As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy 14: Where crafting is half the battle! [FFXIV crafting]

1111213141517»

• Options
    MoiraMoira Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hm. So I'm at work and wondering how much of a hubbub would be raised if I tinkered with my lists on the database. I mean, if someone walked by... I could try to explain, but I think it'd be wasted effort to defend myself.

Moira on
  • Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I just realized that a change I made yesterday means that you can't load the site's CSS file unless you're logged in. Oops.

When is Mheso usually on? I have a lot of the stuff being requested!

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »
    So I just realized that a change I made yesterday means that you can't load the site's CSS file unless you're logged in. Oops.

When is Mheso usually on? I have a lot of the stuff being requested!

Mheso is on right now. :( And I had the CSS issue happen last night but I figured it was growing pains. I keep missing Moira as well and it makes me sad. This game needs mail like whoa.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    IndieGirl wrote: »
    Mheso is on right now. :( And I had the CSS issue happen last night but I figured it was growing pains. I keep missing Moira as well and it makes me sad. This game needs mail like whoa.

I keep trying to convince Gathol to log in while I'm at work and pick up orders for me. Free stack of grilled trout to anyone willing to mule fish shipments for White Mage and Moira!

I'm usually online with Exzeph, Gally, Rathiain, Jodaddy, April, and Monza. But they might also be online all the time. And likely have full inventories.

Moira on
  • Options
    SaefalSaefal Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have mentioned a few times in LS chat and on a forum post that i have an alt i can use for delivery purposes but i will mention it again.

I have an alt char i made for the inevitable day i get sick of my current chars face. Im not currently using it at all and it has full anima and bag/retainer space. I would have no problems at all holding things for people and then delivering them. I need to run it to Gridania and i can pickup/deliver at all three main cities.

I can also keep my alts inv updated on BHS if people just need a place to store some community property. Feel free to make use of this!

Also feel free to store millions of gil and or wind shards on my alt...... you can trussssttt meeeee.

- Logan

Saefal on
    22409_5e82b1a63804c5d3.png
  • Options
    SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I set up a bunch of "ongoing requests" not explicitly based on what *I* need as a player, but what popular high level Alchemy things I'm commonly requested to make on an ongoing basis (which is why that app is awesome). Status effect potions, dyes, all that kind of stuff (six demon bag). Stuff that's explicitly for me has a quantity. :P

As far as *when* I'm on? The wetpaint link in my sig has a broad overview of my play schedule, but since I'm in crunch right now at work it's fluctuating wildly. Generally speaking, I am on super late at night (2~4a PDT) or in the early afternoon (11a~3p PDT). This week it'll probably be more like 10a~12p and 12a~2a though.

If people keep normal people hours and want to see me, usually the best bet is to talk to Jodaddy, Exzeph or Sabriel and ask them to either give stuff to me or identify who else can give stuff to me, because I tend to see them when I'm around.

SquallSeeD31 on
    FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    8229_48d6215903dff562.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I set up a bunch of "ongoing requests" not explicitly based on what *I* need as a player, but what popular high level Alchemy things I'm commonly requested to make on an ongoing basis (which is why that app is awesome). Status effect potions, dyes, all that kind of stuff (six demon bag). Stuff that's explicitly for me has a quantity. :P

As far as *when* I'm on? The wetpaint link in my sig has a broad overview of my play schedule, but since I'm in crunch right now at work it's fluctuating wildly. Generally speaking, I am on super late at night (2~4a PDT) or in the early afternoon (11a~3p PDT). This week it'll probably be more like 10a~12p and 12a~2a though.

If people keep normal people hours and want to see me, usually the best bet is to talk to Jodaddy, Exzeph or Sabriel and ask them to either give stuff to me or identify who else can give stuff to me, because I tend to see them when I'm around.

I normally see Ex on, so I'll talk to him about passing stuff on to you. I have a metric crapton of jellyfish stuff from WANG island and Cassio. Thanks for the info.

And yes, metric crapton is a unit of measurement.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    a puddlea puddle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love when my failure rate increases after a rank up.

a puddle on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    R30!

Imma try to do gemmed rings again. I have a good feeling it will go well (80%ish).

Gunna need some silver sand (ore is ok but i would like to reserve the ore for electrum) and fish.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I had no less than three people try to give me stuff when I was logged in from my work PC on lunch, and had to turn them away due to lack of inventory space.

WTB 2nd Retainer/Mail System =(

SquallSeeD31 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I had no less than three people try to give me stuff when I was logged in from my work PC on lunch, and had to turn them away due to lack of inventory space.

Get cracking on that inventory! I got a truck waiting to back up!

jdmichal on
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If anyone needs dyed cotton cloth or canvas let me know how many you need and what colors you want. Cotton is failing more than I think it should, but it's not too bad. Canvas fails a lot, but I can do it. Currently working on pink canvas for Sab (she needs 9, I have 5 made right now).

If I could get some weaver's marks this would be so much easier! Probably not, but that's what I'm going with until I get a book.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    PerytonPeryton Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You need 2 books (weaving & dying) =)

Peryton on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »

Get cracking on that inventory! I got a truck waiting to back up!

Go ahead and back it in, I'm at like 65/80. If that's not enough, I can try to do some synths while you're giving me stuff.

However, naturally this is going to be contingent on us finding each other again!

