As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition :

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My ride can't make it, so is anyone else planning to make the drive up? Preferably from Downtownish?

Heleor on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They open at 3pm so that's likely when I'll be there. I live just a few minutes away so I don't think I'd be leaving any time soon, so no worries Cronus. What time do you think you'll be getting there?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I leave work at 7, so I'd probably be there around 8.

Heleor, I could give you a ride as I'll be taking 5 right through the city. As long as you get back to me before the day of this time :)

Also I'm going to be picking up Citadels tonight. I'll probably go to Gamma Ray Games if anyone wants to get a round or two in before Friday.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ill likely bring Galaxy trucker with me, I also got that BSG board game as well after seeing it played at the sheraton :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would also like to go; however, if there will be a meetup there another weekend, I would rather do it another time. If this is the "only time we're all going"--- then I may want to make an appearance!

*need ride :-(

Nullthread on
    edited November 2010
    Nullthread wrote: »
    I would also like to go; however, if there will be a meetup there another weekend, I would rather do it another time. If this is the "only time we're all going"--- then I may want to make an appearance!

*need ride :-(

Well that's a question we really can't answer yet. It's going to come down to how cool this place is. Especially since it's in the fabled north region known to some as Everett. We'll have to discuss this matter Friday night over the appropriate booze and board games.

Also I said that I'd give Heleor a ride a few posts up, so unless he "disappears" you'll have to hope someone else from Seattle proper is going.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So for a lack of interest and funds, I'm putting the happy hour at Kate's on hold this week.

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited November 2010
    December 3rd-5th LAN PARTY:

Winter Wonder LAN!

If you aren't signed up for the LAN please don't stick around for very long, you are welcome to swing by to say hi to people but thats it. Its a Paid event with limited space. You wouldn't sneak into PAX without a Pass would you? Same deal here :P

WHEN:
    DECEMBER 3rd through 5th... till whenever I throw your asses out so I can get sleep for work the next day :P (probably around 8pm-ish)

4229926621_5d065ce11a.jpg

Will be at my place, if you don't know where I live PM me for the addy.
    Max 28 people (thats all that we can fit here for computers)
    Bring computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, power strip, and cables (Power, video, etc).
    LAN is 21+ (If you feel you are an exception, plead your case to me via PM)
    LAN entry is $15
    Crash space is available (I have 8 sumos, a couch, and lots of floorspace), as are showers. (I suggest bringing a towel, I have many but not enough for everyone)
    Chairs for the LAN are provided. If you are planing on bringing your own chair please ask me first.
    Ill provide lots of Non-Alcoholic drinks and snacks for everyone and dinner which is likely to be a ton of pizza on Sat night from the funds you pay in for the LAN. If you have been to one of these you will have seen there is no shortage of beverages/snacks.

The LAN room heats up thats for sure, but with the cooler weather in December things shouldn't be too bad. I am not even going to bother putting the fans under the door. If you are sensitive to cold *DO NOT* sit by the garage doors :P

Also if you must smoke please do it out by the road/storage building. I know there are people coming that are very sensitive to any smoke smell. If its done near the house, the smell will come in some of the many open windows.

ALSO I HAVE A KEGERATOR
    Beer that will be on tap is TBD, will accept suggestions for a good winter beer... Assuming the keg of irish death will be gone by then, heh. (beer thats on tap in the Pic is from kegs that are long empty)

Beer will be $2 a pint as a "HIGHLY SUGGESTED DONATION OR ELSE YOU WILL GET YELLED AT BY BIGRED". This cost is determined so I break even on the keg (expensive). I always have good beer so it will be worth it.

OM NOM BEER:
    4383187158_6e66174670.jpg

Previous house party rules apply:
    (no getting sick, you want access to liquor stash you donate a bottle to the stash, no being stupid, no showing up sick)[/spoiler]

Looks like all my spare machines are snatched up! I might have one or two more coming, we will have to see.
    Right now I also have *ONE* spare gaming machine(s) available for use Left. The order of priority for them is:

1) You don't have a gaming PC but want to attend the LAN
    2) If you are traveling from out of state and are unable to bring a gaming rig
    3) If you have a crappy PC that can play the games but just barley (if your machine is crappy then I want to see some system specs to judge crappiness)

Rental fee for these is a sixer (or a single awesome bottle) of something delicious. Ask me for what will tickle my fancy if you want to use one of these.

PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY ARE GOING FOR LAN:

25/25

Paid:
    1: BigRed
    2: Predd
    3: Deadmetal
    4: GauntletWizard
    5: Haikon
    6: Kemper
    7: LordMoon
    8: Darcness
    9: Paulpwns
    10: SmallLady (Spare computer #1)
    11: Heleor
    12: Ky13
    13: beta_angel (Spare computer #2)
    14: mateo
    15: Cronus
    16: Theros
    17: SNICKERS
    18: bicyclefish
    19: prox
    20: UberBeth
    21: beta_angel2
    22: usererror (Spare Computer #3)
    23: Wedge
    24: Oz
    25: Ris3n_Da3mon

n00b Seats!
    3/3
    (Spots set aside for new people who have never been to one of these LANs before, so new people can attend ) If these aren't taken a week before the LAN then ill open them up to anyone. Just want to give some new people a chance to attend.
    1: NullThread
    2: Xalara
    3: Darcness2

Unpaid:

Please pay to secure your seat.

Paypal info:
    reasonablylucid@gmail.com
    Please mark the payment as money owed or as a gift to avoid paypal fees.

BigRed on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm in, I'll send paypal tonight

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited November 2010
    Not 100% on the LAN yet, but I paid anyway. Can donate my spot if I can't make it. :)

Heleor on
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LAN SMASH!

(is this going to be my thing?)

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
    edited November 2010
    So whos Nickolay Krotkov? :P

edit: Guessing thats Heleor, heh

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    My paypal account's still my dad's. I called them up and they don't let you change the name apparently. O.o;

Heleor on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm in. Need the extra rig, though BigRed.

Love,

beta_angel.

P.S. - I'll drop cash off with you on Saturday, most likely.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited November 2010
    LAN BREAKFAST!

Fyi: I will be making breakfast for all at the LAN on the saturday morning. So far it will be French Toast, Bacon, and possible delicious hashbrowns if Usererror comes.

all I ask is if people can donate a few $$ towards to cost of food as that would be fantastic :D

SmallLady on
  • tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone who's heading to the AFK Tavern thingie have room in their car? :D

tek on
    edited November 2010
    tek wrote: »

Oz just DMed me to let me know hes pussying out so I now have a free seat in my car.

If you can bus to northgate transit center about when I get back from work on the bus we can head up.

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    SmallLady wrote: »
    LAN BREAKFAST!

Fyi: I will be making breakfast for all at the LAN on the saturday morning. So far it will be French Toast, Bacon, and possible delicious hashbrowns if Usererror comes.

all I ask is if people can donate a few $$ towards to cost of food as that would be fantastic :D

That is an offer that is too good to pass up. Though I must ask, why do the delicious hash browns hinge on Usererrors appearance?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • The_CyberchristThe_Cyberchrist Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ahh BigRed you lan is the same weekend as infernalan http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&eventid=1568

The_Cyberchrist on
    There is no blackness in this world which has not its mirror image in my soul.
  • tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

Oz just DMed me to let me know hes pussying out so I now have a free seat in my car.

If you can bus to northgate transit center about when I get back from work on the bus we can head up.

Hmmm... What time do you get to said transit center?

tek on
    edited November 2010

Hmmm... What time do you get to said transit center?

Depends when I leave work. (im going to try and cut out of work at 3:40 which would put me there around 4:10)
    You could just meet me at my house too but I figured the transit center would be easier. Im going to have to swing by back home anyway to get games and your power supply :P

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    Cronus wrote: »
    LAN BREAKFAST!

That is an offer that is too good to pass up. Though I must ask, why do the delicious hash browns hinge on Usererrors appearance?

because she makes amazing hashbrowns. :P

SmallLady on
    edited November 2010
    Anybody up for some ut2k4 at the LAN? :P

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    can we get more girls at the lan please? that would be swell.

SmallLady on
    edited November 2010

THERES ALREADY TWO
    WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

BigRed on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BigRed, I'll probably drop cash with you tonight, actually. I'll also buy you a few beers, because I owe you money for beer as well.

