As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo: Reach: The Thread! Grifball went live

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I pretty much used armor lock to exclusion of all else for like the first month of reach, but as I've adjusted from halo 3 I starting not needing AL to avoiding dying as much. I started using sprint some of the time, mainly at the start of matches where I had a lower chance of being instantly killed.

You can pull off some wicked awesome shit like the sprint-jump-air tackle assassination, or getting a triple kill with a sword without getting so much as a scratch.

Though reflecting rockets and launching back grenades with AL will never get old.

ronzo on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yorker wrote: »
    Who's the asshole we play with who is constantly YELLING INTO HIS MICROPHONE!?

Your Al Pacino avatar + this sentence made me laugh for some reason.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Fucking stop it, dude. Also quit your bitching.

I am an asshole, I do yell occasionally, and i do love to bitch, could well be me, truth is, it gets real lonely in my head without the voices constantly speaking.

Also, im logging on now, see you crazy cats there.

but your accent is so dreamy <3

/awkard

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I am an asshole, I do yell occasionally, and i do love to bitch, could well be me, truth is, it gets real lonely in my head without the voices constantly speaking.

No, I recognise your voice, it's the Americans I can't tell apart.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Your Al Pacino avatar + this sentence made me laugh for some reason.

Oh, god, now you made me laugh.

It does fit though.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

FUCK YOU!

Also FUCK YOU!

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

to be fair, sometimes I get the heavy breathing confused myself

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Halo is the best lo.

I wasted 70$ on MW2 and im quite content with reach.

Besides blops won't have something similar to multiteam as far as I know. Multiteam is the nest.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Halo is the best lo.

I wasted 70$ on MW2 and im quite content with reach.

Besides blops won't have something similar to multiteam as far as I know. Multiteam is the nest.

the thing I like the most about blops is that commercial that inexplicably has Kobe Bryant and Kimmel in it. With an RPG. The game itself will likely be a pass for me, heh.

also multiteam may be my new favorite playlist. Even running it solo is fun. (unless it's rocket race)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

FUCK YOU!

Also FUCK YOU!

I lied, actually, I can recognise you, Fyre, Local and Auburn.

The rest I don't even have a fucking chance at telling apart.

No problem with our British people though, they all sound quite distinctive.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    kowikowi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Halo has been my favorite ever since I started playing on my PC.

kowi on
    PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    David!!!! Nooooo! What happened?!

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I have a video of some of us playing Invasion Slayer last night, losing for about 95% of the match, and coming back to win in the last couple of minutes with quite literally 10 seconds left on the clock when Kor got the game winning kill. I was tempted to chop it down to the last few minutes starting with the turning point but, something like that needs to be seen in it's entirety.
    If Reach were a Football movie...

I also have a video of me doing SWAT last night (going for the multikill weekly) and going 27-12 (one betrayal though) on a match. Unfortunately all the other competent people were on the other team.
    Link to the game

If you guys want, I could post the video of the first one in my fileshare. Now that I bought pro, I need to fill those slots.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhSwfa6UVQ

This is for the people in our party who were asking for the video :P

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    So I have a video of some of us playing Invasion Slayer last night, losing for about 95% of the match, and coming back to win in the last couple of minutes with quite literally 10 seconds left on the clock when Kor got the game winning kill. I was tempted to chop it down to the last few minutes starting with the turning point but, something like that needs to be seen in it's entirety.
    If Reach were a Football movie...

I also have a video of me doing SWAT last night (going for the multikill weekly) and going 27-12 (one betrayal though) on a match. Unfortunately all the other competent people were on the other team.
    Link to the game

If you guys want, I could post the video of the first one in my fileshare. Now that I bought pro, I need to fill those slots.

Ah, yes, that first one was the game where we would have won much more comfortably if I didn't keep on running over my battlebro, Dime. Poor guy. Got a spawning spree to show for it, though!

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That was a p good game if I recall

T4CT on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of 6-year olds. My son, Simon, turned 6 on Saturday, Nov. 6.