SquallSeeD31 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm at school grinding some dumbass foreign language lab hours and can't log into HBS - but while I'm thinking about it, can one of you guys grinding on maple sap possibly give me some of the sugar? I found some pumpkins last night and would like to make gathering food for myself. Thanks. <3

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    IndieGirl wrote: »
    I'm at school grinding some dumbass foreign language lab hours and can't log into HBS - but while I'm thinking about it, can one of you guys grinding on maple sap possibly give me some of the sugar? I found some pumpkins last night and would like to make gathering food for myself. Thanks. <3

Hey no problem, find me and i can give you *stacks* (of 99)

SquallSeeD31 on
  • Options
    funkydue01funkydue01 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jdmichal I was just using the HBS website and was wondering, is it possible to add a time stamp to show when the request was posted?

funkydue01 on
    Game ID's
    (FFXIV:Renier Avanti - Wutai) (WoW:Kaelos - Malorne) (SC2: funkydue.219) (360/Steam: funkydue)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    HBS Updates:
    • Requests:: Details and Provision:: Details pages now properly manages user permissions. (That is, only owner can delete, provider can mark ready, etc.) This allows links to these pages to be shared without worry.
    • Added Details link to all requests and provisions tables, now since the security issues have been worked out.
    • Fixed bug with Requests::Mine where the Ready column would always show "No".
    • Added creation timestamp to requests, viewable in details view. Right now these are in UTC. I will be looking into converting them into local time using javascript. (All requests created before this were marked with the time I implemented this in the database.)

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've been trying to add a request for Fang Arrows, but I keep getting a generic runtime error. I can't believe all the arrows after that take wing glue (I can beleive it). :(
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error 
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

AtomBomb on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I must have screwed something up... I have confirmed errors for adding both requests and provisions. I am working on it right now.

Weird part is... I tested making a request and I swear it worked fine before. *Grumble*

EDIT: Found the issue. Not surprisingly, the issue was such that it would work fine as long as the item was already in the database, and it would work once when the item wasn't. Having trouble fixing it though...

EDIT EDIT: OK finally fixed. I had to learn a new trick for this one. Fun! Sorry for the trouble everyone.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I heard rumors of my hat.

Moira on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Moira wrote: »
    I heard rumors of my hat.

Isn't it pretty? I'm breaking it in for you :p

76227_1218693962870_1694542241_403019_6146801_n.jpg

AtomBomb on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of hats, the fishing hat recipe is up: http://ffxiv.yg.com/item/fishing-hat-red?id=8012005

It takes boar leather, how impossible is that right now?

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm 7 ranks away from Boar Leather attempts, and Teki is 6. But maybe with the update it could be easier?

user on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That hat is... so beautiful... I think I'm going to cry!

jdmichal on
  • Options
    tetsuoZshimatetsuoZshima Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I never crafted in ffxi... and I'm already to give up in ffxiv... and I've only been trying for like an hour.

I went to didwai to try to start goldsmithing... he said he gave me the ingredients for "baderon's new bandanas" but every recipe I find online has stuff like marbled eye's in the recipe... but he didn't give me any of those :( is there a place in the game to find the recipe I'm supposed to use???

tetsuoZshima on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    When synthing look for the button "Requested Items" that will bring you to the crafting quest list from here you pick the quest and then start the synth. You don't actually need to have the items.

funkydue01 on
    Game ID's
    (FFXIV:Renier Avanti - Wutai) (WoW:Kaelos - Malorne) (SC2: funkydue.219) (360/Steam: funkydue)
  • Options
    tetsuoZshimatetsuoZshima Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    funkydue01 wrote: »
    When synthing look for the button "Requested Items" that will bring you to the crafting quest list from here you pick the quest and then start the synth. You don't actually need to have the items.

... you just blew my mind. thanks!

tetsuoZshima on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No problem.

funkydue01 on
    Game ID's
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So is everyone happy with HBS so far? Any outstanding complaints, issues, or requests?

jdmichal on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    If it hasn't been said enough, we do really appreciate the time you put in on that.

Come down to Sarasota sometime, I'll buy you a beer or something.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    HBS is great. I wish we could do the LS login message thing that other games have to direct people there. Someone should make a post on our LS forum about it. I'd do it myself but I don't have my security token with me (I'll do it if no one has by the time I get home).

EDIT- As far as improvements, the only thing I can think of is that "keep me logged in" doesn't persist for me beyond the browser session. Not a big deal, obviously.

AtomBomb on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    If it hasn't been done by the time I get home from work, I will knock it out.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AtomBomb wrote: »
    HBS is great. I wish we could do the LS login message thing that other games have to direct people there. Someone should make a post on our LS forum about it. I'd do it myself but I don't have my security token with me (I'll do it if no one has by the time I get home).

EDIT- As far as improvements, the only thing I can think of is that "keep me logged in" doesn't persist for me beyond the browser session. Not a big deal, obviously.

Could it be your browser is set to clear cookies? The website uses two cookies: One for your session, and one for your authentication. The session one only lasts until the browser is closed, but the authorization one should last 48 hours. I just did this using both Chrome and Firefox and didn't see any issues.

If you want, you can check cookies both before and after you close the browser, and see what's there. You'll see ASP.NET_SessionId, which is the session and should go away when the browser is closed. And you'll see .ASPXAUTH, which should last 48 hours from login regardless of the browser closing.

EDIT: In regards to login, I am hoping to add a password change dialog soon.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    HBS Update: Users can now change their password under the new Account menu.

HBS Survey: Does anyone use multiple characters? I have some changes planned to set a default character, but I want to know how common this is in order to prioritize it properly.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have two.

Just_Bri_Thanks on