I forgot all my damn games at home...stupid me for not using brain.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited November 2010
    Anybody up for some ut2k4 at the LAN? :P

I could definitely be up for some UT at the LAN. It's been a long time. We should play UT3 or UT. Go with the latest and greatest or the classic.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    or we could go with the best :P UT3 was beyond shitty. UT was okay, no idea how well it will run on win7 though.

UT2k4 bombing run and onslaught was amazing.

BigRed on
  • DarcDarc Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    UT2k4 bombing run and onslaught was amazing.

If there is no UT2k4 Onslaught, I will cry. Do you want to make me cry?

Darc on
    There are 10 kinds of people; Those who read Binary, and Those who don't.

7Zd22nO.png
    edited November 2010
    I love UT2k4.

The fact that this lan won't be 95% Starcraft is already making me anticipate it all the more!

...so what games are we expected to already have installed?

Heleor on
    edited November 2010
    SmallLady wrote:

THERES ALREADY TWO
    WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

I would go, but I am mediocre at any type of LAN event. Let's just say, during my last DOTA LAN, I might as well have been a creep....

(In my defense, it was my first time playing.)

What kind of games do you host, Red?

Nullthread on
    edited November 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    I love UT2k4.

The fact that this lan won't be 95% Starcraft is already making me anticipate it all the more!

...so what games are we expected to already have installed?

dude... you signed up for an SC2 specific LAN... what did you expect?

SmallLady on
    edited November 2010
    Nullthread wrote: »
    SmallLady wrote:

THERES ALREADY TWO
    WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

I would go, but I am mediocre at any type of LAN event. Let's just say, during my last DOTA LAN, I might as well have been a creep....

(In my defense, it was my first time playing.)

What kind of games do you host, Red?

There is only one way to get better!!! :D

*hint, this means you should sign up!*

SmallLady on
    edited November 2010
    Heleor:
    As SmallLady said that was a SC2 release LAN, dont know why you expected much else than SC2 :P

Nullthread:
    Lots of FPS, some RTS. Usually TF2, L4D2, and we are going to try and get some UT2k4 going again. RTSes are usually SC2 nowadays.
    We also do some driving games that support lots of players, Like Blur.

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    UT2k4

WAIT. DOES THAT STAND FOR UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

Oh god. I haven't played that game since... what. 2004 XD.
    There is only one way to get better!!!

*hint, this means you should sign up!*

I only have a laptop--- unless that spare computer is still available. Red saw my specs (oh so dirty,) and it runs most 2008 games okay. Let me buy all the concert tickets for Novemeber/December/and maybe January, then I'll paypal. $15 for games and beer and cool people, totally worth it.

Nullthread on
    edited November 2010
    Lots of FPS, some RTS. Usually TF2, L4D2, and we are going to try and get some UT2k4 going again. RTSes are usually SC2 nowadays.
    We also do some driving games that support lots of players, Like Blur.

K. If you can, spare that computer. If not...I have L4D2, but haven't downloaded yet as I have to transfer music to external to make space for games. Count me in then!

Do people play LOL? My boyfriend plays it religiously, but sadly, every time I download/install, it doesn't work on my laptop.

Nullthread on
    edited November 2010
    Naw all computers are claimed right now.

Although yours will run all these games :P

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    I never understood the hate for UT3. It was better than 2k4. Most people had just moved on from UT to Halo and TF2 by the time it came out. 2k4 definitely has the better nostalgia factor and had less competition back in 04.

Also, this LAN is filling up crazy fast. I'm looking forward to blowing more shit up in Split Second. We should play some Flatout again too. The derby mode and launch the driver through the windshield mode of that game is awesome.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I loved UT3 except that there were very few game modes. UT2k4 is good though, and I got the original UT to run on Windows 7 without any issues.
    Also yes, Flatout and Split/Second would be killer.

Big Red, I still say you should give me a LAN seat for the Brawndo I gave you at PAX, because I'm broke. :P

Side note, I'm at the AFK Tavern now, they're still getting a lot of things started but it's pretty awesome.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm totally in, will be paid tonight or tomorrow morning.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
This discussion has been closed.