Some of you original TBK members might remember him.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That Boneyard invasion game was great, there is nothing better in this world than humiliating people who go talking shit before the game even gets started.

Shutting them down on the first phase was fucking good.

I loved how proud those two Generals were over their boosted ranks and inclement weather, too bad they still sucked.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Curses!

I missed your invite British cause I was finishing up a sniper attack :(

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    please feel free to give Crankodile and Tayzed bad player ratings, id recommend Game Communications, Trash Talking, In Game voice.

Also if anybody is interested in how to boost the game, check out their profiles on Bungie.net

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cunty wrote: »
    So how do you game with PAers? just add apamultireach or apamultireach 2? anything else i should do?

or friend request me (BritishDavid), I game most nights and like to get a big old PA game together, cya tonight?

Added you, the tag's 'shuj1n', i'll be on doing god knows what

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    please feel free to give Crankodile and Tayzed bad player ratings, id recommend Game Communications, Trash Talking, In Game voice.

Also if anybody is interested in how to boost the game, check out their profiles on Bungie.net

That's a lot of campaign.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    delicious failure in reach today. yum.

I think I'm at the burnout point for playing reach.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    The donation drawing is up to 170$.

The Guess My 10,000th Map is almost to 500 entries. I'm going to need a bigger hat.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    We entered the blackout dates for time off requests, so I couldn't get the Bee's anniversary off. I'll be on as much as I can after/before work.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am getting Blops (or is it BO?) from Gamefly but plan to stick with Reach for a while. The Daily Challenges are a sinister plot by Bungie to get me to play every day. In some strange way I feel like doing well in Halo takes more skill than CoD, but I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on that.

Also, Invasion is still the best playlist.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    77183_464231543490_591043490_5448699_8318488_n.jpg

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Kaiju15Kaiju15 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    77183_464231543490_591043490_5448699_8318488_n.jpg

Finally a screenshot of me where I am easily visible and not getting raped by a dinosaur.

Kaiju15 on
    It is your duty as a filmgoer to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
  • Options
    TejsTejs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That one race map that everyone died on was ridiculously hard to navigate - although I must give the author credit that those launch pads were pretty cool.

Lots of fun games tonight guys!

Also, here's a link to the video of the Slice N' Dice from tonight's Multi Team (my first snd ever!).
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9464123&player=Tejs

Tejs on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh so you were that ass hole with the sword.

I kept jet packing into your face.

Can I get a link to the two race maps me played? My friends will love those

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guys, something is wrong with me. I haven't played reach in about 2 weeks now. I'm a monster I know. To make up for this atrocity you should get on and play some multi team with me Gaz.

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think my schedule from now on is going to be wake up > get Reach challenges > check friends list, play either Reach or Blops depending on majority rule.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fuuuck, I missed Race customs? Dammit.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    six years

jesus fuck

YardGnome on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How is it that this game can be so well made, and I'm not having any fun playing it?

A night of nothing but completely terrible games and I realize how unsuited I am for whatever style of play Halo thinks it has. Either I have the completely wrong equipment for a fight, or I mistime using it, or I'm using the wrong gun, or I don't have exactly the right reactions.. whatever. There isn't jack shit I can do to actually kill anyone and I spend entire matches doing nothing but get more pissed off.

I've played all 5 Halo games and they keep making it more and more "pro", and all it's done is make me completely unable to enjoy it.

xzzy on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can't imagine what Reach does to make it more 'pro'. Anything that was remotely like that is siphoned off into its own playlist by now.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    From the last thread (spoilered because it's a long quote tree)
    T4CT wrote: »
    Tejs wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    I can't be too specific... mostly because at the time I didn't count how many ranks we were separated... but if I had to guess, the person (around) warrant officer 3 got 1000cr game complete bonus, and the (around) LT. colonel 3 got 1600cr. This is not including commendations, performance bonuses, or the jackpot.

The next time I play with a large group, I'll gather more numbers, and probably write them down.

