As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2: Lobbying like damn!

1565758596062»

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So anyone tried out/seen that algorithm generated 7 roach rush yes? Just curious how it is.

Neaden on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and motherships that can create black holes instead of time-out portals

Why is this 1.3mb gif so funny?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3388673/SC2Replays/1288640084717.gif

I laugh whenever I see it.

It's amazing how much you can say in a 6 second animation

I don't get it
    if you're being serious, the guy utterly botches his drone split, and instead of correcting the mistake and continuing on he opts to just leave the game out of frustration. I imagine the guy had just lost a game in a really annoying way to make him be that way

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and motherships that can create black holes instead of time-out portals

Why is this 1.3mb gif so funny?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3388673/SC2Replays/1288640084717.gif

I laugh whenever I see it.

It's amazing how much you can say in a 6 second animation

I don't get it
    if you're being serious, the guy utterly botches his drone split, and instead of correcting the mistake and continuing on he opts to just leave the game out of frustration. I imagine the guy had just lost a game in a really annoying way to make him be that way

Ohhh, yeah...

I didn't realize that's why he left the game, hahaha.

I've botched many a drone split :x.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Let's bitch about protoss and how they're OP and people just aren't playing them right.

Except this guy, watch my army melt before it even does anything cause of two well placed storms.

[URL="[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=162375][img]http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/repimgs/repimg-33-162375.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]repimg-33-162375.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    MashimaroMashimaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    zerg rush wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Trus wrote: »
    Maybe Day realized that all his Fundays have sucked <(^-^<)

Well team Monobattle is by far the best thing.

Except the funday-mondays have actually produced viable strategies and insights into the game.

No-Queens really showed me how Z production actually worked and made me appreciate queens as units and not just a production building. I'm sure I would have gotten more out of it if I were better with Z at the time.

Carrier-Rush demonstrated a lot of the power of carriers. I didn't recognize how powerful they were. They're now my go-to unit for any game that lasts long enough. While doing it, I also learned to appreciate motherships and learn how to use them.

Terran No-marine/marauder/tank helped develop Hellion-Thor for TvZ. Again, I'm sure I would have gotten more out of it if I were a terran, but it certainly helps for those times I get random.

Yeah, some of them sucked, but a lot of the funday mondays were really good for learning. Which is the whole point.

I've actually really enjoyed all the Funday mondays - this last one was a little weak, but I like the idea of doing more odd things to mess with peoples' idea of the metagame. I *do* think more challenges like the originals would be cool. Really weird restrictors like:

- You may not attack your opponent except via nydus worm/network (you can defend, but destroying his base is a no, no unless you showed up through a worm tunnel)

- You may not build zealots, sentries, or stalkers as protoss

- Battlecruiser rushing (cannot expand until you've built a BC)

Orrrr... you know, similar things. :)

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mashimaro wrote: »
    zerg rush wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Trus wrote: »
    Maybe Day realized that all his Fundays have sucked <(^-^<)

Well team Monobattle is by far the best thing.

Except the funday-mondays have actually produced viable strategies and insights into the game.

No-Queens really showed me how Z production actually worked and made me appreciate queens as units and not just a production building. I'm sure I would have gotten more out of it if I were better with Z at the time.

Carrier-Rush demonstrated a lot of the power of carriers. I didn't recognize how powerful they were. They're now my go-to unit for any game that lasts long enough. While doing it, I also learned to appreciate motherships and learn how to use them.

Terran No-marine/marauder/tank helped develop Hellion-Thor for TvZ. Again, I'm sure I would have gotten more out of it if I were a terran, but it certainly helps for those times I get random.

Yeah, some of them sucked, but a lot of the funday mondays were really good for learning. Which is the whole point.

I've actually really enjoyed all the Funday mondays - this last one was a little weak, but I like the idea of doing more odd things to mess with peoples' idea of the metagame. I *do* think more challenges like the originals would be cool. Really weird restrictors like:

- You may not attack your opponent except via nydus worm/network (you can defend, but destroying his base is a no, no unless you showed up through a worm tunnel)

- You may not build zealots, sentries, or stalkers as protoss

- Battlecruiser rushing (cannot expand until you've built a BC)

Orrrr... you know, similar things. :)

I think the next one should be (Hey FuriousJodo I'm looking at you)

Liars Monobattles
    -3v3 or 4v4. At least 2 must go Random. For every 2 Randoms (so if everyone is random 2 players otherwise 1) one player can lie at the start about which unit they are making.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    KorlashKorlash Québécois TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't Zerg have the best scouting options in the game? Creep spread, overlords, speed zerglings? If you're playing zerg and don't see the whole map, i think you're doing it wrong.

But my fingers are too stupid to use them so I play Terran! IMBA baby, yeah. :D

Zerg have pretty much the worst scouting. Oh sure, I guess they can easily see most areas of the map, except your opponent's base, which happens to be the most important part. Your only options are to hope the sacrificial overlord makes it far enough to see their whole build or to do some scouting with mutas.

Korlash on
    396796-1.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm taking my thread back!!

Proxy pylon the new thread now

:P

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    not to mention they can wipe out your creep tumors that you spent 5 minutes spreading in 20 seconds.

new thread time? we made it to page 98!

Jars on
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Run a suicide zergling up the ramp or a group into the nat if they expanded to check their unit composition. Doesn't show you their tech but at least you can see their unit comp and make a guess by their factory/starport/robo/stargate units.

Most Terrans in BW set up a small triangle of turrets in their mains to keep Observers out. Surprised no ones does it in SC2 as often. I occasionally scan my army to catch Observers and since most P don't build more than a couple it really puts them in the dark.

Terran really has the best form of scouting because you can't stop it without Emp/Overseers. Don't think you can feedback buildings.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979