As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DEAD THREAD] Caves of Phalla

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Heh, sorry ardor, already stole the mediator avatar.

Your a cool dude that adds alot of fun to the games, so I hope you don't die day 1.

I just found one too :(.

Fine, I'll find another to use.

If you really wanna use it I'll just change to something else, it's cool.

That's alright, I'll use gafgarion, then maybe it won't seem so bad if I try to make a deal with someone in the next game. He's all about the contracts after all.

Ardor on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Heh, sorry ardor, already stole the mediator avatar.

Your a cool dude that adds alot of fun to the games, so I hope you don't die day 1.

I just found one too :(.

Fine, I'll find another to use.

If you really wanna use it I'll just change to something else, it's cool.

That's alright, I'll use gafgarion, then maybe it won't seem so bad if I try to make a deal with someone in the next game. He's all about the contracts after all.

No, you already guilt tripped me out of it. Just take it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't want to pollute the main thread, but dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiit.

Close it up early.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm going to be greatly disappointed if we don't have a betrayal.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Me too. I live in hope, however.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm not sure many options are open, I think multiple people need to swap targets for people to start living, especially cultists or gnomes I would think.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I know it's a longshot, but we cultists are inherently optimistic people.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Since it's over with....doesn't Spectre simply have to not target who he says he's targetting for the Cultist to walk away? If he can really win with any side...

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    If spectre was smart, he would've stated he would target saburbia and then not kill him afterall, gnome + wraith victory then.

Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Grimmy if you hadn't been taken out day 1 I feel pretty confident saying the cultists would have won.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If everyone is truly who everyone says they are. All Celebrim has to do is not kill Jdarksun and the village wins.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    If spectre was smart, he would've stated he would target saburbia and then not kill him afterall, gnome + wraith victory then.

See earlier in the thread. Unless Spectre lied about his last anchor I'm confused why he's chosen to not win.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Grimmy if you hadn't been taken out day 1 I feel pretty confident saying the cultists would have won.

I like to think so too. :lol:

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

See earlier in the thread. Unless Spectre lied about his last anchor I'm confused why he's chosen to not win.

That's probably it then. Either way, there's a lot of killing going on, I would imagine the pm's are flying around to make alliances to win this. It'll be interesting as an ending. I kinda hope they do just nuke the bunker, but I have a feeling nobody really knows what's going to happen.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Or unless he was telling the truth about being bound to a faction once he chose.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Or unless he was telling the truth about being bound to a faction once he chose.

Still strikes me as odd and pretty firmly pushes the Wraith into village camp. (The village is the only one who will have a public face for any length of time.)

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    "Rocks fall, everyone dies!"

But srsly, neutrals kill more badguys than the village does.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I was gambling on him being truthful on being with the villagers because he's been tied to humans. This is exactly what Aroduc claimed some time ago in a game to try to prevent us from killing him by the vote. HE stated he was tied to 3 villagers, nothng else could kill him and he could kill anyone who voted for him and the only way he could die was from being seered with the item.

Since I was so sure that's exactly what the case was, I felt I had to trust him. I only had one chance to seer, and spectre ate me for it heh.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I have no idea why Sab gave you the spyglass. That confused the hell out of me.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So what are the chances this somehow continues another day? Its 0 right? So I can say everything I know abouts people right?

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It certainly looks like Spectre still thinks he can win, if the living thread is any indication.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Maaan.

Between waiting for the end of this and Blizzard's anouncement I have been on the edge of my seat for like hours.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    So what are the chances this somehow continues another day? Its 0 right? So I can say everything I know abouts people right?

Might be best to wait until the narration's up... just in case something wacky happened. Probably 0% though, yeah.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    If he does win his prize is going to be a day 1 death in Zodiac Phalla

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    From multiple parties.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah -- I really want to know where he got his gnome-info.

The number of people who need to die on day one in the next Phalla is rapidly approaching the total number of participants.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

The number of people who need to die on day one in the next Phalla is rapidly approaching the total number of participants.

I've done nothing worthy of death.
    Except kill you day 1.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wish there was more activity, I thought the ruleset and mechanics for this game were very well prepared.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I love how so many people already have FFT avatars. I can't wait to actually particpate in my real first phalla!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Hey I've died day 1 two games in a row now, please don't make it a third.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wish there was more activity, I thought the ruleset and mechanics for this game were very well prepared.

I think there was some insta-network potential. Night one, 1 minute before vote close: Knife holder says "X dies by knife." Day 2, "Contact me as items start with humans, I used the knife last night, I must be human."

Rocks fall and death to the monsters.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I agree, Ardor. It was a lot of fun for my first Phalla.

And hey, voting closed, and Gnasty is writing narration, so I guess I can speak freely now. It looks like what went wrong was that Paranoia833 didn't trust you that Munkus and I were good guys...being brought into the network same day, it must have looked suspicious. Thus the painful stabbings. At least, that's my take on it.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I think there was some insta-network potential. Night one, 1 minute before vote close: Knife holder says "X dies by knife." Day 2, "Contact me as items start with humans, I used the knife last night, I must be human."

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of items in general. I tend to prefer limited-use powers -- I'm thinking of introducing a power with a successively increasing potential for failure into my Phalla.

Of course, the battle royale Phalla test proved that items can be great when used correctly, but...

EDIT: That's not to say that I didn't like this Phalla a lot, even from the outside. 'Cause I did.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »
    I agree, Ardor. It was a lot of fun for my first Phalla.

And hey, voting closed, and Gnasty is writing narration, so I guess I can speak freely now. It looks like what went wrong was that Paranoia833 didn't trust you that Munkus and I were good guys...being brought into the network same day, it must have looked suspicious. Thus the painful stabbings. At least, that's my take on it.

Unless Paranoia is in fact the cultist, and stacked his knife/cult kill on Munkus to deflect blame.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of items in general. I tend to prefer limited-use powers -- I'm thinking of introducing a power with a successively increasing potential for failure into my Phalla.

Of course, the battle royale Phalla test proved that items can be great when used correctly, but...

Well, I'm tweaking it and working with inquisitor on how to make it less of a bloodbath. Everything's got a % chance of working now. I'm still excited to host that one because nobody is useless in that game.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Well, I'm tweaking it and working with inquisitor on how to make it less of a bloodbath. Everything's got a % chance of working now. I'm still excited to host that one because nobody is useless in that game.

Speaking of which, I need to catch you on aim sometime. Or we need to just start PMing eachother again.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

EDIT: That's not to say that I didn't like this Phalla a lot, even from the outside. 'Cause I did.

I think "Items as proof of humanity" is a really bad idea. Too verifiable. Items should be distributed randomly among the whole population. While random luck could screw the village there, random luck can screw any side.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I'd be up for the Battle Royale since it's so different. I was going to take a break but then fucking Tactics man. D:

:^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of which, I need to catch you on aim sometime. Or we need to just start PMing eachother again.

We should do AIM sometime, I've had several people ask for that so I put it in my profile now. I'm not at home right now, I'm doing DDR with some friends and my brother. I'm sore as hell right now though from playing for like 30 minutes.

RE: Infidel. No kidding about the tactics one. Plus, when I went over some of the stuff with HB, it looked to be a very balanced game, so I couldn't pass it up. I'm waiting for a game with like 3-4 teams, all equal in strength and abilities, then you just let them kill each other to see who's king of the mountain.

Ardor on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Telling you guys about the items starting only with humans was something I was a little leery about. I waited to reveal it until day two to prevent people from coming out and proving their innocence (because at that point items could have traded hands).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'