I am currently Lt. colonel 3 and I never see 1600cr for a game completion unless it's a 30 minute firefight match. If what you said was true I would be look at around 2300-2500cr/match after commendations, performance, and slot machine. That is just absolutely not true - even if i'm playing invasion or BTB. If we start talking about team swat or infection matches, i routinely get under 1000cr/match total.

Same - I'm not sure where this 'more credits as you rank up' thing came from.

Also, the weekly has to be completed in one sitting - however you can restart mission to make it super simple. You get about 5 elites plus whatever grunts you can hit per restart.

you need to hit Commander or higher.

Lt. Colonel is not high enough to see the money increase.

Do not assume people are wrong and call them out for it when you are barely past halfway through the main rankings.

This would be all well and good except I am a Commander Grade 3, and I'm not seeing a credit increase.

Then you are doing something terribly wrong because we have been in games where I have gotten silver commendations and Local has STILL gotten more credits than me.

Just party up with someone who is at a different rank, and ask them how many credits they got for finishing the game. You should note that I'm not talking about total credits for the game, don't include the extras you get for jackpot/commendations/challenges/performance. After comparing some numbers from tonight's games, the difference between credits earned was constant. AS IN:

Colonel Grade 2 was getting 112.5% MORE "Game Complete" credits per game when compared to a Major grade 1.... every time, same %

I still don't know if it's a linear increase for each level or what. What this does mean (and my original point) is that 110,000 credits to get past Colonel Grade 1 still isn't as bad as the WOG3 grind, because the Colonel is earning more than double the game complete credits.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    halo threads RE-UNITE
    form of a MEGATHREAD

also i'm gonna play this game in a moment

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    From the last thread (spoilered because it's a long quote tree)
    I can't be too specific... mostly because at the time I didn't count how many ranks we were separated... but if I had to guess, the person (around) warrant officer 3 got 1000cr game complete bonus, and the (around) LT. colonel 3 got 1600cr. This is not including commendations, performance bonuses, or the jackpot.

The next time I play with a large group, I'll gather more numbers, and probably write them down.

I am currently Lt. colonel 3 and I never see 1600cr for a game completion unless it's a 30 minute firefight match. If what you said was true I would be look at around 2300-2500cr/match after commendations, performance, and slot machine. That is just absolutely not true - even if i'm playing invasion or BTB. If we start talking about team swat or infection matches, i routinely get under 1000cr/match total.

Same - I'm not sure where this 'more credits as you rank up' thing came from.

Also, the weekly has to be completed in one sitting - however you can restart mission to make it super simple. You get about 5 elites plus whatever grunts you can hit per restart.

you need to hit Commander or higher.

Lt. Colonel is not high enough to see the money increase.

Do not assume people are wrong and call them out for it when you are barely past halfway through the main rankings.

This would be all well and good except I am a Commander Grade 3, and I'm not seeing a credit increase.

Then you are doing something terribly wrong because we have been in games where I have gotten silver commendations and Local has STILL gotten more credits than me.

Just party up with someone who is at a different rank, and ask them how many credits they got for finishing the game. You should note that I'm not talking about total credits for the game, don't include the extras you get for jackpot/commendations/challenges/performance. After comparing some numbers from tonight's games, the difference between credits earned was constant. AS IN:

Colonel Grade 2 was getting 112.5% MORE "Game Complete" credits per game when compared to a Major grade 1.... every time, same %

I still don't know if it's a linear increase for each level or what. What this does mean (and my original point) is that 110,000 credits to get past Colonel Grade 1 still isn't as bad as the WOG3 grind, because the Colonel is earning more than double the game complete credits.

And what of the 220,000 credits it takes to get from Col G3 to Brig?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just got done playing against a full party of Brigadiers, Colonels and a General Grade 3, against our team of mostly Lt. Colonels, Majors and WOs.

It wasn't pretty.

I managed to stay in positive K : D land, but my team was dying so fast to their tank and banshee that it didn't really matter. Matchmaking, I am disappoint.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
This discussion has been closed.