As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX-East Arcade Party @ American Classic Arcade Museum in NH 11/20/2010

mpsmps Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in PAX Archive
On Saturday, November 20th 2010, The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot will be holding our 1st Annual PAX-East Arcade Party during normal business hours of 10am-midnight. Join your fellow PAX-East attendees for a day of classic arcade gaming and fun inside the largest arcade in the world. If you visited our free-play arcade at PAX-East, then you have only seen a tiny sample of the games in our museum.

Print out and bring the coupon at the link below for a special deal on tokens -- 150 game tokens for $20!
ACAM/Funspot Token Coupon

PAX-East Enforcers -- wear your Enforcer garb! As a special "thank you" to the Enforcers for all of their hard work assisting ACAM at the PAX-East 2010 show, ACAM will have some free items for each Enforcer in attendance such as the Atari Arcade Hits collection for the PC featuring 12 classic Atari arcade games. We will only be giving these out to those in Enforcer shirts.

For people coming from out-of-town, Fireside Inn & Suites in Gilford, NH (5 minutes from ACAM) is running a special for rooms @ $69.95 per night. For the special rate, you must make your reservation by phone at (603) 293-7526. Information on the hotel can be found here.

Hailed as “The Mecca of Classic Gaming” by MSNBC and "One of the shrines every sports fan should visit" by ESPN: The Magazine, The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot is the first 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and displaying vintage coin-operated amusements. Located on the third floor of the immense Funspot Family Entertainment Super Center, the museum celebrates the origins of the arcade industry with popular games from the past. Asteroids, Pac-Man, Centipede and Gorgar are just a few of the nearly 250 games currently on display & available for play in the Museum. The museum also contains static displays of game history and the walls feature many posters of vintage arcade games.

The Funspot Family Entertainment Super Center is located on Route 3 in Weirs Beach, NH. The facility was founded in 1952 by Bob Lawton and has been continuously operated by him and his family ever since. The 60,000 square foot center features over 500 games, 20 bowling lanes, a miniature golf course, a 400-seat Bingo hall, a restaurant, the D.A. Long Tavern, and a state of the art indoor golf center featuring six Full-Swing Golf Simulators. In June 2008, Guinness World Records named Funspot the largest arcade in the world.

Funspot and The American Classic Arcade Museum are open year-round.

Driving directions can be found here.

More information about our facility can be found at www.ClassicArcadeMuseum.org and www.funspotnh.com.

The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot
579 Endicott Street North
Laconia, NH 03246

mps on

• acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm definitely going! Quick question/suggestion: should this be a sticky so that this doesn't get lost in the other threads that get started/replied to?

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• mpsmps Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    acumen101 wrote: »
    I'm definitely going! Quick question/suggestion: should this be a sticky so that this doesn't get lost in the other threads that get started/replied to?

Not a bad idea. I'll see if Heels can make that happen.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors
    www.classicarcademuseum.org

mps on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tada!

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    edited October 2010
    heels wrote: »
    Tada!

Thanks Khahil!!

For those who have not seen our facility, here are a few pictures to get you excited:

museum1.jpg

museum4.jpg

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
    edited October 2010
    THAT'S what awaits me up in NH next month? DAMN! And that's just the classic stuff, right?

acumen101 on

edited October 2010
    THAT'S what awaits me up in NH next month? DAMN! And that's just the classic stuff, right?

That is just some of the classics that await you at The American Classic Arcade Museum, which occupies most of the 3rd floor of the Funspot Family Entertainment Center. The rest of the building has things like a bowling alley, modern arcade games like Daytona & Star Wars Trilogy, full-swing golf simulators, skee-ball, etc.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, the place is huge, and I don't think they ever threw any arcade machines out. Hopefully I'll make this.

schuss on
  • ArtemisArtemis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    damnit, I wish I could go to this, but the drive is way to far to make from LI, NY.

Artemis on
    edited October 2010
    Artemis wrote: »
    damnit, I wish I could go to this, but the drive is way to far to make from LI, NY.

It isn't too far for you. Get a group together and come up as a crew. I just posted a link in the notice at the top of this page with a hotel discount.

I know there are other New Yorkers that will be making the trip. I live in Philly & I drive up there almost monthly now for one reason or another.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • jbtjbt Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone when the party is?

jbt on
    edited October 2010
    jbt wrote: »
    Does anyone when the party is?

Saturday, November 20th 2010 during normal business hours of 10am-midnight.

mps on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why November and not...you know, March?

Goose! on
    edited October 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    Why November and not...you know, March?

We can only take 30-40 games to PAX-East in March. Plus, the Enforcers can't play games in March because they are expected to be working the show. This gives the people who visited our free-play arcade at PAX-East (and enjoyed it) a chance to see the full collection on a day dedicated for PAX-East attendees.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That picture of the pinball machines brings a tear to my eye. I'm awed.

I can't wait for this!

EDIT: Also, I will face off against anyone who will stand against me at Super Sprint. I mean it, the challenge has been laid out!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited November 2010

I can't wait for this!

EDIT: Also, I will face off against anyone who will stand against me at Super Sprint. I mean it, the challenge has been laid out!

I'll accept that challenge!

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh, man... I'm not going to be able to make it out (due to recovering from PAX and saving for PAX-East). So jealous. I would go absolutely crazy in that pinball room.

Everyone who attends this is in for a treat. The ACAM folks are class acts, and the machines are probably in the best condition you're ever going to find, anywhere.

Can't wait to see you guys again at PAX-East!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited November 2010
    mps wrote: »

I can't wait for this!

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

Sweet!

It.

Is.

