen of Bells. Although, if it wins, the new comic threads will most likely be taken over by people who don't know what the fuck is happening and stupid arguments will ensue.

I voted for Bogey Golf.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    All three options look good to me, but I have to choose one so I did. No, I'm not going to explain which I chose and rationalize my decision. However the vote comes out, we'll get good stuff.

You're screwing up the exit poll. How are we going to get accurate projections now?

Butler For Life #1 on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

let's be honest

that's going to happen no matter which one wins

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted Sand because immortal cowboys

but if Queen of Bells wins it will give me a chance to figure out what's going on in that comic (I as of this moment admit that I don't know what the fuck is happening there).

Those are the two I would like to see most (miles beyond New Kid)

Kazaka on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    why would anyone need another sword swinging comic when we already have the Berserk manga

Franko on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    On reflection falling in love with your RPG character, when it comes to narcissism, is just this side of needing a hand mirror and a box of kleenex.

Aroused Bull on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    queen of bells is the least appealing to me, but i like the art the most

voted for new kid

satansfingers on
  • BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New Kid has the most possibilities.

Sand is robo-western. Belruel is fantasy. (Though I'm probably wrong on both of these, once G&T flesh out the story.)

The New Kid--anything could be on that planet. The indigenous aliens could take any (or no) form. It's a blank canvas/book for the artists.

Bhow on
  • superlusersuperluser Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Voted New Kid. I want to see Sand as a physical comic book, but I'll be danged if I don't want to see New Kid, too. And it sounds like the final product will be something other than physical comic book, so I can't prefer Sand.

superluser on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sand

seriously, fucking Sand

Antimatter on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gotta go with Queen of Bells. I like epic fantasy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted for Sand but Queen of Bells was a very close second. I would be happy seeing either, and hell I would be happy seeing the New Kid as well.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This was a really tough one. In the end, I had to go with Sand.

I think I've seen enough "New Kid" based stuff in all mediums, including ones with aliens, that it doesn't have as much of a draw.
    Bel is feels too close to the D&D/Medieval RPG type fantasy stuff we occasionally get in the normal run of things.
    Sand just seems to be the freshest. Also, space cowboys. Can't argue with that.

BoomShake on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Sand

seriously, fucking Sand

Anti you have a tendency towards Good Opinions

Speed Racer on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sand didn't really do anything for me

kind of surprising, really

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    voted sand

fuck the haters

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love me some generic fantasy, and QoB got my vote. Sand would be my close second, and New Kid being dead last.

Really, even the blandest of Tolkien ripoffs will still interest me.

It is a curse I must bear.

Carnarvon on
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ive read about 2 books when i was younger with the same plot as the New Kid
    it's so hard to adapt to alien life, they're just so weird

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The New Kid just reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KygD_QLpKeU

except I still want to see it done because I know they could make it great

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted for Belruel but I'd like to see them all.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Sand

seriously, fucking Sand

Anti you have a tendency towards Good Opinions

its's what I do

I do things fast, and I do things well
    :winky:

Antimatter on
  • emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sand did nothing for me. When it showed up first, I kind of hoped there would be better ones, so it wouldn't be so depressing. Luckily, there were.

New Kid could be pretty cool. I love science fiction and it seems like Mike and Jerry could do a good job with it because they're both parents of boys. Probably has the most potential for humor, and probably is the closet to their own hearts. As they said, it was the catalyst for this new vote. I'm sure if it gets any kind of showing in the poll, they'll do these comics anyway.

Belruel could also be interesting, though I feel Cardboard Tube Samurai or Annarchy comics would satisfy the same demographic. It's my second favorite, of the three. If for no other reason, it had a compelling, standalone hook. That can't be said for Sand. It also clearly has the best art.

Despite all the forum votes for Sand, it seems to me that for the typical PA reader, who may or may not vote, Sand had the least interest for those who haven't read outside source material on the concept, as forum readers are more likely to have done. It's just a cowboy that can't be killed and some kind of religious narration. As teasers go, that's kind of lame, and if Sand loses the poll, it'll be because they didn't advertise it well. If it's really about robots, they did a poor job explaining that.

Truth be told though, I'm still left unsatisfied by last years round of voting. We never really did get much for Automata or Lookouts. I'd rather get more comics in those universes than all three of these new concepts. Heck, give us a Daughters of the Eyrewood week.

emarecksaykay on
    -mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted for the new kid, because I am a total sucker for all things set in a future which is also in SPACE

Didgeridoo on
    edited November 2010
    Sand did nothing for me. When it showed up first, I kind of hoped there would be better ones, so it wouldn't be so depressing. Luckily, there were.

New Kid could be pretty cool. I love science fiction and it seems like Mike and Jerry could do a good job with it because they're both parents of boys. Probably has the most potential for humor, and probably is the closet to their own hearts. As they said, it was the catalyst for this new vote. I'm sure if it gets any kind of showing in the poll, they'll do these comics anyway.

Belruel could also be interesting, though I feel Cardboard Tube Samurai or Annarchy comics would satisfy the same demographic. It's my second favorite, of the three. If for no other reason, it had a compelling, standalone hook. That can't be said for Sand. It also clearly has the best art.

Despite all the forum votes for Sand, it seems to me that for the typical PA reader, who may or may not vote, Sand had the least interest for those who haven't read outside source material on the concept, as forum readers are more likely to have done. It's just a cowboy that can't be killed and some kind of religious narration. As teasers go, that's kind of lame, and if Sand loses the poll, it'll be because they didn't advertise it well. If it's really about robots, they did a poor job explaining that.

Truth be told though, I'm still left unsatisfied by last years round of voting. We never really did get much for Automata or Lookouts. I'd rather get more comics in those universes than all three of these new concepts. Heck, give us a Daughters of the Eyrewood week.

the sense of entitlement expressed by you is stunning to me

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    he's an Omeganaut, Dru

he can say whatever he wants

Captain K on