On. =)

VThornheart on
  • MasterShakeMasterShake Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I can't wait for this!

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

Sweet!

It.

Is.

On. =)

i also will challenge you !!! : D

MasterShake on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow, that's really awesome! So is it safe to say that you will have this Free-play arcade set-up at PAX East this year?

feitocomfruta on
    edited November 2010
    Wow, that's really awesome! So is it safe to say that you will have this Free-play arcade set-up at PAX East this year?

We will be returning to PAX-East for 2011 with a bigger and better arcade. Planning is underway right now. We do not know how many machines we are bringing quite yet. It will depend on the size of the room that Heels can get for us.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
    edited November 2010

I can't wait for this!

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

Sweet!

It.

Is.

On. =)

i also will challenge you !!! : D

Super Sprint is a three-player game, so that will work out just fine.

This Super Sprint thing gives me an idea. Assuming we have some big numbers show up for PAX-East Day, perhaps we could sign on some sponsors for next year and do some mini-tournaments with prizes. If we get a good crowd, there is no reason why we could not make this an annual event.

Tell all of your friends and bring as many people as you can!! Use the coupon above for the cheap tokens!!

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    When is everyone actually planning on being there? I know the event hours, but I want to know when you forumers are going to be around. I could theoretically go Fun Spot anytime. I'm more interested in actually hanging out with fellow PAX peeps.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MasterShakeMasterShake Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    im going to try to get there as early as opining time but that depends on my friend and what time he can get out of bed but before noon : D

MasterShake on
    edited November 2010
    A tournament would be totally awesome =)

VThornheart on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yea, I'm going and most likely bringing a bunch of friends. Should be a good time.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
    edited November 2010
    A tournament would be totally awesome =)

Let's see how the turnout is this year. I'll ask around and see how other attendees feel about it. If the attendance is good and a tournament seems like something people would like, I'll see about putting something together for next year.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm hoping to go. Maybe we should plan lunch/dinner? I'm open for arriving at any time.

burnttoast45 on
    edited November 2010
    Yea, I'm going and most likely bringing a bunch of friends. Should be a good time.

Don't forget to print off the coupon on this page. When you are ready to buy tokens, go to the Funspot Bowling counter. Buy $20 in tokens at the Bowling counter and get 50 tokens for free.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
    edited November 2010
    Maybe we should plan lunch/dinner?

Not a bad idea. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how many people are showing up so that will make it hard to book space in advance at a local pub.

Here is a list of some of the local establishments: http://www.classicarcademuseum.org/area-restaurants.htm

Somehow, two of my favorites (Patrick's Pub and The Mug Tavern) are not on that list. I'll have to see about correcting that. Cactus Jack's is always a good choice. For those that insist on eating cheap, the usual fast food places (Wendy's, McDonalds, KFC, etc.) are nearby.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • nawojnawoj Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i havent been to funspot since i was like 13...

planning on going, and bringing my brother and nephew. should be a good time.

nawoj on
    "He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it." ~DNA
    edited November 2010
    nawoj wrote: »
    i havent been to funspot since i was like 13

I haven't been EVAR, yet I keep hearing about it. Now, I have motivation.

I'm still in. Oh, and not to sound too overly excited, but should forum members bring their forum badge for easy identification or are we meeting in a designated part of the complex?

acumen101 on

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've never been but this would be a great father/son outing. It's not a terribly long drive from me in Maine and I've been meaning to go since playing a few rounds at PAX-E. Looking at the games list makes it hard not to justify a trip - you have Popeye, DKJr and Tempest - that's my holy trinity right there.

Lindsay Lohan on
    edited November 2010
    nawoj wrote: »
    i havent been to funspot since i was like 13

I haven't been EVAR, yet I keep hearing about it. Now, I have motivation.

I'm still in. Oh, and not to sound too overly excited, but should forum members bring their forum badge for easy identification or are we meeting in a designated part of the complex?

I am going to assume that people will be flowing in and out at different times all day, so meeting in a central location may be difficult. Perhaps the best thing to do is to wear something that identifies you as a PAX-East attendee such as a t-shirt, scarf, or the forum badge idea you suggested.

Don't forget about the token discounts!! Print off the coupon on this page. When you are ready to buy tokens, go to the Funspot Bowling counter. Buy $20 in tokens at the Bowling counter and get 50 tokens for free.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
  • Electric PiElectric Pi Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    I'm looking forward to meeting some Penny Arcade folks this weekend.

Electric Pi on
    Rally = Real cars, on real roads, going real fast.
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I'll wear my red Enforcer shirt this weekend and go play pinball, just to be there in spirit.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited November 2010
    The 60,000 square foot center features over 500 games.
    Laconia, NH 03246

I had a few friends who were wondering if there's a list of the 500 games available online? Any chance there will be the 6 player xmen arcade game or any dance games? Thanks.

burnttoast45 on
    edited November 2010
    The 60,000 square foot center features over 500 games.
    Laconia, NH 03246

I had a few friends who were wondering if there's a list of the 500 games available online? Any chance there will be the 6 player xmen arcade game or any dance games? Thanks.

Did you check The American Classic Arcade Museum web site or the Funspot web site?

Please note that we have more floor space than games, so we frequently rotate games in and out. Just because something is on our inventory list does not mean it will be on the floor and available.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors

mps on
    edited November 2010
    Thanks. We took a look at the listings. See you in a couple days.

burnttoast45 on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It looks like I shall arrive a little after 1:00pm :)

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    edited November 2010
    Eek! I got caught up doing some configuration stuff, didn't realize what time it was! I'm heading out the door now! =)

VThornheart on